Feetup Yellow Nest Hostel Reviews

Passatge Regente Mendieta 5, Barcelona, Spain

2044 Total Reviews

The staff was absolutely the worst. No knowledge of anything around them. Not helpful at all, to say the least. Very rude tall blonde girl who made me consider changing hostels. Which I did. The hostel smelled bad. No AC in the rooms, at least, not working anyway. OMG this was the worst experience of my whole trip!!

Nice hostel and friendly staff. It was nice and clean. They have rooms for socializing, like cinema room. For me it got too cold during the night with the air-conditioning on, but I guess that's a matter of taste. The beds are comfortable. It's located near the stadium of FC Barcelona - not in the heart of town, but easy to get to by metro.

We arrived here and the staff was nice but really slow (turns out most of them are interning as hospitality majors for the summer) they willing will give out a lot of info about Barcelona which is nice. There's only one comp for the hostel which kinda sucks. The eating space is loud at night thanks to the bar (but who doesn't love drunken singing?) the rooms are nice but have few outlets and unfortunately seem a bit cramped with beds. The lockers will gladly secure using any lock. Good kitchen.

Excellent and safe environment. It's a great place to meet new people from all around the world. The facilities are well kept and clean. The only bad thing is that it's a bit far from downtown Barcelona but there's always a metro station near it. The staff were friendly and helpful specially Flor (Floriane, cool chick). Defenetly I would recommend this hostal to anyone. Thanks for everthing.

Very good, a pleasant stay but a little too far from the centre.

The Hostel has everything you need kitchen, playroom and a place to chillout. The biggest problem is the location you need at least one hour walking to get to the Rambla or you take the subway. Because of the location it is not a turistic place so it can get a bit dangerous at night. About the staff, well it was disappointing even if I say hello to them I had never had a hello back, sometimes they didnt new places or they were announcing. A good tip is not buy the "breakfast" it's insulting.

Nice place to stay. A good kitchen and hang out room,as well as a laundry service. The first girl at the reception, a long haired blonde Frenchwoman, was very grumpy every time I interacted with her. Though this doesn't change my opinion of the hostel it was kind of awkward and unwelcoming when I arrived at first.

Good hostel. Far away from everything but still in a nice safe area. Would recommend

Excellent hostel, friendly and extremely helpful staff. Gave us loads of recommendations for things to do!

I have to say that I loved this hostel. It still stands out in my mind and the reason is the staff. The staff at this hostel truly cares about the guest. Its real and genuine. The guy from Cuba and a the others truly made my experience better. Thank you guys! The hostel itself is really cool as well. Really cool setup. The kitchen areas were impressive. I recommend it.

Definitely recommend. you meet some cool people and you can store your luggage safely in boxes. You can buy a sturdy lock from the reception for 3 euros. I would stay here again.

Nice place to stay! Rooms were spacious and the staff was helpful! It was a fare walk to the city centre but the hostel is super close to a metro station so getting around wasn't an issue!

We found that the location of the hostel was quite far from the centre of Barcelona so we had to get the metro everywhere, as it would have taken hours to walk. Staff were unhelpful, uninformed and at points dismissive and rude. This was disappointing because the quality of facilities and cleanliness of the hostel were great!

This was very much a hostel to go if you want to meet people (and you're young) and want to party. The bathrooms weren't very clean, but manageable. You have to take the metro to get down to the main part of the city. Staff was very nice and helpful.

The staff were excellent especially Sophie, very helpful and friendly place to stay.

• 3rd Jul 2015

This hostel was nice. A little far away from everything except for the FC Barcelona stadium. But the metro is about a 5 minute walk so it is really easy to get to all the sites. The staff was helpful with everything. Hostel was clean and the bathrooms were cleaned everyday. The air conditioning was wonderful. Only downfall is that the rooms were a little cramped and it was pretty loud at night due to the bar downstairs.

Most of the employees were really fun and nice! They had great suggestions could provide directions. Sometimes was aa little messy and loud but so much fun.

I enjoyed my stay here but it is located pretty far from everything you might want to do or see in Barcelona. The staff is friendly enough but doesn't make an effort to make your stay extra enjoyable and the facilities were acceptable but not great. It was a young environment and offered a pub crawl as well as two different free walking tour twice a day. I wouldn't stay here again because the location was so inconvenient.

Best hostel ever!!! Jamie and Sophie make you feel at home the moment you get there. I had an amazing time thanks to their hospitality. When I return to Barcelona, I know where I am staying!!!! You won't regret your stay here.

• 30th Jun 2015

Definitely one of my favorite hostels I have stayed at so far. The staff is absolutely incredible and helpful, and the overall environment makes it very easy to meet other travelers. Air conditioning in the rooms, large lockers, and clean dorm-style bathrooms. It's very close to the metro stop, and it's easy to get anywhere in the city. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone!!