Firehouse Hostel Reviews

605 Brazos Street, Austin, USA

The location is amazing and is just around tj corner from all of the bars. The room itself wasn't great as it was absolutely freezing and the toilets/showers weren't the best. Good breakfast though!

I loved it here. Right in the heart if Austin the hostel is brilliantly placed and I met so many people here it really made my stay. Also the hostel runs some great activities and the bar through the bookcase is just brilliant.

We had a great time in the hostel! The people and location were great and I was very impressed by the facilities and cleanliness.

We had a good stay, probably saved by the staff who let us change rooms for a quieter one. Austin is a very lively city and the customers here can be a bit messy.

This is the best hostel in the whole of America in the best city of the whole of America in my opinion! Staff are really friendly, BEST location, coolest people pass through it and heaps of fun activities! You cannot have a bad time here! I was due to stay for around 4 days and just kept extending it because I loved it so much!

I loved this hostel. Great location, sociable kitchen area with good facilities. The pub crawl is definitely worth going on. Also found the bed comfy, and liked the way there was a little bit more privacy than a standard bunkbed. Only downside is occasionally the noise from the bar/ kitchen, but that's pretty standard for a hostel.

Great location, decent staff, but facilities need to be updated/fixed and rooms/bathrooms/common rooms could definitely be a lot cleaner!

A little bit noisy after 11pm .

Common room was tiny. need more common areas.

• 28th Jul 2014

Breakfast was great however on arrival it should be explained the times it is available etc. location is excellent. Reception staff were very helpful.

Good but pricey. Free breakfast. Very flexible bag storage policy. Beds are like baths.

This is a great hostel with a lot of character right in the heart of 6th Street next to all the bars and clubs that have live music. Great location for bar hopping etc, far enough away from the main strip though that you can still get some sleep. Very clean and friendly staff and it has one of the coolest bars you'll ever see!

• 25th Jul 2014

8 bed mixed dorm - Hostel excellent location with helpful staff. Cool bar with good variety of drinks & the beds were comfy. The cleanliness of the rooms was bad though. Clean sheets, but the solid bed-bases had dirt, other peoples hair & other nastiness at the sides. The Men's toilet/showers on 2nd floor (and 3rd floor) didn't seem to get cleaned at all during our stay, and parts of the building seemed pretty run down. Broken door handles in the cubicles and loose shower fittings.

Right on 6th street. Amazing bar downstairs. The 2nd floor kitchen is the central heart and social mixing pot at this place. Cleaned everyday and very good looking in fit out and decoration.

Firehouse is an excellent hostel, really helpful staff, good breakfast with fruit and good showers and rooms. There is a music place there as well, so there is music playing every night until midnight. This didn't bother me because I can sleep many places and I was on the second floor. Make sure to go east of six, if you want more local music.

Overall it was ok, but there wasn't enough stress or information for guests on when quiet hours were. Because it was so close to 6th street, I certainly understand that people are on vacation to drink every night, but the staff should have been stricter with quiet hours or a common area farther from the rooms. Other than that, great breakfast each morning, relatively clean, good showers.

This hostel is the best hostel I have stayed in in the states! The location is better than excellent! The facilities are clean and tidy, the excursion are ran by a differ met company but everything is so much fun, and simple to book at the hostel. The staff are super friendly and will help you out with anything! Mariana one of the owners is the nicest lady I have ever met! Went out of her way to show us the true Texas! She really made our stay and I will be coming back!

• 25th Jun 2014

Had a great time here, excellent location!

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel! It was my first time staying at a hostel, and I would absolutely recommend Firehouse. It was maintained, clean, free breakfast in the morning, safe, and has a cool bar/lounge area downstairs. They also have earplugs as well. I had a blast here in Austin, and likely will stay here again next time I visit. Only notice was the first night it was freezing, and the second night it was HOT. Just come prepared.

• 13th Jun 2014