Fernloft KL @ Chinatown Reviews

No 60A Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Good for 1 night. Not much else

This hostel is good and bad all at once. The hostel itself is clean (for travelling standards), has hot showers and free basic self catering breakfast as well as films to watch on the TV. The staff for the most part are polite and helpful. However the rooms are tiny and smell quite musky because they have no windows. The showers and toilets are through the lounge so that means either getting dressed in the shower or walking through in a towel which isn't ideal. It's an ok hostel, great location.

Room wasnt the same as posted online. They blamed Hostelworld for the discrepancy and took no responsibility. Adrian was very helpful but didn't have the power to give us a refund. We left the next day cancelling our second night stay and they would t refund us the money even though we weren't staying a second night. The sheets were stained, the bathroom was a bit dirty. Okay location, but really disappointed in management's attitude about our situation. He didn't even try to work with us.

Whatever you do , don't stay here more than one or two nights.... Obviously, for its low price and good location, the hostel needs to cut corners. They cut all corners. Facilities are pretty gross, dorms are pretty horrible, and the kitchen is a joke. But! Location is great and the staff (sort of) tries to be (kind of) helpful. I don't plan on returning, but it wasn't the worst hostel I've stayed in.... But stayed here eight nights and I really hated coming back to sleep. Unhappy place.

Staff were very helpful.

One of the worse hostels I've stayed in. Wouldn't recommend. The location is about all it has going for it.

Smell on 3rd floor was bad, worst I've smelt. 20 bed with 3 people it was a ghost town. Stay in floor 2

We stayed in the 24 person dorm which was surprisingly quiet. The room as AC from 7pm to 9am. The hallways really smell and the breakfast is just white bread (toasted) with jam and instant coffee.

For all its worth I wouldn't advise anyone on taking the chance staying at fernloft,the smell hits you from the entrance of the door, mattress looks like something from ww2, besides the location and the rooftop view it's not worth it! Hostelworld says no booking fees but that's is BS cause if there isn't one I never received my % I put on there from fernloft ! At 8:15 I got ready to leave and turned my key in was told 9 they open while two people behind the desk helping someone else,so I waited!

Good location, average cleanliness, jam on toast for breakfast

• 21st Dec 2015

the place you can meet many nice people and have a realy nice time if you are travelling alone. I stood there around 4 days and made so many contacts with people. it was friendship-related a realy great time! BUT...The place is smelly and isn't clean, you dont get any towels or adapter for socets. The breakfast is a joke: coffee and tost with disgusting butter and one sort of jelly. Suggest for Bagpack-guys!

The mattresses were old and had bedbugs. There was no coffee only milk sugar coffee powder.

Fine place to stay for few days. It's cheap and the location is good.

Clean, good location, safe, you get very good value for money!

like the staff .location was very good free bus .food,rooftop and muchmore .i defenetly stay again .

everything really good

Staff was very help full and friendly. The dorm room was clean every day and they are provide lockers. we can put whole pack bag inside the lockers. Location is very strategy and convenience. All public transports are available. Break fast as serve the roof top were by you can experience panorama view of pasar seni. value of the money. I can recommend this hostel.

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Bangladesh

Great place to stay at, security was top notch and the staff were extremely friendly. Especially my new best mate Adrian even though he is old and American! Hahah. plenty of films to watch, fab location right next to the train station and tube, very helpful aswell when it came to deciding next location and sorting shuffle buses etc. Boss man even cooked dinner for us free of charge so that was extremely kind. Definitely recommend.

The location is good as it is not far from several public transportation. You can mini mart around. Roof top is simple but can be good place to be connected with new friends. Room and bed doesn't look like what I expect from the photo on website. Shower room is okay but toilet isn't in good condition. I stay in the room near the main road which is also where buses park. Every early morning a guy would shout "luck luck luck luck luck" for more than 2 hours and it woke me up everyday!

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Thailand

Fernloft KL Hostel="It means Friendship Hostel"-Staffs are here amazing esp,Stephen,Kumar,Mohan and Great Aidry.This is the cheapest and best hostel around kl.It was surrounded by great location,everything is near by.This is only hostel they used to cook for the guest for free.Lot of ppls complaints abt this hostel[theft] it aint true.See-If you are staying in a dorm you should be careful-*Use* lockers.If you dont have that common sense dont blame the Hostel.The Best hostel i stayed Ever.Cheers

• 14th Oct 2015