Fivos Reviews

23 Athinas Street, Acropolis, Monastiraki, Athens, Greece

Hostel is nice... and the staff is really helpfull.

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Turkey

Facilities could have been cleaner and the location is a little scary at night. It seemed like everything was broken when we were there.

it was raining heavily on our arrival, but we found our hotel easily. room is neat and toilet is clean. hotel was near the Monastiraki or Plaka Flea Market.

The room and bathroom were dirty. Our room was hidden and hence we did not get wifi inside the room. We had to go outside to the common floor to access it. Otherwise the stay was okay.

Staff were friendly and rooms were nice but a few problems. A/C takes a few hours to effect the temperature and there was no elevator which was a bit of a pain as we were on the 3rd floor with a lot of luggage. Otherwise, great location.

Fivos is in a great spot. It is very old, beds not very comfortable & no fridge or aircon in our room. Fan was goòd & we had a quiet room. Breakfast was good & staff were pleasant & helpful.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

The shower was dirty and the room filled with beds without space.

I was concerned that when I handed over my bag to be stored in the locked luggage room, the clerk left it lying on the counter for several minutes while he engaged in conversation with another employee. When I asked him not to leave it, he merely put it behind the counter and said that the front door was locked, so I shouldn't be concerned. Later, I saw my bag in the luggage room, but sitting on a shelf right next to the open framework door where any passerby could reach in and take things out.

The air con sucked sometimes it would, other times it wouldn't. The bathroom was very dirty, no ventilation at all. The only thing that worked well was the wifi. Staff were quite friendly. Most likely wouldn't stay here again.

Location was great for sightseeing. The building was old and the room was fairly spartanic.

aircon is not cold , needs servicing ?

The pictures in this web do not reflect reallity. We found a very old and "gray" hostel. It was dull, dark, and ugly. We expected something radically different. We had the sensation of paying too much for what we got. We do not reccomend this hotel at all.

The location was excellent and staff polite, but it was all extremely dirty.I had a stain on my sheet that seemed menstruation. We were quite disgusted to take shower because the bathroom was smelly and dirty.

• 5th Aug 2015

Airco in the rooms were just fans. Rooms smell bad. Shower & toilets dirty and very small. Saw some cockroach in the room. Terrace couldn't be opened when asked. No meeting place in the hostel. Awful lights.

The wifi doesnt work at all. The room was on the 5th floor and there werent any elevators. There is no air conditioner and is really really hot in the room. The toilet was small and uncomfortable.

I stayed in a private room, this hostel served it purpose of accommodation. When I was there, it really lacked in atmosphere, people just sitting around the common room researching the next part of their trip or facebooking or whatever, no one was talking to each other and no effort was been made,

dear fivos-stafff i think in the room on the second floor all at the end (forgot the number) has flees. my girlfriend got some bites. apart of that it was a very nice stay. thanks.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Fantastic location which is very easy to reach from the metro, very friendly and helpful staff, and a good breakfast! The wifi didn't always work though and the bathrooms were not so clean.

We stayed one night and arrived at 20:30. The room was good, the AC worked well and the bed wasn't bad. But we had to climbe 4 floors by stairs and that isn't tell any where when booking. However is very near of monasteraki station that is one of the main stations in athens and you can walk to very nice restaurants.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Argentina

The shower water pressure was terrible and it kept randomly switching from hot to cold. Moreover, only one of two showers on my floor was available (the light in the other one didn't work, so it wasn't really good for taking a shower), which was a drag. Other than that, the staff was great and the location was pretty good because it was close to a lot of stuff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4