Feetup Yellow Nest Hostel Reviews

Passatge Regente Mendieta 5, Barcelona, Spain

I stayed at this hostel to try and save money after staying another more expensive hostel. I would say this hostel is a great option for a traveller on a budget. But I might be tempted to spend a little extra for the added security with more expensive hostels. When I arrived which was late. They had run out of key cards to give to me. I had to speak to staff member to go back in to my room. This apparently is because they run out of them near the end of the season. More should be available.

A little out of the way if your looking to go downtown, but the metro is close by and the staff was very helpful with showing you the right connections for the metro and lets you know about the night buses that can take you home from downtown if you choose to stay out late. Bunks are a little snug but overall not bad quality. Not much to do in the direct area around the hostel but good for a cheap sleep.

• 25th Sep 2015

I didn´t intend to extend my stay for THAT long Kristina always made me feel home and even took care of me when I got fever! This hostel bought me everything more than I expected. Staff is always friendly, the atmosphere is always good full of people and homely, their kitchen and terrace were my favourite places:) Nice facilities and services for this price! Definitely recommend it!

What I liked the most is the fact that the place provides a sense of holidays by itself with a wonderful terrace on the top floor and organised tours to the beach. The kitchen is fully equipped however, it could have been better by having a proper oven to bake rather than the existing tiny one. The staff working here is friendly, helpful and always ready to provide advice(places to go, how to go etc). I spent a week there and I have to mention that Kristina, Beth and Jamie have been in great.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Greece

Large hostel with fantastic facilities and helpful staff. They organise some events and meals on their roof terrace. Location is right near Camp Nou and about 3/4 minute walk from Metro station - it isn't right in the centre but you can't have it all! Good hostel.

Nice hostel with great staff and nice atmosphere. Suitably located near metros for transport into the city. Loved it there and would stay there again and recommend it!

It was really nice hostel, clean and staffs are really helpful. I enjoyed my visit in barcelona very much because of these guys. So thank you :)

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Mongolia

Recommendable! Nice bright and spacious room and lockers, big nice terrase for the day, well equipped kitchen. Good for longer stays, a little far from the city centre (like 15min with the metro). Common area big but no natural light since it's in the basement. Would recommend it for groups, too

A great place to stat in Barcelona if you want to meet new people and want to watch a match at camp nou. The staff is super awesome, friendly and helpful. Would visit again.

The staff were brilliant. They made the hostel.

Staff was great! Bruna and all the other girls were great, the pub crawl was awesome and all the staff make you feel really comfortable while you're there. Good recreational room and a little cinema room to watch movies. Good chill and party hostel, rooms were cleaned daily and the lockers were a good size for a 70L bag. Overall a good hostel you could t go wrong with it. Nothing bad I could really say about this place, stayed an extra 3 nights than planned here.

a great place to be at. however, a little far from all the action of Barcelona. very convenient to get by through he metro

• 10th Sep 2015
  • India

I booked this hostel last minute and I am SO glad I did! It was probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The have a number of things you can do from the hostel (like free tours, pub crawls, etc.) which was good for getting to know other people there. I met some amazing people who I'll never forget at Yellow Nest Hostel!

• 9th Sep 2015

Pros: 1. Every Staff was very friendly. I have to thank Inis for answering all my questions :) 2. Toilet was well maintained 3. Closer to metro station, fruit shops and restaurants 4. Paella day :) (I made good friends on that day. ) 5. Good value for money Cons: 1. Breakfast quality should be definitely improved. 2. Toilet door handle had a problem but it was not fixed until I was there.

Yellow Nest is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The atmosphere is so much fun! It's easy to meet people at the activities they plan like the paella dinner on Tuesday and free walking tours that leave from the hostel. The hostel is in a quiet area of Barcelona, with easy metro access. There are some cheap food options around and plenty of supermarkets. The kitchen is nice and it is cheap and easy to cook. The receptionists, Ines, Beth, Flo and Kristina, are incredibly friendly and helpful!

I can't remember having had such a good stay as in the Yellow Nest. The atmosphere is so familiar and positive – this wouldn't be possible without this superior staff! Beth is the best receptionist ever, being patiently ready to help, no matter what time or whatever happened. Hanging out with Flo, Ines and Kristina is so feisty and always gives you a vigorous laughing fit. Being overly cheerful then, you go to the pub crawl with Bruna as the toughest and funniest guide you could possibly have.

• 4th Sep 2015

Had a nice time at the hostel. They offer several activities that help us to get to know the other travelers and enjoy a good time. The staff is very friendly and ready to help you at any time, with special compliments to Ines who helped me in four different languages (I kept changing just for the fun of using them all) and had a smile on her face even when I had to make my check out before 5 am. I'll definitely recommend the hostel for friends traveling to Barcelona.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Staff were especially helpful, in particular Beth, who made our stay much more comfortable and easy!

• 2nd Sep 2015

In my 45 days of journey through out Europe. This one was the best stay and the best hostel I lived in. Amazing staff ,really friendly staff people. The girls on reception and other girls are simply amazing. Great ambiance. Great atmosphere. Met a lot of people. Very nice kitchen n common area. Spacious rooms and location near to metro. Perfect stay I guess. Great value for money

Definitely the best hostel I've stayed in! The hostel is right next to the football stadium, which is great! The staff are fantastic, especially the French girl, I think her name is Floriane, who checked me in. The atmosphere at the hostel is great, and they do pub crawls every night, which is fantastic. I also loved the walking tour, it was free! The hostel has lots of facilities, like a cinema room and terrace, which I would have used if I stayed longer. I would recommend this hostel to anyone

• 31st Aug 2015