Firehouse Hostel Reviews

605 Brazos Street, Austin, USA

nice staff

• 14th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

A really good hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful and the bar attached was a good way to meet people. Location was right next to 6th street for stumbling back from bars. The only improvement for me would be to have plug sockets nearer to the top bunks. I also felt slightly unsafe climbing to the top bunk as the step ladders distances were quite large and I'm only little and the bed made you fall in the centre!

Stayed there for the second time to my trip to Austin. Had a fantastic time there. its located at the center of everything. Friendly staff, clean, great value for the money. Would stay there again

• 9th Aug 2015

But of a weird vibe in this hostel, felt the staff and some guests were a bit aggressive. Not much room for communal areas. Dorm rooms are tiny. I probably would not stay here again. However, a great location, right in the action.

Customer service was good. Chill people. But no AC! I eat the eviews but still decided to try it. Big mistake. I've been to my share of hostels and his was definitely one of my least favorite experiences. Some pros are it's right in the center of all the action. 6th street.

the bed I slept in was half fallen in! I woke up many times to readjust, as my body was hurting! Might work for those travelers drinking and passing out, but that was not the case with me. That's my only complaint. Otherwise, this place was a great experience, I felt very safe and enjoyed all else.

• 5th Aug 2015

Stayed one night great location nightmare if you have a car as you have to park ages away and its $10 a night to park. Room I stayed in was not very big but did the job if your are there for 6th street drinking.

Great location just off 6th street. Not much going on in the hostel itself except for the pub crawls (do the weekend ones only). Its pretty clean through the whole hostel, but the best part is the breakfast, its actually food! Normal pastries but they also have breakfast cereals and fruit. Was very surprised and very happy after so many hostels eating donughts for breakfast. One of the better hostels I have stayed in the states.

Good hostel. Good location.

A small amount of noise was not tolerated in the hostel even though it is a 2 minute walk to 6th street. Staff on night duty were very rude and used offensive language toward guests. The room was so tiny none of out suitcases could be out and the air con was not working. I would not recommend this hostel if you like to go out and have fun.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Austria

Lovely place, Lovely staff, lovely people :) Fantastic location

Really good time at this hostel. The management have just started to put on more day and night time activities so we had a really fun trip to a local Creek on one day. Would stay again.

They wont let you know that they can give you $10 parking space per day. Just in case you forget to book the parking online with the accommodation. They may also give you the run around and say all the parking spaces for $10 have been sold out.

Amazing hostel in the perfect location! Have visited before and it's always great fun. The only thing to watch out for is a few of the receptionists attitudes.

I loved your hostel. Kate's a doll - lots of love. A suggestion to maybe have a shelf up by the top bunks so you can have your phone, book, wallet by you. Also there was an issue with space. 6 girls in a room and by the time I got there, there was no designated place for my stuff. I've been to a hostel before and they had some marked out areas on the floor to avoid awkward conversations.

Fantastic hostel! Clean, great breakfast, good wifi, friendly staff. Awesome bar that is hidden behind a sliding bookshelf. It is right downtown and within walking distance to bars, restaurants, and concert venues. Definitely wish that I had more time in Austin. Would definitely recommend this hostel and will return the next time I'm in the city.

• 15th Jul 2015

This hostel was adequate. Great location so was probably worth the price for that alone. I mean- right on 6th street!!Great breakfast in the morning. It lacks atmosphere I found. Bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on!

Great location, and good helpful staff. Has a really cool bar but lacks a great common area that is only for the hostel. At times there was no one at the front desk. Not secure storage space when checking out or arriving early. Really clean bathrooms and spacious beds but were super soft and rocky. Breakfast had nice fruit and good options. Overall, a good hostel in a great city at a good price.

The Firehouse hostel was a great place to stay - fantastic location, friendly staff and clean facilities. Pheebs and Nick were especially helpful with their recommendations for activities in Austin! Would highly recommend staying here.

• 23rd Jun 2015