Flanagan's Village Hostel Reviews

Doolin, Co. Clare, Doolin, Ireland

Mr. Flanagan was a very friendly and helpful host at his hostel. We arrived somewhat late, but he still took his time to show us around the hostel and the facilities when we arrived. Rooms are clean, and the atmosphere is marvelleous, as you feel very much like home when you relax in the common room in front of the fireplace. We only wish we had more time to stay longer and get to know mr. Flanagan better, as we have the impresssion from the guestbook that he has a lot of good stories to tell.

I was delighted about the place, the room, the shared bathroom and the kitchen. Really cool guy, and breakfast included... without any doubt, I would come back there. Thanks!!

Great atmosphere at the hostel: we definitely enjoyed the "musical breakfast", with Gerard playing some beautiful music for his guests. The morning talks with him were also a privileged moment : there's nothing like good stories and life experiences shared with heart and wisdom. Thanks for having us, we hope to be back very soon !

• 26th Sep 2015

Great hostel, basic and relaxed. It has a real Irish feel about it. I really enjoyed my stay!

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Very nice owner.

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Poland

Excellent hostel not only for families but for travelers of all ages. I really enjoyed my stay here as Gerard is a very accommodating hostel owner who clearly really cares for his customers; he played the spoons and harmonica for a group of us! The location is fine - near to pubs and bus stops to travel to other towns and only a 20 min walk from the coast. The kitchen and living room are great for socializing with other guests and the hostel has a homely feel. Would definitely stay again!

I had my great choice for staying ere Han other places even though t is quite far way for using my ood especially don't have a car...but the owner definitely will I've you great deep impression there...he is such a friendly Irish people whom can tell you many things and he also can play several kinds F instruments for you if u over music...

Very comfortable bed, clean room, friendly staff. Nice quiet surroundings. We were welcomed like we were family!

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Flanagan's was a great hostel. It was cozy and comfortable and was a great environment to get to know the other hostelmates.

Flanagan's Village Hostel was a lovely place to stay. It's slightly on the outskirts of Doolin, making it a lovely place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist scene. Flanagan's has a real homey feel that naturally brings you together with your fellow hostel mates.

We stayed here one night in double room with shared bathroom. Room was small but nice and tidy. Owner is very nice and helpful. It's little far from centre if you are by foot. But you have two pubs that are near hostel. Hostel is clean and I recommend it.