Finn McCool's Giant's Causeway Hostel Reviews

32 Causeway Road, Bushmills, Bushmills, Northern Ireland

Very different of the citi's hostel. We can speak more with all the persons. Maybe the rooms are a little bit small.

• 14th Sep 2014

Great location, we can to the Causeway before the tours arrive! I only meet the volunteers there, not the staff itself, but they were quite good. The house is quite cosy, although the frames in the wall could benefict from being changed to region's pictures. On the bad side: the dinner. They only made one dish every night: hamburguer with fries. I don;t think it would be that expensive to add at least a salad option to the menu.

Fantastic location for the Causeway and other local attractions, stunning view from the sun room down to the sea! Great cooked breakfast which was a real surprise from a hostel!

As I had no previous experience of hostels, I was preparing for the worst on booking this. I was over the moon when we arrived - it is a lovely place. The rooms are very clean, the beds comfortable and it is in a really fantastic location. The free breakfast in the morning was a great touch and really set us up for the day. I'd love to stay again.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Considering it is one of the very few hostels on the remote coastline and is the very first hostel when you get off the bus at giants causeway, it is a decent choice for a short stay. The staff were kind and helpful and the place was clean, only that it was so noisy at night that we couldnt get asleep. Other guests sounded like they were watching a movie and made much noise...

This was a cozy place - especially the room with a view towards the ocean. If I go back, I would stay there again.

Put something in the bathrooms for people to dry their hands. I know people were using curtains and trousers, which is not always nice. Also, would have been much better to pay extra for the 4 bed in the event that we would have more space. Staff were brilliant. Breakfast excellent (except sometimes cold). Beautiful surroundings. Could have more information on local pubs and restaurants for advice on where to go and what to expect???? Cool - that's Finn McCool - hostel. 1 of our fav

So lovely being so close to the causeway! Beds were good and everything was clean. Would go back.

Very nice location, great view for sunset and breakfast.

The location is absolutely amazing! You can get to the Giant's Causeway before the tourist groups. A lot of buses to Bushmills and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. The staff was very helpful and we were blown away by the fact that you order breakfast and they make it on the spot for you. The only downside would be that the breakfast size was fixed and you had to pay a little extra if you wanted more. We didn't mind, though! The hostel is a cozy house with good, clean rooms. Would gladly recommend!

After two average hostels we found here a perfect hostel. Wonderfully cute hosts. Super nice people were there and it made the evening a cozy atmosphere in the common room. It was really wonderful and we miss the time now. I can only recommend to everybody and I think this will be not be topped in the next few days. Really Wonderful. And wonderful breakfast :P ;)

We really enjoyed our stay. The hostel was full while we were there and I felt that there were not enough showers for everybody. Otherwise, the breakfast was tasty and the idea of being able to buy a dinner in the evening in the hostel was excellent as it is quite remote. The staff could not have been more friendly or more helpful. Well done!!

• 29th Jul 2014

Great location for the Giants Causway and Bushmills. The staff were friendly and polite. The dining area has a great scenic view. We stayed as a family of two children and one adult and there is table tennis and darts available.

A bike shed would be appreciated (although there are bike stands.)

I had a great stay at Finn McCool's Hostel, even though it was just one night. The staff was nice and welcoming, the view from the windows is really great. The rooms and bathrooms were really clean. The location is perfect, just a 5 minutes' walk from Giants' Causeway, yet the hostel itself is really quiet though so close to a big attraction. The facilities are great (table tennis, darts...). I just found the beds to be a bit noisy when you turn around, but that was the case in other hostels too

This hostel was very cozy and it felt like a home away from home. The morning view from the indoor patio while eating a delicious breakfast was also amazing. Would recommend! :)

This hostel is actually more of a house! Very comfortable, clean, and quiet. The location is perfect! A short walk and you are right at the Causeway so you can go back for sunset! I would definitely recommend staying here. If you are arriving by bus, you can ask the driver to let you off at the hostel, but if you miss the stop, it's just a short walk back on the main road. Also, I would bring food with you if you don't have a car and wish to cook your own dinner. No grocery nearby.

Positives: This was an amazing experience for my daughter and I. We had a relaxing time and met some great people. The location was perfect for the Giant's Causeway and other local sights. The house staff was exceptional!! Negatives: The shower curtain was very moldy and the bottom bunks were just mattresses on the floor. Recommendation: Needs better signage for locating.

Confortable place to spend a night near of Giant's Causeway

Amazing staff and atmosphere. It would be good to specify that, even though the hostel is technically in Bushmill's, one must NOT enter Bushmill's to reach the hostel, but rather continue walking on the coastal path.

• 27th Jun 2014