Feetup Yellow Nest Hostel Reviews

Passatge Regente Mendieta 5, Barcelona, Spain

2042 Total Reviews

Had a ton of fun playing drinking games in the common area. Really cool place to meet other people and the staff were really fun. Close enough to the metro to take you everywhere but other wise it's outside of the main city

This was the best hostel we have stayed at in all of our travels in Europe so far. The staff were so friendly and the facilities are awesome. A cinema room, bar, table tennis tables, rooftop terrace just to name a few. The staff here keep a board of all the recommended sights and current festivals/events on and it is changed daily. They also have free tours/pub crawls. We will be staying there again this week before flying out ☺☺

• 18th Aug 2015

Our time spent at Yellow Nest was good. My only criticism would be aimed at the two blond girls that are currently working there. They were quite unfriendly and sometimes rude, unhelpful and seriously lack customer service skills.

This was a great hostel for the price. The one stand out for me how ever was Ines who provided me with some great advise for my travels to Portugal. She is a real asset to the team. Some general feedback would be to get an ironing board and iron and more frequent washing cycles. Also suggest proactively organising more outings (I.e beach volleyball, cycling, basketball, etc...)

Slept right below the AC which was really loud and ran 24/7 but other than that no problems

Easy to find. Not the best location but close to the metro and easy to get to the city center. Great staff and atmosphere, loved the rooftop tapas and sangria!!

Close to the metro and supermarket. Good kitchen facilities. Fun table tennis. Would recommend.

Had a great time at this hostel, awesome kitchen, bar, TV room and had a great area to hang out with ping pong and a pool table. Staff were all really nice and were always happy to help. Special mention to Jaime and Sophie who went out of their way to make our experience in Barcelona a great one.

Really great stay. Facilities are awesome! Downstairs common area with a bar, table tennis, movies etc. Organised events like pub crawls & tapas tasting, good well stocked kitchen, good AC in room.. The location is outside the centre, but a 5 min walk will get you to a metro station and then it's about 20 mins ride. Cheap if you get a ten trip pass. Would definitely recommend this hostel!!

The staff were great and very helpful I'd recommend this hostel to any friend thinking of going to barcelona

Loved this place! Staff was very friendly and super informative. Location was in a less touristy area, but is right by the Metro so central area is super accessible. Would def stay here again.

Amazing place! Super easy to get to by metro. The staff is absolutely wonderful and easy to talk to and they know their stuff about Barcelona and the surrounding cities. It was slightly dirty mostly with the floors. Definitely will be back in the future!

• 5th Aug 2015

Awesome place 2 stay weather in a group or solo. Staff are Fantastic especially Sophie and Jamie who keep the atmosphere cranking. Couldnt fault this hostel!

• 4th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Would be a great hostel if the location was better. Rooms get a little crowded. AC in my room wasn't on and it was HOT, I asked for it to be turned on and then it started to leak for hours. After making a huge puddle the staff simply mopped and turned it off so it went back to being hot and humid. My room was full of only guys, not too bad but it was smelly. Staff is quiet and keeps to themselves. Not worth the price for being so far outside the city. But clean!

It's a bit far from the centre but the metro is nearby so it's not too bad. Great common areas and kitchen. Air conditioning was a lifesaver!! My only gripe is the cleanliness of the bathrooms, but I can imagine it's hard to keep clean with that many people coming and going. Most of the staff were really great too. I'd definitely look at staying here again if I came back.

the hostel is far from all, except from barcelona station. I had contact with a badstaff on recepcion. the man s bathroon was bad cleaned, same the roons.

We ended up in a 10 bed mixed dorm and we were the only girls, so that marred our stay a bit. The bathrooms weren't very clean, but the staff was wonderful.

A very good hostel, the staff were very helpful especialy Katherine and young lady who was on the same shift as her the day I was leaving. They were also on shift the time i stayed previously and they remembered me and gave me a great welcome back.. I would stay here again if I were to return to Barcelona.

Arrived at around 2am and waited about 30 minutes to check in with 2 people in front of me. They ran out of cards/keys and told me to get one in the morning. There were no lifts so I had to carry a 30KG suitcase + multiple bags up 2 flights of stairs, same going down to the luggage storage. Got to the room to find there were no empty beds. The cleaner forgot to make mine so the receptionist did it herself, (another guy had the same problem). Some staff were ok but most were absolutely useless.

The staff was absolutely the worst. No knowledge of anything around them. Not helpful at all, to say the least. Very rude tall blonde girl who made me consider changing hostels. Which I did. The hostel smelled bad. No AC in the rooms, at least, not working anyway. OMG this was the worst experience of my whole trip!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6