Flamingo Hostel Reviews

Szewska 4, Krakow, Poland

I would love to be able to rave about Flamingo. There has obviously been so much time and effort invested in it that it seems a shame not to. However, the security is pretty poor as anyone can be buzzed in and only occasionally asked to verify their identity by staff. This overrides the positives for me as it's a fairly basic requirement of a hostel to be secure.

We have cameras downstairs when we buzz You in 1st time, and than You need to smile to the second camera so we can buzz You 2nd time, only from the reception and only seeing You. Security is very important to us, but we don't want to bother You - that's why You might not see it, Also, if we know You we don't ask You everytime about the ID... Thanks for the review anyway!

It's great hostel, always I go to krakow I chose Flamingo Hostel, the location can't better, and the staff is reallly and helpful. And the best point is the breakfast.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Stayed in a six-bed dorm with ensuite (room 2) which overlooks the street so is very noisy (nightclub is right opposite). Beds are creaky/missing some slats and they had classic Polish linen (e.g. square sheets which don't cover the mattress fully) but was all adequately clean. Hostel is very noisy until about 11.15pm when everyone's hustled out onto the pub crawl - people on that sounded like they were having a great time.

It is a bit hard to find, but good hostel. It was a good and fun stay. Nice staff.

I love the friendly staffs. the bathroom is clean and there are good facilities, also the location is excellent :D

The main problem are the facilities, old bunk beds, old umcomfortable mattress, not functional windows (you can hear every noise from the street crowded of pubs) and only 5/7 toilet for the entire hostel. Beside all that (easily fixable) problems, the rest of the hostel is quite good, the best point is the situation.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Disappointing. We booked a private room with ensuite some 3 months before our trip. Upon arrival at reception we weren't told our room had been changed. It was only after I returned to reception and asked about the lack of ensuite that we were informed. Location of room was 10 minutes walk from the actual hostel and up 5 flights of stairs that were poorly marked. Room was extremely loud and bathroom was behind 3 locked doors which made going to toilet/showering at night extremely inconvenient.

Awesome location. Had we not taken a taxi to the hostel, we may have walked past the entrance, signage out front isn't the best. The staff was nice. However, they didn't really enforce policies. When we checked in, someone was in our assigned bunk so they were trying to figure out where to put my husband. Later that night, staff came in turning on the light checking the beds and being loud, repeatedly. My only complaints. It was still a good place to stay. Staff just needs to enforce policies

The security was really poor. You don't get a key for your room, and the front door is always just open. The receptionist lets people come and go but your room is never locked. The hostel in general was sort of dirty. Things were broken and lights were burnt out around the hostel. Directions given to the place are really bad. I probably won't stay here again.

The staff had great recommendations for restuarants,Cnut the pillows were absolutely disgusting

awful bathroom and showers!!the rooms were very small and the linean were too short. the pillows were dirty

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Greece

Understaffed for the number of guests

• 13th Apr 2015

Since the Hostel is located over a Club, it's really noisy during the night.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Belarus

Awesome staff who went out of their way to make my stay good! Nice breakfast, great showers. And the lunchpack they offer for xcrusions is massive. Do it! shoutout to kasha and polina! U beautifull awsome girls!! And the guy who did morningshifts whn I was there was wonderfull - he checked me in and gave me a bed early whn I arrived totally destroyed from a nighttrain - so ☆☆☆☆☆ to him. peace out ♡

very nice staff. Like the drink event! Nice ppl there.

Our twin private room was outside the old town, 15 min walk from the actual hostel. This should be clearly denoted in the hostel ad. Otherwise it is a great place, the staff was very friendly and the hostel is well located (not its privates).

Amazing hostel! Had the best location we've ever experienced in a hostel. It was in the market square, and had 24 hr mcdonalds next door! Pub crawls organized by awesome staff and were amazing! bars & pubs across the street...a little loud since the windows open onto the street, can be loud at night but they do provide free ear plugs.plenty of bathrooms & showers, shower in room was large spacious & modern.we didnt get an individual key for our room so door was often left wide open

Room and bathroom were clean . However, it was impossible to take a shower because of the stream was ridiculously thin and weak. We had a private apartment which was ok but on the grou floor there was a music club and we could listen to the music, so our room seemed the dancefloor until 3 am. We also booked a trip to Auschwitz but they sold more tickets than places on the bus so the guide had to find us place in another bus. The location is quite nice but it is not worthy, I wouldn't come back

During Your stay problem with shower occured, we fixed it by replacing the tap - we are sorry, but these things happen. And for the loud nights we provide free ear-plugs. About the trip - it wasn't our mistake but I know, that company refounded the trouble for You.

Staff was very helpfull mostly of time, the atmoshere is great and the location is perfect. But I was a bit disappointed with the beds and pillows! They should pay more attention to that, I stayed there for three nights and I didn't sleep well during all this time.

Beds and pillows. Got it. Bought new pillows. Renovated beds. Next? :)

The hostel was great, the problem is that there was only one staff working while I was there so things were a bit slow. But besides that everything was fine.

• 4th Apr 2015

Chillout! Take it easy, if You have to wait for something You can enjoy our free coffee, tea, wi-fi, computers, magazines, games, tv etc.. There's a lot of it :)