Five Elements Hostel Reviews

Area 69, West Gate Village, Dali, Dali, China

We really enjoyed this hostel. It was near everything and had a lot of character. The staff were really really helpful.

Recommended by someone as it was relaxed and away from the town centre. I have to admit I probably would have picked a slightly more central location as it was at least 30min walk away or 20-30 RMB taxi. Based in a quiet village with not much in the way of local facilities but the bar/restaurant had everything as well as extremely helpful staff. Bicycles were available for rent (many of them broken) but had to be returned by midnight. Definitely better for families than solo travellers.

I love this hostel very much !! All staff in this hostel are very friendly to visitors, always smiling and willing to offer useful information to visitors,esp. those guys at reception, they are superbly helpful.My four-bed room are very clean and spacious. Only the locker is out of my expectation. I thought it was a real drawer that I could put all my stuff in it, like a box, but the 'drawer' only has a wooden door without a layer of wood separating my stuff from the floor.

Since 3am i woke up by the noise . i cant fall asleep again .and it is 6:30 am now .i am so tired and sad . i cant find a quit place . they should tell me about the noise in the private room first ,the damn roof . my friend changed a hotel at the midnight !!!but my stuff is too much . i cant move at the midnight . and no one at the reception . you cant do anything about it . but anyway if you want to stay at the DORM is very nice here !

Good food, clean big rooms, friendly staff, good location ... What do you want more!

This is a really great hostel, and only the second 100% rating I've given. The price is good, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the facilities are excellent. I didn't try much of the food on offer, but the stuff I did try was very nice. Dali has a lot of good hostels, but this one is great.

Five elements is a nice place to stay in Dali. It is located just a few meters out of town, so it's in a quiet area, but you can still be in the center within a few minutes walking. The room we had was nicely large and clean. They serve really delicious food (they grow their vegetables in their own sweet little garden) in a cozy atmosphere.

We have been in China for two months. This is by far the best hostel we have had the pleasure of staying at. The staff are extremely friendly. The rooms are clean and full of character. The organic garden explodes with juicy goodness. The hostel has a really family vibe to it and you will feel at home immediately.

We really appreciate for this highly comment to us. Hope to see you guys next time, Have fun in all your trips. Here is always a home waiting for you. :)

Very friendly and helpful staff, speaking excellent English. Twin room was great, more like a simple hotel room than a hostel. Bike rental. Very close to old town Dali but not inside - just across the street from gate.

Staff were very helpful and eager to help us. They organised travel for us to Lijiang and were happy to change the details for us at the last minute for no extra cost when we were ill.

Front desk was excellent and helpful. They have a decent food menu. Wifi was excellent. However I had problem with people who play pool, gambling and smoking in the common area. I also have problem finding a location (no comfy hair). to sit down and just relax. The girl in my room also brought back a guy at mid night sleep on the spare bed without sheet.

Staff were helpful and friendly and helped us arrange day trips and our bus to Lijiang. Hostel is 5 minutes walk from the bar and restaurant streets in old town. Room was big and clean with all the necessities.

Very comfortable that i lived in there for about 20days!!

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

I really loved this hostel! The location was nice and quiet. It is within close walking distance from Dali Old Town, but far enough away to have a nice relaxed atmosphere. Their staff were amazing - so helpful and friendly. The private room that we got was beyond our expectations. It was large and comfortable. Their food is delicious, well priced and organic. I really loved everything about this place!

Matt was very helpful and the ambiance is cozy!

The staff were very helpful and the room was great. The dumpling party and BBQ was excellent. The internet was slow but workable and they have good hardwired computers to use.

Thank you so much. Really hope to see you guys again. We have more beers right now. That will be helpful for your husband "Beer collection' when you can come next time. :)

Great staff, very friendly ! Cool atmosphere with nice japonese-style rooms !

Thank you so much. We really appreciate for this. Hope to see you guys next time. we got more kind of drinks and more fun. :)

Great staff, very pleasant place to stay.

Thank you very much,We got more fun now! hope see you next time.

this hostel is located out side of Dali old town, but just 3 or 5 mins by foot. totaly quiet area. staffs are very friendly and helpful. She bought us the train tickets instead of us, because we couldn't have time to get them. the room I stayed is double room. very nice. big enough. good hostel here!!

Great staff... Friendly and helpful !!!!