Firehouse Hostel Reviews

605 Brazos Street, Austin, USA

Overall it was ok, but there wasn't enough stress or information for guests on when quiet hours were. Because it was so close to 6th street, I certainly understand that people are on vacation to drink every night, but the staff should have been stricter with quiet hours or a common area farther from the rooms. Other than that, great breakfast each morning, relatively clean, good showers.

This hostel is the best hostel I have stayed in in the states! The location is better than excellent! The facilities are clean and tidy, the excursion are ran by a differ met company but everything is so much fun, and simple to book at the hostel. The staff are super friendly and will help you out with anything! Mariana one of the owners is the nicest lady I have ever met! Went out of her way to show us the true Texas! She really made our stay and I will be coming back!

• 25th Jun 2014

Had a great time here, excellent location!

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel! It was my first time staying at a hostel, and I would absolutely recommend Firehouse. It was maintained, clean, free breakfast in the morning, safe, and has a cool bar/lounge area downstairs. They also have earplugs as well. I had a blast here in Austin, and likely will stay here again next time I visit. Only notice was the first night it was freezing, and the second night it was HOT. Just come prepared.

• 13th Jun 2014

Great place right on 6th

• 12th Jun 2014

Great hostel location brilliant Wifi was terrible though... Bathroom on our floor always undergoing maintenance but of an inconvenience to go downstairs all the time Overall atmosphere

The security was a bit average considering the door wouldn't shut and needed to be re-hung on the dorm room so the swipe card was useless most of the time. Could definitely do with an outdoors communal area, however location is second to none, right on 6th street.

Great Location. Nice City. Hostel is highly recommended because of the location!!!

Great hostel - very easy to meet cool people and its right in the middle of all of the action. Would highly recommend it.

I love this place. Bottom line. Gota see it to believe it.

• 24th May 2014

just a great hostel. unbeatable location, great atmosphere, clean, good facilities and the free breakfast is great. loved Austin and stayed about twice as long as planned and was at Firehouse the whole time. pub crawls 3 times a week and day trips are also offered (I did the river tubing which was awesome). If I went back to Austin I'd stay here again.

Great location downtown, convenient to public transit (bus from airport is $1.50, weekly pass less than $10) attached bar is a great place to start the night.

The best thing of the Firehouse hostel is the location. One block far from 6th street, it is perfect to visit the main attraction of Austin.

Definitely need earplugs when trying to sleep and the springs can be felt in the mattress. But otherwise, great location, friendly staff and pretty chilled atmosphere.

• 1st May 2014