Far Out Camping Reviews

Mylopotas Beach, 84001 Ios, Ios, Greece

great if you're looking for a cheap bed and a party, wouldn't stay longer than a couple of days because the facilities aren't great. stayed here a night and it was fine

This place is not like a hostel at all! The facilities are crazy good, the beach is 2 steps away, the price is amazing. They have everything you need! If you want to lie in the sun all day and party hard this is your place. Socially its fantastic, you have to be okay with drunk Australians to enjoy this place because it's ALL Aussies! Only thing is bathrooms a bit gross, and mattresses thin. Some of the organised party activities were pretty disturbing and demeaning, we felt unsafe as girls.

I had an amazing stay. The staff were very nice and helpful. Pool was great. Good and cheap food, plus live music and djs all day! It was so fun. Rooms were good, but toilets seemed to be always out of paper.

Come for the party atmosphere, which is unbeatable! Not the cleanest place ever, but pretty good for a campground filled with drunk people. I wish the kitchen were available, because you pretty much have to buy all your food, water, etc. However, once you take into account the super cheap room rates it all works out.

We had an amazinggg time here! The atmosphere, pool party sessions and location were amazing!! Would be great if there were more powerpoints near the rooms to charge our phones!

Had a fantastic time at Far Out resort. It was a very cheap stay for me so i didn't expect too much and had no problems with the camping accommodation provided. The pool facilities were fantastic as was the restaurant and access to sports facilities and water activities. Very well connected to the town and port for all ferry times. Good internet access in the common areas and excellent atmosphere in which you can meet people if travelling alone like I was.

Best place on earth

Our room was literally just two beds, no powerpoint and the wifi barely reached, it kept dropping out. It was ok though, we only used the room for sleeping and didn't actually spend much time in there at all, we just hung out by the pool instead. Really good atmosphere, so good for partying, I'm glad I stayed here but just a couple of nights was definitely enough.

We originally booked in the little Camping huts for about €12 a night. We knew that was cheap but the photos dos not look like the actual! It was SO small and SO hot. Anyone that has been to iOS will understand that something that small with no windows/ airflow is a sweat box. Decided to upgrade to the cabin but could only do so on our last night. The price difference was 60€ for 2 ppl- in hindsight we should have paid that at the start. The cabins were GREAT! Recommended!

I stayed there initially because I was en route to Anafi for what was in many ways quite a different trip, but I enjoyed it far more than I expected. I am age-wise way over the average yet I found the staff and most campers were not discriminating. Relaxing in hammocks by a pool late afternoon, entertained by a loud soundtrack was excellent - as was the food which was great quality and value; washrooms could do with drying area (hooks,shelves) outside cubicles and wall to separate M from F.

The location was fantastic, the restaurant and nightclub and pool fantastic but the beach huts were gross and the toilets and showers were gross. Very friendly staff though.

DO NOT CAMP unless it is your last option!The rooms are sooooo hot and impossible to sleep in. There were holes in my tent where bugs were coming in! Lifted up the sheets and mould was all over the pillow and matteress. I didn't sleep in the room because of this!I just slept on the beach! I used the room more for storage! I camp all the time back home and this was a struggle!My tent door broke and wouldn't open and when I told reception they said they wouldn't be able to attend to it until later

• 9th Aug 2015

Do not stay in tents! dirty, small, uncomfortable and sweaty with no power

Staying at Far Out is definitely an experience in itself. It's like a small caravan park with an eatery, gym, pools, beach, bars and mini mart - there's not much reason to leave. They've got water sports and normally have some sort of pool party at night. It's quite far from the town but there are regular shuttles. The accomadation differs a lot! You definitely get what you pay for. I had a 'bed' in a dog kennel for €11 a night but others had really nice villas for €40. And the party never stops

I would recommend Far out because it has a great atmosphere and the staff are wonderful but I would nesecarily recommend the camping section.

If you want to party get to far out !

My time in IOS was FarOut of this world baby. FarOut camping has a fantastic atmosphere and the staff were wonderful and fun. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to have a good time and who isn't particular about the very veryyyyyy basic accommodation!!

• 7th Aug 2015

Probably my favourite place I've stayed at all trip. During the day it's nice and relaxing but picks up as the day progresses and at night, everyone goes to the town which is the best part. Stayed here for 4 nights and wish I could've stayed longer. I also recommend renting ATV's from any nearby store. 30€ for 24 hours and you can cover the entire island. Well worth the money. Highly recommend this place for people who wanna have fun

The tents are super hot in the morning!! But not too bad at night.. Great set up.. Would stay there again but in a bungalow :)

we had the best time, regardless of staying in the bed tents which didn't have power or air conditioning and were impossible to sleep in after 9am which sucked when you got home at 6am! however the atmosphere and the beach/pools make up for it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3