Five Elements Hostel Reviews

Area 69, West Gate Village, Dali, Dali, China

Five elements is a hostel perfect for relaxing and enjoying the area. I think their location is great because you don't want to be stuck in the neonlights and deafening music of the Old Town by night, and it's quite easy to cross the road (never took me more than 10 seconds). The facilities are decent and kept clean, and the dorms are spacious, but the beds are quite hard. Staff were very helpful and friendly! They rent bikes and host movie nights, so it's a good choice when staying in Dali!

Very chilled and centrally located hostel. Very clean and the beds are comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful. I highly recommend.

Thank you for your recommend , we are glad to hear that you enjoyed here, hope to see you again .Have a nice trip in China .

Staff is very helpful. Very good experience. Recommended

Clean hostel, good wifi ,staff is really trying to help you. Beds in 4mixed dorm room are terrible i wouldnt let my worst enemy sleep on those two pieces of foam.

Very relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff. Good location just west of the old town, especially if you plan to visit Cang Shan/San Ta. Pretty clean, nice lounge and patio area. Only minor complaint would be that my room didn't have a locker, and luggage storage didn't seem very secure.

We were sad to only stay one night. The city is a great place to relax as well as the hostel. A shower curtain would have been a nice addition (while showering the whole bathroom was wet). The hostel offers nice communal areas with an outside area. The staff is willing to help wherever (we had some misunderstandings with English though, but that just depends on the staff member and the time you ask it)

Thank you for a wonderful stay. Great atmosphere, lovely and friendly staff. We had a fantastic evening on Chinese New Year with all the different activities the staff organised. They recommended other hostels for us to stay in, and one staffmember even loaned us her sunscreen as we didn't have any. We'd definitely recommend staying here!

This place is wonderful. It is located right next to the old city, quite literally across the street. The atmosphere was really chilled out yet professional and the staff members were all incredibly helpful, aiding us in planning day trips and the like. The room was beautiful and the best value we've had so far. My only beef is the shower pressure, it was a little dribbly and then went dead, I ended up gargoyling under the faucet but I do highly recommend 5 elements, it's definitely best in Dali

Overall very good, great location no complaints.

Good hostel. Not the best location, simply because there are loads of hostels in better locations in Dali. This one is right across an 8 lane highway from the west gate of the city, and how long it takes to get anywhere depends on your frogger abilities. I don't think there will be enough bathrooms and showers during the on season: I had to wait for a shower and its February. They have a laundry service, no towels. The beds have heating pads!!! They have two ADORABLE kittens to play with, also.

So booking with Five Elements Hostel was my first time using Hostelworld.com. It turned out to be a great experience. Soon after booking, I received an email that had an attachment with instructions on how to reach the hostel. It was all quite clear and I got to the hostel with no problems. The staff was all quite friendly and helpful. The room was a good size, comfortable, and very clean. Also, the shower was nice and hot, which was nice as it was a bit cold outside.

The hostel is really nice. The staff is friendly and speaks english. they even bring you to the bus station. The rooms are clean and the price for a dorms is really cheap. I had a fun time!

We are so happy that you enjoy your stay here. Thanks. And enjoy the rest of your journey in China.

This is how an awesome hostel should look like. The staff was incredible nice and helpful. It is a beautiful place a few metres outside the city walls.

The food was really good and fresh!!! There are two adorable dogs in this hostel. The location was really good and staff was helpful and friendly. However it was cold in the room (no heating in winter) and the safety boxes in the room were not reliable.

The location is good, it's very near the old city. When you go to this hostel, book by internet it's cheaper than booking at arrival. The staf is helpful and can give a lot of information.

The staff was incredibly accommodating, and my room was also very comfortable and perfect for the weekend. The hostel is also located right across the street from everything that Dali Gucheng has to offer.

• 29th Nov 2014

Amazing hostel. Immediately feel at home. The staff as beyond helpful - they really make the effort so that you fall in love with Dali. I will definitely be going back.

• 28th Nov 2014

Very nice and relaxing place. The staff was very friendly with good English, they took care of us with good advices and they made us feel part of the community. Great location at few steps to the old town. We had a beautiful double bedroom with private bathroom over the expectations for a hostel! Definitely recommended!

Great clean and fun place. Helpful and friendly staff. NOT where Googlemaps says it is - it's much closer. Enjoyed my stay.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Staff is very helpful as you know if you go to China, it's difficult to stay alive if you can't speak Chinese but staff is very helpful for me who can't speak Chinese. Atmosphere is great and the hostel is not far from Dali old town. You can go there 15 mins by walk.