Fish Tank Lodge Reviews

86 West End, Kaikoura, New Zealand

Nice location just next to where the buses stop. Clean and tidy. Cone with free WiFi is definitely a plus.

Wow what an awesome time spent in Kaikoura. The location of this accommodation was excellent, stepped straight of bus and through the main doors of accommodation. Bike hireage available which was so much fun.

This hostel is in the best location! Right across the road from the bus stop so you don't have to walk very far with your bags! The 4 bed dorm was very clean. There was a big TV room and a good size kitchen. It didn't seem to have much atmosphere but I think that was more to do with the fact that there were not many people staying there. There was also free wifi which was great!

Nicely painted rooms. Could do with more tv channels or more than the 3 or 4 DVDs as there is not a lot to do in kaikoura in evening. The shower door had a hole in it and our heater didnt work, there seemed to be no urgency to fix these things. Also none of the laundry facilties worked. However, comfy beds, nice rooms, great location and free wifi so would stay again. Just needs a bit of TLC.

Great location right by the bus stop, and close to the water front. Comfy beds. Ask about Jerry's fishing trip, great excursion. Craig (owner or manager) very helpful.

Overall it was a good hostel, however, I felt as though the older man working was very impatient and rude with me when sorting out the payment. It caused a big hassle for me and my group and if he continues to use HostelWorld he should find a way to make the payment easier so that each member of my group didn't have to pay me back my deposit from their own pocket. I found it to be very unprofessional.

Great hostel with a perfect location, lovely view, and fast free unlimited wifi.

Free WIFI is always a plus. The room was average size and the beds were more comfortable than most hostels

1 2 Next » last »