Fivos Reviews

23 Athinas Street, Acropolis, Monastiraki, Athens, Greece

Close to Main square, train terminal, great food, markets, the Acropolis (which is amazing). Not much to do at hostel better for shorter stays.

Air conditioning was off and they would not turn it back on, no hot water and wi-fi was working on and off. It was cheap and in a great location, but I'm not sure I'd stay there again. Staff were really helpful for suggestions of places to go.

Pros: location is awesome which is why we selected our stay here and it was a reasonable price plus who doesn't love when breakfast is included. Cons: the facilities were manageable but not anywhere near ideal. I did notice cleaning being done often but the beds were old and there was no toilet seats! Maybe this was temporary but it was incredibly inconvenient for us at the time. Overall an average stay. The desk was very helpful and they also stored our bags which was great and should be noted.

What a fabulous place - about 2 seconds walk from Monastraki metro and equally close to anywhere you'd want to go day or night in Athens. The staff are lovely and helped us with transfers to the port, as well as breakfast at that early time of the morning!

Do not stay here! Staff was rude and unhelpful. They first told me I was not allowed to get the breakfast even though in their amenities said free breakfast. I reserved for two females in a 4 dorm but they split us up. They put one of us on 5th floor and did not help at all to take the luggage up the 5 flights of stairs. I reserved for one night but they tried to charge me for two. I had to tell them twice. Showers are cold. No air conditioner in rooms. Don't stay here. Awful experience.

• 31st May 2014

Overall we were pleased with this hostel, for the price we received adequate accommodation. The location is excellent within easy walking distance of all the main attractions and places to eat. Perfect for the metro to the airport. The room itself was very hot, the air con didn't work and the traffic made it too noisy to open the window at night. Hot water was sporadic. The room itself was clean although the bathroom ceiling was moldy. The staff were really friendly and knowledgeable.

Great location, cozy rooms. Nothing much one could ask for in a stay in Athens!

A little run down and very simple but good enough for a night or two if need be. Right on the main street so very, very loud unfortunately. No elevator either. However, the staff are brilliant and accommodating! The lovely lady behind the desk was very helpful and nice and Theo in the travel agency is a lifesaver. Put the best trip together for me for 5 days around the islands in no time!! And I absolutely loved it!! This place is good for a quick stay, especially if you're in Athens!

TO AVOID!There was no hot water in my room at all,they pretended they didn't know why but in the end it turned out they turn it off in order to make economies; i got ill eventually after using cold shower.The stuff was unbelievably rude and incompetent,not to mention bed bugs,a ridiculiously tiny single room they gave me,lack of cleanniness in general.And they demanded a full paiement on arrival before u can actually see the room and its too late.Wi FI never worked neither.Worst experience ever.

We've traveling around the world for 7 months now, and this is the second worst hostel we've stayed. Horrible rooms, noisy like no other, no curtains, small bathroom. No help at all from the staff (barely speak in english). Wifi didn't even exist and no one knew how to fix it. The only good thing, which was really good, was the location. Right down the Acropolis and two steps away from a metro station. Anyway, I would never recommend this hostel.

This was our first hostel in Europe. It was right at the metro, main Montastiraki square and acropolis. Good value for money and our double with private bath was great

The staff don't speak english and is not nice. Moreover, they tried to cheat me with the price. That is unacceptable. The mood is also bad. I do not recommand this hostel.

Location - Excellent, close to tourist sites but perhaps more intimidating at night fall with youths and homeless nearby. We had no issue though. Staff - Friendly and helpful when asked. Mr Consolas at Consolas Travel agency next door was wonderfully helpful and friendly. Highly recommended. Atmosphere - low season, hostel not designed to hang around in. Hostel was clean, fresh sheets and towels. Facilities were lacking a touch, common room needs an upgrade + bathrooms could use ventilation.

• 22nd Apr 2014

The location is good however it was difficult (as a girl) having limited outlets in the rooms and the bathrooms. Old beds. Good Wi-fi.

The hotel gives you a great location to stay in, very much centrally located, though the room was small , but the location of it will surely drive me back to the hotel, cheers !!!!

A very good location. Old but good facilities and in good condition. Cobgratulations.

i spent a night there,in a room on the highest floor. The bathroom was sparkling clean and even though the room was old and had a distinct odor of mold or something of the sort,it was also clean. Linen and towels were fresh. The mattress in the bed was in a bad shape and was pretty uncomfortable. WiFi is good and the staff is amazing and helpful.

1 2 Next » last »