Fivos Reviews

23 Athinas Street, Acropolis, Monastiraki, Athens, Greece

Decent hostel. good facilities and amazing location right in the centre of Athens. Lacked atmosphere when I was there, with everyone generally keeping to themselves. The bathrooms were disgusting and need to be cleaned much more often.

The hotel is very well located and you don't need to use any transportation to visit he landmarks. The staff is very friendly and helpful!! The down side is the uncomfortable bed and bathrooms get very wet plus hot showers are unstable. Paid 20 euros per night for a couple which was a good price.

• 26th Jan 2016

I needed to print something, the staff told me 50 cents Euro for 1 paper, I thought I just needed 2 pages, it's ok. After printing, the guy told me I had to pay for the computer use even i just used 5 mins for download my files. So i paid 1 euro for computer, 1 euro for 2 pages

For the money paid (€10,00) it is awesome, especially because it includes breakfast. The only problem I faced was with the owner or general manager. With the guests he is OK, but he is kinda rude with his employees, arguing with them in front of the customers. But anyways, it deserves a 5 star.

• 19th Jan 2016

Absolutely perfect location in the real heart of the city, you can reach everywhere by walking, amazing street markets nearby... Breakfast is very basic, but it's included in the price, which is very low (ensuite doublebed private room for 10€/person/night) - so what can you expect? The only thing that we missed was at least basic kitchen facilities (there is not even a cup, plate, knife, fork, or spoon). But alltogether, I definitely recommend this hotel.

Location is great, value for money. Toilet is too small for bath, hot water supply is unstable . Overall is worth for lowest prive

The hotel offers basic and a bit outdated facilities but is clean and warm .Wi-Fi connection problem need to be fix too. The location though compensate for all the little flaws. Perfect place to stay for a night or 2.

Great location and staff, good breakfast, clean. Some aspects are a little aged, but for the price you can't expect everything to be brand new. Not very social, but I blame that more on modern society's addiction to social networking than anything else. Great place, I would stay again.

Location is at the heart of Athens. Didn't have to take any public transportation anywhere, simply walk from the hotel and you get yourself a vacation. Bathroom was small, and definitely could be improved, but it was clean and the room was clean as well. Improtantly, very very nice and helpful staffs. All in all a very enjoyable stay!

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Indonesia

If you are going to Athens, Fivos Hostel will be your perfect place. In the city center, very close to metro station and bus stop from airport...and a great staff!!!

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Spain

Hostel is nice... and the staff is really helpfull.

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Turkey

Facilities could have been cleaner and the location is a little scary at night. It seemed like everything was broken when we were there.

it was raining heavily on our arrival, but we found our hotel easily. room is neat and toilet is clean. hotel was near the Monastiraki or Plaka Flea Market.

The room and bathroom were dirty. Our room was hidden and hence we did not get wifi inside the room. We had to go outside to the common floor to access it. Otherwise the stay was okay.

Staff were friendly and rooms were nice but a few problems. A/C takes a few hours to effect the temperature and there was no elevator which was a bit of a pain as we were on the 3rd floor with a lot of luggage. Otherwise, great location.

Fivos is in a great spot. It is very old, beds not very comfortable & no fridge or aircon in our room. Fan was goòd & we had a quiet room. Breakfast was good & staff were pleasant & helpful.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

The shower was dirty and the room filled with beds without space.

I was concerned that when I handed over my bag to be stored in the locked luggage room, the clerk left it lying on the counter for several minutes while he engaged in conversation with another employee. When I asked him not to leave it, he merely put it behind the counter and said that the front door was locked, so I shouldn't be concerned. Later, I saw my bag in the luggage room, but sitting on a shelf right next to the open framework door where any passerby could reach in and take things out.

The air con sucked sometimes it would, other times it wouldn't. The bathroom was very dirty, no ventilation at all. The only thing that worked well was the wifi. Staff were quite friendly. Most likely wouldn't stay here again.

Location was great for sightseeing. The building was old and the room was fairly spartanic.