• Via Grossetana 260, San Rocco a Pilli Sovicille, Siena, Italy
Superb 396 Total Reviews
Superb 396 Total Reviews
Fattoria di Cavaglioni Located at Via Grossetana 260, San Rocco a Pilli Sovicille, Siena.
Italy
Siena 53018 Via Grossetana 260, San Rocco a Pilli Sovicille
100% 396
43.2546427 11.2835597
    Rooms available

24th Oct 2015

Anything I say will have already been said! I absolutely loved this place; I stayed near the end of the season, so I was the only one in the entire house. Except two nights, where I was adopted into these peoples adventures. It's been an amazing stay. It was exactly what I had hoped for: historical, quite, breath taking views of Tuscany and a usuable kitchen! I can not wait to come back again and hear more of Annamaria's stories. Thank you so much!! Also, I absolutely loved Oscar :)

7th Oct 2015

I had a great stay here. Gorgeous grounds. In San Rocco. Which is a quaint little town with everything you need. The ladies here were very sweet and helpful. When I arrived I was actually the only person staying in the house which was a little spooky but I got over it. Big house but very safe. I would love to come back here.

27th Sep 2015

Such a beautiful family run estate! It is located in a lovely little village close to Sienna and other Tuscan areas of interest. The grounds are beautiful. The best part by far was the lovely woman running the property!! So wonderful and helpful. They also sell their family's wine for a very reasonable price and it is delicious!

• vtyborum
  • South Korea, Female, 18-24
17th Sep 2015

I had such a great time! I was worried about the bus but it was OK. You can enjoy here without car. Don't worry! But I have to say, it's kind of confusing when you get there at first. (I mean in San Rocco and also in Siena) But believe me, you're gonna be OK. As you expect, the view was lovely and fantastic even from the window in your room. In fact, you can see the "postcard" in 5 minutes walking. (Turn left!!! the opposite of the bus stop) I highly recommend it! :-) Grazie mille!

• Israel, Female, 18-24
11th Sep 2015

Wonderful place set in beautiful scenery and amazing surrounding. The hostel managers are incredibly sweet and helpful. The back yard of the hostel is gorgeous (and has a pool) and the breakfast is great. The building itself is very unique. Definitely recommended!

• USA, Female, 25-30
9th Sep 2015

This place was amazing! The family was so helpful, warm and friendly. You could even purchase wine from the Vineyards to take up to your room. The view was incredible and we had so much fun exploring the surrounding grounds. The town of San Rocco a pilli was fun to explore and sienna was only a 20 minute bus ride. The family even arranged a wine tour for us. Our only regret was we didn't stay longer and can't wait until we come again! Thanks so much for the great stay!

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
19th Aug 2015
8.0

Fattoria di Cavaglioni is a magical place, You are in a big old house with lots of rooms and a faboulous kitchen en really nice swimming pool. You can get here by bus, but don't check in or out on a Sunday if you don't own a car because there is a poor connexion then. But it is a perfect day to room around by bike ( you can rent here) trough the valley or relax at the pool with most awesome view ever. There a not many place I wish I could live but this place and amazing old mansion is!

• dawiec5270
  • England, Couple, 25-30
18th Aug 2015

It was beautiful, stunning stay. You go there knowing its a rural location, you go for the views and the peace. The staff are friendly, the wine was cheap. Everything was delivered as promised. Watch out for mozzies in summer as in all of Italy. Wear repellent.

• China, Female, 18-24
11th Aug 2015

Great place with extremely stunning views! It is okay to take the bus to Siena and it is quite easy to find the hotel. The staff there were so kind and helpful, I would definitely want to come back!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
7th Aug 2015

Great place for couples or families but not a budget place gor backpackerz. Pros: great cheap wine and a few cool activities (expensive though). Great staff who go the extra mile. Very relaxing. Pool and table tennis fscilities are nice, morning breakfast is excellent. Plenty of space to read a book in comfort. Cons: WiFi decent but doesn't work in some of the rooms. Terrible shower, power outlets not in the rooms. No air con and during the summer it is very hot. Overall, a nice place.