Fernloft Melaka - The Heritage Hostel Reviews

24, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock, Melaka, Malaysia

All things are good as much this value. Staff was not so helpful. He always was on personal things. Water ran very slowly at first 10 minutes when you took a shower. I couldn't even wash my shampoo and had to wait more than 10 minutes.

I got bedbugs over there. So it wasnt the best place to stay in Melaka i guess. :( the breakfast was also not nice. You havw to clean up your dishes without everything...just water. The staff seems to be really new and not really helpful for any information around the city.

Nice & cosy...

• 10th May 2015

I emailed ahead to say I was going to be checking in late, but apparently they have two email accounts. There is a sign on the door (permanently) saying the receptionist has stepped out for 15-20 minutes. The receptionist left me outside with my backpack for a full ten minutes at 11:30 pm, watching me on their security camera, before someone else let me in. When I did get let in they checked me in and everything was fine but if reception is closed, indicate it at the door.

Pro: good location. Secure. Cons: Incompetent and weird staff. Seemed cheap to turn off the AC often. Yellow pillows, A lot of CCTV in the facilities. No working fridge. No working computer. No atmosphere. The location is super and it's cheap which is good and I would say you could stay here one night. But not for long or if you want to meet fellow travellers. The indian guy at the reception was also quite weird and did not seem to know anything of Malacca.

Shravan was really helpful in everything! Very good host!

Good place. Not that many people when I was there, but managed to meet a few of them. The dorm room housed a crazy mix of old and young people, so be prepared for that. The real highlight was the front desk guy who helped me out in any way he could when my ATM card got lost.

I had an enjoyable stay. Was a good value and the staff was very helpful and friendly.