Fat Cat Travellers Community Reviews

2A Sherrybrooke Place, Auckland, New Zealand

It's hard to evaluate this backpackers because it is very different than usual backpackers. It uses plenty of ecological alternatives to save power and reduce pollution. For instance, you can cycle to spin your laundry machine, use water heated by compost, use dry toilets, and so on. So you won't have the comfort you have in others backpackers, but you will forget about it because you'll have so much fun there ! The free Wi-fi, breakfast and dinner are good assets too. One of the best in NZ.

Thaaaaankyou!!! we love that you loved this place!! yes. ecological is what we value, and have lots of fun with inventing mnay great projects! food ans a big shared meal at the end of the day are just as wonderful for us as for our guests :) :) have a wonderful trip and enjoy beautiful NZ!!! :) :)

It wasn't too bad, fairly expensive to get to via public transport. Everyone was nice but it was pretty crowded. We were expecting some nice areas to go for walks as it is quite far out but there is no where very nice to walk around. Dinner and breakfast provided was really nice. Overall it was fine but very different from a usual hostel, not sure that I'd recommend it

Hi! glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and really liked the food! Yes, we love that we are very different from a usual hostel! Starting with a cup of tea and introducing everyone by name , unfortunately is not usual in hostels today :( but its still usual here! A shame you missed out on all the great walks!!!! We are 15 minutes walk from Auckland largest national park!! from there you can hike for up to five days in NZ's wonderful bush and forest. Great, enjoy your holiday!!

Super place, I would like to come back there for sure although it's a little bit far away from the city center..

• 28th Oct 2015

Thanks!!! Thanks for your great review!! We would love to have you back also :) :) Thanks for staying with us, it was great to have you :) :) yes, we love that we are 30 minutes form the city center, we don't like the concrete jungle!! we prefer the peace and quiet and that we can ride a bicycle and in 15 minutes be in the farms and the forest :) :) have a wonderful trip in NZ :) :)

I truly feel hard pressed to find another hostel with such amazing people and vibes as this one. I would absolutely love to stay here again next time I'm staying in the area

• 19th Sep 2015

:) :) :) :)

Best Hostel I've stayed at! Perfect for solo travelers and people traveling with companions. The people are so warm and welcoming. Beds are so comfortable, lots of space to relax. It has a very laid back atmosphere I will definitely be staying here again. I miss it already. It's in a great location to get to places off the beaten path if you have a car or wanna try hitch-hiking, locals are very friendly!

Vegan food, awesome atmosphere, free chickens running around outside, I just loved it. It's cosy and made with love and it's more like a big friendly community than like a typical hostel.

Excellent hostel, one of the best I ever have in life. People there are super amazing. If you would love to meet some good friends , this is the place ! Thanks every Fatcat backpackers for making my trip super awesome !