9.3
Superb 117 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 117 Total Reviews
First Stop Backpacker Hostel Located at No.24, BaHao Ln., Ruifang Dist, New Taipei Jiufen.
Taiwan
New Taipei Jiufen 22448 No.24, BaHao Ln., Ruifang Dist
93% 117
25.1105931 121.8421542
    Rooms available

• Singapore, Male, 31-40
20th Nov 2016

Excellent hostel! Clean, great hosts, great home-made breakfast eaten in a wonderful little glass house overlooking the coast! I couldn't believe it was a hostel at times! Friendly hosts as well, one night was way too short, until the next time!

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th Nov 2016

Amy and Ann are amazing. I felt beyond welcome here, and I loved the quiet, off-the-beaten-path feel of this hostel. It's a short walk to the main streets of Jiufen, and the views overlooking the valley from the hostel are incredible. They made Taiwanese breakfast, and Amy even sent me with some to go when I went up Keelung. The hostel was clean and simple. The gals have binders of info. and pictures of destinations in Jiufen and beyond. I cannot speak highly enough of their hospitality.

• SupeScoot
  • England, Couple, 25-30
9th Nov 2016

Really sweet place found at the bottom of Jiufen, close to the teahouses and main action of it all. Really comfortable beds, good lockers and lovely breakfast, everything you need. The staff give you great recommendations on day trips and where to eat and where to go and they have a lovely glass house where you can hangout.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
12th Sep 2016
8.0

Jiufen is very beautiful and perfect for a calm stay in the north of Taiwan. The hosts, Amy and Ann, were very helpful and had many recommendations for us. We would stay there again if we went back to Taiwan.

• Thailand, Female, 18-24
21st Aug 2016

Perfect place to stay and relax. I originally planned to stay for a night but ended up staying there for two nights. The view of the sunset from the hostel is amazing. Amy and Ann, the owners, are the best hosts I ever met so far. They know their area very well and can help you plan out your days and see the best of the north coast. They are also very friendly and interesting to talk to. Traditional homemade breakfast is absolutely awesome. The best hostel I ever stayed so far.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
1st Jul 2016

One of the best hostels I stayed so far! The location and atmosphere is amazing. You can relax in the glasshouse overviewing the whole bay and it's very peaceful place. Amy was most welcoming and cares about her guests. She took a lot of time to explain everything to me and helped with planning my trip. Thanks a lot! 10/10, I would give 11/10, if I could...

28th Jun 2016
8.0

Staff is the sweetest and most helpful one. Place is settled on a beautiful area but I couldnt really enjoy it from the dorm because they turn off AC during the day!!! and its unbereably HOT. I didnt know about this schedule until i arrived and payed and that annoyed me (is not in their description). Jiufen is hot and if you walk around you expect to rest on your hostel with AC and you couldnt do that here during the day. I couldnt sleep after 9.30 because of this just give the remote to guests.

24th Jun 2016

Amy was very helpful and provided us with loads of information and we enjoyed our trip more because of it. There is also a Taiwanese breakfast as opposed to the bread and jam provided at most hostels.