Fernloft KL @ Chinatown Reviews

No 60A Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Clean, good location, safe, you get very good value for money!

like the staff .location was very good free bus .food,rooftop and muchmore .i defenetly stay again .

everything really good

Staff was very help full and friendly. The dorm room was clean every day and they are provide lockers. we can put whole pack bag inside the lockers. Location is very strategy and convenience. All public transports are available. Break fast as serve the roof top were by you can experience panorama view of pasar seni. value of the money. I can recommend this hostel.

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Bangladesh

Great place to stay at, security was top notch and the staff were extremely friendly. Especially my new best mate Adrian even though he is old and American! Hahah. plenty of films to watch, fab location right next to the train station and tube, very helpful aswell when it came to deciding next location and sorting shuffle buses etc. Boss man even cooked dinner for us free of charge so that was extremely kind. Definitely recommend.

The location is good as it is not far from several public transportation. You can mini mart around. Roof top is simple but can be good place to be connected with new friends. Room and bed doesn't look like what I expect from the photo on website. Shower room is okay but toilet isn't in good condition. I stay in the room near the main road which is also where buses park. Every early morning a guy would shout "luck luck luck luck luck" for more than 2 hours and it woke me up everyday!

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Thailand

Fernloft KL Hostel="It means Friendship Hostel"-Staffs are here amazing esp,Stephen,Kumar,Mohan and Great Aidry.This is the cheapest and best hostel around kl.It was surrounded by great location,everything is near by.This is only hostel they used to cook for the guest for free.Lot of ppls complaints abt this hostel[theft] it aint true.See-If you are staying in a dorm you should be careful-*Use* lockers.If you dont have that common sense dont blame the Hostel.The Best hostel i stayed Ever.Cheers

• 14th Oct 2015
  • Rajamanickam
  • India

Fernloft is a good hostel all and all. I state there for about 8 days and it was better than I expected when I first came into the hostel. They have bi. Lockers where you can put you backpack, yes the whole thing!, that's pretty cool to me. Breakfast is included, though is not the best I've had it was ok and it helped to make it through the morning and to savE some money. The 24 beds room is packed with guys so maybe some ladies will find this as an issue, but if you don't care then it's ok.

Bed bug bites, no towels available, odd smell, and generally seemed a bit unkept. Nice area though, and staff not too bad to deal with

The white foreigner guy who sits at the reception desk sounds a bit rude and rigid.

I've stayed at many hostels in Chinatown but this one is my first choice thanks to great rooftop. It's spacious, usually quiet, with great view and fast wifi. Free coffee in morning is excellent. Also, lockers are large and secure, which makes life a lot easier! For me, all this compensates for shabby rooms and old mattresses. Caution: hostel sometimes gets large groups of students/youth groups. Last time I was here, they took over entire hostel and it was hard to cope, but I did get a discount.

Nice hostel :) Very near a lot of must visit places in KL. Tranpowise as well cause its very near Pasar Seni Station as well as the Kuala Lumpur station. It's also near the Go KL bus which is free :))

Very nice location, the roof top in particular is a reason to come back. The property is cleaned regularly, what I appreciate. Could be a bit cheaper though, as I saw how most of the beds where empty...

• 12th Jul 2015

The location of Fernloft was fantastic- right next to 2 different train stations, Chinatown, and one of the famous markets. The staff was wonderful- very helpful and made a safe atmosphere. There were a few "regulars" who were staying there that brought down some of the common areas for me.... but that's not the hostel's fault. The cleanliness was okay for a hostel and the rooms get freeeezing at night, so bring something warm to wear at night. It was cheap and a bed to sleep in.

one of the staff turned the light on to do a 'check' whilst some of us were trying to get to sleep. Also we feel we shouldn't have to make our own beds

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels