Fish Tank Lodge Reviews

86 West End, Kaikoura, New Zealand

Friendly & engaging staff on arrival. Happily stay here anytime & recommend to other travellers......especially motorcyclists :)

• 7th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Loved the balcony - beautiful view over the bay and to the mountains. Excellent location. Very happy with my choice!!

Nice Hostel. I enjoyed my stay.

Good location. Cleanliness was average. Free wifi was great. The kitchen could do with restocking- more cutlery, crockery and a knife sharpener would be helpful. No lockers and doors often left open, so quite insecure.

Everything was very clean, location was central and staff were really friendly. :) Recommended!

I only stayed for one night but absolutely loved it! The staff were fantastic and the hostel has a great atmosphere. Wish I could have stayed longer :)

Great stay here. Fun hostel with a laidback vibe. The dorm room was a little cramped, should really have been a 2 bed room as the third bed was jammed in but I'm sure I booked a 6 bed dorm so no harm no foul! Staff are friendly and approachable. Right in the centre of town across from the iSite and stumbling distance to the main drinking holes. Awesome balcony to chill and watch the sea from. Would definitely stay again!

So nice and friendly people!!!! I really suggest this hostel :)

Nice people and friendly, would definitely stay again

I had an awesome time there! Very helpful abd friendly staff, great atmosphere, perfect location and very clean. All in all I can only recommend staying there!!

Nice hostel with an excellent location, right on the beach. The room was small but comfortable and with the bathroom en suite. The owner is very friendly, helped me rent some bikes and gives me some tips about getting around in Kaikoura. Good value for money !

the great view from the deck and free Wifi made our stay even better :)

Great friendly and accomodating staff great central location one of our best stays.

• 1st Jan 2014

Small shared bathroom with only two sinks. Owner really weird about closing times of kitchen and balcony. Location really good.

A very nice place, friendly staff, free internet, nice room with sofas and a great view. The best option in town.

Absolutely loved this place! Awesome staff, great rooms (I slept in a dorm with 4 beds) with very nice mattresses (comfy!), nice communal living room and large kitchen. This hostel does everything right and is very centrally located! Can recommend it to everyone and was the best hostel of my New Zealand trip!

• 17th Dec 2013

Worn out tiny 2x bunk female dorm. Fortunately there were only 3 of us in there as there wuld have been no where near enough room for a 4th person. Whole in shower door filled with a bit of paper. No hooks to hang clothes. Lounge is a nice communal area. Regularly cleaned hostel

I really loved this little hostel! It is the nakedbus stop which is always handy! The staff were really helpful, letting me dump my bag without checking in to run to my whale watch tour. When I did check in they spent plenty of time chatting to me showing me what was what. Generally had a nice feel to it with everyone chatting in the kitchen and living room, everything was clean enough and decent facilities, wish I had been able to stay longer.

Nice hostel right in centre of town and close to shops

Great Hostel, very clean, good facilities, very nice living room. Only thing to improve: no lockers.