Flamingo Hostel Reviews

Szewska 4, Krakow, Poland

I love traveling and I`ve been more than 40 countries and stayed many hostels. Mostly I was satisfied because I`m not that picky person but this time... When I got the hostel they made me wait for 30min and sent me to another building(7min walk from the hostel) and walk to the top(4th floor) no eleviator. In the room there was a broken small fan and moulded heater and low wifi signal.I had to walk to the main hostel for breakfast everymorning. You`d better stay another place in my opinion.

Overall, the hostel was okay. First time flying into Kraków & the directions the hostel gave me were wrong. I was told to take a train to the main train station, but I was informed at the airport that there was no train. Rooms were pretty clean, staff were friendly, would be nice to have access to kitchen utensils. Wifi didn't work in my room the entire time, even after being reset. Hung out in the common room a few nights but no one else was there. Excellent location though!

• 21st Aug 2015

A nice hostel but unfortunately we had a negative experience. Their computer did not update our booking that was made June 6. They offered us a place in a 10min away apartment block they owned, still being renovated & no wifi. The pushy manager wanted everyone to participate in his pub crawls each night. We had cold showers each night even after mentioning it to reception, no wifi in our room and the pub crawl made noise till 11:20 when quiet hours began at 11pm. Stale bread and cornflakes.

We are very sorry for the problem with our system and Your booking, but as I recall You recieved upgrade without any extra payment! (You should have 6-bed dorm, You had private room); We always invite our guests to join our parties, that's the part of polish culture. I didn't want to be pushy... Maybe if You would join us You wouldn't be angry about 20 minutes of quiet time violation.

Right in the center of the old town.

Good for the cost and very central. Meant to be a pub crawl every night but for some reason there wasn't one the night I stayed. No aircon so the room got pretty warm but there was a fan. Staff were friendly and rooms were kept reasonably clean. Ensuite Shower was really nice

We party every night (almost) because sometimes people are too tired of drinking and partying until morning. If You come again - we promise You that we will take You out for the party of Your life!

We really enjoyed our stay however we period have liked a kitchen.

• 11th Aug 2015

Staff wasn't very nice. Beds were dirty and not made upon arrival. We also had to buy towels and the towels we received had holes and were the size of a hand towel.

• 10th Aug 2015

The private room is fine for a hostel and for the price paid. However, there is a bit of false advertising. After we had booked the private room, we received an email that we would be in a different location, four blocks away from the hostel and further from the main square (i.e. less desireable). This was not mentioned on HostelWorld. So you are directed to go on your own to an apartment which is not trivial to find, then hope you find the light before climbing 83 stairs.

We beg the differ - there is an information about other location - we have private rooms in the hostel and "more" private rooms in other location. Even though, we still send You exact information just after making the reservation. We are sorry, for Your disappointment.

The hostel is located on a busy street near the city center, so expect to hear a lot of noise, especially around bar closing time (even ear plugs didn't help much!). The staff was really nice and helpful though.

That is true - New York, Paris, Cracow, Sao Paolo, Las Vegas... these cities never sleep!

Because I chose a private room I was in the apartment down the street. I was aware of this ahead of time so I cannot complain. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The common room and bar didn't have a great vibe when I was in there but I wasn't there long. Could be different.

Exactly, sometimes people are too tired of parties days before, that's why You didn't catch one. But it happens rarely! Come back some day!

This was a great location for a hostel. Very happy about that. The staff were very young and not so professional it seemed. But they were very kind and elpful when needed.

Great location, very happy, staff young, kind, helpful, why not professional? We solve all the issues, we don't need to wear suits and ties :)

Get an air conditioning! Sometimes it gets really hot in some rooms during the summer

Central location, cosy atmosphere and cheap. Awesome for a stay in Krakow

• 27th Jul 2015

Thanks for the great review, too bad You rate us 80%, if everything was Awesome!

Booked a double room at the Hostel, but it turned out that the double rooms are not at the Hostel, but a 10 minute walk down the road and out of the Old Town completely. There is no mention of this anywhere when booking, only afterwards when I checked the confirmation email it gives you a different address to the main hostel. The free breakfast and other facilities are pointless if they are nowhere near you. The staff insisted I must be wrong and all the information is provided when booking.

• 25th Jul 2015

Location is perfect, just nearby to the old town,just 2 minutes to walk. Staff was friendly, especially Kascha. Also price is cheap for travellers that i can recommend this hostel.

Best hostel we visited during our trip. Location cannot be better. Only thing lacking is air-con!

The staff was very friendly and the location is great. The facilities in the bathroom however were not always very good. Once the toiletseat was broken. It was fixed, but it took some time. Besides, our room was close to the entrance, and a lot of people came in drunk late at night, so we could hear them all talking very loudly. The room also was very small... The common room was very nice however!

The main reason I picked this hostel was because of the magic words "air condition" under the faclities filter when searching. There was NO air conditioning, only one ceiling fan in a large room with could it be turned on without having a light on which kept people awake at night. Regular party hostel, staff was fun..not too bad, not the best..did he trick..but don't false advertise. Months of traveling in heat, I was let down by this one thing.

There is NO airconditioning, and we never said we have one! Next time be careful and double check.

Room 15 min walk from Flamingo for breakfast. Was on 3rd floor (no lift). Hot weather with all rooms facing west, meant leaving windows open (no aircon, but a small fan.) With the window open, the room was very noisy, as the frequent, trams ran from about 5.45 am until late. Only after paying our deposit was it stated that the room was in a separate building and that the bathroom (listed as ensuite) turned out to be in separate room with a separate key. Fridge & stove in kit (4 rooms share)

You had one of our apartments, not a bed in hostel. Please read carefully what You book. Also, we always send You welcome email with all informations You mentioned.

I would rate this hostel as one of the best I have stayed at during my travels across Eastern Europe. The reason for which being, without any hesitation, the staff. Warm and welcoming from the moment I walked in the door, the staff at Flamingo are exceptional. Particular mention must be made here to Alicja; she was extremely helpful in providing invaluable knowledge on local venues and sightseeing which was most appreciated and made for a great time in Kraków. Will be back, thank you Flamingo.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5