Five Elements Hostel Reviews

Area 69, West Gate Village, Dali, Dali, China

Good location right opposite the Dali old town! (beware that Dali train station is actually in Xiaguan, not Dali, and you need to take the Chongzhengsi Santa Gongyuan bus to actual Dali - you will need to ask the driver when to get off as Honglong Chengmen is not the name of the stop) food is good value and very tasty, including western and chinese dishes - western breakfasts and banana/chocolate sauce pancakes are amazing! staff are friendly too :) sadly, my room didn't have a bin :(

Staff were friendly and helpful. The place is situated right outside the old town - can be hard to find when you're first trying to get here, so take note. Nice common areas to hang out in, with facilities like pool table and movie screenings. Food served were pretty good too. Rooms were not exactly the most well-furnished but still a nice place all in all. Could do with better and cleaner lockers in the dorms though.

Very friendly and charming hostel at the door step of Dali old town and the mountains. We loved the cosy internal garden, the common area with movie nights, computers with VPN, Yunan coffee and breaky at reasonable price. The staff tries to help, most with good English. They even shipped within a day something I'd forgotten, to my next destination through another traveller :) The facilities could be cleaner but defo a recommended place to chill out

We had a very nice stay at Five Elements Hostel. The Location is near the Old Town so it is very convenient. The rooms are very good for the price and the staff was very helpful. Also there is a Computer access with VPN.

Thank you for your comment, we are glad to hear that you had a good time here .Hope you have a nice trip in China .

Pretty good. Staff didn't know as much about what was going on in the surrounding area as I would like, but they did bring me to the bus for my transit to Lijiang which was super nice. Location is perfect though, just outside the old city.

Thank you for your comment ,It's our pleasure to help you ,hope you have a nice trip in China .may be see you next time .

Five elements is a hostel perfect for relaxing and enjoying the area. I think their location is great because you don't want to be stuck in the neonlights and deafening music of the Old Town by night, and it's quite easy to cross the road (never took me more than 10 seconds). The facilities are decent and kept clean, and the dorms are spacious, but the beds are quite hard. Staff were very helpful and friendly! They rent bikes and host movie nights, so it's a good choice when staying in Dali!

Very chilled and centrally located hostel. Very clean and the beds are comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful. I highly recommend.

Thank you for your recommend , we are glad to hear that you enjoyed here, hope to see you again .Have a nice trip in China .

Staff is very helpful. Very good experience. Recommended

Clean hostel, good wifi ,staff is really trying to help you. Beds in 4mixed dorm room are terrible i wouldnt let my worst enemy sleep on those two pieces of foam.

Very relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff. Good location just west of the old town, especially if you plan to visit Cang Shan/San Ta. Pretty clean, nice lounge and patio area. Only minor complaint would be that my room didn't have a locker, and luggage storage didn't seem very secure.

We were sad to only stay one night. The city is a great place to relax as well as the hostel. A shower curtain would have been a nice addition (while showering the whole bathroom was wet). The hostel offers nice communal areas with an outside area. The staff is willing to help wherever (we had some misunderstandings with English though, but that just depends on the staff member and the time you ask it)

Thank you for a wonderful stay. Great atmosphere, lovely and friendly staff. We had a fantastic evening on Chinese New Year with all the different activities the staff organised. They recommended other hostels for us to stay in, and one staffmember even loaned us her sunscreen as we didn't have any. We'd definitely recommend staying here!

This place is wonderful. It is located right next to the old city, quite literally across the street. The atmosphere was really chilled out yet professional and the staff members were all incredibly helpful, aiding us in planning day trips and the like. The room was beautiful and the best value we've had so far. My only beef is the shower pressure, it was a little dribbly and then went dead, I ended up gargoyling under the faucet but I do highly recommend 5 elements, it's definitely best in Dali

Overall very good, great location no complaints.

Good hostel. Not the best location, simply because there are loads of hostels in better locations in Dali. This one is right across an 8 lane highway from the west gate of the city, and how long it takes to get anywhere depends on your frogger abilities. I don't think there will be enough bathrooms and showers during the on season: I had to wait for a shower and its February. They have a laundry service, no towels. The beds have heating pads!!! They have two ADORABLE kittens to play with, also.

So booking with Five Elements Hostel was my first time using Hostelworld.com. It turned out to be a great experience. Soon after booking, I received an email that had an attachment with instructions on how to reach the hostel. It was all quite clear and I got to the hostel with no problems. The staff was all quite friendly and helpful. The room was a good size, comfortable, and very clean. Also, the shower was nice and hot, which was nice as it was a bit cold outside.