Far Out Camping Reviews

Mylopotas Beach, 84001 Ios, Ios, Greece

Very good atmosphere, the best place on IOS to party imo. Beach also very close. Definitly recommending the place.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Best place to start the party. Helpful staff. Great atmosphere.

We stayed in a bungalow style tent here and it was the worst experience. The tents were full of cob webs the beds extremely uncomfortable and at night we got eaten alive by mosquitos. The bungalow doors to not seal properly so you have no protection against insects. The amenities in the camping areas were also very dirty and smelly. After the first night we ended up paying extra and upgrading to a hotel style room. They were great about this and the hotel style room was 10/10. Great day club.

Booked in the tents and kinda knew to expect nothing great but when I saw them decided it was for me and upgraded, the staff were very helpful and friendly!!!!

I'm too old for this place. Great party!!!

• 11th Jul 2015

Awesome place to hang out and party. Stayed in a two person cabin/tent which was very basic. Bathrooms pretty dirty. Definitely a good place to stay though!

I camped here in a tent with a lockable door, wasn't the greatest but it's cheap as chips! If you love the party life, don't mind roughing it a bit, want to keep the accommodation costs down, this is the place to stay. If you want good sleep and air-con with comfort, you're probably going to have a not so good time

Awesome hostel.. Best 5 days of my life!

Where to start!? The staff were absolutely amazing, definitely take the time to get to know them as they were one of the main reasons we extended our stay from 3 nights to 10! Atmosphere is awesome, every bodies there for a good time and saw no idiots about! Bit of a hike trekking back after a night out in the town, but it's all downhill and the sunrises are beautiful!

Party hostel, helpful staff, super hot bunkers but you're not really there to sleep anyhow.

A bit of a sloppy drunken mess, but it's fun if you're into that. Beach is beautiful, easy to get to and from town where all the bars are.

I highly recommend this hostel! Every thing was perfect. The infrastructure is excellent and it really worth for value. The only problem was the internet, that during the afternoon party, was a bit bad.

They should give bed sheets to the guests. It is too cold inside the tends at night. The guests can charge their phones only at the reception or at the bar, because there isn't any plugs in the tends.

Started off in the cheapest of tents... Couldn't sleep at all because of the mosquito's and the fact that there were only 5 slats in the bed... But it is far out Beach club, most unique and best places for partying in the world. I guess you could just get so drunk that you wouldn't notice the beds. I upgraded to the bigger tents though after the first night for 2 extra euros and that bed was fine .. Get these ones ;)

Stay here. You will not regret it. Just don't stay in the tents for more than three nights as we got VERY sick of the Mosquitos after the third night of being eaten Alive. Worth it for the nicer rooms.

Camping is located right near the beach in Ios so not in the actual town but everyone catches the last bus in at the start of the night so that's no problem. In the day Far out is the place to be so good location is that sense. In June the camping huts weren't too bad temperature wise and the shower and toilet block were good to use. Wifi needs a bit of work cos too many people try to use it. Good place to stay if you want to save money and it's fun!

Staying in the camping area is cheap but don't expect much. The tents were full of spiders and dirty, there was no plug to charge phones, the showers were poor and often had no pressure. I guess it was ok considering you spend most of your time on this island drinking and laying on the beach. I was glad when it was all over after two nights and wouldn't be back. There were lots of hot bodies around and the party was incredible but that's not really my thing, at least not to that extent.

• 25th Jun 2015

The atmosphere is absolutely amazing. Even though I basically didn't sleep for the four nights I was there - I stayed in a tent for 5 euros - I still enjoyed every second of it. Amazing people, great staff, great facilities. I will definitely becoming back next summer.

Thanks a bunch for letting me stay in a bungalow, upgraded from a tent. Staff were all amazing!

Great place to party with friends, hard to meet people if you are by yourself. Air conditioning is an extra 5 euros a night and it's extremely hot if you don't get it. We booked a tent and hated it we ended up paying extra for a bungalow. Overall nice place! Pools are awesome and right on the beach!!!! No kitchen though which would have been appreciated because food on the island is expensive. If you come, definitely check out the restaurant harmonys! Best food on the island!