First Stop Backpacker Hostel Reviews

2F, No.7, Ln. 4, Tai’an Road, Qidu District, Keelung, Taiwan

Great place to stay! The best thing about this hostel is that the women who run it are incredibly helpful and informative, i.e. they will pick you up from the Qidu train station and give you a ride back (with advance notice, of course), and will help you plan your trips around the north coast! It's clean, and the beds are very comfortable. The only downside is that it's not the most convenient location, but it's still walk-able from the Qidu TRA station, and just a 15 minute bus from Keelung.

As my last stop in Taiwan this was pretty much everything I wanted and more. Anne and Amy were absolutely awesome, they helped me out heaps, giving me lifts to the station and the night market, giving me plenty of advice. The place is super clean, the sofa/tv area super comfy, the internet's fast, there's a kitchen, the beds are great (best nights' sleep in Taiwan!) and even though Qidu is not a tourist centre it is close to Taipei, Jiufen, Keelung and tons of good hiking. Just great!

AnyとANMI優しい!おかけで台湾の旅楽しかったよん(o^^o)

• 16th Mar 2014
  • China

Ann and Amy are very friendly and kind. I received an email the day prior to my arrival asking whether I need a pick up. I was given maps and quite a lot of travelling information. The hostel itself is clean and well maintained.

Very friendly service. On the way we were asked by SMS when we will arrive and if they should pick us up. At our receive we got oranges and something to drink. In the hostel they gave as maps and a lot of informations about what we can see in the area. The hostel itself is very clean, nicely decorated, with comfortable beds and a large sofa. If you want to make a trip in North Taiwan, you should definitely choose this hostel!

Ann and Amy were great hosts with a wealth of experience about travelling in North Eastern Taiwan. Although there were no other guests there during my 3 nights at the hostel, the two ladies more than made up with their friendly conversations. The room/ bathroom were very clean and the beds are comfortable. They are also well-seasoned backpackers with an eye for the little detail - Extra power cord extensions in the room, ample racks/ hooks in the bathroom etc. I would return for another stay.

Host are very nice and kind woman . House is very clean and new. She helped my sightseen very much