Flamingo Hostel Reviews

Szewska 4, Krakow, Poland

The staff was very friendly and the location is great. The facilities in the bathroom however were not always very good. Once the toiletseat was broken. It was fixed, but it took some time. Besides, our room was close to the entrance, and a lot of people came in drunk late at night, so we could hear them all talking very loudly. The room also was very small... The common room was very nice however!

The main reason I picked this hostel was because of the magic words "air condition" under the faclities filter when searching. There was NO air conditioning, only one ceiling fan in a large room with could it be turned on without having a light on which kept people awake at night. Regular party hostel, staff was fun..not too bad, not the best..did he trick..but don't false advertise. Months of traveling in heat, I was let down by this one thing.

There is NO airconditioning, and we never said we have one! Next time be careful and double check.

Room 15 min walk from Flamingo for breakfast. Was on 3rd floor (no lift). Hot weather with all rooms facing west, meant leaving windows open (no aircon, but a small fan.) With the window open, the room was very noisy, as the frequent, trams ran from about 5.45 am until late. Only after paying our deposit was it stated that the room was in a separate building and that the bathroom (listed as ensuite) turned out to be in separate room with a separate key. Fridge & stove in kit (4 rooms share)

You had one of our apartments, not a bed in hostel. Please read carefully what You book. Also, we always send You welcome email with all informations You mentioned.

I would rate this hostel as one of the best I have stayed at during my travels across Eastern Europe. The reason for which being, without any hesitation, the staff. Warm and welcoming from the moment I walked in the door, the staff at Flamingo are exceptional. Particular mention must be made here to Alicja; she was extremely helpful in providing invaluable knowledge on local venues and sightseeing which was most appreciated and made for a great time in Kraków. Will be back, thank you Flamingo.

Friendly and helpful staff. The bartender/pub crawl guy was very energetic and encouraging people to have a good time. Only 3 showers for something like 9 rooms, but it was not as bad as it sounds, you could wait maybe 10 min until the next one is free, mainly because people have different schedules. Floors are squeaky! You could hear people arriving late or leaving early because the floors amplified the sound of people walking! I use earplugs and sometimes that woke me up. Great location!

Great helpful staff

Cosy hostel centrally located, party vibe. Don't stay in a dorm that faces the street if you value a quiet night's sleep as Krakow goes off every night and bars are across the road. Bar crawl every night from the hostel, it's a good time. Wi-fi was mostly reliable

The hostel room was really spacious and the lockers made it very secure. One night a drunken guy tried persuading the staff that he was staying in the same room as me and the other people in the room and she handled him really well and made sure that he didn't disturb us any more. I also booked a day tour through the hostel which was easy and really good.

• 11th Jul 2015

Thanks! We try to keep an eye on drunken masters ;) There is a team of Chuck's only waiting for us to call them!

Fantastic hostel, located right in old town, seconds from old town. Staff were fantastic also!

Amazing value for money! Staff are so helpful, and the hostel itself offers trips, which makes sight seeing a lot easier! The location is right by the main square, one of the best hostels I've been to

Staff were welcoming. The hostel has its own small bar which is quite sociable. It's right in the centre near the main square. We went on the bar crawl which was good fun. The weather was really hot so the owners installed AC and fans during our stay. Would recommend.

Stayed for 5 nights and had a fantastic time! The staff were very helpful and kind and the location is terrific. Would definitely recommend to travelers inter railing or on a GAP year. The bartender is also an amazing guy and he really made the stay terrific

Really enjoyable stay. Great location and super helpful staff. Hostel like no other!

No other like Flamingo!

I enjoyed the ambience and location of the hostel very much. It's located in a very happening area, right next to old square.

And we do a lot to be a part of happening :)

Great hostel to meet people, really recommend the pub crawl. Although it's small, it's really quirky and it's big enough if you're not staying too long, plus the location is perfect. The only complaint would be the beds - they were okay but some panels were missing. Overall I would stay here again!

Really good party hostel with a perfect location. There was no kitchen but the breakfast was pretty okey (same stuff every morning.....). Staff was always busy doing their own things so prepare to wait a while if you want to ask something.

Oh come on! We are always busy for our guest, You waited so we can solve other guests issues... So prepare to have all wishes granted - by the busy staff :)

Had a good stay. But please fix the shower head holder! Nice pub crawl and cool small bar in the hostel. Close to everything !

Shower head holder already Fixed :) That's the beauty of these head holders, they always break in the wrong moment! Thank God, we are close to everything including maintenance shop :)

I am too old for this wonderful party hostel. I wish I was in my 20's! The bar was great w/nightly specials (we were too tired to attend after sight-seeing all day). Bart the mgr. was great! He knows Krakow. It was loud but it's right on the old square so easy to jump out and enjoy. Nice staff all around from reception to bartenders. Easy to get to from train and bus station.

Oh come on! You are never too old! That's why we don't have any age restrictions like other hostels - there is something cool for everybody here in Flamingo!

Good location right by the main square. Dorms pretty average, lack of windows/light made hostel feel a bit dark and dingy at times, but staff were nice and can help set up day trip. We didn't fancy the pub crawl/ nightly drinking but that's definitely available/encouraged if you're that sort of traveller!

This is my favorite hostel ever! The location and facilities were perfect. As was security. Andre led us on an amazing pub crawl and he got along great with all of us. Margaret was the sweetest host I've met. Ola was wonderfully accommodating. And Bart did his best to make my stay as best as it could be. Thank you all for an amazing stay in Cracow, and I hope to come back again!

We hope You will come again too! There is much more for us to show You in Cracow!