Fish Tank Lodge Reviews

86 West End, Kaikoura, New Zealand

Quiet, clean, good communal areas. Enjoyed the balcony to eat out on.

Excellent location just by Intercity bus stop... Friendly staff... Clean, comfortable, quiet... Good night's sleep... Would definitely recommend!

• 18th May 2015
  • Denmark

Good hostel right by the beach. Friendly staff! The bathrooms were clean, the bedrooms were clean, good sized kitchen and lounge area.

Perfect central location, nice and comfy beds, quiet, clean common areas. Wifi works only around lounge.

This hostel is very central. It was clean and comfortable. Large tv lounge and really nice balcony overlooking the sea and Kaikoura. Nice stay

I loved this hostel! The theme, the rooms, the free tea and cool lounge made the experience worth it. I will definitely come again.

• 13th Apr 2015

Free wifi was a massive plus especially when the weather wasn't great. All areas were clean and tidy (hope this is the same when it's busier). Staff happy to accommodate us for another night if we needed it. Security at night brilliant- need the code to get in. During the day however, lax as people can walk in off the street and the reception was often unmanned. LOVE the decor- cute and inkeeping with the name and area!

Clean toilet with shower. Thankful for free parking and free wireless internet. There were some large spiders in the corner of our bunk room but thankfully they did not disturb us during our one night there. Value for money, relatively clean place to stopover.

A good hostel, but no lockers.

Renee at the front was wonderful, great check-in at arrival. Would definitely stay here again.

Fish tank lodge has a very nice feel and the staff are so nice and accomodating. My only complaint was that the walls are a bit thin and they probably need a few more showers.

Lovely hostel especially because of Renee helping me. She went above and beyond to get my activities sorted and even gave me a ride there! Absolutely wonderful! Showers aren't too great.

Amazingly comfortable beds- big solid wood bunk beds with real thick mattresses. No swaying metal frames and uncomfy thin mattresses here! Good location on main road, balcony only gets sun in afternoon not evening. If you want a higher view over the sea, choose a hostel on the hill behind. No lockers, good enough kitchen, very clean washrooms and big lounge.

Nice staff. Great location. Well stocked kitchen. Free wifi was a bit slow and the showers and rooms were a bit dirty, but totally tolerable.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel! When checking in the lady was friendly, in a genuine and unforced way, which I really liked. The atmosphere was also really homely and relaxed which I enjoyed. The location is perfect - the Intercity coach stops right outside and it is also opposite Kaikoura beach! The beds were ridiculously comfy! Never been in a hostel with such a good mattress. Overall think this is a awesome place to stay!

Great location and helpful staff. Will era again when I return to the area.

• 29th Mar 2015

I would absolutely recommend this place! The location is perfect and the staff was accommodating and wonderful! Can't say enough great things!

• 25th Mar 2015

Excellent hostel, no regrets about staying here.

Nothing terribly wrong with this hostel but also nothing special about it. The kitchen and chill out room are spacious but could both do with a good clean! Rooms are ok....there was 2 of us in a 3 bed room, glad there was nobody else as it was tight with all our stuff as there are no lockers. Close enough to the shops and cafes etc

Staff not unfriendly but soso, people who clean may be doing it for free accomodation at strange hours and dont do it really good. Its not a bad place to stay. The locatipn is perfect if you take a bus

« first « Prev 1 2 3