Flamingo Hostel Reviews

Szewska 4, Krakow, Poland

2098 Total Reviews

Despite the overly formal check in process, it turn out to be a laid back and pleasant stay. thanks Bart for taking us on a fun Pub Crawl. i will come back and do it again.

First night I was in the 12 bedroom dorm & got kept awake by very loud boys. I said something to reception & they happily upgraded me to a smaller room which was great. The wifi didn't work great in the rooms but was good in the main areas. Great location!

everything was perfect !!!

Incredibly central hostel, 20 metres of the central square. Throws good parties too!

Staff, location, facilities are excellent

It was in the top two hostels we stayed in during inter-railing

Location is great and staffs are nice but filled with creepy people who are dirty and lack common sense

Such a great hostel. Great location, just off the main square. Very fun staff - the Manager runs a bar crawl each night which is excellent value for money, as many free shots as you need for pre-lash. Very convenient and well run tours can be booked at the hostel, often the night before. Would recommend.

Great hostel for sure with great staff members which will give you good advice as well as help out planning day trips and such. The staff is also quite good at building up a great atmosphere that even people that felt to tired due to yesterday party, still wants to go out the next day.

I stayed at flamingo at 4th time. But since 2011 it gets more and more an commercial hostel. You have to pay for breakfast coffee, you pay much more for exkursions, for the taxi transfer and for the hostel parties. Furthermore the staff is not so friendly this year. I think it was our last stay at flamingo hostel.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Really cool hostel. Great atmosphere. Enjoyed my stay here : )

Very nice and helpful staff, great location, good breakfast and perfect organized party !

I only stayed at this hostel for 1 night. It is very much a party hostel so if you're keen on having a big night in Krakow, this is probably a good choice. Unfortunately if you arrive in Krakow late at night after a big flight (as in my situation), this is not an ideal hostel as it is very noisy until at least 3am. I suggest the hostel to implement a quiet time policy after 12am.

Great location and a good price! The staff go above and beyond, especially Kuba who spent about 2 hours troubleshooting the projector in the common room so that we could watch gladiator one day when we were hungover. Amazing stuff. Very impressed.

Best hostel we stayed in throughout our entire trip! Great staff & atmosphere & great for meeting other travellers. Definitely recommend - we are a young couple & stayed in a double room & it was great! Hostel nights out are great too! Location is brilliant, just off the main square with McDonalds and night clubs right beside you. Saying that we slept no problem the night we stayed in - didn't notice any noise!

Location, staff, fun - perfect!

You could not pick a better hostel! We have never stayed in a hostel before and were apprehensive over what to expect. However when the lovely couple in front of us were checking in with their baby we knew this had to be a safe and clean hostel. The staff were tremendous! They constantly went out of there way to help and could not have been nicer. The location was fantastic!!! You could not pick a better hostel and I highly recommend it.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Excellent facilities, excellent staff, excellent stay :-)

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Poland

The staff were absolutely fantastic, I cannot understate this. They were amazing. However the hostel was very loud at all times due to location, I had random junk in the room I was staying.

The location for this hostel is perfect but unfortunately nothing else is that great. We arrived to dirty bed sheets which had hairs and stains over them which made us doubt whether they had even been changed. The bathroom/toilet room however was always kept clean and we never had a problem with those. The key system in the hostel was not great as we had to leave our key at reception each time we went out but when we came back and asked for our key were not asked for ID as proof it was our room

Hey Amy! The bed sheets are being washed every day and during the check-in You get fresh ones. If there was a mistake You should ask us for new ones - don't be shy! If the showers and toilets were clean why would You give us only 3 for facilities and 3 for cleaniness? About the key - we need it at the reception for Your safety - and we do ask people for they ID's if we are not sure they live here - if we know You - we wont bother You. Hope to see You again! We will ask You for ID every time!