Firehouse Hostel Reviews

605 Brazos Street, Austin, USA

Amazing hostel in the perfect location! Have visited before and it's always great fun. The only thing to watch out for is a few of the receptionists attitudes.

I loved your hostel. Kate's a doll - lots of love. A suggestion to maybe have a shelf up by the top bunks so you can have your phone, book, wallet by you. Also there was an issue with space. 6 girls in a room and by the time I got there, there was no designated place for my stuff. I've been to a hostel before and they had some marked out areas on the floor to avoid awkward conversations.

Fantastic hostel! Clean, great breakfast, good wifi, friendly staff. Awesome bar that is hidden behind a sliding bookshelf. It is right downtown and within walking distance to bars, restaurants, and concert venues. Definitely wish that I had more time in Austin. Would definitely recommend this hostel and will return the next time I'm in the city.

• 15th Jul 2015

Great location, and good helpful staff. Has a really cool bar but lacks a great common area that is only for the hostel. At times there was no one at the front desk. Not secure storage space when checking out or arriving early. Really clean bathrooms and spacious beds but were super soft and rocky. Breakfast had nice fruit and good options. Overall, a good hostel in a great city at a good price.

The Firehouse hostel was a great place to stay - fantastic location, friendly staff and clean facilities. Pheebs and Nick were especially helpful with their recommendations for activities in Austin! Would highly recommend staying here.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Great place great staff!

• 22nd Jun 2015

We had room 400 and it was fantastic.All the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Our only comment was that the kitchen was a bit tight on seating each morning and could be configured better.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Staff was amazing and very helpful, close to everything that we needed.

• 12th Jun 2015

it's fine, but drifter jack's is better

Great hostel, couldn't have asked for a better location! Fine room with ool people. Everyone was really nice, and the bar was cool! Breakfast is help yourself in the kitchen - loads to choose From you couldn't possibly complain! Most staff were ok. I left my shoes in the hallway to air them, and the miserable woman took them without notifying me, I left the next morning and forgot.. So 2 months on my trip left without a pair of shoes I liked....

Cool vibe. Awesome breakfast options. Really nice staff. My only complaint is the noise since I was in the bed closest to 6th street and I'm the lame-o who goes to bed at 10 on a Sat. Next time I'll request a room closer to the middle of the bldg.

The place is really great, awesome location. The coolest thing was the lounge's door and the bartenders. Very friendly environment.

This hostel is in an excellent location. It is very clean and has great facilities. Very good value for money!!!

Parking arrangements. They were out of parking passes the day I got there and I was told my car wouldn't get a ticket on the street cause it was after 6, I didn't get a ticket, just my car towed for 200$ to reclaim it. And the parking garage is pretty far from the hostel and in a sketchy place across from the homeless shelter

• 11th May 2015

The hostel was in a great location, and was a great place to explore Austin from. The breakfast was fantastic, and the bathrooms were nice and clean and tidy. The hostel staff were not very knowledgeable on simple questions regarding buses, also security was pretty lapse; I never showed my key card once to get in, despite there being a new member of staff on the desk each time. I would stay here again, and recommend to other travellers.

This hostel is right off of Sixth Street so there's great proximity to nightlife in Austin. The lounge downstairs is great with excellent cocktails. The lounge prices aren't really backpacker friendly, but the happy hour prices aren't bad. The staff was super friendly and helpful, with the exception of the woman who works the overnight hours. But she probably deals with lots of drunks so I forgive her general crabbiness. I stayed in a deluxe room and think it was worth the extra money.

This was by far the best hostel I stayed at in the states. The free breakfast was so deluxe with great variety for a hostel spread! Kitchen great. Right next to 6th St too - so awesome if you want to go out. Met great people too. Highly recommend.

Just a great place. It's all very clean with friendly and helpful staff. Amazing beds!!

GreAt hostel Great location Great staff very cool

Definitely the best hostel experiencing I've ever had. I was checked in by Kate who was super nice and very helpful. Location is perfect - just around the corner from the bars on 6th street and mere blocks away from the Capitol. Liked that there was staff at the front desk at all hours of the day and lockers in the room. The hostel had a super chill vibe to it - everyone would talk to everyone. Checked out with Russell who was again very nice and friendly. The only place to stay in Austin!