Favela Chic Hostel Reviews

Rua Major Raul de Mattos, 78, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Our stay in Favela Chic was awesome. We were warmly welcomed by Nik the hostel owner who got straight into giving us all the info we could possibly need about the area and the falls as well as crossing into Argentina. The rooms were clean and spacious. The chill out area and hostel in general were a great place to come back to after lots of walking around the falls. Best of all was Nik's delicious Hungarian goulash evening meal! We were defeated after thirds! Get yourself there!

This really is like a favela - chipboard walls and a corrugated metal roof! We were in a private room which was outside from the main hostel building - there was no lock on the door and no AC. Staff were friendly and helped us with arranging a taxi to cross over the border into Argentina.

plus: great atmoshphere, great staff, kitchen is reasonable equipped, breakfast is fine, nice common area. minus: it rained on my bed, there is only one bathroom for about twenty people so we had to wait forever in the morning and it is outside the building so you get wet if its raining and its dark at night.

We do everything we can to repair the roof when there are problems during torrential rainfalls. Unfortunately the workmanship in Brazil leaves a lot to be desired, but we are constantly striving to improve this. I am embarrassed that this guest had rainfall on her bed. Our cheap dormitory does only have one bathroom available. It is very basic and is designed for travellers on a tight budget. There are 2 bathrooms available in the more expensive dormitory which also has air conditioning.

very friendly staff, great atmosphere and good and cheap caipirinhas!

• 13th Jan 2014
  • Belgium

Absolutely loved my stay at Favela Chic. It's a great little hostel with a hippy vibe. Love the swimming pool and hammocks. The smaller dorm has no air con or fan and it's very squishy, I'd recommend going for the larger dorm. Staff were super helpful and friendly.

• 25th Nov 2013

All of the favela, with none of the chic. Very disappointing, two many beds too few facilities most of which require people to walk through the main dorm. The air con was unable to cool the room down, hence it was like trying to sleep in an oven. No where to put your stuff. Really badly organised. If your organising a tour in the Argentinian side, book it elsewhere, or better still just take the local buses. In summary stay somewhere else, to avoid the disappointment.

Nice place. Great wi-fi, pretty good breakfast, nice bar and outdoor area. Close to supermarket and easy to get to bus heading to the Iguazufalls. Helpful staff aswell, we liked it!

One of the staff, who's name I didn't get, was really helpful and friendly - he even booked my bus ticket for me and any questions I had he was happy to answer. Without him my stay would have been awful. But overall the hostel is shabby. The beds are tiny, and although I booked an 8 bed, I was put in a 13 as the 8 dorm was unavaliable (probably something they should say on the site). Someone then stole my bed while I as out and the staff were completely unhelpful in sorting it out.

Excellent place, I totally recommend it!!!

• 27th Sep 2013
  • Argentina

Nice Hostel!

We loved this hostel- especially the decor! Our score isn't perfect simply because we were there on the coldest days of the year by far (around 5-8 degrees!!) and the hostel is very outdoorsy! During warmer times it would be awesome. The staff were helpful, the rooms were clean and it was great value. There is also an outdoor bar and TV area which unfortunately we couldn't use.

A beautiful hostel, but better to stay there in the summer to enjoy the outside facilities. Favela chic was very cold and difficult to find a warm shower. However staff are friendly and helpful and recommended a really good restaurant around the corner.

• 13th Aug 2013

Unfortunately just about every house in Foz is cold during the cold weather, because it is only cold here for a very few days during the year. Air conditioning is far more useful! Of course we go out of our way to provide as many warm blankets as people need during cold spells. Unfortunately this is to a very large extent a city wide issue.

Favela chic - by far the most beautiful hostel I've ever stayed at! The location is fantastic, only a short bus ride to the waterfalls. There is a supermarket very close and lots of little bars and places to eat near by. Nick and Eddie were so friendly and helpful during my stay which is always appreciated! Absolutely nothing to complain about, hope to come back soon!

The best hostel we stayed at in Brazil. Nick was incredibly passionate about the falls and was extraordinarily helpful. The hostel was beautiful, very relaxed atmosphere and the facilities were great. Eddie the cook/bar man was brilliant too. Couldn't recommend highly enough!

Really nice atmosphere, everything is possible and if you need any help, the staff is there for you!

Very cool place, we thank you all for everything! Please continue as clean, organized, socialble, decorated, happy as we found. Sucesso!!!

It was great to stay in Favela Chic, Nick is really cool and helps you out with all you need to make the best out of your time in Foz de iguazu. It´s really well located to visit both iguazu parks (brasil and argentina), and they are pretty close to all services you may need during your stay, such a supermarkets, etc... The best is the have some locals coming every now and then to the bar and barbaqueu and they love to play music and meet new people. Just bring earplugs if you´re a early sleeper

This is a friendly hostel with friendly staff that has always been happy to help and recommend things to do in Foz Do Iguacu . The dorms thought all share just 2 bathrooms and the kitchen area is always crowded and not very clean. Showers did not work properly while I was there and there are no lockers or cupboards in the dorms

The bathroom is always without soap to wash hands. The hot water is not available all the time.

The place had a great atmosphere and awesome staff. Best of all was the breakfast. After 2 months in Brazil, I can say with confidence that it was the best breakfast I have had. The hotel´s tour arrangement for the Falls was great as well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7