Firehouse Hostel Reviews

605 Brazos Street, Austin, USA

The place is really great, awesome location. The coolest thing was the lounge's door and the bartenders. Very friendly environment.

Parking arrangements. They were out of parking passes the day I got there and I was told my car wouldn't get a ticket on the street cause it was after 6, I didn't get a ticket, just my car towed for 200$ to reclaim it. And the parking garage is pretty far from the hostel and in a sketchy place across from the homeless shelter

• 11th May 2015

The hostel was in a great location, and was a great place to explore Austin from. The breakfast was fantastic, and the bathrooms were nice and clean and tidy. The hostel staff were not very knowledgeable on simple questions regarding buses, also security was pretty lapse; I never showed my key card once to get in, despite there being a new member of staff on the desk each time. I would stay here again, and recommend to other travellers.

This hostel is right off of Sixth Street so there's great proximity to nightlife in Austin. The lounge downstairs is great with excellent cocktails. The lounge prices aren't really backpacker friendly, but the happy hour prices aren't bad. The staff was super friendly and helpful, with the exception of the woman who works the overnight hours. But she probably deals with lots of drunks so I forgive her general crabbiness. I stayed in a deluxe room and think it was worth the extra money.

Just a great place. It's all very clean with friendly and helpful staff. Amazing beds!!

GreAt hostel Great location Great staff very cool

Definitely the best hostel experiencing I've ever had. I was checked in by Kate who was super nice and very helpful. Location is perfect - just around the corner from the bars on 6th street and mere blocks away from the Capitol. Liked that there was staff at the front desk at all hours of the day and lockers in the room. The hostel had a super chill vibe to it - everyone would talk to everyone. Checked out with Russell who was again very nice and friendly. The only place to stay in Austin!

Great hostel, friendly staff, close to city centre and the best bar in Austin downstairs!!

You can't beat this location, it's right down town. Staff were super friendly and gave good tips of things to do/see. Met some awesome people while staying here. Definitely recommend.

http://www.photopeopleplaces.com See the full review on my Blog :)

Location is brilliant. Staff are super helpful too. They have a cool bar behind a secret wall - it's not really suited to a hostel crowd tho - it's fancy and doesn't suit a hostel vibe. I hired a bike and they let me keep it onsite and safe overnight.

This hostel is in a ideal location for anyone looking to visit Austin. It's right off 6th street so you don't have far to stumble back after a night of heavy drinking. The breakfast was very nice and there was a variety of things to eat and the security is very good! There was some construction going on on our floor so things did get a little dusty but we can't blame them for improving their facilities. Overall pretty good place.

Good breakfasts. Good atmosphere. Construction work disruptive.

Great hostel and I would stay here again. Clean sheets, a GREAT breakfast, fast free wifi, cute bar downstairs and awesome location. Only negatives are that they don't have great kitchen facilities which isn't a problem if you don't plan on cooking but I usually do to save money (their portable hob didn't work so all I had to work with was the microwave). Also if the staff member isn't at the desk which is quite often then randoms can wander upstairs into the hostel, rooms did have locks though.

Location is amazing for Austin could not fault, staff were helpful and friendly will definitely be back! The only thing I feel needs improving shower and toilet facilities.

Amazing hostel! Great location, great people, great room! I had so much fun staying here, defenitly will stay again

It's in an old firehouse so the building is a bit cold and grotty in places - for example, the bathrooms... but the staff are cool, the deluxe dorm beds are definitely worth the extra 3 bucks (sturdier bunks, your own lamp and power outlet, more privacy) and the breakfast is fantastic for a hostel.

One of the best hostels ive ever stayed at

They allowed me to store my bags hours after check-out. Friendly staff and excellent location.

• 20th Feb 2015

Our hostel stay was wonderful. The staff was approachable, helpful, and fun. The location was perfect, near sixth street and within walking distance to everything else. It was great overall.