Fernloft Melaka - The Heritage Hostel Reviews

24, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock, Melaka, Malaysia

BED BUG! BED BUG! BITED BY BED BUG! room was dark, smelly, not clean! Whole hostel only one staff sometimes he will not around! Only one shower room available! Good location!

So, I think I contracted some kind of infection from the hostel bed sheets or pillows. Perhaps mites or bed bugs as I have all these bites all over the back of my legs and itchiness everywhere. I couldn't sleep because I kept feeling things bite me, but I figured the place just had mosquitos. I checked around the next day and the sheet had some kind of small white particles on it that were sticking to my skin. I'm not sure what that was but, it shouldn't have been there and please be available!

Everything was good/excellent: staff was friendly, location, value for money, atmosphere... except getting bitten by bedbugs all over. x_x

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

It was a nice place, but just not very lively. Not much to eat for breakfast and coffee was diluted with sugar.

We didn't have high expectations as we were expecting a hostel type environment. We arrived from Singapore hoping to at least have a shower only to find that they had no clean towels left and there was no warm water, we didnt expect hot. They suggested we shower in the morning and they would have towels. They didn't.

Basic hostel at good location .but it's enough .nothing much atmosphere.because there are not so many people like kl ...small place .

• 16th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

thank you pavi appreciate for the help . the hostel is good .all attraction are very near so it ill be so convenience.

i stayed two days there the hostel was good .the night market was good.the river side place was excellent .

Value of money .location is good .friendly staff and breakfast included what else .I recommend fern loft .

Fairly pleasent hostel with good location. Bed bugs and broken beds however. Kept me awake

• 8th Nov 2015

Normal hostel. There was not atmosphere cause there was nobody else. The owner was helpfull but should be there in the morning when you want to check out. If you are in a morning hurry I advise you check out the night before.

Really nice hostel in a great location. Would definitely stay again.