Fernloft KL @ Chinatown Reviews

No 60A Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It is a good hostel, pretty clean and the staf are really cool and really helpful . Is located in China town so is near to most of the turist attractions and pretty close to the free bus of KL that being you to the most important atractions.

Nice hostel, surprisingly the 20-bed dormitory is quite during the night. There is weird smell in the corridor at 3rd floor. Breakfast consists of black coffee and toasts with jam, and there is only one bread toaster, so you have to line up early!

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!! I decided to cancel the booking of 2 nights, so I sent an email 9 days before original arrival. However there was no reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sent another email 4 days later in case of unsuccessful email sending. But there was no reply again!!!!!!! Still they charged me for 2 nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tried to phone to the hostel but there was no reply!!!!!! DONT CHOOSE THIS HOSTEL!!!!!!!!!!L! They are lierFRAUD!

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

Really good security and location in the China Town area close to a train and bus station, Central Market and some temples. We enjoyed our stay there, and would recommend it to others :-)

Nice one !

pros : good location close to pasar seni LRT stations,china town,central market cons : bed not comfortable,no reading light,many thai worker stay here.will not recommend for families stay here

This hostel has a beautiful terrace, from the terrace you can see the twin tower, kl tower n etc. Just few minute walking distance to Chinatown. The staff are well trained and they are all the time very helpful when we need information, booking bus ticket, taxis and airport shuttle. The place are clean and well maintained at all time. Will stay here again on my next visit again to Kuala Lumpur

• 26th Dec 2014

i loved their roof top and they have great staff that are very helpful at anytime, all their staff are well trained and they have all the knowledge about the city. They have suggested nice places to visit that are not on my traveling list. The toilets and showers are very clean. The hostel is located at the center of transportation hub such as train, bus stop and they even have a free bus ' GO KL " that goes around the city for free. Will be back again to stay, Thanks guys.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Very helpful staff! Easy to find. The roof top has a big potential - they should have a bar up there!

• 22nd Dec 2014

Serious need for UPDATE! I had stayed at fernloft before- 2,5 years ago. Then it was good value for your money but now it looked like nothing had changed- I mean nothing- still same matresses and pillows. Also got disappointed with staff- whenever tried to ask a a question I never got a straight nor clear answer.

The hostel is nearby to LRT Train station, bus station, walking distance to Pasar Seni ( Central Market ), Chinatown is located at the back of hostel. You can enjoy the Chinese cuisine. The staff are very helpful and friendly , they are very much willing to help on any time. The showers and toilets are cleaned all the time. they have a open roof top, where you can sit to have drinks and share stories with other in House guest. I really enjoyed my stay here.

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

it was a nice stay in fernloft....especially the staff Mr.Anand was so kind and very helpful... i will stay again here for Mr.Anand......

• 5th Dec 2014
  • India

Awesome experience

• 13th Nov 2014
  • India

Hi ,thanks for your valuable comment. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Thanks again, hope to see you again on next visit, Fernloft Chinatowm KL Team. .

It smells nasty. The carpet floor is really gross and needs cleaning. The pillows need to be washed aswell from time to time. The beds are extremely shaky. Once anyone moves the whole bed moves. The reality doesnt look like the pictures. The breakfast cannot be called breakfast.

My time at fernloft was probably the happiest so far in my travels. I'd like to thank all the staff for helping me out, particularily Shravan who went out of his way on the day I left to help me get to the airport. The hostel is clean and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Thanks again. I hope to visit again

• 31st Oct 2014

The room was very dirty and smelt really bad. The bathroom and kitchen were very dirty too. It was really disgusting to sleep there and have a shower too. One boy from staff didn't speak too much English so it was imposible to get some directions. Other boy from the staff told me where I could take a bus to Melaka, I went there and he was wrong, so finally I spent a lot of money and time trying to find the right station. Defenitely this is the WORST hostel I've ever been. Don't go there!

thanks for your valuable comment. Our housekeeping staff takes pride on doing and making sure the cleanness is taken care all the time. We have a new staff have joined and he is still on the learning period, Regarding the bus to Malacca, my staff always goes to Malacca and i am sure they will not provide an wrong info to the guest about the direction to Malacca. Hope to see you again on your next visit, Fernloft KL Team

Bed sheeting and bad really need an improvement.rest all excellent. Staffs are all very nice and restrooms all very clean. Location is very convenient to many famous spot. Sahil, we will miss you!

thanks for your valuable comment. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will be looking into the bed sheets and also the bedding. Hope to see you again on your next visit, Fernloft KL Team

Accomodiont for travellers looking for a cheap bed. Stayed one night in a dorm room. It was suprisingly quiet and the toilets and showers were enouhg even for a big group of people. Clean enough and nice staff. The bed was a little bit hazardous though: when climbing to top bed the bed almost fell over and during night the handle(rail) in bed fell off. :D

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Finland

thanks for your valuable comment. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again on your next visit, Fernloft KL Team

Good location, wifi only worked on 2/4 days though. Beds comfortable but a bit rickety

Very nice place !