Far Out Camping Reviews

Mylopotas Beach, 84001 Ios, Ios, Greece

Lovely room over looking the beach from a distance. We loved that we could watch the sunset from our bed! Room was large and well designed! Great value for money!

Average wifi and have to pay extra for aircon but awesome location on the beach with a good restaurant and bar

• 9th Sep 2015

It is roughing it a bit if your staying in the tents. It's the pool is very nice but deff a party hostel. The wifi is absolutely terrible so don't rely on it. Everything at the stores is super over priced and the hostel is filled with crazy day drinking Aussies. So if your looking to relax during the day don't recommend it

great if you're looking for a cheap bed and a party, wouldn't stay longer than a couple of days because the facilities aren't great. stayed here a night and it was fine

Such a amazing place! You're easily able to relax quietly in a hammock by the pool, get awesome drinks at the many bars, rent a scooter to cruise around the island and party all day in the sun! Great value for money! If you do the camping you are basically in a thin wooden triangle structure (couldn't stand up straight) with up to 3 beds in it (very tight) but it's completely fine for sleeping. Busy & energetic crowd but not overly insane when I visited at the end of August. Truly Paradise!

This place is not like a hostel at all! The facilities are crazy good, the beach is 2 steps away, the price is amazing. They have everything you need! If you want to lie in the sun all day and party hard this is your place. Socially its fantastic, you have to be okay with drunk Australians to enjoy this place because it's ALL Aussies! Only thing is bathrooms a bit gross, and mattresses thin. Some of the organised party activities were pretty disturbing and demeaning, we felt unsafe as girls.

Location is awesome, short walk from bars, lots of water sports activities, such a great chilled out hostel with decent food. Highly recommend

I had an amazing stay. The staff were very nice and helpful. Pool was great. Good and cheap food, plus live music and djs all day! It was so fun. Rooms were good, but toilets seemed to be always out of paper.

Stayed in a chicken hut so their was absolutely no sleeping past 8am but I didn't care because the pool deck chairs and beach was more comfy than the bed so I would just sleep down there. Who can complain about a $8AUD per night bed. Upgrade if you don't want to do that because the other rooms are absolutely amazing and worth the money. But I wouldn't sleep with the aircon on, everyone gets sick, and I mean everyone! Location and atmosphere was amazing!

You go there to party. That is all. It's cheap and you'll have a bloody good time.

Come for the party atmosphere, which is unbeatable! Not the cleanest place ever, but pretty good for a campground filled with drunk people. I wish the kitchen were available, because you pretty much have to buy all your food, water, etc. However, once you take into account the super cheap room rates it all works out.

We stayed in the huts or kennels as they're called, for 4 nights. Awesome value but can get a bit hot sleeping. Great atmosphere all around the site, 2 big pools and across the road from an awesome beach with water sports. It's a short bus ride into the main town. Staff (especially the cafeteria lady) are nice with lots of hungover food options! Fairly clean considering its a party hostel, would stay again!!

We had an amazinggg time here! The atmosphere, pool party sessions and location were amazing!! Would be great if there were more powerpoints near the rooms to charge our phones!

Had a fantastic time at Far Out resort. It was a very cheap stay for me so i didn't expect too much and had no problems with the camping accommodation provided. The pool facilities were fantastic as was the restaurant and access to sports facilities and water activities. Very well connected to the town and port for all ferry times. Good internet access in the common areas and excellent atmosphere in which you can meet people if travelling alone like I was.

Best place on earth

Our room was literally just two beds, no powerpoint and the wifi barely reached, it kept dropping out. It was ok though, we only used the room for sleeping and didn't actually spend much time in there at all, we just hung out by the pool instead. Really good atmosphere, so good for partying, I'm glad I stayed here but just a couple of nights was definitely enough.

We originally booked in the little Camping huts for about €12 a night. We knew that was cheap but the photos dos not look like the actual! It was SO small and SO hot. Anyone that has been to iOS will understand that something that small with no windows/ airflow is a sweat box. Decided to upgrade to the cabin but could only do so on our last night. The price difference was 60€ for 2 ppl- in hindsight we should have paid that at the start. The cabins were GREAT! Recommended!

bathrooms were absolutely disgusting. literally excrements on the walls!! the bungalows and village rooms looked nice but we had a tent... DO NOT come here if you cant afford something better than the tent!!! we had mouldy mattresses and pillows, old bandaids and food wrappers and MAGGOTS on our floor and had to clean it ourselves upon arrival. though i must admit the common areas (pools, bars, sun beds, etc) are great. shuts down around 10pm but is close to club district

I stayed there initially because I was en route to Anafi for what was in many ways quite a different trip, but I enjoyed it far more than I expected. I am age-wise way over the average yet I found the staff and most campers were not discriminating. Relaxing in hammocks by a pool late afternoon, entertained by a loud soundtrack was excellent - as was the food which was great quality and value; washrooms could do with drying area (hooks,shelves) outside cubicles and wall to separate M from F.

The location was fantastic, the restaurant and nightclub and pool fantastic but the beach huts were gross and the toilets and showers were gross. Very friendly staff though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3