Feel At Home Backpackers Reviews

218 Charkrapong Street, Turnbon Talardyord, Pranajorn District, Bangkok, Thailand

We booked 3 beds in a 6 bed female dorm. When we arrived the woman gave us 2 keys for the female dorm and one key for the 12 bed mixed dorm. This was completely unacceptable and she was very stubborn with us. Also the key she gave did not match the locker under my bed, making it unusable. Additionally, their post on hostelworld says breakfast is included, however when you arrive at the hostel there is a sign saying hostelworld is wrong and breakfast is NOT included. Rude & unprofessional staff.

Extremely Sorry for the inconvenience to you Madam due to the appointment of new staff member. Due to this reason she already loss her job. I assure you nothing will go wrong in future. If you are coming next time, please do email us; I will make special package for you. Regards!

The property has claimed to give breakfast but when asked about it The staff had tried to tell us it's extra charge and also there are several charges that are written in The small comments after you book but are not mentioned prior to booking The room was over bookd and two girls ended up sleeping in the same bed

The breakfast time is 8.30 am to 11 am. So why you need to ask; if it is in your booking you are welcome to have it. Why to complain like this? Which charges you are talking about, please email me. Everything is clearly mentioned in HW and other online booking sites.

Good hostel! Rohit and all the staff were really kind! good location. Recommended!

• 6th May 2015

the staff were lovely and very friendly and helpful, thoroughly enjoyed my stay and a good location as only 5 minutes from khao san road

Sheets where dirty and where annoyed when we asked them to change them.. Wifi doesn't reach the dorm. Section 9 of the t&c's states there an extra 30 baht service charge for wifi and stuff even! So overall for the same amount there are a lot better places to stay!

Dear Guest, we always clean, our sheets etc as and when the guest checks out. And still if you don't feel that the sheets are not clean, etc., we will never mind to change it for you as guest satisfaction is our first priority. My apologies that there is some miscommunication and you understand differently. THB 30 is for taking a shower after your checkout so there is nothing wrong in that. Please understand everything costs and we have to pay. We need your understanding and cooperation. RGDS.

This whole hostel smelled like cat pee for some reason. Good location but I'm glad I only stayed one night.

It's really strange. For the last 4 years we never have any such complaint. After reading your review, we asked maximum all our guests about the same and none of them said like this. Still taking your individual complaint seriously, I will try to be more careful in the future and will try that other then the nice smell no other smell can be experienced by my respected guests. :) Regards!

The hostel is great for its location not far from the night life and good for a cheap nights stay you pay for what you get! The only thing that bugged me was when I tried to use the computer the keyboard didn't work so I had to just use my phone on the wifi when I wanted the Internet which isn't too much of an issue but it drains my battery down quicker than if I didn't have to

First, thanks for your stay... But don't mind sometimes I feel that I am entertaining the kids not the mature guests who are complaining so little stuff which can be solved in a second. Anyways, we came to know that one guest just for his own easiness he changed it into german keyboard. We already solved this once another guest told us about this. :) Thanks again for your stay and have a great holidays further.

Would highly recommend this hostel

I will stay again if I go to Bangkok! Really close to Khao San but without all the noise from the bars and clubs. Location is one of the best things. The area is touristic so it's very safe (even at night). It's always full of people. The door is always open with someone on the reception willing to help. Everything is clean enough and the dorms are big. You can lock your bag under the bed. Great value for the money!

The worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The place was filthy and the beds on the fourth floor were not even equipped with mattresses. It was like sleeping on a wood plank. The air conditioner leaked all night and left a huge puddle across the dorm. I paid for two nights but left after my first night. I didn't care about not getting a refund at that point. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• 16th Mar 2015

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to some problem in the aircon and due to the mattress size on 4th floor. The aircon water pipe was blocked, already fixed. You should tell us this reason Sir so that we can change your room. We are changing the mattresses on this floor very soon. Other rooms are equipped with 6 inch to 8 inch mattresses. Hot and cold water on every floor. 24 hrs reception. Free wifi, big lockers, small lockers, cctv, coffee/tea/food facility. Rest perfectly ok

Lovely hostel. We stayed in the female dorm and they had a massive locker under the bed which was ideal to fit your whole backpack! About 5 minutes walk to khoa Sam road which was nice because it wasn't loud at all! Really clean bathrooms and powerful shower and decent wifi throughout the hostel. Would defiantley recommend to anyone staying in bangkok

We stayed in the 6 bed female dorm for a few nights the location is pretty good to khao San road. People are lovely and wifi good.

An excellent location with very helpful staff.

Great place to stay! Just 5m to kao san road but in quiet street. Nice staff and very clean!

You can lock your backpack under your bed, thats good. atmosphere is allright. But i had higher expectations from the pics

Thanks for your stay. I am sorry that you was not satisfied according to the price paid. But being in the city center, while having all facilities like of lockers underneath your bed, then extra lockers for your valuables, 24 hrs English speaking reception, books exchange, Cable/Music system playing every time, laundry services, printing service, free int. calls, organizing tours, buses, airport drop etc.,pls suggest what we shall do to make you satisfied as it will be helpful for future guests.

The hostel is really disgusting! Toilet and common areas. i'll never recommend '

You all guys were happy as every day I asked you and your friends if there are any complaints any suggestions any problems but everything there was a smile on all of your faces and were very happy, so why complaining now ? And dear readers we receive every type of guests; I don't know what these guests are expecting but we are 100% clean and friendly and secure. Please read other reviews and judge yourself. Regards!

The owners are super nice & helpful while I was there, answering any questions about what there was to do around the area. It's close enough to Khaosan that you can walk back after a few drinks (I know I did), but far enough so the crazy doesn't reach here at night. Small common room used for watching movies & the dorm rooms are pretty standard.

Really great location, staff very helpful and chock full of useful information! Hope I get to stay there again someday!

Thanks for your stay here at Feel At Home and want to say you thanks again for spending your valuable time to give the review. We are trying to become much more better and hopefully till the end of next month our guests will get more then what they are expecting here to get. In the mean time, I wish you can have a great wonderful time in Asia. Regards!

Nice place, lovely owners, good wifi!! Beds weren't the comfiest on the 4th floor but who needs sleep anyways right?

• 15th Feb 2015

Thanks for your stay with us Sir. I am sorry that you was not comfortable because of the mattress. We are going to replace it with the new mattresses very soon so that it should be as same as of all other floors. Have a safe journey further. :)

We were dissaointed with this hostel because the images we saw in the internet did not correspond to the reality.it was dirty,smelled to cat,the door of the shower and toilet where literally facing the small staircase...for the same price or a little amount more you can find better hostels and closer to the rambutri street.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Spain

What ever the pictures are given in hostelworld.com it is clicked in our hostel only. So there is nothing wrong in pics and reality. We have no pets at all. What you are expecting in a budget hostel, we are clean, bathrooms are clean and it is totally covered properly from every where. So what is your problem in that ? We are here from the last 4 years and we have every time returning guests to Bangkok. So it means they are happy from us? I think you visiting first time to Asia so no idea. Rgds!

« first « Prev 1 2 3