Family Stanos Reviews

Bernard Shaw str. No 5, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Baldo,his wife and his family were very kind to us. I have been in Dubrovnik a couple times but the Location of the Hostel was the best I everhad. A wonderful view on the old walls and the "Minceta", and the view on the sea is also awesome. The last night in Dubrovnik I was until 3 or 4 a.m. in the city and I ve forgotten to take the keys of the apartman with me, I thought that I had to sleep on the sreet but Baldo opened the door(wiht a smile), after ringing the bell just once time :)

Baldo is an excellent host. He will spend time with you and let you know about things to see and do and about the history of the area. He has good connections with the people of Dubrovnik. A thoroughly delightful stay. Thanks Baldo!

• 10th Jul 2014

Excellent host, couldn't do enough to help us. We arrived sweaty, late and with broken bikes, Baldo immediately set to sorting us out! Don't know what we would have done without him. We traveled the whole of the Croatian coast and this place made Dubrovnik the highlight!

• 24th Jun 2014

We loved family Stanos! The family is so kind and lovely, among arrival they greet you with water and snacks and give great recommendations. You have your own room and keys so you come and go as you please. The view from our room on the 3rd floor overlooked all of old town - absolutely beautiful! Overall it was clean, nice, safe, perfect location, and a great value for yor money! Stay here!

A bit old fashioned, need refurbishment. Relatively close to the city walls but be aware - lots of stairs. No tea/coffee facilities and a bit too expensive for the standard provided.

Yes, you are right. House which is 260 years old looks old-fashioned. No tea / coffee facilities, but every morning you drink coffee in the garden.

We really enjoyed our stay at Family Stanos. The house is well located near the city center and public transport. The place is very clean. We especially liked the warm welcome and friendliness of the whole family. They gave plenty of useful pieces of advice.

Baldo was an excellent host and did everything he could to help us with our plans and gave us ideas of where to explore. The location could not be better. You are only a set or two of stairs away from the old town and going up and down works off all that gelato close at hand anyways! Highly recommend.

• 12th Jun 2014

We had a fantastic stay at Family Stamps. The price can't be beat and Baldo and his family were marvelous, friendly and entertaining. I would recommend this place to any friends or family. It is basic but a bargain and clean and comfortable.

It was brilliant! Baldo was very kind, chatting with us and inviting us for shots! The room was amazing with amazing views and very near from the centre. The only thing i would improve, small little thing, it would be to offer breakfast, although Baldo offered us coffee before we left every day. I reckon is one of the best hostels i have ever been!

As far as budget accommodation is concerned, Family Stanos went above and beyond my expectations. The owner, Baldp, is an unbelievably nice guy and his family is very sweet as well. We had a triple room (and our own bathroom!) with a beautiful view of the the sea. The location is excellent, less than a five minute walk to the the old city. Cleanliness was a non-issue--the place was spotless. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

We had a great stay at Family Stanos. The family was extremely friendly and very helpful in planning our visit in Dubrovnik. The sobe was very central, just a few minute walk to the Old Town. I would definitely recommend this sobe to anyone staying in Dubrovnik!

Excellent stay and very friendly family.. Always again, thanks.

• 10th May 2014

Looking for a BnB in Dubrovnic? Go there! Nothing more to say about this place. Perhaps one more thing: lovely hosts!

• 27th Apr 2014