Flanagan's Village Hostel Reviews

Doolin, Co. Clare, Doolin, Ireland

Had 2 good nights here, lovely people. Hostel rather basic but perfectly fine and a great oven to cuddle with in winter

Flanagan's hostel is the nicest place I have stayed during my trip to Ireland. It's clean, cozy and charming. The staff is very friendly and informative, if I make my way back to Doolin I will definitely stay there again.

Wonderful stay at Flanagan's during my cycle tour in Ireland. Feeling like I am coming home. Gerard was very helpfull and tell good stories. He even taught me how to play hurling. I can highly recommend this place. It is not right Doolin's pub but near enough to catch them. But I think it was better because all these noisy tourists.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Finland

Always enjoy staying there.....would highly recommend...

• 12th Sep 2014

Always a pleasure to stay at Flanagans! Very friendly staff, clean bedrooms

Great hostel! Will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Doolin. Location was amazing being right amongst the burren, minutes to great pubs and within walking distance to the cliffs of Moher. It is a small and cozy hostel which made for lovely interaction with both staff and guests. Thanks for everything and I'm sure I will see you again soon :)

• 9th Sep 2014

Once again, thank you very much for your welcome at this hostel. I strongly reccomend it as the owner is really helpful and nice. The place is fantastic, it is ideal for a staying in the middle of the typical irish fields sorrounded of nature.

The hostel was very cozy and clean.

This hostel is very homey and attracts a wide variety of travelers, from backpackers to full families. The staff was very accommodating in letting us check in early so that we could drop off our bags. They also let us keep our items in the common room after check-out since our bus didn't leave until the afternoon. We were so thankful. There was a lack of sockets in the room itself, but there were plenty in the house and it wasn't much of an issue. Overall pleasant stay!

Very nice to have washers and dryers available if needed. Location is a bit far from the shops and center if Doolin, but the pub with the best food is actually closest to this hostel.

• 8th Aug 2014

It was os far for everywhere in Doolin. The room has not key, so you don't feel security for your bags, but nothing wrong happened. We don't feel really confortable in this house, but there are few places to stay in Doolin, and it is not the worst. They have a nice garden where you can have breakfast and lunch, and I love it. Staff are friendly.

An excellent place to chill out in an awesome landscape, tho can be a wee bit loud at night if you want to sleep rather than checking out the local bars. The trust system does work here, but could do with some personal lockers just in case.

If you are a session player bring an instument