Fivos Reviews

23 Athinas Street, Acropolis, Monastiraki, Athens, Greece

It was a nice but noisy night...

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Greece

It was a great location, very close to the metro station and the Monastiraki square, the Acropolis and very good restaurants. The hostel itself was clean and nice; only bad thing is climbing the stairs up to the fifth floor with big bags is not the best thing in the world, then the shower in the ensuite rooms is too small to have a comfortable shower. Overall, it was very nice.

This was my second stay at Fivos (previous stay: 2012) and I consider it an excellent place: clean, efficient, unpretentious, convenient. I was particularly touched by the fact that, having arrived by ferry from Crete before 8 am, I was offered a choice: a more comfortable room at 3rd floor available at 12 am, or a less comfortable room at 5th floor available immediately. Dying for a shower and some rest, I gratefully jumped at the second option. Also: there's Greek salad for breakfast!

The location and staff are excellent, the breakfast is great, bedrooms were clean and shower was hot and with reasonably good pressure. But there were some negatives points: that the shower is free stand and we think is quite difficult take a bath with this kind of shower; there is no lift in the place, we stayed in the 5th floor and was quite difficult to bring the luggages up and down from our room; the WiFi is free but just works in the 2th floor and is not enough to comply with all guests.

Not a nice place, not very safe either, rooms are small and beds old and uncomfortable. I made a last minute booking for only 1 night at Fivos since all the other hotels were fully booked... but it was a huge dissapointment! Would never go back again.