Finnegan's Hostel Reviews

17 Denny Street, Kerry, Tralee, Ireland

Really good location and cheap. However there is no security at all, no locks on the doors and easy for someone to just walk in. There is no common room or place to hang out. The hostel is also a tea rooms so the kitchen can't be used to make your own breakfast (although breakfast is provided).

Shared kitchen is used for commercial cafe during the day, so you have access only after 18:00. Staff was late to make breakfast, despite an agreed upon time, and we had t leave for our train before we it was available. Did not get our $$ back from the breakfast charge (which is extra).

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

its unusual because its also a restaurant during the day,so hostelers only get to use kitchen after 6.30pm,and cooking stuff seemed to be in another kitchen.The communal room was out of bounds when I was there as tea was being served to a funeral group.For 10 euro a night it was okay,its centrally located and breakfast was enjoyable.I would stay there again

• 22nd Aug 2014

The bedroom was full of flies and wasp's. We weren't 10 mins in the room when 1 friend got stung. I would not stay there again.

• 17th Aug 2014

Worst hostel ever! We had a booking for a dorm, we paid the deposit, then we arrived the woman said we have to pay 17€/each, instead of 7€/each.After all this we didnt get any keys to the room, you dont get anything to prove you really paid for it. Security is a joke, anyone can just walk in and out,no reception,no computer only a paper! That dorm was horrible.I couldnt sleep coz one man just walked in and out all night into our room to use the toilet. He always woke me up. I dont recomment it

Got to the hostel and they said they didnt have my booking as they dont take bookings online, even though I had the hostel world printout and all the paperwork. They tried to chrage me double the price. Couldnt even get my deposit back as they said that money went to the online site not them. I left and went somewhere else. Tralee is not a great town anyway - go to Galway ot Killarney - so much better

Hi Hanah I dont remember you and all our bookings are mostly done on line, so you could be getting us mixed up with another hostel as this happens when people are travellling , We never charge double the price if you see our prices we are the cheapest hostel in Ireland and a complimentary breakfast is included, And we have been voted no 6 out of best 10 between Ireland and UK, Thank you Eileen.

The place looks nice when you walk in, but the rooms are not ideal and the beds are uncomfortable. They overbooked my room and had people sleeping on the floor. However, the breakfast was great! Castle hostel is much better and more worth the money.

A nice place, we enjoyed our stay in a private double room. Clean and great breakfast with crepes!