Flamingo Hostel Reviews

Szewska 4, Krakow, Poland

I lost 200 euros in this hostel due to a hole in the security of the hostel. The main entrance door is always open and the lock to our dorm was broken. Two guys came in and stole all my money. All the people from my dorm were out because there is just no wifi connection in the room so you have to sit in front of the reception and there too it takes a lot of time to connect. I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone.

Everything you could ask for and more! Would be delighted to stay here again!

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

we would love that ! Thank you :)

I had an unpleasent experience in Flamingo Hostel. They have only 3 showers, which normally should not be a problem, but when the hot water does not work most of the time, it is awful. You may be taking a shower and then it will suddenly ends and it will freeze so much that you will get a headache. Also, a member of the staff called me and my girlfriend "love birds" in an ironic way and was disturbing other people at the bar too, despite being on the OK hour of having fin - until 11.

Dear Pedro, we've got 3 showers available in the main bathroom, on the heaters there's information which one is available, propably you've checked that wrong. You could ask the receptionist, we'll always help you :) About the "love birds", I'm really sorry if you get it as a ironic epression, I'm sure that the staff used that in a nice meaning, no one wanted to rasp you. Kind regards !

Loved staying here! Such cheap beer and vodka, but don't come if you want to get a full nights sleep!

Haha, thank you ! Hope to see you again :)

Very nice, clean, comfortable and friendly place

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Poland

And friendly guests !

The staff in the hostel were fantastic! Always there to help you with any questions or even ideas for day trips and best bars and restaurants. We stayed in the old town apartments so a short walk away from the main hostel! They were very secure and comfortable. Location is fantastic right in the main square, Only minor moan was it can be a bit noisy at night as you are facing the street but a few vodkas later you'll be sleeping like a baby. Overall a great stay and would definitely go back!

• 20th Jan 2016

Thank You very much for the review ! Can't wait to see you again :)

Best location ever. Staff is really cool, I had a great time at the hostel! Free shots, an awesome pub crawl and cheap beer at the bar. They even brought free shots to us at the room on the first night haha I just don't like that we didn't have access to the kitchen, and sometimes you have to wait for hot water to shower. But totally recommend the place!

Can't beat the price or the location

We're proud because of the location, that's truth :)

The hostel in general was average. The staff at the biggining was nice but dind't seen to care a lot about problems. The breakfast was good but the dishes were almost all badly washed. One good thing is the location but the security not soo much. I went to Krakow with too friends, and we all and different reservations but because we made the check in together the guy only gave us one key to the room... we asked for one more and also keys for the lockers but we didn't receive netheir of them.

Wonderful location but think they ride on that. Staff on arrival were lovely. But am afraid despite asking several times about the non existent wifi in the room,the problem was never solved and kinda felt fobbed off. Lack of interest. Folk in the hostel were a strange mix. One guy was so drunk he burst through the dorm door,this is despite there being a card to open. This was before the pub crawl they went on. Right on main sq,but really would urge folk to try elsewhere for similar price.

Flamingo is a great place to stay if you've never been to Krakow. The staff was super friendly, beds were nice, facilities were nice, and there's a small-hostel atmosphere, which is a lot of fun. I definitely recommend to anyone coming to Krakow!

If it's a party hostel you want then this is definitely a great place. I had a really great three nights here. However if your looking to really relax I'd recommend elsewhere.

• 6th Jan 2016

The staff was really helpful but in my 1st night one of them came in talking loud turning on lights at 3 am because somebody was just arriving. The location was great. But the 1st day I had to shower with cold water, the answer of the staff was go and shower in the other baths, Well I paid for an ensuit room so the bathroom should be working. They didnt clean the room and bathroom on Wednesday 7th. At the same time In the night was tooo much noise outside and inside the hostel.

My experience with this was the as possible. I think I wasnt a lot of friends told me is a place. For me, went wrong. The good thing was the location. They sent me to the "old town", which is 100m ahead of the recepcion. The light got off twice, there was no paper in the toilette, no plug near the bed, no place to lock my bag, no towels to rent, no courtins at the room, the bed was unconfortable, there is a night club just under the room. So ... I used to travel and for me was the worst hostel.

The staff were amazing, they put on a bar crawl which was and really looked after the group from the hostel. Very helpful and made people feel very welcome! There is a great in this hostel and everyone was very friendly! Ideal location and plenty going on inside and outside the hostel. I'd you book a private room if you want peace and quiet, though (not for bad reasons, just because the hostel is lively and tries to get everyone involved!

When I arrived I didn't have a cover for my pillow or a key for my room! The shower works through a boiler, so almost all the time the water is cold!

Perfect location, perfect staff, age average was very good, i couldnt find a negative thing through out my stay, very friendly staff they provided everything we asked for without any hesitation, i would surely stay there next time and recomend it to my friends. Thumbs up

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We booked a tour with reception and he told us to be at the pick up point at 8:00am and not to be late. We were there early and the bus never arrived. I had to call the hostel and they advised that he booked us for the 10:00am tour so we were standing out in the -16 degrees weather for two hours. With no apology from the hostel. Very disappointing.

Flamingo was by far the best hostel I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. The atmosphere was so social and friendly, and the people brilliant, I'm going to recommend staying at Flamingo to all of my friends. Special shout out to Sebastian, who was super cool despite me being a demanding pain in the ass all day. That guy really knows how to multitask!

• 31st Dec 2015

I really enjoyed my time here and would have stayed longer if possible! The staff were really fun and common area/bar was a great place to meet people. The hostel runs pub crawls most, if not every night, as well. Flamingo is technically a party hostel, but it doesn't feel commercialized or impersonal like a lot of party hostels; it feels more like your going out with a good group of friends already.

Thanks! We are one big Flamingo Family, no other place like here :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5