Finn McCool's Giant's Causeway Hostel Reviews

32 Causeway Road, Bushmills, Bushmills, Northern Ireland

I cannot say enough good things. This is the only place to stay if you are visiting the Causeway.

• 19th Nov 2014

During a two week whirlwind trip through the UK and the Republic of Ireland, this was our favorite hostel. We loved the peaceful views of rolling fields in all directions and the clean and cozy rooms. It was also really nice that a big hot breakfast was included and prepared to order! We enjoyed how close it was to the Causeway and that there was table tennis and darts to play in the evenings.

• 10th Nov 2014

Such a good deal staying at this hostel!!! It was too good to be true, especially with how marvelous the place is - very cosy and warm. Only issue was the wifi was a little iffy sometimes but altogether I fully recommend this place.

Feel like home. every of my friend said.. but the wifi is very slow....

The mattress on one of the beds was very poor but overall an above average hostel with a nice atmosphere.

during my trip in Ireland it was the BEST hostel!!! so close to the giant causeway!! so fun to go there without time limitation!!

We only stayed at this adorable little hostel for one night but I loved it. It felt more like staying at someone's cozy house then staying at a hostel. The living area had a beautiful view of the hilly coastline that we enjoyed while we drank our morning coffee and delicious free breakfast :) The staff was very accommodating and even called us a cab to get into town (which really isn't even that far). We were walking distance to the Giants Causeway which was very convenient! Highly recommend

• 17th Oct 2014

When I've booked this place the rating 92%. So for me 17.50 pounds for a six bed dorms was ok. But when we arrived at the hostel it was disapointing. First the price had drop from 17.50 to 15.50 on the website. So I think they have like 'last minutes deals'. Even at 15.50 pounds I would not stay in that place. The kitchen is so greasy. The beds are so old. The breakfast is as greasy as the kitchen. The only thing about this place is that you can walk to the giant's causway.

Hi. Please dont book hostels you cant AFFORD!!!!!Our reviews are still 90% and our last 10 or so reviews almost all over 95%. Yes as its winter we somtimes do special prices for selected weeks. Its called running a business

Great Hostel! Will come again!

The best Hostel on my Irland Trip. Thank you :)

Great Hostel! And wonderful staff! Best Hostel where I ever stayed. It's more than a hostel. You can choose your breakfast and they cook it for you. And it's not only toast. They serve english breakfast! And the atmosphere is great! In the evenings, all visitors become to members of a big group, playing dart or funny games in the living room. The location is really close to the Causeway! And the staff have many advices for walking tours. I will come back to you!

Very different of the citi's hostel. We can speak more with all the persons. Maybe the rooms are a little bit small.

• 14th Sep 2014

It was a very nice stay for us! It's a lovely place, the GIant's causeway is very close. It's located in a beautiful area, and there was a few people in the hostel. That's good, because it was like to be home. Loved it very very much!!! :)

Great location, we can to the Causeway before the tours arrive! I only meet the volunteers there, not the staff itself, but they were quite good. The house is quite cosy, although the frames in the wall could benefict from being changed to region's pictures. On the bad side: the dinner. They only made one dish every night: hamburguer with fries. I don;t think it would be that expensive to add at least a salad option to the menu.

Such a great hostel! The staff were really nice, you get a free cooked breakfast and it's so close to the giant's causeway! It's really just like staying in someone's house, so homely. Only thing- if you don't have a car, make sure you bring food and cash with you. You can get basics at the hostel, and you can buy a burger at the hostel in the evening, but there aren't really any towns (or cash machines) within walking distance.

Fantastic location for the Causeway and other local attractions, stunning view from the sun room down to the sea! Great cooked breakfast which was a real surprise from a hostel!

As I had no previous experience of hostels, I was preparing for the worst on booking this. I was over the moon when we arrived - it is a lovely place. The rooms are very clean, the beds comfortable and it is in a really fantastic location. The free breakfast in the morning was a great touch and really set us up for the day. I'd love to stay again.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Considering it is one of the very few hostels on the remote coastline and is the very first hostel when you get off the bus at giants causeway, it is a decent choice for a short stay. The staff were kind and helpful and the place was clean, only that it was so noisy at night that we couldnt get asleep. Other guests sounded like they were watching a movie and made much noise...

This was a cozy place - especially the room with a view towards the ocean. If I go back, I would stay there again.

Put something in the bathrooms for people to dry their hands. I know people were using curtains and trousers, which is not always nice. Also, would have been much better to pay extra for the 4 bed in the event that we would have more space. Staff were brilliant. Breakfast excellent (except sometimes cold). Beautiful surroundings. Could have more information on local pubs and restaurants for advice on where to go and what to expect???? Cool - that's Finn McCool - hostel. 1 of our fav

« first « Prev 1 2 3