Fat Margaret's Reviews

Pohja puiestee 27, Tallinn, Estonia

Longer opening hours for the sauna would be nice!

• 13th Dec 2014

Tha lockers in rooms, should be more secured - it was possible to open it, even it was locked. Otherwise everything excellent.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

For very low price, absolutely close to the beautiful old-town, great staff, and perfect offers! thank you for a good night =) !

• 26th Nov 2014

I would recommend thes hostel to everyone! I had a really good time here.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

I liked the location, how it looked and where its placed BUT it was way too cold in the room! The windows were badly isolated and the radiator without function, that means no sleep, but freezing...! The rest was all great, but thats a condition in winter, sorry.

• 17th Nov 2014

This hostel was the good suprise for me: The location at the Old Town, at Kalamaja district and near Balti Jaama station and market. Everything in walking distance. Also a tram stop near. Common space was large with well equipment kitchen and TV. Showers, toilets and sauna were clean and modern. My room, ladies dorm for six, has enough space and big boxes for backpaks. Security was good.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Finland

Great value for the price

I stayed four nights here which was perhaps a bit too long to be in Tallinn, which wears you out quickly. The hostel was very warm on account of the sauna, and the basement kitchen/dining/lounge area was spacious. I also appreciated the large lockers with coat hangers! Guests were mostly couples and groups so not very sociable. The only thing I didn't enjoy was crossing the busy road to/from Old Town. Drivers in the Baltics go scary fast!

Big hostel, in general ok. Not so many showers/toilets, and also they need to be better cleaned. The beds are old and noisy. On the plus side it is quite quiet around, despite its size. All in all not so bad

Stayed in the male dorm room. Very spacious, quite, cleanm and well heated. Morning sauna was always great. Good kitchen and friendly staff. Would stay here again,

Great place, great value for money

хорошее расположение, чисто и тихо. Большая кухня с плитой, духовкой и посудой. Полотенце выдают. До 9 утра бесплатная сауна - не забудьте взять с собой купальники =)

Spacious. comfortable, a beautiful antique interior combined with efficient modern upgrades. I slept really well here, and enjoyed quiet time sitting in the kitchen and common room. Location perfect next to old town and hipster-arty area by the port, as well as near the ferry terminals and low-cost supermarket. I hope to stay there again on my next visit. I didn't use the sauna but I liked the idea that they had it.

Great hostel. Good location, just outside the old town, very close to public transit. The in house sauna was great, very friendly and fun staff, I had a great time. My only complaint was no free coffee; you have to get your coffee from a coin operated vending machine.

Would recommend this hostel. Great kitchen facilities. Table tennis, spa, sauna. The lockers and doors are super noisy, so if anyone enters your room or leaves I would wake up. Staff helpful. Just wish the spa/sauna was open in the afternoon!

friendly staff, clean room and facilities

• 8th Oct 2014

A decent location just outside the old town and near the ferry port and affordable supermarkets. Kitchen is a bit cramped and could do with some tea towels so dishes can be put away rather than left dripping over one another. Towels in the toilets would be nice too, and it's a bit inconvenient/gross that one upstairs toilet hasn't a sink. A decent hostel overall though, and I would stay there again.

Good place but we had some crazy neighbors there!

This was the second time we stayed at Fat Margaret's with my boyfriend. We really love the place and the location is perfect. The building is really old and cool and the rooms are spacious. A little bit noisy because of the main road, but for us it was not a problem at all. The only complain I have is about the sauna and pool area: it is only available for guests from 9am to 11am! It would be so perfect to go to sauna before a night out.. No idea why they want to have it this way??

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Finland

It would be great to have the sauna open longer than from 9 to 11.

« first « Prev 1 2 3