Fernloft KL @ Chinatown Reviews

No 60A Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Nice hostel :) Very near a lot of must visit places in KL. Tranpowise as well cause its very near Pasar Seni Station as well as the Kuala Lumpur station. It's also near the Go KL bus which is free :))

Very nice location, the roof top in particular is a reason to come back. The property is cleaned regularly, what I appreciate. Could be a bit cheaper though, as I saw how most of the beds where empty...

• 12th Jul 2015

The location of Fernloft was fantastic- right next to 2 different train stations, Chinatown, and one of the famous markets. The staff was wonderful- very helpful and made a safe atmosphere. There were a few "regulars" who were staying there that brought down some of the common areas for me.... but that's not the hostel's fault. The cleanliness was okay for a hostel and the rooms get freeeezing at night, so bring something warm to wear at night. It was cheap and a bed to sleep in.

one of the staff turned the light on to do a 'check' whilst some of us were trying to get to sleep. Also we feel we shouldn't have to make our own beds

Reasonably priced hostel, close to different tourist attractions. The staff was very friendly and helping. The rooftop was a nice place to hang out and the coffee was good. Although it was not available 24 hours, but hot water though. No free drinking water. But there is a water filling station just outside on the road for little money. Or you put hot water in the freezer and wait ;) And the centralized air con(in the 24bed dorm) was just too cold at night so take your sleeping bag with you.

great hostel ☺☺☺☺☺☺👌👌👌👌✊

Bunk beds are all over the place, feel like you are on a roller coaster when siting on them. Have to get next doors wifi if you have an apple device. Air con not on in the day and struggles to cope with keeping the dorm rooms cool. Staff are great and really helpful. Location is brilliant next to a GO KL bus station in the heart of Chinatown

If you are a seasoned traveler, don't need the roof bar scene, and like your wifi, skip this place. Wifi is the worst I've seen in Chinatown, and I'm not 22 so I don't care about swapping novice travel stories anymore--which is great fun, just not my scene.

Dirty rooms and communal areas, a bad smell everywhere. Staff not particularly helpful, often seemed disinterested. Location is decent-close to train /bus stations and Chinatown. Lockers provided in rooms.

Good location, nice staff, especially Steven if I remember ;), they gave some good recommendations where to get great and cheap Indian food. We met great people during our stay in the hostel. The dorms were a bit dirty, including the bathrooms.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels