Firehouse Hostel Reviews

605 Brazos Street, Austin, USA

Just a great place. It's all very clean with friendly and helpful staff. Amazing beds!!

GreAt hostel Great location Great staff very cool

Definitely the best hostel experiencing I've ever had. I was checked in by Kate who was super nice and very helpful. Location is perfect - just around the corner from the bars on 6th street and mere blocks away from the Capitol. Liked that there was staff at the front desk at all hours of the day and lockers in the room. The hostel had a super chill vibe to it - everyone would talk to everyone. Checked out with Russell who was again very nice and friendly. The only place to stay in Austin!

Great hostel, friendly staff, close to city centre and the best bar in Austin downstairs!!

You can't beat this location, it's right down town. Staff were super friendly and gave good tips of things to do/see. Met some awesome people while staying here. Definitely recommend.

http://www.photopeopleplaces.com See the full review on my Blog :)

Location is brilliant. Staff are super helpful too. They have a cool bar behind a secret wall - it's not really suited to a hostel crowd tho - it's fancy and doesn't suit a hostel vibe. I hired a bike and they let me keep it onsite and safe overnight.

This hostel is in a ideal location for anyone looking to visit Austin. It's right off 6th street so you don't have far to stumble back after a night of heavy drinking. The breakfast was very nice and there was a variety of things to eat and the security is very good! There was some construction going on on our floor so things did get a little dusty but we can't blame them for improving their facilities. Overall pretty good place.

Good breakfasts. Good atmosphere. Construction work disruptive.

Great hostel and I would stay here again. Clean sheets, a GREAT breakfast, fast free wifi, cute bar downstairs and awesome location. Only negatives are that they don't have great kitchen facilities which isn't a problem if you don't plan on cooking but I usually do to save money (their portable hob didn't work so all I had to work with was the microwave). Also if the staff member isn't at the desk which is quite often then randoms can wander upstairs into the hostel, rooms did have locks though.

Location is amazing for Austin could not fault, staff were helpful and friendly will definitely be back! The only thing I feel needs improving shower and toilet facilities.

Amazing hostel! Great location, great people, great room! I had so much fun staying here, defenitly will stay again

It's in an old firehouse so the building is a bit cold and grotty in places - for example, the bathrooms... but the staff are cool, the deluxe dorm beds are definitely worth the extra 3 bucks (sturdier bunks, your own lamp and power outlet, more privacy) and the breakfast is fantastic for a hostel.

One of the best hostels ive ever stayed at

They allowed me to store my bags hours after check-out. Friendly staff and excellent location.

• 20th Feb 2015

Our hostel stay was wonderful. The staff was approachable, helpful, and fun. The location was perfect, near sixth street and within walking distance to everything else. It was great overall.

There was a mixup with my room and staff tried to move me at 2am, when I was already half asleep. On the other hand, I had to leave a day early, and the hostel refunded my last night's reservation, but I got attitude when asking. Overall, GREAT location, GOOD facilities and crowd, FAIR to POOR staffing. If you want to be closest to 6th street for as cheap as possible, this is still the answer.

Excellent experience at this hostel. Location, location, location. This hostel is in downtown Austin. A walking distance from everything. Perfect. Then the staff is super friendly, the atmosphere is chill, it's not too big so you get to know people very easily. The rooms are nice, not the comfiest bed ever (you feel like you sleep in a hammock sometimes) but it does the trick. The washrooms are also nice and clean. I HIGHLY recommend this hostel, as chill as Austin can be.

The location of this hostel is excellent, right in the middle of downtown! If you don't have a car this is an absolutely ideal place to stay. The hostel was very clean and well kept, the only complain I have was that it was very noisy in the evenings.

« first « Prev 1 2 3