Favela Chic Hostel Reviews

Rua Major Raul de Mattos, 78, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Very nice manager, authentic design, cool bar and good breakfast!

Awesome wee hostel with heaps of character, great caiparinas! Great people!

• 17th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Basic, but nice place to stay. Great location if you want to go to the waterfalls.

I was really excited about staying at this hostel after reading descriptions on Hostel World and in the Lonely Planet which stated a hot cooked English breakfast would be avilable, this was not the case and the breakfast which was provided was of a low standard wwith very limited choice. Unfortunately the owner was not present T the time we were staying and the man who was covering was rather rude and unpleasant.

Everything seems nice in the hostel, common places are great and people working there too. But the room was dirty, and there were worms in the beds... Definitely not clean. No way I would go back there.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Spain

It is difficult to understand the comment about dirt. This guest was here when we were not busy and we have a full time cleaning lady, so I am most disappointed with this comment, as I believe that our cleaning lady does an excellent job. As for worms, there has from time to time been an issue with the wood beams in the ceiling and we treat them whenever we need to. I was not aware of this issue coming back again, so we have now re-treated the wooden beams.

Nicholas and Pablo are very helpful people.

View all Foz do Iguacu Hostels