Fernloft (City) Hostel Singapore Reviews

257 Jalan Besar, Singapore, Singapore

Arrived in hostel about 8.20pm, I was attended by staff Adril Azmin told that no booking has been made even I am able to provide booking reference.I have to wait about 30 minutes just for him to called the agent instead of book me in first, temporary bed given to me as he said once he got my booking he will transfer me accordingly.He even doubt at me by saying I cancelled my booking earlier on.His service sucks and not suitable in this job,this will be my last stay in this hostel its a nightmare

Expensive, not in accordance with which we paid, the room looks messy with bedbug in her bed, rickety bed without a fence on one side makes you threatened fall during sleep above, short breakfast time is limited to 9 am, a lobby which is less comfortable because like cafe without a desktop that has a printer, the average remaining service standards alone.

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Indonesia

This hostel was very clean and the staff were very helpful. It is worth for you to stay if you want to save up some dollar in Singapore.

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Japan

On Sunday I owed you return a card pass to get back my 10$ pledge but there was nobody. I waited 1 hour. I called up several times but anybody answered. Furthermore, the main door was closed. I was not able to contact the taxi which waited for me outside to go to the airport.

awesome hostel!! hostel staff were very helpful..made it one merely one night and made good friends too!

Besides the clean and comfortable facilities, what I loved about the Fernloft was the breakfast which was provided. Its way better than the usual fare provided at other hostels. They have a cafe downstairs which serves good coffee, cakes and burgers etc at reasonable prices. Overall a good place to stay and value for $.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

Do Not stay there!!! Its The chepest Place i know but every Dollar you spend more is it worth!! Its like in a prison !

• 28th Dec 2014

Dear Charlotte, we are sorry to hear about your bad experience. We always try our best to keep all our guests happy. 9/10 of our guests are happy with the price and accomodation we provide. If you were unhappy, you could have approached the front desk for assistance, and we will always try our best to assist you.

Not recommend to stay in 18 mixed dorm if you are single female! The bed is not so clean and the room is not like others hostel that only stay by tourist! In sg, some of the agent will arrange the foreign labour stay in hostel before they get permit and start to work in realize this in this hostel! Feel scary so next day I switch to female dorm, female dorm is clean everything is nice! The breakfast is until 9 am only this is too early for me the drinks only coffee and water don't have tea!

Dear Hui Yi, Thanks for the review. We wish to thank you for your stay with us and look forward to see you again. Sorry about the 18 bed dorm, we always try our best to keep it clean. However, there are many guests and we were running a full house. And we cannot control who books the dorm. We are glad you enjoyed the female dorm and your review is important to us. We will try our best and keep the standards high.

I have a very nice experience staying in this hostel, friendly staff very hospitable , nice facilities, perfect location, There is a 24 hours shopping mall 4 minutes, toilets are clean well maintain, i like the breakfast they have a special coffee, the good thing is' when the breakfast is over they have a coffeehouse at the reception that serves special coffee, ambiance in cafe provides excellent venue for camaraderie, it is here that you find opportunities to meet international communities.

• 17th Nov 2014

Hostel close to subways, abt 5 mins walk, nestles in a vicinity conserved for its historical and cultural significance, that brings back all the old world charm. Altho' it's a heritage bldg, it has the facilities of a hotel. Nearby are 2 shopping malls with banks n eateries. The cafe in the hostel serves excellent western cuisine at very affordable prices. The staff give excellent service. They are very knowledgeable, friendly n helpful

• 12th Nov 2014

Great location and Staff. Money changers nearby Mustafa provide the best forex rates. The nearby mall City Square also has all the convenience you need. Hostel was clean, and individual reading lights are provided on request if you do not wish to disturb others in slumber. I had a great stay here, and it's superb value for money. It's also nearby to several tourist spots, and you can walk and sightsee very conveniently. They also have a Artisan Cafe at the Lobby serving Great Coffee.

Great Location and Super Staff!! Memorable Stay at Fernloft. Clean and safe. No bed bugs. And free shower foam and shampoo! There is also an Artisan Cafe serving the best coffee and cakes I had while in Singapore. The lobby also has very nice wall art and is a nice place to sit and plan your itinerary while relaxing and meeting other travellers.

• 5th Nov 2014