Finn McCool's Giant's Causeway Hostel Reviews

32 Causeway Road, Bushmills, Bushmills, Northern Ireland

The mattress on one of the beds was very poor but overall an above average hostel with a nice atmosphere.

during my trip in Ireland it was the BEST hostel!!! so close to the giant causeway!! so fun to go there without time limitation!!

We only stayed at this adorable little hostel for one night but I loved it. It felt more like staying at someone's cozy house then staying at a hostel. The living area had a beautiful view of the hilly coastline that we enjoyed while we drank our morning coffee and delicious free breakfast :) The staff was very accommodating and even called us a cab to get into town (which really isn't even that far). We were walking distance to the Giants Causeway which was very convenient! Highly recommend

• 17th Oct 2014

When I've booked this place the rating 92%. So for me 17.50 pounds for a six bed dorms was ok. But when we arrived at the hostel it was disapointing. First the price had drop from 17.50 to 15.50 on the website. So I think they have like 'last minutes deals'. Even at 15.50 pounds I would not stay in that place. The kitchen is so greasy. The beds are so old. The breakfast is as greasy as the kitchen. The only thing about this place is that you can walk to the giant's causway.

Hi. Please dont book hostels you cant AFFORD!!!!!Our reviews are still 90% and our last 10 or so reviews almost all over 95%. Yes as its winter we somtimes do special prices for selected weeks. Its called running a business

Great Hostel! Will come again!

The best Hostel on my Irland Trip. Thank you :)

Great Hostel! And wonderful staff! Best Hostel where I ever stayed. It's more than a hostel. You can choose your breakfast and they cook it for you. And it's not only toast. They serve english breakfast! And the atmosphere is great! In the evenings, all visitors become to members of a big group, playing dart or funny games in the living room. The location is really close to the Causeway! And the staff have many advices for walking tours. I will come back to you!

Very different of the citi's hostel. We can speak more with all the persons. Maybe the rooms are a little bit small.

• 14th Sep 2014

Great location, we can to the Causeway before the tours arrive! I only meet the volunteers there, not the staff itself, but they were quite good. The house is quite cosy, although the frames in the wall could benefict from being changed to region's pictures. On the bad side: the dinner. They only made one dish every night: hamburguer with fries. I don;t think it would be that expensive to add at least a salad option to the menu.

Such a great hostel! The staff were really nice, you get a free cooked breakfast and it's so close to the giant's causeway! It's really just like staying in someone's house, so homely. Only thing- if you don't have a car, make sure you bring food and cash with you. You can get basics at the hostel, and you can buy a burger at the hostel in the evening, but there aren't really any towns (or cash machines) within walking distance.

Fantastic location for the Causeway and other local attractions, stunning view from the sun room down to the sea! Great cooked breakfast which was a real surprise from a hostel!

As I had no previous experience of hostels, I was preparing for the worst on booking this. I was over the moon when we arrived - it is a lovely place. The rooms are very clean, the beds comfortable and it is in a really fantastic location. The free breakfast in the morning was a great touch and really set us up for the day. I'd love to stay again.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Considering it is one of the very few hostels on the remote coastline and is the very first hostel when you get off the bus at giants causeway, it is a decent choice for a short stay. The staff were kind and helpful and the place was clean, only that it was so noisy at night that we couldnt get asleep. Other guests sounded like they were watching a movie and made much noise...

This was a cozy place - especially the room with a view towards the ocean. If I go back, I would stay there again.

Put something in the bathrooms for people to dry their hands. I know people were using curtains and trousers, which is not always nice. Also, would have been much better to pay extra for the 4 bed in the event that we would have more space. Staff were brilliant. Breakfast excellent (except sometimes cold). Beautiful surroundings. Could have more information on local pubs and restaurants for advice on where to go and what to expect???? Cool - that's Finn McCool - hostel. 1 of our fav

So lovely being so close to the causeway! Beds were good and everything was clean. Would go back.

Very nice location, great view for sunset and breakfast.

The location is absolutely amazing! You can get to the Giant's Causeway before the tourist groups. A lot of buses to Bushmills and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. The staff was very helpful and we were blown away by the fact that you order breakfast and they make it on the spot for you. The only downside would be that the breakfast size was fixed and you had to pay a little extra if you wanted more. We didn't mind, though! The hostel is a cozy house with good, clean rooms. Would gladly recommend!

After two average hostels we found here a perfect hostel. Wonderfully cute hosts. Super nice people were there and it made the evening a cozy atmosphere in the common room. It was really wonderful and we miss the time now. I can only recommend to everybody and I think this will be not be topped in the next few days. Really Wonderful. And wonderful breakfast :P ;)

We really enjoyed our stay. The hostel was full while we were there and I felt that there were not enough showers for everybody. Otherwise, the breakfast was tasty and the idea of being able to buy a dinner in the evening in the hostel was excellent as it is quite remote. The staff could not have been more friendly or more helpful. Well done!!

• 29th Jul 2014