8.8
Fabulous 593 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 593 Total Reviews
Fawlty Towers Located at 216s Musi o Tunya Road, , Livingstone.
Zambia
Livingstone 216s Musi o Tunya Road
88% 593
-17.8542092 25.8552289
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 41+
1st Aug 2016
7.7

The accomodation was good and the FT was ideally located. But I found the staff unfriendly. No welcome greeting and to busy to acknowledge you. My girlfriend and I then went to stay at the Zig Zag lodge, which has similar accomodation. Thestaff and owner could not do to much for you. A welcome greeting from everyone and the food was excellent. I would therefore say that the Zig Zag for us was a better place to stay.

1st Aug 2016

Excellent place. Nice environment, friendly staff. I highly recommend it

• USA, Male, 25-30
31st Jul 2016

Absolutely fantastic place. Sounds cliche but it couldn't have been any better. Staff was great and super friendly.

• Kenya, Female, 31-40
29th Jul 2016

Location is very good, friendly staff at the front desk. Rooms could be improved by installing moquitoes nets on the windows. There were too many mosquitoes although net is available and spray still with the net it will be much improved. Internet should reach rooms as some of us still have to work even when on holidays. TV important especially for following news. Otherwise everything else was good. I would stay there again.

• England, Couple, 41+
12th Jul 2016

Fawlty Towers offers a relatiVely low cost haven in the centre of LIvingstone and creates a uniquely friendly atmosphere . We are regular visitors

Thanks for the super feedback. We really appreciate it! With best wishes, Elissa

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2016

Really great place to stay with lots of activities and option of things to do. Cute rooms with lots of hang out places. However laundry is very expensive here at 10$ a bag.

Thanks for your fabulous feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately, we have to charge that much for laundry as it usually entails running a whole industrial machine and an industrial tumble dryer for just one person's washing. Thanks for taking time to review us, we are delighted with your feedback. With best wishes, Elissa

• USA, Male, 31-40
1st Jul 2016
4.6

For breakfast You have to go upstairs to see what they have, then go back to reception, wait in line and pay for your meal. If you don't have exact change, the person at reception has to go find change for you, then you get a ticket...then take it to the the kitchen...again you have to wait in line for her to cook it and finally you eat. The receptionist is completely rude and doesn't know anything about excursions where anything is located or anything else about the town and has a bad attitude

Hi there. Thank you very much for your review here and on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear we did not meet your standards. You will see most of our reviews here and on TripAdvisor are very good. We received a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor this year and last year won the Hostelworld Best Hostel in Zambia award, plus a Certificate of Excellence the year before that. Thank you for the constructive criticism regarding our food ordering system. Yes, we agree that the system of ordering & paying at the bar (the menu is at the bar) and then taking your voucher upstairs, is not ideal and so this is a system that is already undergoing change. You may have seen that we have a bar counter outside by our swimming pool, with a gas stove and fridge still wrapped up in plastic covering. This is to be our new outdoor kitchen and will eliminate the need for the walk to our cook's kitchen upstairs. But as we have to import all equipment, these things take time and we are currently waiting for a lorry with the next load of kitchen items. I have spoken to both my reception ladies about your complaints. They both remember you and thought you were very nice and don't remember having a negative incident with you. Ernestine said she booked several activities for you and each booking went ahead with out issue. Both my reception ladies have worked here a long time and are extremely knowledgeable about excursions/activities. I wonder if you perhaps spoke with a housekeeping lady at some point who may have stepped in for a while to cover for my reception staff. Our housekeepers are not equipped with knowledge about activities. Either way, I have spoken with our staff. Thank you for giving our security a good rating and atmosphere and location a reasonable rating. We appreciate those positives. Thanks for taking time to review us. I have taken note of your comments. With best wishes, Elissa

25th Jun 2016
7.7

Good as any here I am sure though a bit lax on cleaning

Thanks for your review and for good ratings in most categories. I am sorry you found us to be a bit lax on the cleaning. We have been a bit short staffed with housekeepers recently as we had a couple of ladies who were off sick at the same time. We are back to a full force and I will see to it that we get back to our usual high standards. With best wishes, Elissa - Lodge Manager.

• Hong Kong, Couple, 31-40
18th Jun 2016

My number one choice in Livingstone

We love you! Thank you!

18th Jun 2016
4.0

Frenly staff. Lots of activities

Thanks very much for your review. We are glad you found our staff friendly and were happy with the abundance of activities. With best wishes, Elissa - Lodge Manager.