Flanagan's Village Hostel Reviews

Doolin, Co. Clare, Doolin, Ireland

Very nice to have washers and dryers available if needed. Location is a bit far from the shops and center if Doolin, but the pub with the best food is actually closest to this hostel.

• 8th Aug 2014

An excellent place to chill out in an awesome landscape, tho can be a wee bit loud at night if you want to sleep rather than checking out the local bars. The trust system does work here, but could do with some personal lockers just in case.

If you are a session player bring an instument

• 3rd Aug 2014

Great place to stay. Its a slight walk from the center and even more so for the cliffs but the price was great, staff was friendly and helpful and beds were comfortable! I didn't see any lockers for use, but I didn't ask either. I felt comfortable enough to leave most of my belongings on/under my bed.

• 28th Jul 2014

This was a hostel with a wonderful atmosphere and a great staff. This was truly an environment in which you could meet and befriend fellow travelers and Gerald and his staff members were all very helpful. Accommodations were great and the cleanliness was much better than many of the other hostels I experienced in my travels. I definitely recommend it!

Awesome times there! Good location to go by walk to the Cliffs of Moher. The owners is awesome and It is a really good place to relax from the city. Recommand it to anyone!

• 19th Jul 2014

The wi-fi signal was very weak throughout the building. The staff were friendly, but seemed inexperienced, and had only been working at Flanagan's for a couple of weeks. There are only two toilets and two showers, and they are not en suite. If you are staying in Doolin, I would recommend exploring your other options before booking at Flanagan's.

• 18th Jul 2014

Sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory. We have several ensuite rooms; however you booked a low priced 6 bed dorm, directly opposite 2 toilets and showers. In fact there are FIVE additional toilets and showers in our small hostel, which must have escaped your notice, while you searched for WiFi throughout the building. WiFi is FREE and we've never had a complaint about the signal, sorry your device had problems picking it up. Glad you met our new helpers, they are very friendly indeed.

We had a really good time in Doolin! We met great people at the hostel and enjoyed the place:)!

We enjoy our stay very much. The owner is musician who played for us. The stuff is very welcoming and willing to assist very much. The atmosphere is very friendly. Recommended!!!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Great hostel! It's fine and clean and there is everything you need. Gerard is the best host ever. Very friendly and helpful. I 'm looking forward to come back to stay in the hostel for several days. If you like Irish Music, you'll love The Flanagan's. Gerard is a wonderful musician (mandolin, harmonica and the spoons) and set dancer, who is part of the local music scene. He teaches music and set dance. It'll just take you two minutes to get to two pubs by foot.

• 12th Jun 2014

Very recommendable hostel! It has a friendly atmosphere and the rooms are nice and clean. The owner, Gerard Flanagan, is verry friendly and helpful. He is a part of the Doolin music scene and knows what's going on in the local pubs, and he gives great advice for tours and sightseeing. He is a musician himself and can teach you the spoons or the mandolin. He also teaches set dance. So ask him, if your are interested. I enjoyed my stay in Gerards hostel very much and will certainly go there again!

• 12th Jun 2014

Gerard Flanagan was a wonderful host and very understanding man. He is quite the musician and plays frequently. Clean facilities. Breakfast includes hot and cold cereals, toast and coffee/tea.

• 6th Jun 2014

Super cute and cosy. Definitely recommend

• 24th May 2014

Very nice hostel a little way out if town. Very basic 2 bed room, bed and a chair. Not so great wifi in the room.A pleasant stay.

Loved it, Gerald the owner is a very funny , welcoming person...

Mr Flanagan is very friendly, we really enjoyed talking with him. The hostel is handly to visit the Cliffs, the Aran islands and the Burren. It is surrounding by beautiful landscapes. it is clean, tidy and the kitchen is fully equipped. We totally recommended.

Great host, would like to meet him again!

Can recommend Flanagans Hostel very highly, thats the 2nd time I stayed there and will go back for sure. A very warm welcome at arrival, the owner is very friendly and helpful and gave me some great tips for nice walks around the area. In the evening you got the fire on and the owner will play some irish tunes. Great location as not right in the middle though only a short walk to pubs and seafront. Had a great relaxing time met nice peoeple and will be back soon, fantastic place.

• 25th Apr 2014

Absolutely fantastic place to stay. A little bit far from harbor and Doolin center, but located in very quiet area with fantastic landscape. You can really rest here. Owner is very nice and cheerful guy. Clean and cozy. Definitely recommended.

If I go back to Ireland I'm sure I'll stay there again. The owner is wonderful, he knows a lot about traditional music. Great place to stay!