Ferienhaus Hostel Salta Reviews

751 Alvarado, Salta, Argentina

Very clean (they gave us sheets to the bed!), staff super cool, close to main square, good breakfast, clean bathroom. Highly recommended!

About 10 blocks away from the bus station - walk is next to a park (safe and nice). Breakfast is included and standard. Hostel is located downtown in walking distance of less than a minute to a busy pedestrian zone with bars, restaurants etc. Great and cheap laundry service - 2 blocks away from hostel. 24 hours HOT showers. Very nice common area with the possibility to buy beer and other beverages at the reception. Fast WIFI. We would stay there anytime again!

Had a great time here! It was very easy to meet friends in the common area and share some laughs and drinks. It is a perfect location and they have several reasonably priced tours that you can book at the desk. I would definitely stay here again!

Best showers ever!! They are like hotel showers, hot water, really clean!! You get big lockers in the dorms. Good communal area and kitchen facilities decent, easy to meet people. Great location, supermarket round the corner. Some people said in other reviews that it's really gringo, but I met mostly Argentinians, and a good mix of Europeans too. Good for parties, but equally if you want a more chill vibe it's great too!

Great location, great rooms and showers, lots of people hanging out in the living room, affordable and convenient excursions, all around a wonderful experience!

Very close to the city center and super market. A bit loud a night if you're staying close to the lobby.

This place is alright if you're just looking to go out to party in Salta. When you get back home drunk you won't notice the stained bedsheets or the smell in the room, nor will you be disappointed by the level of service (the staff does their job, but no more than that). Good place to meet other typical gringos, but don't go here if you're looking for a more local experience.

the beds were not made when we got our room and neither did the guy at the reception say we had to make them ourselves..

great location in city centre (close to supermarket), well-equipped kitchen, breakfast is the usual crackers/white bread and Dulce de Leche ;) clean bathrooms and showers - the provided liquid soap in the showers, which is nice; the way the building is constructed makes it very chilly inside (especially in the morning) luckily there were additional blankets; the window openened to a corridor and people could have easily got in - be careful there; we liked it and stayed another night

Big hostel, good place to meet people. Rooms are average but what you would expect for a large hostel.

• 25th May 2015

When I arrived myself and 4 other people were not given sheets because they hadnt arrived back from the laundromat yet, we didn't get given then sheets until quite late at night. The guy at the front desk was lovely. One of th girls was nice but the other one wasn't. I didn't see anyone cleaning the bathrooms ever and I was in and out at all hours of the day. It wasn't extremely dirty while I was there but normally you occasionally run into a cleaning lady and here I didn't at all.

Perfect location with walking distance to everything you need, even the bus station. Cleanest showers we've seen in a hostel so far. Very big and well equipped kitchen. But - it was so cold everywhere!! Overall we had a great stay, despite having to wear four sweaters at once.

We got a double bed ensuite room with the bathroom inside the room without any ventilation. After a shower the whole bathroom was wet and moist, during the day the whole room got so humid I was unable to decently sleep. I ended up with a horrible cold. My advice: don't take the ensuite room! The rest of the hostel was okay although not a lot of light. Location is good! Ps don't check out late because you have to pay 50% for using the facilities.

Nice hostel, helpful staff but the shared bathrooms and the common area weren't very clean. Centrally located, within 5min walk from the main square.

Very friendly and helpfull staff. Carina and Gabriel, thank you!! 4 bed room dorm was big enough. I even had a single bed instead of a bunk. Enough toilets and showers, never had to wait. Lounge area is not the best, but good enough. You are more likely to meet up with people in the or dining room.

Nice hostel, so next downtown.

Great location, great showers and the staff were quite friendly but a few things let down the place unfortunately. The common area wasn't very sociable. The pillows needs replacing - really bad. At breakfast, sometimes the hot water and milk ran out and wasn't replaced. A lot of little things that could really improve the place.