Fira backpackers place Reviews

Fira down town, fira, Santorini, Greece

very good location. can find everything you needed but dont expect too much

Average. Good for a short stay. Positive: big dorm with a locker big enough to store a 60l suitcase. Location: close to bus station and fira pedestrian area. Negative: accept only cash. Very noisy place, could not sleep before 2 am. Mattress hard. Quite difficult to find the location of the hostel even with the indication.

This hostel had a good atmosphere and it was really easy to meet other people! It was also nice how the rooms and bathrooms were cleaned everyday and that they had a vending machine with water as well as a shared kitchen. For the price it would've been nice if they also included breakfast. One thing to note is that it's located on the street BEFORE the kiosk not after. That caused me to get a little lost. Also the Wi-Fi connection there wasn't that great and barely worked in the rooms

• 1st Jul 2015

It was a little expensive for what we got. Was in a good location, however wifi wasn't reliable and didn't pick up in the room.

It's a really nice hostel!! Good location and helpful staff!! But the wifi can be better. :)

Wifi is very poor and was hard to stay connected, it kept dropping out every few minutes or less in our room. Was a bit better downstairs near reception. Found it a bit frustrating that you have to pay cash for your stay upfront on arrival- we definitely weren't aware of this condition and therefore didn't have over 300 euros on us. Other than that the staff were nice and the place was clean.

• 23rd Jun 2015

It was quite hard to find right hotels with good location in Santorini during peak time. So I put more importance on location because couldn't find right hotel over a week. Then I just find a few places here in this hostel, I hesitated a bit because it is not a hotel but no other choices. Without any expectation I went there, then figured it out this hostel was better than I imagined. Perfect location, Very very nice staff! well facilities, I did not expect high standard, didn't matter. Try it!

Definitely a very average hostel. Not very clean. Atmosphere was great in the evenings!

Everything I needed. Great location and value. Was moderately comfortable, noisey if you stay in dorms in the front by the outdoor patio but nothing earplugs cant handle. Spacious bathroom shower. Super friendly and helpful staff! They rock!! Wi-fi very spotty in front dorms but not the end of the world. Big locker with lock. Towel and sheets and blanket provided. Social atmosphere. They have a sister hostel in Perissa Beach which is fabulous!!

Facilities were good but rooms weren't great. Quite small and bedding all seemed not that clean. Communal facilities were really good but the hostel was very expensive relative to other accommodation. If you aren't a single traveller it is cheaper and easier to stay in some hotels in a similar location.

Great hostel! Do yourself a favour and rent ATVs for at least a day to explore the island! So much fun and worth the money. Rooms are clean and facilities are good. Location is perfect crawling distance from the clubs and pubs. Great place to stay!

This was a nice place for our stay in Fira. Clean, central, location close to the bus station was especially convenient. The crowd was a bit young when we were there, seemed to be primarily young women in their early 20s when we were there but it was a good budget option. Liked the balcony with a table and chairs in our room very much, also.

Awesome place to stay for young travelers! The environment is great with a ton of young people ready to go out and do activities, and at night ready to party. The staff was helpful and had some decent deals for tours but look around the city first because there are better offers out there for ATVs and tours. The facilities were ok but it's a pretty low maintenance place so don't have very high expectations. Other than that I had an incredible time there because of the people I met.

stayed for 3 nights. just a simple and inexpensive hostel. the only issue was a very poor wifi connection everyday even in the lobby.

Decent hostel, close to Fira old town, nice staff and common area. Pool is small, wifi is very poor quality, bathrooms are alright..

Great hostel. Wonderful staff who are genuine and helpful. The location was perfect. Everything is in walking distance. All facilities were comfortable. I highly recommend this hostel!

• 14th Jun 2015

The hostel had a great atmosphere and was filled with other backpackers who you could share experiences with. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Also, being so close to the bus station was very convenient since you pretty much take the public bus to go everywhere on the island.

I was staying in a private room with private ensuite. Was very clean. My only big issue was the shower. Paying 60+ Euro's a night I would expect the shower to work however instead it was dribbling out on the shower head and even at one stage completely stopped even though the tap was as high as it could go. Other than this, everything was great.

• 11th Jun 2015

BED BUGS. Stay away! I told reception and the man said I was mistaken. Uhh I didn't have bites at night then I had them in the morning. Where else could I have gotten them?? I also checked the mattress and showed the man the signs of bed bugs because he was in denial. He said I might have allergies. AND... The sink was tiny. The shower head was broken so you have to hold it the whole time. The room light is so dim you can barely see at night. The wifi is SLOW.

We had a wonderful stay in Fira and it was nice to stay at Fira Backpackers Place. The staff was very helpful with maps and tips on where to go and what to do. The rooms were comfy and luckily our roommates were great. At night there can be some rude people out on the patio until 3 or 4 am being super loud-just pack some ear plugs. The bathroom floods a bit but that's pretty usual in Europe. Could have used a bit more cleaning but overall a great stay.

• 11th Jun 2015