Filaretai Hostel

Good 229 Total Reviews
6.4
Good 229 Total Reviews

13th May 2017

Actually I didnt stay there, I made a mistake in my reservation but contacted them in order to change my arrival date and they attended me very quickly and giving me a positive answer, very nice service

• Finland, Couple, 41+
12th Apr 2017
5.7

Good place but cold

• Germany, Female, 18-24
12th Mar 2017

The staff were really nice. At night the lock the front door, but you can get a key, if you're going out late. You get a towel and bed linen without extra charges. There are lockers for your laptop or whatever. The supermarket is nearby. And the main attractions are just 10 minutes away on foot.

24th Feb 2017
7.1

It did its job. I was there to see Viknius, to hang around in the hostel. The staff were lovely but your symbol is wrong - I only saw women workers.

• Russia, Female, 18-24
23rd Feb 2017
7.7

It was not very easy to find this hostel, it is located quite far from the center. It took us about 25 min to get there, because the road goes uphill. But if you ask locals, they will show you a short way - about 10-12 min walking. The staff is perfect and helpful, the first floor is more or less clean. But we lived on the second and it seemed that nobody had been cleaned up there for ages. Dormitory rooms smell awful, as well as toilets and showers. But the price was cheapest in Vilnius.

• Lithuania, Male, 18-24
12th Feb 2017

You get what you pay for, but for me at least i got really lucky and met a lot of cool and interesting people in the room the 6 of us shared. It's nothing glamorous but it gets the job done. Comfy beds, clean sheets, good facilities. For 5 euros a night this is perfect.

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
26th Jan 2017
4.6

Too many kids staying

• Belarus, Female, 25-30
17th Dec 2016
4.0

I didn't know the true meaning of disgust until I arrived at this hostel. It's funny they put YOUTH in their name but most people I saw were Russian men well over 40 that were drinking beer. Everything was dirty, sticky & smelly. The toilets were clogged & reeked horribly. The kitchen smelled of old kitchen & the utensils looked like they were never properly washed. I was scared to take off my boots in the room. And I definitely did not feel safe. Sure it's cheap, but it comes, well, at a price.

• Croatia, All Female Group, 25-30
8th Dec 2016
2.9

The place was dirty and neglected: chunks of spider net clumps on the wall, black stained and food covered kitchen sponges, moldy drying racks, no toilet paper, pubic hair in the shower, dusty toilet seats, calcified cattle, shower pipe and head, broken shades in the room. We had a frightening experience when there was a man standing in front of our doors for an hour in pitch black corridor. Staff showed little or no compassion for troubles we faced. Poor internet connection.