Flamingo Hostel Reviews

Szewska 4, Krakow, Poland

Staff were very helpful apart from one arrogant piece of work. Rooms weren't locked but the lockers were big and you could fit everything in. Also had to be buzzed into the hostel at 2 doors so security was alright. Decent breakfast included in the price, staff organised day trips to Auschwitz and there was plenty to do in the evening. Pretty chilled out place for a good price, would go back!

The one arrogant piece of work - not our staff, not Flamingo! Pretty chilled out place, that's true!

I can only truly speak for the staff. The staff is super friendly, honest, they speak good English and they are awesome!

The staff at this hostel is incredibly fair and friendly. I did not get to stay with them but they handled my bookings really professionally. They even managed to cancel the booking with incredibly short notice and I was charged nothing. And they speak good English! A+++

People are most important to us!

This place is located right near all the night life with is a good/ bad thing, because it's hard not to go out when everything is so close. The best thing about the flamingo is Kasia she was the greatest hostel worker ever. She made sure we had such a great time on our pub crawl and definitely saved our lives one night. Thanks for all the fun Kasia

Although none of the bedding really fitted onto the beds, I loved my stay at this hostel and can see why it has won awards. It is in an excellent location just off the main square, meaning it can get a little loud at night but that's expected. When we were there, we went on the bar crawl with Bart and he is may favourite. He started the evening by bringing shots round to every dorm and had one with us. We then all played drinking games in the common room, great way to get to know everyone.

Thanks for the review! Travel is all about fun, isn't it? And we will help You get it in Cracow!

Awesome place, the staff was great and I must say, super clean showers/toilets. I recommend this place to every backpacker! I've backpacked a lot and seen the most but this place really blow me away!

And we recomend ourselves too! :)

Really nice rooms, friendly staff but they didn't tell us we were staying in a separate apartment and didn't give very good directions to the apartment.

We are sorry that You had trouble getting to the apartment. No worries, if You are not sure we will give You map with directions and how-to-get-there instructions :)

Average security; buzzed through two doors to get into the property, though rooms aren't locked and my locker was problematic. Krakow doesn't sleep and if you came to party, it has a prime location and fun atmosphere. There's really no way around the street noise that goes on all night long. Staff very friendly and accommodating- kind enough to offer to refund me three nights. Facilities are dated but there's constant effort to keep things clean. Overall value is fair. You get what you pay for.

We have two secured doors with cameras, we only allow people from the hostel to enter, and we close the dorms on demand - sometimes other guests leave the door opened... You get what You pay for, and more :)

Great location, excellent facilities and great staff. Hostel has a decent bar and is located right in old town, close to pubs and clubs.

I am so happy with the atmosphere of Flamingo Hostel, and the girl who is in the recepcion. The most beautiful and nice girl from Ukrania! Kisses from Spain 😉

• 31st May 2015
  • Spain

The location is great, staff are great and it's clean. The only bad thing about this hostel are the beds. Which are really old and uncomfortable. It was good that we had some good parties to get to bed drunk.

The beds are not old, but they are made of real wood - that's what magic about them :) Thanks for the review!

Location was very central so it was very noisy at night. Not any security- staff buzz you up and the rooms aren't locked. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was standard- bread, spreads, cereal and meat/cheese.

• 21st May 2015

Thanks for the review, we are happy to read that You liked the staff and the breakfast, but we disagree with Your score for location and security. We are located just in the heart of the city, so we should get 5/5 there. Everybody knows, that there are no super quiet places just on the Main Market Square, but we provide You with free earplugs. Also, we have cameras and when we buzz You up - we see You and there is 24/7 reception next to the entrance. Come back some day!

good staff and good atmosphere

Thakns ! See You next year?

Awesome location. Great fun

Excellent hostel, definitely recommend.

Flamingos will miss You!

very good location; however, it's a mediocre hostel; double bed apartments are set in an 'adjacent building' that is some hundred meters away staff's friendlyness depends on the employee who is in service

The staff working there r really nice and helpful which makes great atmosphere.

• 9th May 2015
  • Poland

Thanks for the review! Atmosphere is most important to us!

Staff was extremely helpful. A great location for getting around town. Didn't even need a metro or tram. 5 -10 min walk from the train station.

• 8th May 2015

They are not regular receptionists - they are Flamingos!

Loved flamingo! Every night everyone got together for drinks in the common room, then you chose to go out on the pub crawl or stay in. Great way to meet people! Loved all the staff- they were all lovely. Especially Paul and Patrick. I highly recommend this hostel, especially if you're keen for a good time in Krakow

You loved Flamingo and You became Flamingo! Paul and Patrick say thanks! Others are sad, that You didn't mention them in the review ;)

Great hostel. Rooms were nice enough, as was the included breakfast. Met some great people in my dorm from different parts of the world. Would recommend the bar crawl - the people who lead the bar crawl put a lot of effort in and are a good laugh! Great way of getting to know others in the hostel! Really good value too.