5.5
Rating 347 Total Reviews
5.5
Rating 347 Total Reviews
Finnegan's Hostel Located at 17 Denny Street, Kerry, Tralee.
Ireland

• leandraticianel
  • Brazil, Couple, 18-24
21st Jul 2016
4.6

At the time of check-in the receptionist had no change so we payed 2,40 euro more.We were in a mixed 10 bed bedroom with a super drunk guy who during the night sneaked out to my bed and laid down. I kicked him out but we were afraid, as it was only him and us in the bedroom so we were changed to a different empty room. In the morning a different, rude receptionist was pretending not to know English while a lady was complaining about something.

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
1st Jul 2016

When we arrived we met the lovely owner Eileen who told us she overbooked us and therefore she arranged for us to stay at the Tralee Holiday Lodge. When we arrived there, the owner Matt was absolutely horrible and wanted us to pay 30 euros more which we refused to pay. He yelled at us and was swearing, his behaviour was appalling. We were so lucky that Eileen sorted everything out and that we didn't need to pay the 30 euros extra! She was amazing and breakfast was superb!!

• USA, Male, 18-24
4th Jun 2016
8.0

Overall I can't say much for the place so I'm leaving a decent review; they seemed nice. Only issue I had was hostelword screwed up my booking; when I arrived I did not have a room. Even after paying the booking fee no room. I must say this for Finnegan's; they were extremely helpful in finding me a new place to stay. It seems like this had occurred before. My advice is to stay at Finnegan's but DO NOT USE THIS SITE TO BOOK. Go to booking.com or hotels.com. Also the booking guarantee is rubb

• Germany, Female, 18-24
3rd Jun 2016
2.6

It's the worst hostel I've ever been to!!! The stuff was so unfriendly, there was no reception, the room was dirty, the beds were damaged and not safe. The toilet was broken and the water came out of the toilet when I used the flushing. We were lucky and got our money back, thanks god that we found another hostel in the area. Never again!!!

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
2nd Jun 2016

If you're driving, there is on-street parking for free if you can wait til later in the day when spots start to open up. It's really close to the park and the visitor info center. They offer tea and toast for breakfast at 8am in their tearooms. This is where I started to realize linen included doesn't always mean a top sheet. We had the whole room to ourselves. Other than a few couches in the upstairs hallway, there's not much common area space to chill out in. Overall a good place to stay.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
5th May 2016

Perfect stay for an overnight stopover. Friendly staff and good facilities. Anthony was most friendly and helpful. Many thanks.