Fithostel Reviews

Fitjabraut 6b, Reykjanesb�r, Reykjanes, Keflavik, Keflavik, Iceland

Brilliant hostel - friendly staff - clean, good showers, hot water, extra comforts provided such as towels/toilet rolls/soap/tea/coffee etc. Great location and warm heating. Recommended.

• 10th Jul 2014

We had a great time at Fit Hostel we arrived very late (a day late actually, and even then we arrived gone midnight!) but the staff still came out to us and let us in, and did the same when we wanted to use the hostel again with no notice a few days later. It's clean and cheap and basic and really do you need anything else? We like Fit Hostel!

• 9th Jul 2014

We stayed at this hostel the night before returning the rental car at the Keflavik Airport and our return flight home. It was a little difficult to find the place, although we styed there in 2011 as well. A big sign on the building, visible from the road 41 would have been helpful. This hostel is very conveniently situated at about 5-6 km from airport, if you have a car. The staff is friendly and the kitchen is well appointed. We liked it and will probably return one day. Mike B

• 27th Jun 2014

In general, we liked the place. But the fact that there is NO staff onsite until noonis very disconcerting. You have to call the owner form the lobby--at which point he tells you that you can't check in until 3 pm. (Then the guys finally shows up in person at noon.(His assistant, who had just wandered in, actually gave us a room at 11:30.)

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This is a basic hostel, however it represents excellent value. It may appear out of the way, however that isn't a big issue, particularly if you have a car. Even if you don't local buses are nearby and tour companies will collect you at the hostel. The staff are excellent.

When I arrived on Tuesday night, May 27, a fellow who worked at the hostel (from Libya) called to have a taxi ready at 5 am to take me to the airport for my 7:20 am flight the next day. At 5 am, no one came. I waited 20 minutes. The office phone was broken. No number for a taxi was posted. I couldn't call Reception. It was very stressful. Finally, I got a ride with a German couple going to the airport. I had to squeeze into their car, which was very small, but the airport was close by.

• 27th May 2014

I have never met a kinder man, than the receptionist at Fithostel. He did everything he could to help us in any way.

hard to find and does not give good first impression but once in it is by clean and has everything I expected.

← Back to search results