Feetup Yellow Nest Hostel Reviews

Passatge Regente Mendieta 5, Barcelona, Spain

Super! everything was great. staff was not only polite but they were so genuine! thanks Flo! she was awesome with directions, instructions, and handled any concern i had with a great attitude!

Loved this place! Staff was very friendly and super informative. Location was in a less touristy area, but is right by the Metro so central area is super accessible. Would def stay here again.

Amazing place! Super easy to get to by metro. The staff is absolutely wonderful and easy to talk to and they know their stuff about Barcelona and the surrounding cities. It was slightly dirty mostly with the floors. Definitely will be back in the future!

• 5th Aug 2015

Awesome place 2 stay weather in a group or solo. Staff are Fantastic especially Sophie and Jamie who keep the atmosphere cranking. Couldnt fault this hostel!

• 4th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Would be a great hostel if the location was better. Rooms get a little crowded. AC in my room wasn't on and it was HOT, I asked for it to be turned on and then it started to leak for hours. After making a huge puddle the staff simply mopped and turned it off so it went back to being hot and humid. My room was full of only guys, not too bad but it was smelly. Staff is quiet and keeps to themselves. Not worth the price for being so far outside the city. But clean!

It's a bit far from the centre but the metro is nearby so it's not too bad. Great common areas and kitchen. Air conditioning was a lifesaver!! My only gripe is the cleanliness of the bathrooms, but I can imagine it's hard to keep clean with that many people coming and going. Most of the staff were really great too. I'd definitely look at staying here again if I came back.

The staff was rude and wasn't particularly helpful except one of them that was English speaking. The kitchen is always smelly and the tables are too clean. The lounge is in the basement and didn't really give out a good vibe to socialize. It seemed kinda dead for a place like Barcelona. The location isn't too central either so its a bit of a walk to some of the good places. Camp Nou is right next to it though and most places are a train/bus ride away so it well connected.

the hostel is far from all, except from barcelona station. I had contact with a badstaff on recepcion. the man s bathroon was bad cleaned, same the roons.

We ended up in a 10 bed mixed dorm and we were the only girls, so that marred our stay a bit. The bathrooms weren't very clean, but the staff was wonderful.

A very good hostel, the staff were very helpful especialy Katherine and young lady who was on the same shift as her the day I was leaving. They were also on shift the time i stayed previously and they remembered me and gave me a great welcome back.. I would stay here again if I were to return to Barcelona.

Arrived at around 2am and waited about 30 minutes to check in with 2 people in front of me. They ran out of cards/keys and told me to get one in the morning. There were no lifts so I had to carry a 30KG suitcase + multiple bags up 2 flights of stairs, same going down to the luggage storage. Got to the room to find there were no empty beds. The cleaner forgot to make mine so the receptionist did it herself, (another guy had the same problem). Some staff were ok but most were absolutely useless.

The staff was absolutely the worst. No knowledge of anything around them. Not helpful at all, to say the least. Very rude tall blonde girl who made me consider changing hostels. Which I did. The hostel smelled bad. No AC in the rooms, at least, not working anyway. OMG this was the worst experience of my whole trip!!

Nice hostel and friendly staff. It was nice and clean. They have rooms for socializing, like cinema room. For me it got too cold during the night with the air-conditioning on, but I guess that's a matter of taste. The beds are comfortable. It's located near the stadium of FC Barcelona - not in the heart of town, but easy to get to by metro.

We arrived here and the staff was nice but really slow (turns out most of them are interning as hospitality majors for the summer) they willing will give out a lot of info about Barcelona which is nice. There's only one comp for the hostel which kinda sucks. The eating space is loud at night thanks to the bar (but who doesn't love drunken singing?) the rooms are nice but have few outlets and unfortunately seem a bit cramped with beds. The lockers will gladly secure using any lock. Good kitchen.

Excellent and safe environment. It's a great place to meet new people from all around the world. The facilities are well kept and clean. The only bad thing is that it's a bit far from downtown Barcelona but there's always a metro station near it. The staff were friendly and helpful specially Flor (Floriane, cool chick). Defenetly I would recommend this hostal to anyone. Thanks for everthing.

Very good, a pleasant stay but a little too far from the centre.

The Hostel has everything you need kitchen, playroom and a place to chillout. The biggest problem is the location you need at least one hour walking to get to the Rambla or you take the subway. Because of the location it is not a turistic place so it can get a bit dangerous at night. About the staff, well it was disappointing even if I say hello to them I had never had a hello back, sometimes they didnt new places or they were announcing. A good tip is not buy the "breakfast" it's insulting.

Nice place to stay. A good kitchen and hang out room,as well as a laundry service. The first girl at the reception, a long haired blonde Frenchwoman, was very grumpy every time I interacted with her. Though this doesn't change my opinion of the hostel it was kind of awkward and unwelcoming when I arrived at first.

Good hostel. Far away from everything but still in a nice safe area. Would recommend

Excellent hostel, friendly and extremely helpful staff. Gave us loads of recommendations for things to do!