Fivos Reviews

23 Athinas Street, Acropolis, Monastiraki, Athens, Greece

Although the location was great, I wouldn't choose to stay in a hostel again because of the poor facilities and breakfast,

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Greece

Location is great. But ther's NO ventilation what so ever. To get some air we had to open the window and then we could't sleep because of the noisy road passing right under us.

This was a pretty average hostel. The location was great right near the sq and market and some cool restaurants and night life. Good transport easy to get to from the airport train station right near by. Having said that there are a lot of stairs the air-conditioning does not work at all in any of the rooms (I spoke to a lot of others about their rooms and theirs didn't work either). It is insanely hot and stuffy, the room was the size of the bed, the breakfast is ok, Wouldn't stay again.

Stayed in a women's room with 4 beds in, the room was cramped, AC didnt work, and we had to keep the windows open that looked at one of the busiest streets in Athens, which meant no sleep for those nights since the noise was incredibly, truly, awful. There was one plug for 4 people in the room, meaning in case you wanted your mobile phone charged you had to go to the common room and wait there doing nothing, until charged. The toillets couldnt flush, and I would not recommend this place to any1.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Although there are no elevators a staff member was kind enough to help me take my bags upstairs to the 4th floor, I was very greatful. Sleeping under creaky stairs wasn't ideal and the room was very hot, I was quite alarmed when an earthquake woke me at 4am, but this is not a fault of the hostel! Overall I didn't sleep very well!

This was one of the cheapest places to stay in Athens, it's very evident that you get what you pay for here. Besides the good location and the one very fun & helpful staff member who worked mid afternoon till night there aren't many compliments to give. This is a place to sleep not a place to have an experience, meet people, and have fun. There's no wifi, the bathroom flooded every time we used the shower, the bathroom door didn't fully shut, and it was extremely hot during the day and night.

The location is amazing! lots going on in this area of Athens. The hostel does not have any lockers which is an issue as there is no where safe to keep your belongings. The rooms where extremely hot and stuffy, it was only 25 degrees outside but the rooms felt like it was about 40! I can't image what it would be like in the midst of summer.

• 7th Jun 2015

The hostel changed their price that I was to pay when I arrived. I have an email saying it would be one price and when I got there they said that was no longer true and I would have to pay triple what I had planned on. Probably should have just walked out considering the hostel itself was pretty disgusting but it was only one night. Definitely wouldn't recommend staying here if you can avoid it.

• 6th Jun 2015

Fifth floor with no elevator, very small room and not very clean

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Israel

Great location, staff was nice and helpful.

Pros: near Monastiraki square and the subway. Cons: no water pressure when taking a shower and a mix of very cold and very hot water, wifi that doesn't work - even in the lobby and common room, a/c that does not work and no lift to get up to your room (this place has five floors), extremely noisy (room was facing the main street). Breakfast is pretty basic. We stayed for a single night just before our flight - would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone staying longer.

Amazing location. Showers were not very clean and very small, had the water accumulate while showering. No electrical plugs, one per room and none in the bathroom. Great place if it's just a place to sleep.

No air conditioning as described. The front desk did not accept a Credit Card for payment as described. Don't advertise things you don't have and/or aren't working. We felt extremely mislead and didn't get much for sleep the entire stay.

Worst hostel I have ever stayed at. The room smelled terrible, showers were dirty, mold and mildew on the shower doors, hair on my bedding. The wifi was horrible and even the few minutes it did work the connection was very slow. Other guests had the same experience with the wifi too. The doorbell for guests to ring after hours was very loud and annoying. Should only ring for night worker to hear in lobby. I could not wait to leave this place.

The staff were really great and are very flexible - I arrived early in the morning and there was somewhere secure to leave my bags and they invited me to enjoy the breakfast and use the wi-fi while my room was prepared.

• 28th May 2015

Needs lockers in rooms. Rooms were very noisy without earplugs. Breakfast was excellent! Location was perfect.

Fantastic location, so close to all main attractions. Lovely, really helpful staff. Room was pleasant but the hotel isn't very soundproof (it's a creaky old building) so you can hear people in corridors/stairs a lot but didn't pose much of an issue for sleeping (we didn't go in peak season though.) Excellent value for money though would recommend staying here! Side note - not accessible for disabled people as there's a lot of stairs to rooms and no lifts.

When I compare the price İt is a good place. And the workers is good people. Maybe breakfeast should be better than now.

• 26th May 2015
  • Turkey

Very helpful staff, old building, poor breakfast but very good location.

Apart from its location and staff which is good, the rest is terrible. Bad bed, bad WiFi, room was very hot with little ventilation, very tired setting. Hostel of last resort.