Fernloft KL @ Chinatown Reviews

No 60A Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Bed bug bites, no towels available, odd smell, and generally seemed a bit unkept. Nice area though, and staff not too bad to deal with

The white foreigner guy who sits at the reception desk sounds a bit rude and rigid.

I've stayed at many hostels in Chinatown but this one is my first choice thanks to great rooftop. It's spacious, usually quiet, with great view and fast wifi. Free coffee in morning is excellent. Also, lockers are large and secure, which makes life a lot easier! For me, all this compensates for shabby rooms and old mattresses. Caution: hostel sometimes gets large groups of students/youth groups. Last time I was here, they took over entire hostel and it was hard to cope, but I did get a discount.

Nice hostel :) Very near a lot of must visit places in KL. Tranpowise as well cause its very near Pasar Seni Station as well as the Kuala Lumpur station. It's also near the Go KL bus which is free :))

Very nice location, the roof top in particular is a reason to come back. The property is cleaned regularly, what I appreciate. Could be a bit cheaper though, as I saw how most of the beds where empty...

• 12th Jul 2015

The location of Fernloft was fantastic- right next to 2 different train stations, Chinatown, and one of the famous markets. The staff was wonderful- very helpful and made a safe atmosphere. There were a few "regulars" who were staying there that brought down some of the common areas for me.... but that's not the hostel's fault. The cleanliness was okay for a hostel and the rooms get freeeezing at night, so bring something warm to wear at night. It was cheap and a bed to sleep in.

one of the staff turned the light on to do a 'check' whilst some of us were trying to get to sleep. Also we feel we shouldn't have to make our own beds

Reasonably priced hostel, close to different tourist attractions. The staff was very friendly and helping. The rooftop was a nice place to hang out and the coffee was good. Although it was not available 24 hours, but hot water though. No free drinking water. But there is a water filling station just outside on the road for little money. Or you put hot water in the freezer and wait ;) And the centralized air con(in the 24bed dorm) was just too cold at night so take your sleeping bag with you.

great hostel ☺☺☺☺☺☺👌👌👌👌✊