Flanagan's Village Hostel Reviews

Doolin, Co. Clare, Doolin, Ireland

Always enjoy staying there.....would highly recommend...

• 12th Sep 2014

Always a pleasure to stay at Flanagans! Very friendly staff, clean bedrooms

Great hostel! Will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Doolin. Location was amazing being right amongst the burren, minutes to great pubs and within walking distance to the cliffs of Moher. It is a small and cozy hostel which made for lovely interaction with both staff and guests. Thanks for everything and I'm sure I will see you again soon :)

• 9th Sep 2014

Once again, thank you very much for your welcome at this hostel. I strongly reccomend it as the owner is really helpful and nice. The place is fantastic, it is ideal for a staying in the middle of the typical irish fields sorrounded of nature.

The hostel was very cozy and clean.

This hostel is very homey and attracts a wide variety of travelers, from backpackers to full families. The staff was very accommodating in letting us check in early so that we could drop off our bags. They also let us keep our items in the common room after check-out since our bus didn't leave until the afternoon. We were so thankful. There was a lack of sockets in the room itself, but there were plenty in the house and it wasn't much of an issue. Overall pleasant stay!

Very nice to have washers and dryers available if needed. Location is a bit far from the shops and center if Doolin, but the pub with the best food is actually closest to this hostel.

• 8th Aug 2014

It was os far for everywhere in Doolin. The room has not key, so you don't feel security for your bags, but nothing wrong happened. We don't feel really confortable in this house, but there are few places to stay in Doolin, and it is not the worst. They have a nice garden where you can have breakfast and lunch, and I love it. Staff are friendly.

An excellent place to chill out in an awesome landscape, tho can be a wee bit loud at night if you want to sleep rather than checking out the local bars. The trust system does work here, but could do with some personal lockers just in case.

If you are a session player bring an instument

Great place to stay. Its a slight walk from the center and even more so for the cliffs but the price was great, staff was friendly and helpful and beds were comfortable! I didn't see any lockers for use, but I didn't ask either. I felt comfortable enough to leave most of my belongings on/under my bed.

This was a hostel with a wonderful atmosphere and a great staff. This was truly an environment in which you could meet and befriend fellow travelers and Gerald and his staff members were all very helpful. Accommodations were great and the cleanliness was much better than many of the other hostels I experienced in my travels. I definitely recommend it!

Awesome times there! Good location to go by walk to the Cliffs of Moher. The owners is awesome and It is a really good place to relax from the city. Recommand it to anyone!

• 19th Jul 2014

Staff were friendly though seemed inexperienced, and we did not see the owner the whole time. After leaving our things on the bunk beds when we arrived, we came back in the evening to find our things moved and someone already sleeping in one of the beds we had chosen. Not a huge deal, but awkward and staff did not help to resolve. Female only dorm did not have private bathroom, and shower stalls did not have any benches or chairs to place a change of clothes, so this made things difficult.

The wi-fi signal was very weak throughout the building. The staff were friendly, but seemed inexperienced, and had only been working at Flanagan's for a couple of weeks. There are only two toilets and two showers, and they are not en suite. If you are staying in Doolin, I would recommend exploring your other options before booking at Flanagan's.

• 18th Jul 2014

Sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory. We have several ensuite rooms; however you booked a low priced 6 bed dorm, directly opposite 2 toilets and showers. In fact there are FIVE additional toilets and showers in our small hostel, which must have escaped your notice, while you searched for WiFi throughout the building. WiFi is FREE and we've never had a complaint about the signal, sorry your device had problems picking it up. Glad you met our new helpers, they are very friendly indeed.

We had a really good time in Doolin! We met great people at the hostel and enjoyed the place:)!

We enjoy our stay very much. The owner is musician who played for us. The stuff is very welcoming and willing to assist very much. The atmosphere is very friendly. Recommended!!!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Great hostel! It's fine and clean and there is everything you need. Gerard is the best host ever. Very friendly and helpful. I 'm looking forward to come back to stay in the hostel for several days. If you like Irish Music, you'll love The Flanagan's. Gerard is a wonderful musician (mandolin, harmonica and the spoons) and set dancer, who is part of the local music scene. He teaches music and set dance. It'll just take you two minutes to get to two pubs by foot.

• 12th Jun 2014

Very recommendable hostel! It has a friendly atmosphere and the rooms are nice and clean. The owner, Gerard Flanagan, is verry friendly and helpful. He is a part of the Doolin music scene and knows what's going on in the local pubs, and he gives great advice for tours and sightseeing. He is a musician himself and can teach you the spoons or the mandolin. He also teaches set dance. So ask him, if your are interested. I enjoyed my stay in Gerards hostel very much and will certainly go there again!

• 12th Jun 2014

Gerard Flanagan was a wonderful host and very understanding man. He is quite the musician and plays frequently. Clean facilities. Breakfast includes hot and cold cereals, toast and coffee/tea.

• 6th Jun 2014