Fira backpackers place Reviews

Fira down town, fira, Santorini, Greece

We got yelled at for talking in the courtyard prior to midnight which was unnecessary. The shiwer was very small and leaked all over the bathroom floor. Its saving grace was that it is close to the square.

Booked a 4 bedroom with ensuite, a little small but was fine. Great location, 5-10 minute walk to all the shops and bars. Plenty of food and bike/scooter hire options in the area. Staff were helpful. Free washing machine but there's only 1 and it sprays out water the whole time. Not the most social because it's a busabout stop and they stick together, but still alright. Would stay again

It was very pleasent to stay at this hostel since it is located in a very nice, calm location a few steps away from the center of santorini. Good hostel for young people, very nice welcoming, nice staff.

Not a fan at all of the shower over the toilet. I refused to use it and had to wait until the single common shower was ready, which wasn't much better. That aside a great hostel.

I stayed in the round bungalows (2 person female share, shared bathroom) up the top of the hill, luckily I wasn't too far from the 1 toilet block for the whole hillside. In my half of the room there was tree rubbish on my bed that had fallen through the gutter and the front half of my roof was slowly falling in. I only paid €10 so I guess you get what you pay for. For that amount the accom was quite good, but for only a couple of dollars more you can get a lot better quAlity.

Dorms were very good: private lockers, private light in beds, private bathrooms (only the shower was ouside the bedrooms). Staff was very helpfull. Very good location.

The sheets, the towels and above all the bathroom were really dirty and discusting. That's too bad cause the others things were good (the staff is kind, the place and the people were fine and there is a little pool!). It's a good place for 3 night max but not more!!!!

Not the cleanest hostel I've stayed at and it's full with people from bisabout

This hostel was very overpriced for the facilities. The rooms were very small but the beds were decent sizes. Good location, close to fira town centre

Security - not the greatest when I arrived they made a mistake with the bed allocations. So they took out a girls bag and valuables from her locked locker and just left them in the room. Really didn't like that!! Location is excellent.. 2 min walk from village and bus stop. Shower always floods cos the curtain is too short... So many people and commented on this but still nothing done about it!! Busabouts are there but no problem! Value for money not that great but would stay there again

base for fewnights

Fira Backpackers Place is in a very good area of Fira. They offer lots of services. Staff us friendly all the time. Just the price is not the best - but for few days it is worth it.

Very nice hostel which was close to the bus station and close to food,bars.transport and other services.The staff were excellent and it had a very good kitchen. The pool,small, but very refreshing after experiencing a day out at the picture post card Santorini.

Good enough for a basic accommodation. The bathroom was poorly arranged and our shower nozzle sprayed everywhere, so it was always pretty gross. That's my primary complaint. Also, it's a Busabout hostel, so it can be hard to get to know people in between the giant groups of people. However, location is quite good and it's reasonably priced.

I had friends staying at another hostel and they were able to walk in and out as they pleased to our hostel. The pool is nice but incredibly small. There is a vending machine in the kitchen with snacks and beer and cider but it closes pretty early. The rooms are nice but very small (I was in a 6 person) and there is nowhere to put your luggage. There are lockers to lock up valuables. The shower always got the floor soaking wet which was sort of gross. Not a bad place, just not great.

Staff weren't very friendly or helpful. Air con was broken on our first night but fixed for out second. Paid the same price for a private room in another Island so seemed a bit pricey

Staff is very incompetent. They sell excursions without mentionning the fact that they don't include entry tickets to the advertised activities. They then proceed to blame the customer and offer no help, They are incredibly rude and disorganized. I would never recommend this place.

• 8th Aug 2014

I enjoyed our stay at Firas. The staff was very friendly and there is a good common area where it is easy to meet people. However, we do think that out 10 bed dorm was slightly over priced for what it was. I guess that's Santorini though!

Good location in fira. Staff was amazing during check in with giving directions and info about Santorini. Clean, nice common areas, Don't expect too much from the "pool" as it is one of the smallest pools I've encountered. If you do choose to rent an atv I recommend shopping around for better deals rather than going with the company suggested by the hostel.

I had a lovely stay at Fira Backpackers. It's close to the heart of Fira but quiet enough to come back and relax at night. Room was fresh and light and ladies made regular visits to clean the bathroom for us. It's a great idea having a washing machine internally as well, such a saviour!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5