Finlay Jacks Backpackers Reviews

20 Taniwha Street, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

The guys at the desk were so helpful and great source of information. No bunk beds, nice to sleep in a regular bed. Bed was very comfortable and very warm.

I loved my stay at Finlay Jacks! It's a great hostel. The staff is very cool and helps you to book/find activities around Taupo. It was also the fist time that I had a own bathroom for every dorm. And the green area between the dorms is perfect for relaxing and enjoying a evening with friends!

Lockers in the Room would be good

A lovely hostel that I would definitely stay in again. Very comfy beds (with actual duvets! Not thin blankets). Friendly staff and a clean kitchen. And the free wifi is a nice bonus (though it didn't reach into our room, we had to use it in the common areas)

• 3rd Nov 2015

I did enjoy my stay there. I met a lot of nice people and the atmosphere was great. The stuff was really friendly. Unfortunately the kitchen was a bit dirty and sticky. A great plus: there are rooms without bunkbeds and every room has its own bathroom. Also free WiFi.

I stayed in a female dorm where one of the staff members was going on with a guest, not only once! That's a total no go! No security at all as the sliding doors are always open and no one locks them, we had a guy getting in our room one night looking for s.o.. The kitchen is alright, can be dirty in the morning if people were drinking the night before. Wifi wasn't working, I couldn't connect at all. No communal room, only tiny TV area. Only one washing machine in a messy room. Wouldn't recommend

I enjoyed my time at this hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful and good atmosphere in the hostel generally with people chatting etc. Nice decent sized kitchen and generally good facilities. Would stay here again for sure.

awesome place to stay!

Ideal location, close to the supermarkets and only a short walk to the lake. The room was very spacious. However the best thing had to be the warm kiwi welcome. Special thanks must go to Finlay behind reception for encouraging me to get out and about in Taupo and for his help with organising activities which were 'sweet as'. Fantastic start to my trip in New Zealand