Five Stones Hostel Reviews

61 South Bridge Road, Singapore, Singapore

Hostel location is good. Rooms are funny. But, if your room is 3th floor, you must go 2th floor via lift in order to shower. Also, reception staff is very young person (13-15) so They are inexperienced.

This is a great hostel in a good location (right beside Clarke Quay). There is a hawker centre 10-15 mins walk away where you can get a meal for less than $5! We stayed in the 14 bed dorm which was very spacious. Bed linen and bathrooms are clean. Lockers are provided. The staff are very friendly. The free breakfast is a great bonus. Would stay here again.

This hostel is in the perfect location. Very near to lots of bars and restaurants as well as tourist attractions. The set up of the hostel is very social, and it was easy to make friends. Would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel, however my bed squeaked so much at night, also my room was very hot at night even with the air-con on.

A very good hostel clean and vibrant. 5 Stars

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

What a great hostel - near food, MRT, great location and clean! You have filtered cold water, wifi, A/C on at all times, and beds are pretty comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. Only inconvenience is if you stay on the 3rd floor, as a guy, you have to go down to the 2nd floor (the main floor) to shower. But not a huge deal. Price is also good relative to other hostels. These guys have a high rating for a reason -

I really liked this hostel. It is centrally located. I slept at the female dorm and highly appreciated the lockers and that the floors are only accessible with a keycard. The mattresses are very comfortable and thanks to a "take of your shoes" policy all rooms are very clean. I would definitely go there again if I returned to Singapore.

good stay like home....

• 4th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

The location of the hostel is very central and therefore very good. Everything was allright except for the bathrooms which were always full of hair. Some of the staff was really friendly but some just neutral.

I like the hostel, the staff were really friendly and helpful. They provide unlimited hot choco which was great. They also provide breakfast :) The bed was too comfy that i overslept! (not complaining at all) :) I recommend this hostel.

Hostel was all round ok the showers could have been kept a bit cleaner but thats just been picky. Free breakfast was good and the staff were nice. Location was good, a short walk to the mrt and chinatown.

I can't say more but excellent!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great hostel! Location is fab and the place is so clean and comfortable. Free tea coffee and use of the washing machine is a bonus.

The hostel is really neat and clean and well maintained. Situated very close to Clarke Quay, the heart of Singapore.

The hostel is very clean and has an excellent location. The bedroom are very clean and comfortable. The staff was not so good, usually when I stay at hostels they usually show the overview from the city and provide maps and recommendations what did not occurred. We booked the hostel for a 6 person room and at the check in we were placed on a 8 room person. Also the hostel charges a lot of money for the towel what in my oppinion is not necesssary for this kind of service in hostels.

All was very good except quietness. Walls between the rooms are so thin that you can hear every word spoken around. Thanks god they have free earplugs at the reception

Very nice, clean, safe place. It's rather noisy at night with the club downstairs and also traffic, but I was able to sleep regardless.

The location is the best possible: literally on the beach and in the center of the night partylife. It's defintely a party hostel.

I stayed here for a week until I could find apartment to live. It was very comfortable stay, every staff was friendly and kind, the room

Flashy hostel to stay in. I strongly recommend it, even if you are a backpacker, because you'll meet lots of people! And the price per night is within the usual range of prices of hostels in Singapore.