Fat Cod Backpackers Reviews

9 Auckland Street, Picton, New Zealand

Very close to the ferry and accommodated for our midnight arrival. Not the place to go if your looking for something fancy but that isn't what backpackers are designed to be. A great stay for the price!

Girl at reception was very kind and give meme information where to eat. But the boy staff in the morning at the check out moment almost kicked me out of the backpackers and can't wait 5 minutes i finish to send text to my friend. He was so uncomfortable and not kind at all!

Found it a bit strange that there wasn't a power outlet in my room but very happy with everything else.

Hi, we do have power outlets in all the rooms, some of them are just in strange places. What a shame you didn't let us know we would have been happy to point it out for you. Happy travels Rachelle

Only stayed a night, but what I noted was: - It is well situated close to the Interislander ferry terminal. - It was cheap. - The wi-fi didn't work on my computer. - The showers where quite small, with not enough hooks for clothes (only one plastic hook per showers, most of them broken)

This hostel has nothing to it particularly and really needs completely overhauling and updating! There is free wifi and the location is excellent - right next to the ferry terminal and a minute from the town centre - which makes it the perfect hostel for an overnight stay in Picton if you are just looking for somewhere to sleep before you catch your ferry. Otherwise, I would say there are better hostels in Picton! This one lacks atmosphere and is a little chilly - although does supply free soup!