Fat Margaret's Reviews

Pohja puiestee 27, Tallinn, Estonia

Hostel was clean, nice and really simple. Beds were good, pillows could have been better. Street noises were quite loud, but not too disturbing. Overall a good stay.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Finland

I definitely liked the sauna and the pool the best. the hostel has a big kitchen and common room and clean facilities.

The location was really good. It was just 10 minutes walking from the old town. The staff was lovely and really helpful, specially the girl with blond short hair. Moreover, the facilities include pool and sauna, so we had a good time there. The only problem was the matress I had in my bed, a little bit unconfortable (6beds room) and the toilet in the second floor (it was not really clean), but the ones downstairs and in the basement were clean.

The free morning sauna was great. There was't really enough space in the fridge but otherwise the common kitchen was good too and dorms were clean.

Good location, very close to Old Town. The facilities were nice, especially the sauna room & pool. We had a private double which was not renovated but I am not sure about the other rooms.

The place and facilities are perfect. When I checked in, a blonde woman didn't even offer me a map, no places of interest, nothing. I had to squeeze it out of her.

I liked this hostel set in big old building and very spacious dorms with more than enough room for 6 people, one shower between potentially 12 was pushing it a bit and did have nasty odder with having no ventilation but was nice. The only thing that annoyed me was the sauna and pool closing at 12:01pm and for £20 pounds they would happily open it for two hours for you... this was definitely a fleecing exercise from them. The staffs were nice enough.

There were kids, lots of noisy kids!

The price was okay for the room. - It's very close to the city.

• 22nd May 2015

Hi, Thank you for your stay. For future guests,I have to stress out that the location of the hostel is in the center of the city. It is the Tallinn Old Town, which is 100 meters from the buiding. The central square of the old town is only 600 meters from the hostel.

Would highly recommend this hostel. Thanks again!

One of the bets hostel I've stayed at: super friendly and helpful staff, great facilities, ...Thank you guys for the great work!

Thank you so much! We are very happy to hear you had a good time with us!

Staff are nice and helpful. The kitchen and common area are clean and tidy.

really great place. I strongly recommend this hostel. We travel couple times in a year to different cities and that was one of the best hostels. please refurbish windows as it was really windy inside ;) (the drapes were moving) we were really happy because of the kitchen (well equipped), possibility to buy beer/water at the hostel and free sauna.

The washroom could have been cleaner. But the rooms were excellent, and they even had saunas and hairdryers and a huge common area.

It just wasn't terribly exceptional. The common room was nice and the staff were helpful, but it doesn't really have much else going for it. It does have a sauna, if you're into that sort of thing, and a fairly big kitchen. Other than that, there's really nothing notable in terms of facilities or comfort. However, it is located right near the entrance to Old Town and for the price I feel it was a good deal.

Very helpful staff. Nice and clean kitchen and rooms. Good place to meet interesting people.

• 14th Apr 2015

One lady in the reception looked a little bit angry and was really unhelpful. The place is a 10 min walk from the city centre. In general it is clean, but the toilets and showers could improve a little. For the price I think it is good vale for money.

Our stay in this hostel was great! everything was clean and worked well. we were positively surprised about this hostel. 4 person ensuite was nice, spacious and tidy, as well as the kitchen/common room. Would recommend this hostel for everyone!

Hostel was very cheap and in a good location, only 10 minutes walk to Old Town ja 5 minutes from a harbor. It wasnt that clean and light that in the photos. Accually it was too shabby for my taiste. Our room (privat twin) was ok but it was so loud there that it was hard to sleep. The Hostel located next to a big road and also there was so many people getting from a Bar in the middle of night. So if you want to get a goodnightsleep I dont recoment that Hostel. Other wise it was ok!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Finland

Thank you for your review! We are glad you decided to stay at Fat Margaret's and we are very sorry to hear you had trouble sleeping. We are constantly trying to improve the hostel and make it more comfortable and enjoyable for our guests. However, we would like to mention for future guests that the Old Town is just across the street - 100 m from our building, and it takes about 10 minutes to walk to the very centre of the Old Town.

Good location, but you do have to cross a pretty big street with many crosswalks to get to the Old Town of Tallinn. It wasn't dangerous, just a little bit annoying. The room was clean and there was a large common area and kitchen, which was great for eating dinner/breakfast there when we didn't go out.