Fat Margaret's Reviews

Pohja puiestee 27, Tallinn, Estonia

Even though it's open only 2 hours in the morning, the sauna is great, as well as the ping-pong table and the free wifi. All the members of the staff were helpful and kind. I enjoyed the location and despite everyone would like more things, I have no bad words regarding this place. Thanks for everything during my stay!

very nice hostel and friendly staff! Free sauna was big plus and 24hour reception made us feel very safe and welcome. Only things not so good was balcony would of been nice place to sit and enjoy the sun but was very dirty, so maybe could wipe the chears sometimes.. also sometimes didnt get water from shower. Anyway we were happy for the stay and will be back someday!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Finland

booked 2 nights, stayed 7 in the end! Will come back next week! Must I say more, nah! Amazing place with free sauna in the morning, the coolest staff (they all seem to be artists of some kind!) and a great location. Highly recommendable. See you Monday :-)

rooms ok, but windows covered with dust that you could barely see through. if there is a construction site next to it, you should just clean them more often. the hall and upper shower was in a miserable state, the hall looked being half renovated and just left like that.

Very well located and nice hostel, big rooms, but they have to improve the common areas.

Very close to Old town, but one of the bleakest hostels I have stayed in! Very old, grey building, the common area is in the basement and didn't get a chance to see the sauna as its only open early in the morning. Basic but very good value for money, great if you're just passing through and want a warm room to sleep in.

Well located Hostel, with great kitchen and lounge. The room was nice, but a little chilly. The policy about leaving the key at the reception appears unnecessary and not really safe. Nethertheless, the Hostel is well worth a recommendation.

Very happy with the hostel

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The supply of hot water is not stable, I have to quit my bathing due to the discontinuity of it. The wifi-speed is also disappointing, I could not even watch a video in youtube. Moreover, it is bothersome to leave the key to the reception counter everytime I leave the hostel even I just wanted to buy some stuffs in the supermarket nearby and would return soon. I did not have such an experience in any hostels.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Hong Kong

Our room and bathroom was freshly renovated and kept very clean. Staff was super nice, however the way the luggage room is handled is kinda doubtful. Any stranger could come in, ask for the key and take from there whatever they wanted, since no one checks if you're a resident or not.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Stay here the second time and still like it (there are free sauna and swimpool).

Good location, comfortable beds, good kitchen)) and low price of course)) i recomend

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Russia

Staff was very friendly and the location almost unbeatable, being between the Old Town and passenger harbour. However, our room hadn't apparently been cleaned for a long while: I made the mistake of taking my shoes off and going barefoot inside the room and my foot soles got a layer of black dirt. Also, I've run across many a suspicious pillow in hostels around the world, but this was the very first time someone has put a hard sofa cushion in a pillow case and tried to pass it off as a pillow :(

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Finland

Nice place to stay! I'd go back for sure

Super clean, rooms were toasty, good location, was very quiet though, not many people in the hostel to socialise with. would recommend!

As a family (age 14 -54) we stopped at Tallin for two nights. The hostel is nice and comfortabel inside (the outside is just being done). The staff was very helpful and friendly (we needed medical aid and received best support). The hostel is very close to the famous Old Town and everything within walking distance. Unfortunately there is a busy street right in front of the hostel, so it can be quite noisy.

• 25th Dec 2013
  • Austria
  • Mixed Group, 41+

big room and nice kitchen!

This hostel is near to old city. Quite cheap but spacious and clean room (I stayed at twin-bed room).

Whilst the staff were excellent, the kitchen very clean and the room warm, the difficulty I had was getting to sleep with the overhead pipes making a loud noise and the lights from the traffic outside sweeping through the room continually - another woman in my room left next day for the same reasons. Could I recommend that you hang thick curtains which will keep the heat in & the traffice lights out. I know that in the UK people draw their thick curtains once the sun goes down. Jan Haines

• 4th Dec 2013

Considering price and location of the hostel the experience was quite good. Really close to to the old town, near the Fat Margaret tower. Unfortunately besides other hostel that I tried in the past, this one lack of atmosphere (all the people there were looking at my and my friend like intruders). In addition, in our room, a private twin room, the radiators were always off, and the room was really cold (and we were the in the end of November -24-)

• 21st Nov 2013