Flanagan's Village Hostel Reviews

Doolin, Co. Clare, Doolin, Ireland

I enjoyed to stay in Flanagan's. Gerald, the host, is very nice and friendly. Clean and tidy and with a home liked atmosphere.

Gerard was a very fine host, he regaled us with lots of stories and he even provided live music himself during breakfast. We arrived late and he came to welcome us and let us in. The room was clean, warm and had everything we needed, also there was as much breakfast as you wanted. I would highly recommend this to anyone staying in the locality.

Gerard is very nice, knows a lot to tell and loves playing music and showing how to dance to it. I'm sure he'll also teach you some Irish if you ask. I felt very welcome in this little relaxing hostel :) Light breakfast is included, there's a big kitchen and the showers are great. Drinking is not allowed at the hostel but the pubs are so close and there's live music playing every night. Bus stop and cheap bike rental are just around the corner.

There was mold within the sleeping rooms. The room was OK, but not very clean. The bathroom was OK, but also not very clean. No breakfest included. The location was quite in Doolin. And the view on the countryside was very nice. I wouldnt book here again.

• 5th Apr 2015

Your comments and low ratings would be very distressing if they were not utterly confusing. There is no mould. The rooms and bathrooms are extremely clean. And there certainly was breakfast included which you would have been offered and made aware of. Are you quite sure you were reviewing the correct hostel?

The owner only accepts cash, and there is no ATM in the whole town. Please remember to bring cash. It's got a really nice view of the fields and gives a really authentic country feeling. I would recommend it if you're on a budget. It is not dirty, and feels very homely. The owners are kind but the downsides are the cash-only and the bad location, as it is a good walk from town (maybe 15 minutes).

Flanagan's is homey and very welcoming. Gerard is great and a wonderful host! He made us feel very welcome and provided great tips about the Burren, the Cliffs, and Doolin. A simple breakfast was provided and was ample to start our day. The room was cozy and warm, with clean linens and a hot shower. Gerard accepts cash for payment so be sure to stop at a cash machine before arriving in Doolin. Overall a great stay!

Super warm and clean hostel, just minutes from the cliffs and shore of the ocean. The owner's truly wonderful and a great host, leaving us with a lovely impression of Ireland. There's plenty of nearby pubs with delicious full Irish breakfasts and large portioned dinners & lunches- make sure you check out O'Connors for food, it's fantastic.

I really enjoyed staying here! The hostel was clean and the owner made our comfort and safety a priority.

• 5th Feb 2015

Gerard is awesome! Loved my stay at his hostel. He was really friendly and helpful. The place was clean and the other hostelers were really nice. I was impressed. You can get on the Burren Way trail, it's a really nice hike if you wanna go to the Cliffs.

Had 2 good nights here, lovely people. Hostel rather basic but perfectly fine and a great oven to cuddle with in winter