Superb 357 Total Reviews
Superb 357 Total Reviews
Family Stanos Located at Bernard Shaw str. No 5, , Dubrovnik.
Croatia
Dubrovnik 20 000 Bernard Shaw str. No 5
94% 357
42.6438401 18.1080222
    Rooms available

• Wales, Couple, 18-24
25th Nov 2016

We had an absolutely amazing stay here. Although the hostel was a little hard to find from the bus station in Dubrovnik when we did find it we realised the location was superb. The walk from the hostel to the Old Town is less than 5 minutes and a walk that's effectively a straight line. The hosts were wonderful and greeted us with open arms, even though we were early and gave us mandarins and rakijah whilst they made up the room and the family's daughter told us ghost stories.

6th Nov 2016

Great place to stay. Just a few minutes walk from old town. A private room with an ensuite bathroom. Wifi works great. The Stanos family are very nice people & will help with directions, bus schedules, etc. I highly recommend this place when you visit Dubrovnik

18th Oct 2016

The owners of family Stanos is very welcoming and friendly. The room was perfect, clean and had a perfect view of the sea and old town. Old town Dubrovnik and the city walls are right outside the steps. The cable car and the bus to the airport was also walking distance.

17th Oct 2016

Very nice experience. Really closed to the old town, the staff was really nice with us and they help you with all they can. The room has an awsome views, was huge and clean and really confortable. We can imagine a better place to spent our two nights in dubrovnik. An authentical place in a incredible city. Thank you for everything!!!

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
8th Oct 2016

Great atmosphere and old world charm. Family Stanos were very welcoming with invaluable local knowledge and advice. I would highly recommend.

• Germany, All Female Group, 25-30
23rd Sep 2016

Nice place in a great location. Super nice Garden with terrace. Very friendly people, helped us with luggage and parking. Would stay there again.

• Ireland, Female, 41+
21st Sep 2016
7.7

Calling this house a "Hostel" is a misnomer. It is a family home, which has guest rooms. There is no hostel kitchen, so no facilities to make a cuppa. Diana made me a welcome cup of coffee one morning alright but it would have been so nice to have use of a kettle. Without a hostel common room there is no place for meeting other travellers/holiday makers to share knowledge.

This is not a hostel, and it says on my microsite, this is a guesthouse. Coffee or tea in the morning are available to everyone for free. If you wake up every day at 11 am and go to bed at 8 in the evening you can not expect that you will meet a lot of other guests. We do not have a common room, but we have common garden, remember, that is the place where you sat with other guests drank coffee, ate just-picked grapes, tasting some of the local liqueur. But if you "pay on arrival" understood as "I'll send you the money when I get back home," nothing does not surprise me ...

• USA, Female, 31-40
6th Sep 2016

We went on a 3 week trip through Europe, and staying with Baldo and his family at Family Stanos was by far our favorite place we stayed! The accomodations were very comfortable, perfect location right near the palace walls, and a very friendly welcome. Trust his directions! :) We asked at the bus station how to get to the Kapelica bus station, and they casually said oh all the buses go there. They do go NEAR there, but it's much better to wait for the #8 bus up the hill as he has suggested.

3rd Sep 2016

Very much enjoyed my stay. Was a great location,though up many stairs as is most of Dubrovnik but only an issue because of luggage. Baldo the owner, kindly meet me at bus stop to help,me carry my bag as I had an injured foot.You will enjoy staying here if you want to feel what an authentic Croatian home is like. My room had an amazing view of old town and the sea and my room was very clean.Great to chat with Baldo as I got the opportunity to learn lot about the history of Croatia and Dubrovnik.

Thank you, we also enjoyed your company ...

29th Aug 2016

My wife and I stayed at Family Stanos for 3 nights. This is an historic home with a lot of character. The owner and his family went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, and helped us out when we were having transportation issues. We loved the terrace and garden, and the 2 resident turtles were very entertaining. Though a bit of a hike up the stairs from Pile Gate, the location offers great views of the town. We would definitely return to Family Stanos on our next visit to Dubrovnik