Fernloft (City) Hostel Singapore Reviews

257 Jalan Besar, Singapore, Singapore

I paid but not stayed - so you know it's THAT bad: - the safe lockers were broken (and doors have no keys or access cards); - the place was dirty and unlit; - the staff refused to give me my refund even though i did not actually check in (I changed my mind when I entered the small room and they told me the lockers are broken. It's just the worst hostel i've ever been in.

The room was disgusting BED BUGS, smelt like dirty 30 year old socks, so hot in the rooms air con didn't work, got moved to another room, it's was better but the aircon leaked and when we got up in the morning the corridor was flooded with water. Bathrooms are filthy and heaps of locals seem to stay there long term, so expensive for what it is.

• 29th Jan 2016

We booked with fern loft but they were unable to accommodate us due to some maintenance issues. They relocated us to another hostel next door. I'm happy they were honest about the issue and didn't try to have us stay in a bad room.

very nice and friendly staff, very good location and facilities.

• 4th Jan 2016

Room was very basic and could do with a good clean, could feel the springs in the matress. Plug socket was falling off the wall and there weren't individual lights. Bathroom again could do with a clean, the toilet seat was falling off as well. Location was decent, near like 10 shopping centres and about a half hour walk to the water front. There was no atmosphere at all and the only place to chill out was the coffee shop downstairs where you were obligated to buy something.

Just average

Staff was very friendly and warm. Facilities were good, just the air con is kind of cold at night and the rest were fine. Bedspace were good, cosy to sleep and quiet.

• 29th Sep 2015
  • Singapore

i stayed 3 days with my kids in a private room the room is clean and comfortable all the time staffs are so friendly they even brought us to the places where we are not familiar.place is so near to sentosa and marina bay sands got mall near the place so many restaurants around its near mustafa as well.unique part of the hostel is they have a cafe at the lobby where i enjoyed their freshly brewed one.we will stay here again and recommend to some friends

• 29th Sep 2015
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Staffs are helpful and friendly. The only thing attractive is the timber block dinning tables at the entrance. As viewed from the site photos. The rest of the decor and fittings are old and dirty. Lights are dimmed. The toilets smell. And the bathrooms are yucky!! It leaves me with horrible experience. I felt like moving out in the middle of the night to somewhere...Hyatt, Holiday Inn, Westin ...hit the streets whatever. On second thought, they already collected all my hostel money.

• 13th Aug 2015