Fira backpackers place Reviews

Fira down town, fira, Santorini, Greece

Crowded with Aussie busabouters and not the cleanest but a convienient location.

All the toilets were consistently broken and leaking all over the bathrooms and they were never fixed... Facilities were very poor

Hostel rooms were really clean, comfy beds and excellent security lockers. The staff were amazingly helpful, and he location is so great if you want to be in the centre of everything. I enjoyed my time there but it would be better if they organised more activities as a hostel eg pub crawls. Highly recommend staying at Fira

This place is in a really great location and its nice that they have a sittinf area outside that you can sit after going out in the city. I met a lot of cool people there. The city is awesome!! Its only like a 2 minute walk from the hostel. We shared a room with 1 other girl and we had our own shower. I would definately recommend staying here!!

Awesome staff and awesome location, bathrooms were alright but much better than other places I've been to. Pricey although expected for Santorini.

Best location of any hostel near pubs clubs and restaurants. Although staff aren't the youthful backpackers you normally find they can help you with just about anything. Kitchen has all utensils so you can cook when you're sick of gyros. Big common areas so easy to meet people. Big con was that Bathrooms in dorms were filthy. Had to use common shower and toilet in hallways. Need to be cleaned more regularly. Other patrons complained that sheets on beds unclean. Overall expensive for what you get

Staff were nice. Bathroom situation for the dorms was deplorable - a shower would flood the whole bathroom. Also my sheets were stained. Cleanliness obviously not a priority. Wifi in the common area was good but couldn't get it in the rooms. Great location so put up with the rest.

Met some amazing people at this hostel, would definitely stay again.

I had a four bed female dorm, but our bathroom was not nice :( the floor was always wet, the shower curtain mouldy, the shower head barely worked and even worse, the toilet seat was completely broken and did not sit on the toilet properly.

The rooms were a little cramped, but overall I enjoyed the hostel. Word of warning: This hostel is on the route for Austrailan Bus Abouts so when I was there the entire hostel was filled with Australian girls traveling together through Greece and their tour guides. Literally 60 of them. Other than that, close to the center of Fira and right by the bus stop, which makes it really easy to get to the other parts of Santorini.

Great spot, awesome employees. Disappointing about the noise rules. We were asked to keep quiet in the common room from 9pm. I thought this was a bit excessive based on a request from one other guest.

Not recommended for adults. Private room smelled like a sewer; flushed toilet, toilet water came out of bottom of toilet, shower was not useable....slept one night with clothes and shoes on, and left and stayed in Kamari...a palace for the same price!

• 6th Jul 2014

We stayed in a private double for two nights and absolutely loved it! Great staff, great atmosphere. And really right in the center of Fira :)

It was a nice location, right near all the night life of Fira but not so close that you can't get a good sleep. Just a 5 minute walk to the main bus station which was perfect. The beds were comfortable and the shower was nice and clean. We really enjoyed our stay.

• 4th Jul 2014

8 bed dorm was very cramped. They put beds in room like sardines in a tincan. They're also expensive for the room you get. If this hostel really deserved their rating on hostelworld, then they would've only put 3 or 4 beds in that 8 bed dormitory.

Enjoyed my stay here. Staff were extremely helpful. A+

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Great hostel, even though we only stayed for one night. Big lockers in the rooms were nice with locks included, free laundry facilities which was awesome, and comfortable beds in spacious rooms and good Wifi. The shower in our room wasn't amazing but it was clean. Nice kitchen and common area too :) They also let us check in early, and the location was fantastic, 1 min walk from the main bus stop and 5 mins from the centre of town. Would definitely have liked to stay a few more nights!

In general this hostel is a really good option.The staff were really nice, they showed me were to go and what to do. The rooms and bathroom clean. The AC was good too. Also laundry facilities made my stay much easier.

We had a wonderful stay at Fira Backpackers Hostel and found it to be exactly what we expected with a very friendly staff and wonderful, clean dorms.

The shower in our dormroom bathroom was just one of those loose nozzles, but no shower curtain. Apart from that minor issues, it was great!

« first « Prev 1 2 3