Superb 111 Total Reviews
Superb 111 Total Reviews
First Stop Backpacker Hostel Located at No.24, BaHao Ln., Ruifang Dist, New Taipei Jiufen.
Taiwan
New Taipei Jiufen 22448 No.24, BaHao Ln., Ruifang Dist
94% 111
25.1105931 121.8421542
    Rooms available

• Germany, Female, 25-30
12th Sep 2016
8.0

Jiufen is very beautiful and perfect for a calm stay in the north of Taiwan. The hosts, Amy and Ann, were very helpful and had many recommendations for us. We would stay there again if we went back to Taiwan.

• Thailand, Female, 18-24
21st Aug 2016

Perfect place to stay and relax. I originally planned to stay for a night but ended up staying there for two nights. The view of the sunset from the hostel is amazing. Amy and Ann, the owners, are the best hosts I ever met so far. They know their area very well and can help you plan out your days and see the best of the north coast. They are also very friendly and interesting to talk to. Traditional homemade breakfast is absolutely awesome. The best hostel I ever stayed so far.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
1st Jul 2016

One of the best hostels I stayed so far! The location and atmosphere is amazing. You can relax in the glasshouse overviewing the whole bay and it's very peaceful place. Amy was most welcoming and cares about her guests. She took a lot of time to explain everything to me and helped with planning my trip. Thanks a lot! 10/10, I would give 11/10, if I could...

28th Jun 2016
8.0

Staff is the sweetest and most helpful one. Place is settled on a beautiful area but I couldnt really enjoy it from the dorm because they turn off AC during the day!!! and its unbereably HOT. I didnt know about this schedule until i arrived and payed and that annoyed me (is not in their description). Jiufen is hot and if you walk around you expect to rest on your hostel with AC and you couldnt do that here during the day. I couldnt sleep after 9.30 because of this just give the remote to guests.

24th Jun 2016

Amy was very helpful and provided us with loads of information and we enjoyed our trip more because of it. There is also a Taiwanese breakfast as opposed to the bread and jam provided at most hostels.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
5th Jun 2016

Our host Amy was the best! We had only planned to stay 1 night and we ended up staying 3, we just couldn't leave this beautiful place. The hostel is awesome, we basically got our own guest house for the whole stay. The view was amazing, Amy made the dopest breakfast's, and the glass house was just a cool fun spot to relax in and take in the view.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd Jun 2016

Amy and Ann were very friendly and informative and it was very nice to meet them. They provided detailed information on places around Jiufen and cooked delicious local Taiwanese breakfast for the guests. The place is a small little house located on the hill in Jiufen and only 5 mins walk away from Jiufen old street. There is a glass house next to the place and you get to see the ocean view of Jiufen from there - a very nice place to have breakfast in. I highly recommend this place :)

28th May 2016

The hostel is great! Make sure to read the directions on how to arrive at the hostel since it is tricky to find. The view is beautiful. Amy will help you with ALL of your travel questions and has a lot of great travel advice. We were disappointed that alcohol was prohibited on the entire property. It would have been nice to enjoy a cold beer in the outside famed glass house. The dorm is clean and new, but you can't control the AC and it was too hot at night. The room needs to be a little colder.

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
18th Apr 2016

This is the best hostel that I had during my Taipei trip. The whole environment is just so great and comfortable. Amy and Ann are very friendly to guide me on the places to visit etc.