Firehouse Hostel Reviews

605 Brazos Street, Austin, USA

http://www.photopeopleplaces.com See the full review on my Blog :)

This hostel is in a ideal location for anyone looking to visit Austin. It's right off 6th street so you don't have far to stumble back after a night of heavy drinking. The breakfast was very nice and there was a variety of things to eat and the security is very good! There was some construction going on on our floor so things did get a little dusty but we can't blame them for improving their facilities. Overall pretty good place.

Great hostel and I would stay here again. Clean sheets, a GREAT breakfast, fast free wifi, cute bar downstairs and awesome location. Only negatives are that they don't have great kitchen facilities which isn't a problem if you don't plan on cooking but I usually do to save money (their portable hob didn't work so all I had to work with was the microwave). Also if the staff member isn't at the desk which is quite often then randoms can wander upstairs into the hostel, rooms did have locks though.

Location is amazing for Austin could not fault, staff were helpful and friendly will definitely be back! The only thing I feel needs improving shower and toilet facilities.

Amazing hostel! Great location, great people, great room! I had so much fun staying here, defenitly will stay again

It's in an old firehouse so the building is a bit cold and grotty in places - for example, the bathrooms... but the staff are cool, the deluxe dorm beds are definitely worth the extra 3 bucks (sturdier bunks, your own lamp and power outlet, more privacy) and the breakfast is fantastic for a hostel.

One of the best hostels ive ever stayed at

They allowed me to store my bags hours after check-out. Friendly staff and excellent location.

• 20th Feb 2015

Our hostel stay was wonderful. The staff was approachable, helpful, and fun. The location was perfect, near sixth street and within walking distance to everything else. It was great overall.

There was a mixup with my room and staff tried to move me at 2am, when I was already half asleep. On the other hand, I had to leave a day early, and the hostel refunded my last night's reservation, but I got attitude when asking. Overall, GREAT location, GOOD facilities and crowd, FAIR to POOR staffing. If you want to be closest to 6th street for as cheap as possible, this is still the answer.

Excellent experience at this hostel. Location, location, location. This hostel is in downtown Austin. A walking distance from everything. Perfect. Then the staff is super friendly, the atmosphere is chill, it's not too big so you get to know people very easily. The rooms are nice, not the comfiest bed ever (you feel like you sleep in a hammock sometimes) but it does the trick. The washrooms are also nice and clean. I HIGHLY recommend this hostel, as chill as Austin can be.

The location of this hostel is excellent, right in the middle of downtown! If you don't have a car this is an absolutely ideal place to stay. The hostel was very clean and well kept, the only complain I have was that it was very noisy in the evenings.

The room was really cold but this is the only negative I can say about this hostel, it was perfectly located, the staff were really friendly especially the younger guy on the desk when I checked in and all the bars are just around the corner. Loved Austin and this hostel.

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean facilities and safe 'no outside guests' policy. Location is great if you are looking for night life but is so close that the streets are pretty noisy until 2-3 am. Overall great experience!

• 16th Jan 2015

great stay at firehouse, perfect location and atmosphere, lots of awesome people. For sure that we are going to be back!

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Rooms by the kitchen are very noisy. It would help if the kitchen door was closed in the mornings especially as the kitchen opens at 6am! Hostel bar was awesome, love small bars!

LOVED THIS HOSTEL. Great location, super cool bar downstairs, and the best hostel breakfast I've ever had. Loved the kitchen space - the communal table was great for meeting people over breakfast. Only gripe was the dorm was a bit cramped. But the bathrooms were always clean and tidy, which was a plus. The staff were super helpful in recommending a doctor for me to visit, which I really appreciated. Would definitely recommend!

Around average.

Incredible staff and great hostel! Thank you so much, we had a great time and will definitely recommend!

• 27th Dec 2014