Fivos Reviews

23 Athinas Street, Acropolis, Monastiraki, Athens, Greece

We stayed there on two different occassions. The first time, we had a leak from the AC. The second time, the window was not closing properly and I was eaten alive by mosquitos.

• 30th Jun 2015

Room up on the fifth floor tiny and very stuffy. Staff not very friendly....

I would not recommend this hostel. The first night we were there we didn't have electricity in our room. They also didn't provide us with any kind of blanket on the bed. Puddles would form on our floor during the night from unknown sources. We also had a lot of broken furniture in our room. The wifi is awful and the breakfast was not good. The put out lots of old, brown fruits. I would not stay here again.

• 27th Jun 2015

Your basically just paying for the location. If lack of cleanliness or claustraphobia doesn't phase you, you'll be fine. But our tiny room literally smelled like a toilet and the manager did little or nothing to solve it. Included breakfast isn't too bad.

the staff are very friendly and helpful! The location is also very nice! it takes you only 15 minutes to the acropolis!

Staff at desk very friendly. Could sure use an elevator. Room got hot in early AM when they turned off the A/C.

• 20th Jun 2015

Stayed in a private room for a night and arrived very late straight from the airport. Room was nice and everything we needed especially for the great price. Would recommend

Our triple bed room was very small and poorly furnished. The beds were uncomfortable because strings felt through the mattresses. Air condition didn't work so we had to keep the window open all the time. After staying two nights in the Fivos we were bitten and itchy. We really hope that those insects came from window and not from the bed or structures of the room. Wifi didn't work in our room which was in third floor. Room was hot, noisy and dirty.

Really the only upside is its proximity to the metro. Our room was old, tiny and very basic. To top it off, we had no aircon during our stay. Staff was not helpful at all. The corridors werent that hot but our room was so stuffy and we couldnt sleep at all. We opened the windows when we slept and heard rats... The following morning we had no water. On the second night of our stay, we left at midnight and headed to the airport to sleep and to wait for our morning flight.

Although the location was great, I wouldn't choose to stay in a hostel again because of the poor facilities and breakfast,

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Greece

Location is great. But ther's NO ventilation what so ever. To get some air we had to open the window and then we could't sleep because of the noisy road passing right under us.

Stayed in a women's room with 4 beds in, the room was cramped, AC didnt work, and we had to keep the windows open that looked at one of the busiest streets in Athens, which meant no sleep for those nights since the noise was incredibly, truly, awful. There was one plug for 4 people in the room, meaning in case you wanted your mobile phone charged you had to go to the common room and wait there doing nothing, until charged. The toillets couldnt flush, and I would not recommend this place to any1.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Although there are no elevators a staff member was kind enough to help me take my bags upstairs to the 4th floor, I was very greatful. Sleeping under creaky stairs wasn't ideal and the room was very hot, I was quite alarmed when an earthquake woke me at 4am, but this is not a fault of the hostel! Overall I didn't sleep very well!

This was one of the cheapest places to stay in Athens, it's very evident that you get what you pay for here. Besides the good location and the one very fun & helpful staff member who worked mid afternoon till night there aren't many compliments to give. This is a place to sleep not a place to have an experience, meet people, and have fun. There's no wifi, the bathroom flooded every time we used the shower, the bathroom door didn't fully shut, and it was extremely hot during the day and night.

The location is amazing! lots going on in this area of Athens. The hostel does not have any lockers which is an issue as there is no where safe to keep your belongings. The rooms where extremely hot and stuffy, it was only 25 degrees outside but the rooms felt like it was about 40! I can't image what it would be like in the midst of summer.

• 7th Jun 2015

The hostel changed their price that I was to pay when I arrived. I have an email saying it would be one price and when I got there they said that was no longer true and I would have to pay triple what I had planned on. Probably should have just walked out considering the hostel itself was pretty disgusting but it was only one night. Definitely wouldn't recommend staying here if you can avoid it.

• 6th Jun 2015

Fifth floor with no elevator, very small room and not very clean

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Israel

Great location, staff was nice and helpful.

Pros: near Monastiraki square and the subway. Cons: no water pressure when taking a shower and a mix of very cold and very hot water, wifi that doesn't work - even in the lobby and common room, a/c that does not work and no lift to get up to your room (this place has five floors), extremely noisy (room was facing the main street). Breakfast is pretty basic. We stayed for a single night just before our flight - would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone staying longer.

Amazing location. Showers were not very clean and very small, had the water accumulate while showering. No electrical plugs, one per room and none in the bathroom. Great place if it's just a place to sleep.

« first « Prev 1 2 3