Fish Tank Lodge Reviews

86 West End, Kaikoura, New Zealand

Really enjoyed my stay here. Staff are very welcoming and friendly. Perfect location, very close to the shops and bars, plus all the buses stop outside so no need to carry your bags very far.Great balcony over looking the sea, spent many hours sat in the sun reading my book there and having bbq's. If just passing through kaikoura or staying for a couple of days I highly recommend this place.

Nice hostel... Good atmosphere, I really enjoyed my short stay and would book again if I could :)

A quirky littlle hostel with tons of ambience. In the common area you can chat with other travellers or watch DVDs lolling in the leather loungers. The bright murals give the common areas a bright look. The location is smack in the center of town. The dorm beds are quite sturdy. Free internet. Residents are also allowed to use common areas after checking out when waiting for their respective transport, which is a nice touch.

Excellent hostel in the centre of town. Craig the manager was extremely helpful and nice. Nice big clean dorms a must stay in kaikoura.

Management was great!

Very helpful and friendly owner, Craig. It's in a superb location - across from the beach and bus-stops on the main street of Kaikoura. The beds were really comfortable and it was nice and quiet after 10pm, thankfully as I was rising early to see the whales.

Friendly & engaging staff on arrival. Happily stay here anytime & recommend to other travellers......especially motorcyclists :)

• 7th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Loved the balcony - beautiful view over the bay and to the mountains. Excellent location. Very happy with my choice!!

1 2 3 Next » last »