Fithostel Reviews

Fitjabraut 6b, Reykjanesb�r, Reykjanes, Keflavik, Keflavik, Iceland

Very happy with my stay.Wish I had known ahead of time that the preferred method of payment is debit/credit card so that I didn't needlessly take out cash before my arrival. Very happy with the facilities.

• 22nd Aug 2015

We were there just for a very short overnight before an early morning flight out, so can't say too much about the place during more regular hours. I thought the place was nice, and had everything we needed, and the fellow who checked us in was very nice. The location is very strange, and it's hard to find. Taxi to the airport was 2500krona, and we were lucky to share a taxi with another guest who had left a note on the desk saying she needed a share. I'd stay there again.

• 16th Jul 2015

Good cheap hostel to stay one night.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Russia

We had a pleasant stay, nice, clean and quiet. People seemed to follow the rules. It was much nicer inside than it looked on the outside. I would say the large number of apparently scrap 4x4 outside our building created a poor impression.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The security was very poor. I wasn't even provided with a key for the room; it stayed unlocked & whoever could walk in whenever. The location was great due to the closeness to the airport. The staff was poor. Someone is not always on site for questions or issues, there is a only phone in the lobby to call if anything should arise. Although the sheets and duvet were in shrink wrap to show they had been washed, I could not find a set without stains. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR HERE

• 22nd Jun 2015

I have now traveled to 13 countries. Iceland ranks among the best as far as efficiency, facility of commerce, etc. The hostels my friend and I frequented were usually very nice. Fithostel has single-handedly diminished my view of Icelandic places of lodging. When nobody in the entire city had ever heard of the place when we asked directions (including a hotel two blocks away), we knew this would be bad. Upon finally finding this poorly marked locale, we wished we just slept in a boiling mud pit.

• 11th Jun 2015

Clean, spacious, friendly staff

It was a great place to stay while I waited a night to catch my flight. Would highly recommend for a place to stay if you have a late flight from or to the airport. Costs just under 3,000 Kroner for a taxi ride to and from the airport.

The hostel accomplished the rudimentary task we needed it to--which is provide a physical place for us to sleep close to the airport so we could take an early morning flight. However, that's about all it did. The facilities would have been given an "average" rating except they make you pay for use of linens for your bed--who does that?! Not meeting even the most basic needs of providing clean sheets to sleep on is pretty pathetic.

We arrived at hostel at 3 am. We were alone. Hopefully the room was opened but next morning we didn't see any staff working there. It was weird. We had not seen it before!