Favela Chic Hostel Reviews

Rua Major Raul de Mattos, 78, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Awesome wee hostel with heaps of character, great caiparinas! Great people!

• 17th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Basic, but nice place to stay. Great location if you want to go to the waterfalls.

I was really excited about staying at this hostel after reading descriptions on Hostel World and in the Lonely Planet which stated a hot cooked English breakfast would be avilable, this was not the case and the breakfast which was provided was of a low standard wwith very limited choice. Unfortunately the owner was not present T the time we were staying and the man who was covering was rather rude and unpleasant.

Everything seems nice in the hostel, common places are great and people working there too. But the room was dirty, and there were worms in the beds... Definitely not clean. No way I would go back there.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Spain

It is difficult to understand the comment about dirt. This guest was here when we were not busy and we have a full time cleaning lady, so I am most disappointed with this comment, as I believe that our cleaning lady does an excellent job. As for worms, there has from time to time been an issue with the wood beams in the ceiling and we treat them whenever we need to. I was not aware of this issue coming back again, so we have now re-treated the wooden beams.

Nicholas and Pablo are very helpful people.

Pleasant hostel with ramshackle decor. Nice open spaces to relax in. Very close to bus to falls. Staff really helpful and informative. Was quiet when I stayed but I don't think there would be enough bathrooms if it was full.

The hostel is beautifully decorated. The common areas are nice and confortable. There are 2 big rooms and 2 small ones. There is no bathroom in the one we stayed and no WiFi signal neither. The place is very well located but there is not much to see besides the waterfalls.

Great chilled out atmosphere, Nick (the owner) has incredible knowledge of the falls and makes organising your trip - to both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides incredibly easy.

• 27th Jul 2014

Great hostel with excellent staff at a steal of a price. Highly recommended.

Upon first arrival I was greeted by a friend of the owner's who was just helping him out, but he was sick (which obviously happens). But, as a traveler, if I get sick then it makes traveling that much more difficult, so I would have preferred that he would've taken into account the people staying at the hostel. The location is perfect. It's very easy to find from the airport or bus station. Also, Nick is very helpful when it comes to booking anything.

not clean, but nice atmosphere

Cheap and cheerful , relaxed atmospshere with a very knowledgeable owner, Nicholas, who will tell you everything you need to know about making the most of the falls. We would reccommend going on a tour to the argentinian side which Nic organised. Nice bar area too :)

Had a great experience at Favela Chic. Nick was a great help in planning tours and the key sights. Convenient location for the bus to main attractions and the main bars in town.

Favela Chic is amazing. We had a number of things we wanted to do in Iguaçu and as soon as we arrived Nick, the English owner, sat us down and talked us through how to approach our visit to the falls, recommended some other things and even organised it for us. He even got our trip to the Pantanal sorted through a friend of his, an ex-guide in the Pantanal. It is close to the bus to the Falls, has a wonderful atmosphere and the staff couldn't be nicer or more knowledgable of the area. Thank you!

• 4th Jul 2014

The Hostel is located close to the center of Foz do Iguacu and a only few meters from the bus lines heading to the waterfall. You can find restaurants, supermarkets in the neighborhood so the location is perfect. Comparing to other hostels this one is really relaxed, after a tiring day it is easy to take rest and silent enough to have a good sleep.The crew did everything to feel myself comfortable. Highly recommended in price and value ratio!

Very friendly and laid back hostel, the helpful staff makes it up for the not-always-working facilities, but as they say, the hostel is calles "favela" for a reason. It's a small hostel, with a good atmosphere, a beautiful outdoors area and also the breakfast isn't bad at all. The bus to the falls stops just 1 block away and the one to Argentina just a few more blocks .

Good location, beautiful chill area, comfy beds, good wifi and the staff are lovely.... big thanks to the owner Nick (great guy) ...really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend to other backpackers!

If you care about your health you should not stay here, neighter if you do not like homeless cats in your bed and so on.

• 14th May 2014
  • Denmark

I am very sad to say that the cat that was here, Maurice, passed away last week. Maurice was very popular with the guests, and was very sick (and old) when this guest stayed here and I imagine he was trying to make himself comfortable. I had no idea that he was in this guest's bed as she did not say anything to me about it. Had she done so, of course, I would have given her new sheets and found somewhere else for Maurice to gather his strength.

we really loved the stay at the favela chic hostel. its located very good to get to the waterfalls and also to the city centre. the staff is very nice and helps you with all your questions! the atmosphere was the best! such a lovely place with all the lovely details and much fun to hang up in the evening!

Cannot say enough good things about this hostel! Great chill out area- well equipped kitchen- the most helpful staff in South America- close to a grocery store and a bus stop that gets you everywhere. Arranged onward travel and super accommodating in late check outs. I don't know why anybody would stay elsewhere! Thanks nick and Pablo!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7