Fireside Lodge Reviews

2117 Nordic Drive, Whistler, Canada

This place is great! Although a bit outside of the main village (but that also means it is affordable), the atmosphere was great, and the place is HUGE. Although the dorms were for 18 people, they felt cozy and everyone had enough of their own space and privacy. The only frustrating thing was wifi that stopped working properly every day at 10.

I thought that the staff did a wonderful job of answering any questions that me and my girlfriend thought of and the place was very well kept as well as offered alot for the guests to use in the kitchen and games areas

• 17th Aug 2015

Great staff and very clean!

Well, we liked it so much that we stayed longer than planned:) The kitchen is very well equipped, beds are good, rooms are cosy. One of the advantages is, that creek bread pizza (a must in Whistler) is within walking distance.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Beautiful hostel with a lot of good amenities and a wonderful atmosphere. It's a little far from the actual village, but it's easy to work around with the buses.

• 5th Aug 2015

I was really pleased with my stay. I wish I was there longer to properly use the kitchen and relaxing living room area. The bunks in the dorm are spacious and quiet, you really couldn't tell you had a lot of room mates. The lodge was incredibly clean and you could often find friends and families playing games in the shared spaces. I would recommend staying here. Every half hour a bus would get you to the village within 10 minutes.

This is a great place to stay! The only thing I found difficult was the walk up the hill from the bus stop with all my gear. I was so grateful, as a lone traveller, to find myself in the company of others. Top marks for this hostel.

• 31st Jul 2015

Very friendly people/environment, big kitchen, nice sleeping quarters. The only drawback was lots of stairs (so be prepared for that if you have suitcases). The area was quiet and peaceful. Very nice place!

• 30th Jul 2015

Really enjoyed our stay, very comfortable and charming. Looking forward to coming back some day.

Our stay at the Fireside Lodge was beyond wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We met some very nice people that were guests at the lodge. The fireside is very clean and well managed. We can't wait to go back.

• 27th Jul 2015

This hostel is nice I liked to stay there's, the beds are comfortable and you sleep so good.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Impersonal, unhelpful, rude :(

I only stayed 1 night with 5 of my friends but I would defiantly go back. The man who ran the place was extremely friendly and accommodating. He waited for us after he was supposed to go home as we were running a bit late. He then upgraded us to loft rooms so our one friend who booked separately could stay with us at no extra charge! The atmosphere is great has a beautiful shared kitchen and overall a very clean place. I could have stayed comfortably for much longer than I did.

• 14th Jul 2015

Distance from the village actually good as quieter and much more scenic. Bus operated to timetable and was only 5 mins to village - $2.50 each way does add to costs for long stays

Loved the hostel and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Would definitely recommend and I'm sure I'll be staying there again. Cheers!

Awesome stay! Great facilities: friendly staff!

• 28th Jun 2015

We enjoyed our stay a lot! Staff is so friendly and the atmosphere s been great. All in all would definitely come back if we ever get the chance to come back to whistler. And the guy in the bed next to us was really hot so thats an extra point ;)

• 22nd Jun 2015

It was a very great journey, with really lovley stuffs in an cozy accommodation. We wanna come back to visit them again.

• 21st Jun 2015

It was amazing! The staff and the atmoaphere was incredible. We will defenitely come back as soon as we can!

• 19th Jun 2015

We loved our stay at fir side lodge. This has to have the best equipted kitchen I've ever seen in a hostel. The humming birds are a lovely welcome when you go to the reception and in the late afternoon it's lovely to watch them busy in their work. The staff were very helpful and I couldn't recommend the hostel more