Flamingo Hostel Reviews

Szewska 4, Krakow, Poland

The atmosphere is fantastic. Rooms are very clean. And finally the staff is superb. Very patient and kind. Especially Kasia was of a big help with booking local trips. If I come back to Kraków, I'm staying here again. Cheers!

I love traveling and I`ve been more than 40 countries and stayed many hostels. Mostly I was satisfied because I`m not that picky person but this time... When I got the hostel they made me wait for 30min and sent me to another building(7min walk from the hostel) and walk to the top(4th floor) no eleviator. In the room there was a broken small fan and moulded heater and low wifi signal.I had to walk to the main hostel for breakfast everymorning. You`d better stay another place in my opinion.

Hot, noisy, cramped. People sleeping the halls made it feel quite threatening. The toilets/showers were dingy and there was barely any hot water. Staff were unpleasant and could not be bothered to make the effort. Hostel situated on top of a nightclub and no form of aircon or even a fan, so no chance of a good sleep. Mattresses and bed sheets were disgusting. Would not recommend, at all.

Fantastic location, right in the heart of te city, fairly average otherwise except for the girls on the front desk who are so lovely! Not much space in the rooms to move around so fine if you're in a group. Had to wait for hot water for the showers but no more than 10 minutes, nothing disastrous. 24 hour reception was very handy.

This is a great hostel in the best location possible. The staff are so nice and sweet and the people who stayed there were awesome too. Definitely staying here next time I'm in Krakow!

Overall, the hostel was okay. First time flying into Kraków & the directions the hostel gave me were wrong. I was told to take a train to the main train station, but I was informed at the airport that there was no train. Rooms were pretty clean, staff were friendly, would be nice to have access to kitchen utensils. Wifi didn't work in my room the entire time, even after being reset. Hung out in the common room a few nights but no one else was there. Excellent location though!

• 21st Aug 2015

A nice hostel but unfortunately we had a negative experience. Their computer did not update our booking that was made June 6. They offered us a place in a 10min away apartment block they owned, still being renovated & no wifi. The pushy manager wanted everyone to participate in his pub crawls each night. We had cold showers each night even after mentioning it to reception, no wifi in our room and the pub crawl made noise till 11:20 when quiet hours began at 11pm. Stale bread and cornflakes.

We are very sorry for the problem with our system and Your booking, but as I recall You recieved upgrade without any extra payment! (You should have 6-bed dorm, You had private room); We always invite our guests to join our parties, that's the part of polish culture. I didn't want to be pushy... Maybe if You would join us You wouldn't be angry about 20 minutes of quiet time violation.

Right in the center of the old town.

Good for the cost and very central. Meant to be a pub crawl every night but for some reason there wasn't one the night I stayed. No aircon so the room got pretty warm but there was a fan. Staff were friendly and rooms were kept reasonably clean. Ensuite Shower was really nice

We party every night (almost) because sometimes people are too tired of drinking and partying until morning. If You come again - we promise You that we will take You out for the party of Your life!

We really enjoyed our stay however we period have liked a kitchen.

• 11th Aug 2015

Staff wasn't very nice. Beds were dirty and not made upon arrival. We also had to buy towels and the towels we received had holes and were the size of a hand towel.

• 10th Aug 2015

The private room is fine for a hostel and for the price paid. However, there is a bit of false advertising. After we had booked the private room, we received an email that we would be in a different location, four blocks away from the hostel and further from the main square (i.e. less desireable). This was not mentioned on HostelWorld. So you are directed to go on your own to an apartment which is not trivial to find, then hope you find the light before climbing 83 stairs.

We beg the differ - there is an information about other location - we have private rooms in the hostel and "more" private rooms in other location. Even though, we still send You exact information just after making the reservation. We are sorry, for Your disappointment.

The hostel is located on a busy street near the city center, so expect to hear a lot of noise, especially around bar closing time (even ear plugs didn't help much!). The staff was really nice and helpful though.

That is true - New York, Paris, Cracow, Sao Paolo, Las Vegas... these cities never sleep!

Because I chose a private room I was in the apartment down the street. I was aware of this ahead of time so I cannot complain. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The common room and bar didn't have a great vibe when I was in there but I wasn't there long. Could be different.

Exactly, sometimes people are too tired of parties days before, that's why You didn't catch one. But it happens rarely! Come back some day!

This was a great location for a hostel. Very happy about that. The staff were very young and not so professional it seemed. But they were very kind and elpful when needed.

Great location, very happy, staff young, kind, helpful, why not professional? We solve all the issues, we don't need to wear suits and ties :)

Get an air conditioning! Sometimes it gets really hot in some rooms during the summer

Central location, cosy atmosphere and cheap. Awesome for a stay in Krakow

• 27th Jul 2015

Thanks for the great review, too bad You rate us 80%, if everything was Awesome!

Booked a double room at the Hostel, but it turned out that the double rooms are not at the Hostel, but a 10 minute walk down the road and out of the Old Town completely. There is no mention of this anywhere when booking, only afterwards when I checked the confirmation email it gives you a different address to the main hostel. The free breakfast and other facilities are pointless if they are nowhere near you. The staff insisted I must be wrong and all the information is provided when booking.

• 25th Jul 2015

Location is perfect, just nearby to the old town,just 2 minutes to walk. Staff was friendly, especially Kascha. Also price is cheap for travellers that i can recommend this hostel.

Best hostel we visited during our trip. Location cannot be better. Only thing lacking is air-con!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5