Fernloft KL @ Chinatown Reviews

No 60A Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I am traveling solo. I have never seen a worst place. Certainly would not advise any one to go there even for a night. There were lots of bed bugs on bed and I couldn't sleep whole night until I went to the common room to sleep on the sofa. Cleanliness was poor. Staffs were friendly but useless. Wifi never worked and were blamed to service providers which was certainly inappropriate as Internet was working all the time in the shared computer.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • India

thanks for your comment, as you know a fight with bed bug is an ongoing battle. We have our pest control contractor misting all the rooms to prevent the bed bugs from spreading. At the same the guest come n goes and the bed bugs can be brought in by anyone that have come from any place that is infected. Thanks again, Fernloft KL Chinatown team.

Great hostel. Good location near 2 train stations. Excellent staff really friendly and helpful. We like it so much we have booked to come back twice more when transiting through KL.

• 27th Feb 2014

thanks for your valuable comment, we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Thanks for your comment again, Fernloft KL Chinatown team

This place is really really good! The location is fantastic in front of the metro station, the security is perfect, I have been there for 3 days and then I went to Tioman Island I leave in this hostel one bag for one week, they put my bag in a shelf in the reception when I comeback there was my bag. The only one thing that they can improve is the internet conection because at night is so slowly.

Location is great..right next to the Central Market and close to Pasar Seni and Kuala Lumpur station. But security has to be something you might want to take into consideration. The area is very bustling but with dodgy-looking people everywhere and non-existent traffic rules. My mum was scared to tears twice (one due to misunderstanding and the other one was from an Asian-looking potential molester wearing glasses). Wifi was sporadic at best and one of the beds in our room was super squeaky

thanks for your valuable comment, we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay at our hostel. One of our main priority is the safety of the guest in the hostel and at the counter we provide a welcome note that has all the important contact number such as police, ambulance and etc for the guest. Thanks for your comment again, Fernloft KL Chinatown team

WIFI is really bad and there is a note posted on the wall about Bad WIFI and blaming to Network Provider really pissed me off. Stop blaming the Network Provider! I went to 7 different hostels in K.L. area and all WIFI work awesome fine! I do not like mislead notice! Backpackers are not that DUMB. FIX WIFI! Wifi work good when not many people on the floor during early morning so its NOT network provider's problem as you and your staff tried to blame. Otherwise, great hostel!

thanks for your comments, as you know we have stated that we have wifi problem because of the service provider has and the staff did not create by themselves and at the same time you have to understand that there are few different company that are providing the services. The company that was providing the service has problem at that point of time. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused. Thanks again, Fernloft KL Chinatown Team.

So far this hostel is comfortable for backpacker. it is near the Pasar Seni station about 100 m . The room is small but comfy. but it's a bit silly for me to go to bathroom because i must crossing the receptionist and tv room ( from private room lv 1)

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Indonesia

dangerous, the stuff stole me. I let my suitcase for 3 weeks and when I came back I found it in a corridor only accessible by the stuff, it was open without my video recorder, so the stuff stole it. It's very dangerous, the "Step INN" in 60 meter from, it's cheaper and the staff is the best

Very kind and helpful personal over there :) AC is frezeen at night and wifi is pretty slow.

Hi Adriana, thanks for your valuable comment, we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Our staff will always assist the guest if the is any request from the guest regarding the air cond and the wifi will slow if at 1 time there are many user that are linking to it. Thanks for your comment again, Fernloft KL Chinatown team

The good things about this hostel: the staff, the location and the price. The bad things: everything else. I don't know if it's the backpackers fault or not, but it was filthy. The dorm I stayed in had way too many beds in it and it just felt dodgy. Also the wifi was not working. You get what you paid for tho, because is very cheap; but, if you are not short on cash I would recommend looking for something else. Maybe it could do with a change of colors and furniture, to make it look cleaner.

Near the bus and train- easy to find. Good location. Big hostel and felt a little soulless but the roof top balcony is awesome

Awesome hostel! I'm a great fan of the fernloft chain, stayed there in Singapore, Melaka and KL. Great hostels and amazing places to meet new people. Had lots of fun while I was there.

Hi Ian, thanks for your valuable comments, we are glad you have enjoyed the stay with us. We are sorry about the wifi, there were problem from the service provider that we have sign up the service. Thanks again, Fernloft KL Team

good location very close to the LRT and easy access to sentral station and the rest of the city

Bed Bugs!! This was the worst thing. I've had bed bugs before but never this bad, my back and legs were covered. Please sort this out!! Otherwise it's a fine place to stay. Wifi didn't work at all. Located in a horrible area but all the hostels are around there. Staff weren't very helpful unless you wanted to book a tour with there agent. Breakfast simple but you're paying so little you can't expect much.

Great location, Pasar Seni, Chinatown and MRT station are just a short walking distance. Masjid Jamek is also near, i walked there and prayed subuh in early morning. Security is good, everything is fine, staff are friendly. Several things i wasn't satisfy are the wifi did'nt work and the water heater didn't work well too But i didn't really need those things as it was only a night transit for my flight to other country. Overally, its good and value for money

Hi Hanif, thanks for your valuable comments, we are glad you have enjoyed the stay with us. We are sorry about the wifi, there were problem from the service provider that we have sign up the service. Thanks again, Fernloft KL Team

1 2 Next » last »