Fata Morgana Reviews

La Ceiba, near the Casino, Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic

Great place to stay on a budget. It's not in the best area, but walkable to Playa Bonita which is nice. The room was comfortable, but buggy (Mosquitos)!! The owner was very nice and extremely helpful.

• 5th Jun 2014

I LOVE this place. The burros and the dogs made it even more special. The host was very helpful and nice. Definetly a bang for ur buck :)

• 6th May 2014

Upon arrival there was no staff to check us in (We arrived at 3 pm - as previously indicated during the booking process). We had to wait and call the owner who said she would arrive 1 hour later but didn't. There was also no place to store our luggage. We ended up finding other accommodations Edit (the owner) was rude and when confronted about the situation refused to refund the USD $9-$10 I paid for the booking The place is complicated to find and once there, the atmosphere was a bit dense.

• 3rd May 2014

The booking was made the evening before arrival and in the morning I did not see it because there was no internet.My son arrived half an hour after the gentleman called and I tried to call him in that half and hour to tell him my son was on his way.I was not rude,I apologized to him for the inconvenience.I assume he was there no more than 10 minutes but managed to see that the atmosphere was dense.

Great place to stay a few days in a very calm and cheap place in paradise. I choose 100 times this one than the big resorts without personality.

Very peaceful place. And the owner is really kind and can give u advices for ur trip in samana. There is a kitchen too. A good adress!

• 24th Mar 2014

Fata Morgana is more than a hostel, the bungalow I stayed in had a bedrom, a bathroom with a little wardrobe and a patio with an hammock and rocking chair. The host Edit is very nice and has rescued through the years 2 donkeys, Flora y Paco and local streets dogs that are happy as her guests :) The bungalows are surrounded by a green garden and the atmosphere is relaxing...if you like adventures and crazy nights this can be a lovely break before you head to your next party destination.

GRACIAS Fata Morgana for the relaxed ambience and beautiful setting. :)

• 31st Jan 2014

When I arrived at Fata Morgana. I was relieved. The large garden with cute little cottage-style rooms was just what I needed after my time in the city of Santo Domingo. The owner and her son are so lovely and are always happy to help with whatever you need. We had a delicious BBQ on the first night which was a great way to get to know everybody (this is not available every night, perhaps once a week?). A short walk to beaches and a short moto ride to town, it has a nice quiet location too.