Fat Cod Backpackers Reviews

9 Auckland Street, Picton, New Zealand

We have to pay for a lockers! You put a coin but every time you open the locker it costs so they should tell that because if i knew i wouldnt put my coin!

This waa a great hostel. Close to the drop off point with busses and just a couple minutes from the wharf. Very nice and helpfull staff snd plenty facilities when you're bored. Definitely a recommendation when in town

Only had a quick over night stay here but looks like a good place to chill and meet people. Good layout with dining and tv lounge on top. Very helpful lad on the reception when a large group of us arrived late from the ferry crossing! Room of 8 only have 2 plug sockets, not okay when most people were there just for a quick stop over! But everything else seemed okay! Free wifi a plus!

as two over 80s we were very pleased with our room for two nights before catching the Ferry - great location & Nice & Clean - thankyou - hope to see you again soon - Val & Chas x

• 5th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Nice cheep though bit tired deco!

Very helpful staff, clean, and good location.

Didn't feel secure at night and there's no lockers!

• 15th Feb 2014

The kitchen was dirty but the rest if the place was fine. I'm actually going to stay there again in my way north.

Perfect! I really enjoyed my three days in this Backpackers

Decent hostel right next to the ferry terminals so great location if your just arriving or leaving the South Island. Bed comfortable. My top bunk shared a ladder which was about 2 foot into the other top bunk so if that bed was occupied I would have ended up climbing on it's occupant but fortunately it wasn't! That's the only fault and had a good nights sleep!