Fat Margaret's Reviews

Pohja puiestee 27, Tallinn, Estonia

We loved it! The staff at the front desk gave us the best restaurant recommendations and were very nice and helpful. Also, the location was perfect!

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Colombia

Booked due to the proximity with the ferry port, perfect for a night before an early departure by boat. Lockers in bedroom, very important! Well done, guys!

Location was great for exploring both the old town and Kalamaja area, and the centre wasn't far either. Price was fine, when you compare it to the hostels in Central Europe, and what you would get with the same money in, say Paris. But there was nothing very special about this place though, except the morning sauna option. There were the classic hostel problems: No sound proofing, which resulted in that both traffic and neighbours were loud, and the reception didn't sell earplugs.

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Finland

I spent one night on the Fat Margaret Hostel. It very nice. I enjoyed big kitechen with huge living room. The atmosthere was very friendly. Room was tidy. There were only one shower on my floor and often occupied. For me it was only one little inconvenience. For sure, I would recommend this hostel for others.

A great hostel in a beautiful city. It took me a wee while to find it once I got off bus from airport. I had a nightmare scenario with my rucksack not turning up off my flight and the staff were great about it. Gave them a number to call and they helped tremendously. Got it back early hours next day. I never got to try sauna as my shorts were with rucksack but it looked braw. Good open common room,lockers great,showers clean. The old town is right across the road. Enjoy!

Staff could be more welcoming. The shower room in 2nd floor where we stayed has an awful smell.

The mattresses aren't the best, they were too little for the bed. It smelled really badly in the shower on the first floor. The showers in the basement were good though. I liked the spacious rooms and the provided lockers as weel as the big kitchen and dining area. Has some flaws but all in all a good hostel. I would go there again.

We appreciated our stay, the room was clean and comfortable. The receptionists aren't so polite when a person asks some information. I suggest to add tools in the common kitchen. Rgards Ester

• 31st Dec 2015

The biggest minus of the hostel is the staff. Although they are polite that is only positive quality they possess (as well as ability to speak English). The WCs and showers could be cleaner. However, the location and atmosphere is perfect for people who desires a quite vacation.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Latvia

very nice helpful staff. the location is easily reachable from the bus station and close to the port and old town. it's cozy a little bit next to the whole rumble but really not far. unfortunately it is almost impossible to use the sauna and spa because it's only open in the morning when everyone is sleeping : )

Great stay thanks

Great facility but we didn't find the staff very friendly.

Staff (Alan and others...) was simply great! I got loads of helpful information - about cafes, hangouts, museums from them. Had interesting conversations with them. Stayed in a double room ensuite, with window to the street. Pretty good with comfortable bed and clean bathroom. Great value for money. Right on the edge of oldtown, one can just skip twice to enter the lovely old town. Sauna with Jacuzzi is a real add-on!

The hostel is located next to the Old Town and just 10-15 minutes walk from the ferry harbour. The rooms were clean and big enough. There are plenty of showers downstairs and a kitchen and sauna. Each floor is equipped with a computer. Wifi is available in the whole hostel. All in all I was satisfied with the hostel, staff was averagely nice, could have been worse. ;)

EXCELLENT !!!

• 8th Dec 2015
  • Lithuania

Great Sauna!! Love it.

I spent 3 nights in a female dormitory . Quite clean. Friendly staff. Wifi is everywhere. There is a free luggage room. Perfect location - the hostel is 5 minutes walk from the Town Hall square and ten minutes from the central station. It's not very comfortable that all the showers are on the ground floor. No free tee or coffee which is common for many hostels. And central heating wasn't working for the last 2 days both in the dormitory and in the common area. Not very nice for December.

We had twin room, it was fine :) And sauna was good.

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Finland

Bit of a strange atmosphere, but a good hostel. Seems to be frequented more by long stayers than backpackers, or maybe that's just the crowd we got. Staff were helpful, but not overly friendly. Rooms were excellent as were the facilities.

« first « Prev 1 2 3