Farah Hotel Reviews

Down town cinema on Alhussein St, behind Arab Bank, Amman, Jordan

The staff picked up an error in my booking and I was able to correct the booking to include 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, & 19 April-2014. Delete any bookings in March-2014.

• 16th Mar 2014

The room where I stayed during the first part of my stay had a plumbing problem that was not repaired even after I reported it to the staff. Secondly, I don't know why the shower area doesn't have a curtain to prevent water from spilling all over the bathroom creating a big mess (I,ve seen the same situation in other countries). Third, some of the staff where smoking inside the hotel even though there are No Smoking sign. For my standards, the breakfast offered is not enough.

Good location downtown. Very simple hotel, but with friendly staff and a good place to meet other travelers. Breakfast is not extensive, but being downtown there are other cheap and good options just around the corner.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

WiFi did not work most of the time and even when it does, the data allowance per IP address is so low that I got locked out after less than two hours surfing (and I didn't even download film or images). There is no hot water except early morning. When two or three people take a shower before me in the morning, there will be no hot water left for the rest if us. They quoted a fixed price for collection from the airport but when we got to the hotel, I was made to pay 25% more.

The room was'nt very clean (ex. the radiator). The breakfast could have been more copious. The staff was very pleasant and helpfull for reservation of tours and further hotels. The location is very quiet, even close to the center.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Switzerland

There are select hours with allegedly hot water. However there was little to no hot water, and when you stay at hostels they are usually just a place to sleep and tours start in the early morning so the ice cold water showers were one way to wake up.

• 19th Dec 2013

Internet did not work, during our complete stay ( 2 days), room was more or less ok, blankets were not clean but reallllly smelly, Young Staff guy sleeps at night on a couch in breakfast and Reception area, and also strange people hanging around there doing obviously nothing but smoking cigarettes The lobby has no Windows, having breakfast in this smoky room was really disgusting Note: There are two elder men working at the reception who are really nice and helpful - a positive exception

• 10th Nov 2013