Feel At Home Backpackers Reviews

218 Charkrapong Street, Turnbon Talardyord, Pranajorn District, Bangkok, Thailand

the least friendly staff I have met in Thailand!!! vv rude about me being late as I had bus trouble and wanted to give away my bed also vvv rude about not using the shower or going near the rooms, below average common space, unclean smelly rooms, AC just for show and no hot water on the 4th floor, vvv thin mattress and hard bed, crossed the street and got a much better hostel for half the price, will recommend not booking this facility

Good location and a great value –– 3 blocks away from the Khao San Rd tourist strip and within a 20 minute walk from some nice temples. Owners are nice people, knowledgeable about what to do in Bangkok and about planning trips around Thailand. A great place for travelers in their early-mid 20's. Lots of people from Europe and Australia.

The staff, especially the lady who works at the desk, were super helpful. She answered all my questions and helped me get around the city and explore. Really great service while staying in the hostel! Clean enough, plenty of locker space, yummy food. However, got some very incorrect information regarding traveling to Cambodia, so make sure you do research other than asking at this particular hostel!

Thanks for staying with us and given us the review. As I remember I booked the bus only for you for seam reap, Please email me if I had told you something wrong about it so that we could be careful in future as we never got any complaint like this from the last 4 years. Please update us while sending us an email. That will be highly appreciated. Once again thanks for staying with us. regards!

The guy on reception is very helpful and can help you arrange trips and transport anywhere. Tiny walk to Khoa San Road. The younger reception staff will put on the movie "the edge", it is a good film, they watch it a lot. Wifi only reaches 1st floor. We would stay again as the location is ideal.

Thanks for your stay with us and for the time given to write a review. It really helps other guests for making the booking. I will take care of the cleanliness so that we can take 5 points from you respective guests. We already made few changes today I am sure once you will come next time, you will like it. Regards!

In total our stay was okay, not very bad or sth. The couple that runs this hostel is very nice and when we arrived they told us a lot about BKK, the Hostel, trips and Tours etc. The cons: The room (a dorm) was a little dirty, no dustbin available, means trash on the floor, mostly no toilett paper in the bathrooms and organisation was a little chaotic. (I had to change my bed bc of overbooking). Wifi only in the communal area, where all people just were sitting in front of a tv ...

I unfortunately was on the 4th floor with some very thin mattresses and loud roommates. As for the mattresses, the staff explained that they were being replaced, but that there had been an error in sizing. It seems as though if you get that floor you can also ask to be moved down to a floor with better mattresses - unfortunately for me, the timing to do so never really worked out. The price is good for the area, close to the action but not in it.

Thanks Sir for the stay and for your review. It was a group of 9 people in your room that time and you know the young fellows; they love to enjoy. :) Well, for mattresses for that floor; it is coming next week as promised. So after that each floor has the same mattresses. Thanks for your cooperation that time. Best Regards!

Nice Hostel 5 Minuten from Khao San. Good deal die Bangkok

Good and cheap place to stay! Perfect location lovely staff!

Good for the location and the price..!

• 1st Dec 2014

Perfect hostel : friendly staff, and good location !!! I recommand it !

Sweet boss

Owner was very friendly and the atmosphere was good. Good hostel for the price!

If you are traveling through Bangkok you must visit this hostel. You wont regret it I promise! - because for such a small amount of money you will get a hostel that is placed perfectly in the center of action and at the same time the hostel on its own is very calm. If you interested in socializing with other backpackers you will have an excellent opportunity here and with the people you meet you will have so much fun :) PS: the hostel manager is the best! Try get to know him too.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Hello Sir, thanks for your lovely stay and for a wonderful review. We are very happy to read that you liked us and appreciate in words here. We always interested to give the best like now our tour-prices are comparatively the best in the market. Because of this now our future guests can enjoy the best price and can save themselves from high prices and scams etc. Love to see you in future. Till that time, travel safe and enjoy like anything :) Cheers - Rick.

The staff were lovely. When the bus I ordered for the airport didn't show up, they helped me get a taxi and refunded me with extra compensation to apologise though it wasn't their fault. They were very helpful and happy to advise. 24 hour reception so always someone about. There was cleaning every day, I would perhaps say take a quick pass at the toilets a tad more often just because they ran out of toilet roll a lot - but when asked there was more provided and so this wasn't really a problem.

Many thanks Madam for your stay with us. If we booked the bus and not turning up on time (it never happened before) but that moment we take the responsibility and manage that you can reach at airport on time. About toilet rolls, we will be more careful in this in future. Thanks for your suggestion. We look forward to welcome you again in future. :) Cheers. - Rick.

Really friendly staff, nearby khaosan rd but quiet at night. Good base for short stays.

My 3 nights at feel at home were awesome, the communal area is a great place to meet people and the staff are always around if you need them. Bill is a legend and is always trying to make the place better. The location is perfect, 5 minutes walk to Khao San Road but in a relaxed area so you can still sleep and wont be hassled outside. I've already made plans to go back.

• 14th Oct 2014

Thanks buddy for your stay and wonderful review. You are most welcome. We will look forward to welcome you and I am sure till that time we will make few changes already in our backpackers and sure too that you will love those. Cheers !!!

You get what you pay for. It's a good location, the staff are nice and it's easy to meet people.... However it was very dirty. The room smelled, I came across so many cockroaches. I REALLY recommend payin the extra money to stay somewhere else. Unless you like to cuddle cockroaches.

We are surprised with your review given. Please do note that all rooms are having aircons and windows. Room never smells, the smell comes from the guest's stuff either it is dirty bags or wet bags or shoes; I am sorry for my statement but this is a hard fact. For that we use reasonable measurements but once in a while it happens. About Cockraches, this is new for us, we will make a check on this and if there would be any problem like that we will certainly try to act fast to remove it. Regards!

The locatiion was not bad, little off from khaosan road not to be disturbed from the loud. But the facilities were not that tidy. My blankets and pillows were being used by another backpacker. Locker under the bed seemed to make noises. But friendly guys on the counter.

Thanks for staying with us Sir. You said your blankets and pillows were being used by other backpackers, not possible as we keep changing it once guest checked out. But still if you feel due to any reason, did you inform it to our house keeping staff or at reception? Thanks for the rest. Regards!

I had a great time in this hostel. A/C and wifi in the dorm rooms and hot water which was a nice positive. Would stay again.

Best hostel stayed in, staff are great, rooms are clean, get your own safe thing under your bed with a key, great to meet people in your dorms, location is just a 2 minute walk from khao san road (no exaggeration). When passing back through bangkok we had 2 hours to kill and the staff welcomed us back in to charge our phones and chill with no charge, overall great hostel. Definitely recommend it :)

• 20th Jun 2014