Home Backpackers Reviews

Plaza Vicente Iborra s/n, Valencia, Spain

So, honestly, this is a great hostel. Great location, great rooms, great value for the money. However, I have a few suggestions. We had a lot of questions for the staff and they were not at all as helpful or informative as they should have been. Also, the hostel had a large group staying there, I believe it was a teen boys rugby team, and they were horrible, inappropriate, and ridiculously loud. I suggest that the hostel takes care of the noise (at 7am) when they have large groups like this.

Good stop over, clean rooms and bathrooms, best hot shower I've had in a hostel. Only comment is I wish the beds were more comfortable... Not a good nights rest.

Great hostel. Friendly staff and one of the best I've stayed at in terms of value for money.

I really enjoyed my stay in this backpacker, with the best staff ever Yanisse, Kathy, Carlos, Felipe, Daniela and Lorena !! Met amazing people there ! Probably the best backpacker Hostel in Valencia ! And for the people who where here before now there is a new brand oven in the kitchen !! I definitely recommand this hostel ! And i'll come back for sure !

• 11th Apr 2015

Visiting Valencia was a last minute trip and I'm so glad I chose to stay at this hostel. It was in-between the main cathedral and main markets, and right off the main street - seriously best location!!!! The staff were helpful, bathrooms were cleaned every morning, the lounge area seemed to always have travelers chatting and playing games, rooms had card entry locks, comfy beds, lockers.....yep a pretty decent hostel.

Great place to stay, has everything you could want around the hostel, the place was clean and the environment was great. The staff were extremely helpful in giving us details about the area and they also offer a lot of events if interested. Would recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay!

Home Backpackers is everything a hostel is supposed to be. Friendly staff, walkable location, big secure lockers, enough toilets and showers, great kitchen, even the wifi was decent. We arrived too early to check in, and were greeted by the front desk staff who locked up our bags and welcomed us to drink a cup of coffee and use the wifi in the common area as long as we wanted. One of the best stays we've had.

• 1st Apr 2015

Great location and very easy to find from the main train station. Also very close to the market! The staff was super helpful and friendly.

Not the best I've stayed at. The room wasn't very clean and it also faced the street but didn't have good windows or anything to block out the noise.

The staff were particularly helpful and knowldedgeable. The room was clean and had everything you would expect. The room was noisy but you can't avoid that in the centre of cities. The location is absolutely fabulous - you can easily walk to anything you want in the old city. I'd happily stay here again.

• 27th Mar 2015

Home backpackers hostel was a good experience. It was clean and in a really cool area of the city. The only things I didn't love was the wifi wasn't the strongest, and I would consider the atmosphere there as just "okay." The common areas are kind of boring so it is more difficult to meet other travelers in the hostel. Since I'm traveling alone, that's one of the most important qualities for me. Might check out a different hostel if I go back to Valencia.

Thanks for your review. I think most of our atmosphere problems that you mention has more to do with your arrival date that our fault. You arrived the day after Fallas, our regional festival and both, the city and the staff were almost death that day. Give us another chance to try ourselves if you are back in Valencia, you won´t regret it . And you are the first one to tell something bad about our wifi since we improved that facility for this season. Have a nice day!

I was there during Las Fallas and had a great time! The staff were wonderful and the rooms aswell. A bit steep price, but that`s probably due to fallas. The cold showers were unfortunate, but I guess that`s hard to avoid when everyone at a full hostel tries to shower at the same time.

Hi . How are you doing? Thank you for the review and the only thing to tell you is that we added extra power to our heaters and if you come back you would have all the warm water could need, even if we are totally crowded. Have a nice day!

Amazing place to stay in Valencia! Location is really good as you can reach main monuments within short walking distance. Staff is friendly, always there for you to help and give recommendations. Huge kitchen with good facilities, clean rooms and bathrooms. Enjoyable stay, would definitely come back here during another trip! Highly recommended and huge thanks to Carlos for a warm welcome!

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Lithuania

The location is great! Is the really centre of Valencia, there is a really nice restaurant and bar in fron of the Hostel. For a couple of days it's perfect, the only thing is that the for our entire stay there wasn't hot water for taking a shower, and it was pretty cold in Valencia this days, so a cold shower wasn't so nice.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Hello thanks for your review. I have to apologize for the water problem, it´s true that we had some problems with the heaters and could not warm as much water as we needed. Anyway the problem is totally repaired and if you want to come back to the restaurant in front of us you could check it on your own. Best regards

I cannot even begin to compliment the customer service in this hotel. We went during Fallas, which meant there was a special payment arrangement which I was not aware of. Carlos the manager made every attempt to accommodate us (we were a large group of 10 students) and was patient and helpful. The hotel is a perfect location, good facilities- particularly the kitchen- and the wifi works well. The ONLY downside would be the windows are super thin and noise insulation is pretty poor.

• 13th Mar 2015

Your beautiful words embarrassed me ; I just did my job, but I love that you liked . I take note about the windows we will try to improve their soundproofing. Best regards from Valencia and keep enjoying Cuenca

Great atmosphere and staff. Came on the day of Arabian night and the meal was delicious and cheap too! Kudos to the staff that made it. The location is minutes from the market and easily accessible to everything in the city. Would definitely come back.

Really nice staff, huge kitchen and in a good area of Valencia. Walking distance to most places.

I spent 3 nights in Home Backpackers and it probably was the best thing I could have done. The staff ist very friendly and helpful, the beds are clean and comfortable, the bathrooms as well. The location of the hostel is just perfect: it's in the historical centre of Valencia, very close to all of the most important monuments of the city and only 10-15mins by foot from the main bus terminal. They also organise a great walking tour, where you can meet a lot of other young travellers as well.

The staff were very helpful and informative, and it was reasonably priced and I will visit again, for I didn't really stay as long as I would of liked. the facilities were great.

Very helpful staff