Fireside Lodge Reviews

2117 Nordic Drive, Whistler, Canada

Really nice hostel, clean, around 40 minutes walk to Whistler village, if you want you can use public transport.

Manager stayed for my late check-in, the dorm beds are comfy and atmosphere is great. A proper mountain lodge with cozy fireplace, common room, games room, lots of place and opportunity to socialise and the best equipped kitchen I have ever had in a hostel

Do not stay here if you wish to be treat like a guest not an inconvenience. Arrives early and we were asked 'what do you want' and when we asked to use the bathroom we were told we were pushing it!! Too rude. People left cups in the kitchen uncleaned, I was asked if they were mine, I said no, I got a reply of 'better not be'. What a disgraceful way to treat your guests!

• 25th Sep 2014

Sorry you had a bad time here at the lodge. Your poor review across the board due to a staff issue and your one sided comments are very telling in itself. You failed to mention the attitude upon arrival and the mess left the previous days by you and your group. You would have been asked to leave if you weren't already checking out that morning. I do hope you find a more comfortable place to stay next time...

great place! highly recommended!

• 15th Sep 2014

It's really a lovely place to stay in Whistler. There is a game room where my friends and I had a great time. The kitchen and the living room are all luxurious.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

I really enjoyed my stay at Fireside lodge, it was friendly, homely and had great facilities. The staff were lovely and most of the people I met very social able and fun.

• 31st Aug 2014

Best kitchen I have seen in a hostel situation. Staff very friendly and helpful.

It was a full house last weekend at Whistler's Fireside lodge so lots of interesting people to visit with. Kitchen was fully equipped with all the spices & cooking utensils. Especially liked the bbq area outside tucked in the forest. Lots of tables to play games & the ping pong table down stairs was good entertainment. Nice & quiet at night for sleeping & if you forgot something ( I forgot my coffee) someone usually shares. I'm booking for Thanksgiving & the Turkey Sale weekend

• 16th Aug 2014

Our only complaint was the paper thin walls between private rooms. We could literally hear one of the elderly occupants of the neighbouring rooms breathing at night. Their snoring was equal to sharing a dorm, and we had to listen to every word of their conversations, surprisingly unmuffled. Also there didn't seem to be any mention of quiet hours for the building which may have contributed to the neighbours decision to ignore our requests to keep the sleeping side of the building quiet.

• 14th Aug 2014

Unfortunately the log walls are not very sound proof by their nature. We do have quiet hours (11:00 pm) and they are well posted in every room. A complaint such as this to the on duty manager should have been dealt with for future nights. In a serious situation we do provide emergency paging during off duty hours.

This facility is not someone with wheelchair or handicap.

Calm, relaxed and helpfull staff. Secure, quiet enviroment. Clean lake water. We will be back for sure ;0)

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Slovakia

It was a great place to stay! We will definitely go back the next time we are in Whistler! Then only slightly negative point is that they are not really walking distance from Whistler Village. Its a good 30 min walk or so. But there is a bus just down the street that goes about every 15 mins, so that made it doable. We LOVED it!!

Would definitely stay here again, great place.

• 31st Jul 2014

Great place ... The room was perfect for what we needed. Randy was top notch !! Definitely wud book this place again !!

• 17th Jul 2014

We had a nice stay and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The fully equipped and large kitchen was in good condition. Thanks!

Fireside lodge felt really homey, the bed was comfy and tidy, me and my bf really enjoyed the stay

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great quiet little place.

An awesome place to stay in the summer. Fireside Lodge is located between the Village and Creekside. The dorm room was quiet and comfortable. I would for sure stay here again.