Firehouse Hostel Reviews

605 Brazos Street, Austin, USA

Breakfast was great if a little over the top. Bar downstairs good. Great location. Shame the bar crawl was cancelled just because of a little rain.

Poor WiFi made it hard for us to arrange things. Clean and well catered.

I gave "poor"mark to facilities because of the bathroom.Personally I feel that only minimal investment may be needed to make bathroom a more pleasant area.For instance wooden countertop around sink is an area where just a nice one made of formica or even artificial stone would make that area looking much better,kept clean and dry unlike what iy looks today..Shower head in the stall that I had used is loose and cannot be adjusted.As I said these are not big and I certainly think expensive .

• 31st Oct 2014

I was in austin for the F1 and could not have picked a better place! Its a bit cramped to in the rooms but as a base its ideal. Large breakfast area with a great choice of goodies and a computer for residents. My room included charge points by the beds and privacy screens! Would happily stay here again!

Staff were super helpful in offering advice on best bars and restaurants around. Super clean place and cool speakeasy bar downstairs. Good breakfast on offer too! Those muffins....:)

• 27th Oct 2014

The best breakfast I've ever had in any hostel and it betters most good hotels too. Great location, helpful staff, handy info about places to eat out and visit on the wall and good bar attached.

• 26th Oct 2014

Great hostel, located right in the centre. Met some great people here. Don't even have to leave the building to see live music!

The breakfast is excellent and location is in prime area of sixth street

Love this place! I highly recommend it to all backpackers or if you are just passing through. It's safe and at a great location. The staff was fantastic!

• 24th Oct 2014

If you want to be in downtown Austin, there is no better place. Everything was within about a half-hour walking, and even the airport is a half-hour, $1.50 bus ride away. Even though the hostel sits atop a bar, there was never a noise issue. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and I met some great folks from all across the world. Would definitely, definitely stay here again.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Excellent!!!!! Everything perfect!! They have all the facilities, cleaness, location and atmosphere you can ask for! Totally recommended!

Loved it! The location is great. Rooms clean, bathroom clean, breakfast was great! Loved the speak easy bar in the place. Live music was decent.

• 13th Oct 2014

The staff was AWESOME. I got in late after ACL and the woman who checked me in helped me order a sandwich from a nearby delivery place. I felt like she really wanted to make sure I was taken care of. The location is EXCELLENT, right between 6th and 7th streets. Not the cleanest place I've stayed in, and it was pretty loud outside. But the staff were awesome, and it was fine for a place to crash.

Perfect location, clean and great staff. There was a problem in the room I was staying with one of the people there and they quickly solved it.

• 9th Oct 2014

Loved everything. Just stay here.

The location is amazing and is just around tj corner from all of the bars. The room itself wasn't great as it was absolutely freezing and the toilets/showers weren't the best. Good breakfast though!

I loved it here. Right in the heart if Austin the hostel is brilliantly placed and I met so many people here it really made my stay. Also the hostel runs some great activities and the bar through the bookcase is just brilliant.

We had a great time in the hostel! The people and location were great and I was very impressed by the facilities and cleanliness.

We had a good stay, probably saved by the staff who let us change rooms for a quieter one. Austin is a very lively city and the customers here can be a bit messy.

This is the best hostel in the whole of America in the best city of the whole of America in my opinion! Staff are really friendly, BEST location, coolest people pass through it and heaps of fun activities! You cannot have a bad time here! I was due to stay for around 4 days and just kept extending it because I loved it so much!