Family Stanos

Superb 362 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 362 Total Reviews

19th Apr 2017

Cannot beat this place for location, it's a basic set up but that's all you expect for the price. Ideal spot for touring the old town and climbing Mt. Srd

• kpeters9
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
13th Apr 2017

Great apartment in a central area. I was traveling alone and the host family made me feel very welcome. Great view of the City Walls (& partial ocean view) from my bedroom window.

• Netherlands, Couple, 25-30
13th Apr 2017
7.4

Very clean rooms and good location close to the old town (you have to walk some steps). We had a big room with an amazing view. The owner was quite intrusive and opinionated in communicating with us ("Why are you wearing shorts?!" "Why don't you like football?!"). It's a specific kind of communication / humor (?) that's not for everyone. It wasn't for us but maybe it is for others. For the rest nice stay.

I am shocked when I see that you are angry because of the simple question, why did you put on shorts when a storm is coming and Dubrovnik nights are cold in April. In a conversation with the guests, I try to answer all questions and give them the best advice so they can feel comfortable and safe and that they could best use their time. I accept all the guests as family members and I feel responsible for them. Maybe its wrong, but we have been doing it this way for 15 years and we will continue to do so in the future, regardless of all .

• Wales, Couple, 18-24
25th Nov 2016

We had an absolutely amazing stay here. Although the hostel was a little hard to find from the bus station in Dubrovnik when we did find it we realised the location was superb. The walk from the hostel to the Old Town is less than 5 minutes and a walk that's effectively a straight line. The hosts were wonderful and greeted us with open arms, even though we were early and gave us mandarins and rakijah whilst they made up the room and the family's daughter told us ghost stories.

6th Nov 2016

Great place to stay. Just a few minutes walk from old town. A private room with an ensuite bathroom. Wifi works great. The Stanos family are very nice people & will help with directions, bus schedules, etc. I highly recommend this place when you visit Dubrovnik