Five Stones Hostel Reviews

61 South Bridge Road, Singapore, Singapore

Excellent Hostel which is absolutely worth its price! Location and service are awesome! No windows in the rooms though. In my room you could here some noise from the nightclub next door but while travelling you should always have earplugs at hand anyway Otherwise there are free ones available at the reception. I can absolutly recommend this place!

If cna provide eyes shade be giod coz ppl wao on and out....overall is great!!!!!love it Btw toilet water overflow at male toilet when 3 showers in use at same time.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Five Stones Hostel is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in!! It's located very close to good nightlife spots, and you can walk to Marina Bay within 15 Mins. The staff is very friedly and helpful. Good breakfast. And everything was clean, always!!! Had a really great stay there!

Friendly helpful staff, great place and great location. I would definitely come back again! Keith Ballard Milken United States National Educator

• 5th Apr 2014

At night you could hear a little bit of music from next door club, but it wasn't so bad that you couldn't sleep. Snoring roommates are worst ;-) I had no problem to fall asleep. Overall this was probably the best hostel i have ever been.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Czech Republic

I really enjoyed my stay at the Five Stones Hostel. Staff is very helpful and friendly, facilities are good, beds are comfy. The only negativ thing: there is a club close to the hostel playing loud music all night.

Great location, friendly and helpul staff, convenient and clean premises. Will definitely come back on my next trip to Singapore!

very good hostel, friendly and clean. great location, walking distance to major sites, China town, city center and MRT (2min to purple line, however 10 min to green airport line - still better than interchanging from green to purple line). only downside: hot shower sometimes only warm, not hot. toilets and bathroom mixed on every floor, only showers separated (male 2nd floor female third floor - dorms are on both floors)

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Austria

The hostel itself isn't too bad, it's on a good position (you have to walk >5min to a metro station). Free breakfast (toast and serials is also nice. That's all good about it. Very sad've been the people who stay there. Nearly all of them are chineese groups. Nobody speak to somebody else, all are very close. Nothing for singletraveler! Chineese often work in sleepingroom in the night, example planing trip, finish clothwashing. No way to sleep. Beds are quite noisy because made out of metal.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

Hi there! Sorry to hear that you were not able to interact much with the Asian travellers we had at the hostel during your stay. As it was still holiday season in Korea, quite a lot of them had chosen to stay with us which may explain why you felt like all you saw was them, day in and day out. For our bunkbeds, we try to oil them as regularly as possible but if you spot a creak that you would like us to fix, you can always look for us at the reception. See you soon! :)

it was gooooooood!!

• 9th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Plus: top location, clean room, toilet and shower area. Fast internet. Most importantly, they have spray in the toilet! Minus: my bunk bed (just) a bit squeaky, some dorms have no window (some do have, so better check when booking), door to my dorm did not lock properly (although this was not much of a concern as access to the hostel itself is limited using access card). Given the value, I'd stay there again without a doubt. In fact, I have already booked another stay!

The staff here was excellent, and the hangout area was pretty cool, though when I was there, guests didn't seem all that sociable--a little disappointing. Breakfast was nice, too! Haven't had cheese on toast provided by a hostel in a long time. The most important part though is the location: no more than ten minutes walk from both Chinatown and Clarke Quay.

My first hostel I stayed in during my first trip to Asia! What a great facility. The front desk is super helpful and everything is oh-so clean!

Room shares a wall with a club- music started at midnight. Terrible beds, floors not clean and dirty bathrooms with no toilet paper. Price was too high for the quality received at this hostel. No map offered to me, no recommendations for food, etc. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Located very close to the metro and centrally in the city. Hard place to get a good night of sleep. Uncomfortable beds and pillows. There were also someone's hairs in my bed and sheets when I arrived.

i am confusion about why i must pay 5%more when i use credit card check out. otherthings are ok.

• 9th Jan 2014
  • China

One of the best hostels I've stayed in-the staff can't do enough to help you and the location is great.

This was a great hostel! Perfect location. Near everything I wanted to see, easy metro and bus access. Extremely clean, very comfortable. Had everything I needed or wanted. Also the staff is so nice. Nicollete (I think was her name) was especially kind and helpful. What a lovely person!

Very nice Hostel and really clean. It matches the the cleanness of Singapore. Great theme and super friendly and cute staff who help in any way they can. It location is near China Town and close to Clark Q the partying drink area. I used the subway and tram system very little as everything was so close. It was a little quite but a great place in terms or meeting up with others.

This hostel is on the expensive side but I think it has the facilities to warrant the price. Very secure hostel, great aircon in the room, but no window for natural light. I had the worst time finding this hostel as the directions provided appeared to be pretty clear but then i ended up walking right past it 3 times as there is no sign. finally when i did find it i noticed that there was a tiny poster that looked more like an advertisement rather than a sign to let you know the business name.

People in Singapore are friendly, but hostel's staff take good service and friendliness to a new level! Location is just perfect. Very close to Clark Quay, Boat Quay and Chinatown. Bus stop is just under the hostel and 2 subway stations approximately 5 min away. The rooms and bathrooms are incredibly clean. The breakfast and common areas is a great place to meet new people or just chill. Washer, drier and iron are free to use. If you don't have soap they can sell it (better prices than 7-11).