Feel At Home Backpackers Reviews

218 Charkrapong Street, Turnbon Talardyord, Pranajorn District, Bangkok, Thailand

great location! Within 5-7 min walk from kho San road. Staff were very nice, especially the lady which was super helpful! The common area is quiet limited, and you'll have to walk a few minutes in order to find some place to hang out with young travelers. The dorms were decent, no AC at night (even the fan was off for some reason) so pretty hot at night. Beds are fine, though I thought I felt something crowling on me. Good size locker under beds! No wifi up in the room. Hot water in shower. TNX

• 20th Jan 2015

Thanks for your stay and review. We always switch on our AIRCON of each floor at 6 PM and in case if some guest switch off due to any reason, either you should switch on urself or contact reception. But we didn't receive any complaint for this other then you. Surprised why you never came down to let us know this. Second nothing can crawl on your body as there is nothing wrong in our backpacker; we are very careful in cleaning beds and rooms. Must be you was dreaming :) have safe further journey!

Not sure if some of the staff members knew what they were doing. Would not leave my laundry here. They forgot about it and when I finally got it back, stuff were missing. Otherwise a good place, but not big. The big lockers in the rooms were a big plus!

Thanks for the stay. Sorry your laundry was missed by chance which generally never happened due to very busy that day. And Ms. I am 100% sure there was nothing missed in the laundry as there were only 4 clothes of yours and all were there once we gave you back. You please check your bags properly. Rest have a great journey further.

Nice and cheap hostel, friendly staff and perfect location if you want the buisiness of Bangkok. Near to Khao San road where al the bars are. Nice beds and really nice that you can put your whole backpack in a locker under the bed. Only the people in the main area were most of the time on their phone so not really a place to meet other travelers.

Staff was the most polite and kind I've met so far in Thailand. Location is great, because it is near Kao San Road and there is only a walking distance from main tourist attractions, but you can still get a good night sleep. Rooms on the 4th floor don't get wifi and the matress is so thin, but they moved me to the 2nd floor after the first night. A good design renovation will take this hostel to the next level, but it is ok, great value for money.

Extremely nice and friendly owners/staff, some noise from the street.

This hostel was a great location and easy to meet people. It wasn't the cleanest place but there was hot water which was nice! The staff was very helpful and had really useful info for helping me travel to my next destination.

I got a room in the 3rd floor (no elevator). There is a very large closet on the bunk, but has no bottom and it is necessary to own padlock. Another opposite the reception (ground floor) with key. I suggest putting the same background. The shared shower on this floor was cold water only. Wifi only on ground floor.

Great hostel in a perfect location close to Koh San Road but far enough away to be relaxed and quiet. Staff were fantastic and the owners are a good laugh.

• 23rd Dec 2014

the least friendly staff I have met in Thailand!!! vv rude about me being late as I had bus trouble and wanted to give away my bed also vvv rude about not using the shower or going near the rooms, below average common space, unclean smelly rooms, AC just for show and no hot water on the 4th floor, vvv thin mattress and hard bed, crossed the street and got a much better hostel for half the price, will recommend not booking this facility

We were expecting this from you. As from the beginning your behaviour was very unfriendly. We helped you where ever you asked for. After check out the guest is not allowed to go upstairs and to use shower, but the guests are allowed to use the toilet and common room while watching English movies and using free wifi and internet; luggage storage free. Readers please read the other reviews, you can judge better about us, the way he wrote there is nothing like that. We are friendly & clean. Regards

Loved the feel at home backpackers. Great place. Will stay there again when I come back to bangkok

Good location and a great value –– 3 blocks away from the Khao San Rd tourist strip and within a 20 minute walk from some nice temples. Owners are nice people, knowledgeable about what to do in Bangkok and about planning trips around Thailand. A great place for travelers in their early-mid 20's. Lots of people from Europe and Australia.

The staff, especially the lady who works at the desk, were super helpful. She answered all my questions and helped me get around the city and explore. Really great service while staying in the hostel! Clean enough, plenty of locker space, yummy food. However, got some very incorrect information regarding traveling to Cambodia, so make sure you do research other than asking at this particular hostel!

Thanks for staying with us and given us the review. As I remember I booked the bus only for you for seam reap, Please email me if I had told you something wrong about it so that we could be careful in future as we never got any complaint like this from the last 4 years. Please update us while sending us an email. That will be highly appreciated. Once again thanks for staying with us. regards!

Looks very rough around the edges and the rooms and bathrooms are pretty run down. But you can get a hot shower and is ok to rest your head somewhere at low cost for a night. Staff are really helpful and location is great if you want to be close to koh San road

The guy on reception is very helpful and can help you arrange trips and transport anywhere. Tiny walk to Khoa San Road. The younger reception staff will put on the movie "the edge", it is a good film, they watch it a lot. Wifi only reaches 1st floor. We would stay again as the location is ideal.

Thanks for your stay with us and for the time given to write a review. It really helps other guests for making the booking. I will take care of the cleanliness so that we can take 5 points from you respective guests. We already made few changes today I am sure once you will come next time, you will like it. Regards!

Everything was fine. I would stay again. Only downside was that wifi wasn't available in the room because of the floor I was on.

In total our stay was okay, not very bad or sth. The couple that runs this hostel is very nice and when we arrived they told us a lot about BKK, the Hostel, trips and Tours etc. The cons: The room (a dorm) was a little dirty, no dustbin available, means trash on the floor, mostly no toilett paper in the bathrooms and organisation was a little chaotic. (I had to change my bed bc of overbooking). Wifi only in the communal area, where all people just were sitting in front of a tv ...

Thanks for your stay. Well on each floor there is a big bin outside your room. What we are giving you the room, beds, mattresses, clean sheet & blankets & bathroom/toilets; pls tell me are they dirty? No toilet paper, come on, if finished by chance, you can ask the boys who are always there. Not a big deal. U change ur bed not because of overbooking, it was because of the group want to stay in the same room. What people should do in common room, pls mention; enjoying movies & wifi & rest :)

I unfortunately was on the 4th floor with some very thin mattresses and loud roommates. As for the mattresses, the staff explained that they were being replaced, but that there had been an error in sizing. It seems as though if you get that floor you can also ask to be moved down to a floor with better mattresses - unfortunately for me, the timing to do so never really worked out. The price is good for the area, close to the action but not in it.

Thanks Sir for the stay and for your review. It was a group of 9 people in your room that time and you know the young fellows; they love to enjoy. :) Well, for mattresses for that floor; it is coming next week as promised. So after that each floor has the same mattresses. Thanks for your cooperation that time. Best Regards!

Nice Hostel 5 Minuten from Khao San. Good deal die Bangkok

Good and cheap place to stay! Perfect location lovely staff!

Good for the location and the price..!

• 1st Dec 2014