Fattoria di Cavaglioni Reviews

Via Grossetana 260, San Rocco a Pilli Sovicille, Siena, Italy

Anything I say will have already been said! I absolutely loved this place; I stayed near the end of the season, so I was the only one in the entire house. Except two nights, where I was adopted into these peoples adventures. It's been an amazing stay. It was exactly what I had hoped for: historical, quite, breath taking views of Tuscany and a usuable kitchen! I can not wait to come back again and hear more of Annamaria's stories. Thank you so much!! Also, I absolutely loved Oscar :)

I had a great stay here. Gorgeous grounds. In San Rocco. Which is a quaint little town with everything you need. The ladies here were very sweet and helpful. When I arrived I was actually the only person staying in the house which was a little spooky but I got over it. Big house but very safe. I would love to come back here.

Such a beautiful family run estate! It is located in a lovely little village close to Sienna and other Tuscan areas of interest. The grounds are beautiful. The best part by far was the lovely woman running the property!! So wonderful and helpful. They also sell their family's wine for a very reasonable price and it is delicious!

I had such a great time! I was worried about the bus but it was OK. You can enjoy here without car. Don't worry! But I have to say, it's kind of confusing when you get there at first. (I mean in San Rocco and also in Siena) But believe me, you're gonna be OK. As you expect, the view was lovely and fantastic even from the window in your room. In fact, you can see the "postcard" in 5 minutes walking. (Turn left!!! the opposite of the bus stop) I highly recommend it! :-) Grazie mille!

• 17th Sep 2015
  • vtyborum
  • South Korea

Wonderful place set in beautiful scenery and amazing surrounding. The hostel managers are incredibly sweet and helpful. The back yard of the hostel is gorgeous (and has a pool) and the breakfast is great. The building itself is very unique. Definitely recommended!

This place was amazing! The family was so helpful, warm and friendly. You could even purchase wine from the Vineyards to take up to your room. The view was incredible and we had so much fun exploring the surrounding grounds. The town of San Rocco a pilli was fun to explore and sienna was only a 20 minute bus ride. The family even arranged a wine tour for us. Our only regret was we didn't stay longer and can't wait until we come again! Thanks so much for the great stay!

• 9th Sep 2015

Fattoria di Cavaglioni is a magical place, You are in a big old house with lots of rooms and a faboulous kitchen en really nice swimming pool. You can get here by bus, but don't check in or out on a Sunday if you don't own a car because there is a poor connexion then. But it is a perfect day to room around by bike ( you can rent here) trough the valley or relax at the pool with most awesome view ever. There a not many place I wish I could live but this place and amazing old mansion is!

It was beautiful, stunning stay. You go there knowing its a rural location, you go for the views and the peace. The staff are friendly, the wine was cheap. Everything was delivered as promised. Watch out for mozzies in summer as in all of Italy. Wear repellent.

Great place with extremely stunning views! It is okay to take the bus to Siena and it is quite easy to find the hotel. The staff there were so kind and helpful, I would definitely want to come back!

Great place for couples or families but not a budget place gor backpackerz. Pros: great cheap wine and a few cool activities (expensive though). Great staff who go the extra mile. Very relaxing. Pool and table tennis fscilities are nice, morning breakfast is excellent. Plenty of space to read a book in comfort. Cons: WiFi decent but doesn't work in some of the rooms. Terrible shower, power outlets not in the rooms. No air con and during the summer it is very hot. Overall, a nice place.

The Fattoria di Cavaglioni is the perfect place to stay if you want a relaxed and typical tuscan atmosphere, located in the middle of the countryside. The house is absolutely beautiful, with terracotta floors, antique furniture and lovely deatils. You can use two living rooms and a kitchen. There is a huge garden, a nice pool and many places to relax. The owners are very nice and helpful!

Amazing location and view-perfect place for enjoying the real Tuscany! The owners are also extremely friendly and made everything to make our stay pleasant. Breakfast was very tasty and afterwards we were relaxing at the pool, looking at the lovely landscape. The nearby village is offering all needed services- shops, restaurants, ice cream places and a pharmacy. I would highly recommend this place to all travelers who want to visit Tuscany also because it is a good spot for making one-day trips.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Poland

We loved our stay here! It is an amazing place to relax and enjoy the beautiful view of Tuscany. The room was clean and spacius, and we cooked dinner in the lovely kitchen and ate at the balcony while enjoying the breathtaking view. The pool and the ping-pong table was great and the breakfast was nice. The owners and the rest of the staff was really helpful and sweet. The small village 5 minutes away offers restaurants, ice-cream, a pharmacy and a supermarket.

Heaven! If you're looking for your typical Tuscany scenery and feel, this is the place for you. We stayed 5 nights in this B&B and were very comfortable. The breakfast was great! The rooms were very clean and up-kept. The owners and staff were very welcoming and helpful. Having a pool is perfect with the hot temperature. It is easy to find, and an easy commute to Sienna (25 minutes bus ride). Our suggestion for food, is to go grocery shopping and use the kitchen! We can't wait to go back!

Our stay was perfect!! Just what we were after, a nice quiet relaxing couple of days in the beautiful countryside. We didn't have a car but found it very easy from the instructions provided to get to from Siena. The house is incredible, so massive. Bernice the host was so helpful and lovely. Rooms were spacious and clean. There are good kitchen facilities available to if you like to self cater. Would definitely recommend!!! Hopefully will get to return soon.

It was so cute!! And the wine was local and very very good. The woman is so sweet too! She arranged a cheap taxi for us into Siena and we were in a hurry in the morning so she cut us up some fruit to take with us before breakfast even started. Very nice people. Very safe and gorgeous location to boot.

• 12th Jun 2015

AMAZING!! You are greeted by the cutest Italian woman who makes a free breakfast in the morning! Quaint little farmhouse with the most BREATH TAKING view! It is just like a Tuscan movie! The staff will help you plan an excursion and there is an option to be picked up right from the farm! Otherwise, it is about a 20min bus ride to Sienna. Rooms were rustic and adorable. Will go back!!!!

This place is incredible. A beautiful villa located in the middle of Tuscany with plenty of facilities, a big garden, pool, etc. the staff really makes you feel at home and the atmosphere there is quite relaxing. Would really recommend it and would definitely return!

We both loved our stay here. You definitely need a car in this area, and parking is not a problem. The bus to Siena is regular and stops almost outside the door. I would recommend this accomodation if you want a nice quiet stay in the countryside.

• 12th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The place is very nice and extremely clean, the breakfast is included , nice! however, this is not a place for people traveling alone, you will be on your own in this place, there is not really any staff, as the "staff" are the owners, they are never in the reception, so do your research on whatever you want to know about the place before you get there, also, there is no internet connection in the rooms and no outlets for electricity (in the rooms, that is, there are a few in the common areas).

Hi Yadira,we had so many people traveling alone here that had the greatest time and fun,obviously it depends from many factors,is not just about us.Even though we manage 2 farms we are always at disposition of our guests,we give advices,we book you in tours and activities & are always open for a chat.If we are not in the office (there is no 24h reception)you just have to ring the bell,call us,or text us.Internet is in common kitchen,in the sitting room, on the terrace, garden,4 bedrooms&breakfas

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7