Flamingo Hostel Reviews

Szewska 4, Krakow, Poland

1987 Total Reviews

Great hostel 50m from main market square. breakfast included, only downside was they were re doing the kitchen so couldnt use it and the wifi was very hit and miss.

It was good, the internet worked well, the breakfast was fine. Thanks.

Hello! We are happy that You gave us a review! We allways look to improve, so Your opinion matters to us! Is there anything You want us to improve - just let us know! We hope to see You again. Please like us on facebook, You will get an update of what's going on in Cracow! Yours Flamingos.

Absolutely fantastic value and hospitality !!!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Poland

When I booked the hostel accommodation, it seemed that it wasn't very official. They emailed me to tell me that they overbooked and this should not be the case. Also, they didn't know if I paid yet or not and how much to pay.

The staff at Flamingo Hostel were outstanding, every person I encountered was very friendly and overly helpful! Any question I had they made sure to find the right answer for me. To add, could not believe how well-situated the hostel was, only a 2 minute walk to the main market square where all the free walking tours started, could not have asked for anything more.

The only good thing about this place was the breakfast. It's from the cafe down the street and it was bomb. They have pipe leaks everywhere so that only means there is mold. It was a little sketchy to be out early in the morning. We took a train from Prague and it was not ok!! They had police patrolling all night. I dont recommend this area for single travelers.

perfect location(you can get to every nice places within few minutes) and friendly staffs of course. would like to definitely stay here on next visit again ;)

The hostel is incredibly noisy, the walls are paper thin, I could feel my bed shake when people in the hall walked by. Three sleepless nights. Also, walked into my room to find a random guy in my friends bed…the staff showed him to the wrong room I guess. Aside from that the staff was cool and the location was perfect. I did a hostel organized pub crawl and had a total blast. The complimentary breakfast was bad and bring your own towel because they cost extra.

My experience here was very good!

If you are in a low budget, looking for a safe and cozy place to stay in, this place is recommendable.

I really enjoyed my stay at Flamingo because the staff were really friendly and they tried really hard to make the hostel a fun place to stay. They encouraged everyone to participate in the weekend parties they were having in the common room. The only problem was the showers. As nice as they were, there were only 3 of them and there was never hot water in the two by the sinks. I was only ever able to get hot water from the one with the toilet and sink with it. Otherwise, it was really great.

• 26th Mar 2014

prime location!!! beautiful design, good breakfast, lamp and shelf by the bed, clean bathroom & facilities, nice common room, free tea/coffee, staff were very nice too!!!

Friendly, good vibe, helpful, clean hostel. Like it !!!

Dziękujemy za opinię! Wszystkie Flamingi cieszą się, z tak wysokich ocen! Zapraszamy ponownie! Z gorącymi pozdrowieniami, Flamingi

I loved this hostel, is good for who is looking for stay in a place for a good price, nice location and super atmosphere. Perfect stay in the heart of Krakow.

Hello! Flamingos are so happy, that You enjoyed Your stay at our hostel. Thank You for the review, and we hope we will see You again! Flamingos!

Location!!! - 50m from main square!!! Very friendly staff, a clean kitchen/living room. Absolutely recommended!

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Poland

Very nice hostel!! The best in the world I think :)

We booked a double room in the hostel but instead they gave us a double in an apartment. We had to walk about 10 minutes, every day, when we wanted to go to the hostel (breakfast, computer...). They should have told us they would change rooms before we arrived!!!

The pleasant staff. economical prices. good breakfast. clean beds and bathrooms. great environment. feels like you are at home but with a larger family : )

When we arrived, we were shown to our room. It turned out to be a non-ensuite dorm. we had booked a ensuite. When we brought this to the staffs attention. We were informed that the en suites in the hostel are actually only a Shower and not a bathroom. So just be aware of that. When we heard this. we didn't bother moving dorms. Also the breakfeast was nice. The staff are very nice, good location. Krakow is lovely also. Enjoy

The Good: **Very friendly staff **fun activities offered in the common area **good for people looking to meet others **Great location The Bad: **the showers took forever to heat up, even after the suggested 15 minute wait **a few people had things stolen during the night. The stuff stolen wasn't in the lockers, but it seems like anyone can come and go even non-guests. Just don't pass out with anything out (phone, laptop, camera, etc.....) **Someone ate my pizza!