Firehouse Hostel Reviews

605 Brazos Street, Austin, USA

They allowed me to store my bags hours after check-out. Friendly staff and excellent location.

• 20th Feb 2015

Our hostel stay was wonderful. The staff was approachable, helpful, and fun. The location was perfect, near sixth street and within walking distance to everything else. It was great overall.

There was a mixup with my room and staff tried to move me at 2am, when I was already half asleep. On the other hand, I had to leave a day early, and the hostel refunded my last night's reservation, but I got attitude when asking. Overall, GREAT location, GOOD facilities and crowd, FAIR to POOR staffing. If you want to be closest to 6th street for as cheap as possible, this is still the answer.

Excellent experience at this hostel. Location, location, location. This hostel is in downtown Austin. A walking distance from everything. Perfect. Then the staff is super friendly, the atmosphere is chill, it's not too big so you get to know people very easily. The rooms are nice, not the comfiest bed ever (you feel like you sleep in a hammock sometimes) but it does the trick. The washrooms are also nice and clean. I HIGHLY recommend this hostel, as chill as Austin can be.

The location of this hostel is excellent, right in the middle of downtown! If you don't have a car this is an absolutely ideal place to stay. The hostel was very clean and well kept, the only complain I have was that it was very noisy in the evenings.

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean facilities and safe 'no outside guests' policy. Location is great if you are looking for night life but is so close that the streets are pretty noisy until 2-3 am. Overall great experience!

• 16th Jan 2015

great stay at firehouse, perfect location and atmosphere, lots of awesome people. For sure that we are going to be back!

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

LOVED THIS HOSTEL. Great location, super cool bar downstairs, and the best hostel breakfast I've ever had. Loved the kitchen space - the communal table was great for meeting people over breakfast. Only gripe was the dorm was a bit cramped. But the bathrooms were always clean and tidy, which was a plus. The staff were super helpful in recommending a doctor for me to visit, which I really appreciated. Would definitely recommend!

Around average.

Incredible staff and great hostel! Thank you so much, we had a great time and will definitely recommend!

• 27th Dec 2014

Top hostel, amazing location, close to dirty 6th which is great. Best hostel breakfast I've had.

The place is really good locates in Austin, close to everything the city can offer. It is clean and the staff friendly. The breakfast served in the morning is abundant.

• 14th Dec 2014

Awesome bar. Pretty noisy though. Rooms were very..... industrial (concrete floors, bolted together beds of unfinished wood, exposed air vents, single glazed windows) no power points on top bunks for chargers. Beds were super long though. Im 6'7 " and I fit fine. Kitchen was pretty good though and the location can't be beaten.

Location, location, location. Perfect for the weekend warrior or anyone wanting to be central. Pub crawls were a great way to meet people and common room was good. And breakfast was top shelf Only downside was the wifi sucks and really only works on morning or when people are out and about. Will stay here again for sure.

Great hostel right next to 6th Street in Austin. Bathrooms and showers were clean, but the bed was old and lopsided (but still manageable as a side-sleeper). Great kitchen area for meeting people. Staff was friendly enough, but they were not that helpful in finding things to do during the day, and were often not at the desk. I experienced and witnessed several instances of waiting around for the staff. Overall, great hostel and I would stay there again.

Clean rooms, friendly staff, a bar downstairs and fruit with breakfast. This is a good hostel at an amazing downtown location.

• 4th Dec 2014

Good: > The hostel was located right in the middle of the night life action. > There was a large locker under my bed which fitted my entire large suitcase Bad: > The bar downstairs was a good bar but not very practical for anyone on the second floor of the hostel as it went on till 2AM very loudly and I could not sleep. > The coffee was disgusting. > The blanket was tiny

Great hostel. Excellent location, not even a block from 6th which is where a good chunk of nightlife occurs. Walking distance to almost everything. Lovely helpful staff. Clean bathrooms, rooms and common areas. Only suggestion would be to up the wattage of the lightbulbs in the rooms. Even with the light on the rooms are very very dark. Also, try to pick a bed with a wooden frame (you'll see what I mean when you arrive). I heard these were comfier than the wire ones. Overall an excellent hostel!

I'm sure this is a great place if you're looking to party all night in Austin - but otherwise, try somewhere else. Hot, stuffy dorms and creaking beds. It is virtually on the main party drag in Downtown, but that means that you'll have music blaring away well into the small hours.

« first « Prev 1 2 3