Finnegan's Hostel Reviews

17 Denny Street, Kerry, Tralee, Ireland

Free Breakfast after 9 am was in the beautifull tearoom downstairs. Choice between a warm waffle with syrup and cream or toast. Lovely end to my stay at Finnegans. Didnt use kitchen. Kitchen can only be used after 6pm. Rooms are clean and nicely decorated. Beds are very ccomfortable. Unfortunately no luggage storage and can't lock room so dont leave valuables in room. Location is central, quiet and across the beautiful rose garden

It have spent some great days in the finnegan's hostel. One of my best hostel I have ever been.

• 9th Jun 2014

we found the owner to be extremely pleasant and helpful!! she checked on us two or three times to see if there was anything she could help with. The house itself was positively beautiful, and only a few minutes walk from the bus station. A super plus was having the toilet in the same room as us, no going down a hall to shower and ready for the day/night. I am an adult female, and was traveling with my 18 yr. old daughter. so two groups below should qualify

• 3rd Jun 2014

I was surprise by the management of the hostel. Nobody was here to help me. When I found someone, this person didn't give me information about the hostel (like keys, WiFi, facilities ...). The dorm was suppose to be unlocked and this is a very unsecured solution. And after the door was locked and I was unable to enter in my room. For me it was a total mess I leave on the first day.

• 25th May 2014

The hostel bedrooms were open. The hostel owner did not want to give me a key for the door!! Everyone was able to gain access to my room! At one morning, suddenly there was a foreign man standing in my room! That was scary! And at the breakfast I heard from a neighbour table that the purse of another man incl. money has been stolen during the night!!! Fortunately, nothing from my things were stolen! Hopefully today they won't go on saying, that everything is so save and that no keys were needed!

some of the staff were not so friendly. one staff member told me not to come in drunk and told me the door is locked at twelve midnight. I laughed and told her I may be a little later than that. I got a code for the door to get in but this did not work. there was a male member of staff to let me in. Basic but that's all I wanted, so very pleased.

• 20th May 2014

Everything was wonderful ! Beautiful rooms, GREAT breakfast, nice staff !

• 4th May 2014

hallo:) That hostel is so unique, when you step through the door is like, that you are in a storytale.. Place is located in the middle of the happening area, kitchen and dining room are very nice decorated. Perfect morning with a cup of a tea and warm breakfast, enjoying in a view and feeling happy, to be there. :) Thank you all for your company and we are looking forward to see you again.. Barbara, Katja, Helena

Thank you for your lovely comment, there are not too many hostels in Ireland like Finnegans, with the award winning tea room on the first floor where you have your breakfast in the morning, and the old finnegans wine cellar restaurant in the basement, up stairs you have the hostel where all the rooms have recently decorated, visit us on www.finneganshostel.ie, once again thank you so much for your nice comment, as a lot of hard work goes into it, we hope to see you again, from all the staff .

grand old spot for a one nighter, handy for the town centre and staff were very friendly and informative, would stay again.

The hostel is just lovely. The dorm looks nice and the bed sheets smell clean, something incredible to be a hostel. My favourite part was the breakfast in the tea room downstairs- big pot of coffee/tea and a scone. Close to the centre and lovely staff. The value for money is great.