Flashpackers Hervey Bay Reviews

195 Torquay Terrace, Torquay, Hervey Bay, Australia

One of the best hostels I stayed in! Large pool, commun area, terras and kitchen! Very helpfull and friendly stay! Always with a smile and a personal aproach!! Thanks for that!!

I loved this place! So peaceful and staff was really nice and all were good! :)

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Finland

Best hostel I've stayed in so far in Australia. Free wifi and good breakfast. Could do with air con but I believe they're getting that. The couple that own it couldn't have been more helpful

rooms have fans, no a/c. kitchen was well equiped, stuff very friendly, shuttlebus 4 free, great hostel

Very impressive. A Good quality dorm with a spacious bathroom and nice furnishings. The rooms really need aircon installed as the industrial fan just doesn't provide adequate airflow during a warm evening. The chap that runs the place was very friendly and picked me up from the Greyhound terminal. Good social area and kitchen. Recommended.

AMAZING,i was there with my 2 sons aged 20 and 16, they lived it there,the atmosphere and the staff such a warm and freindly welcome,i can highly recommend the one in hervey bay,it made me want to try more back packing places with been an old 43year old hahaha,thanks for having us the Masseys x

• 7th Jan 2015

I had a short stay in the hostel. It was nice to have breakfast included. The staff were friendly and helpful. At night the way to my room was really dark. It was hard to see the keyhole on the door! Otherwise a nice, decent hostel

awesome staff! a great place!

Very good place to stay, very good facilities and clean. Free shuttle bus, free wifi, and the staff is super pro and nice.

Incredible 3 night stay at this hostel. Made to feel so welcome over Christmas period due to really friendly staff and other guests. Excellent common areas and the cleanest kitchen of any hostel I've stayed in! Great value for money :)

4 bed doorm with toilet and shower included, great. Very clean but missed a looker. Having a small locker for values would be good. Wifi not that strong and notvin the rooms. Could be better. The staff is really nice and helpfull! Thanks for the x-mas lunch!

Flashpackers is a nice, clean and friendly hostel. Swimming pool, movie room, large common area, huge kitchen, and great staff. The only negatives were no lockers in the rooms and some loud German girls as roomates, but that one isn't the hostels fault.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in anywhere! Good location, shuttle to grocery store and Greyhound bus stop, very clean, fantastic staff, free breakfast (toast, PB

We booked a 6 bed ensuite dorm for a night but ended up in a 4 bed dorm that was not en suite. The toilet and shower can be accessed by other guests. The room was small and had poor ventilation so it was very very hot. The kitchen area and communal facilities are really good and clean. The wifi is very slow and the signal barely stretches beyond the main building which was frustrating.

This may just be the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Rooms were good and clean. Beds comfortable. Showers had rain shower heads. Free breakfast. Pool. Loved the living room/lounge area - huge space to hang out in. Big kitchen. Free wifi. Movie room. Friendly staff. Right by the beach. Definitely recommend staying here.

This is the best hostel I have stayed in. Staff are so friendly! Kitchen is large and spotless, and so are the rooms. 100% recommend. :)

The staff not friendly or welcoming. We were asked for a $20 deposit but only had $50 which the receptionist took & stapled to our sheet. On checking out there was only a $20 note on our sheet. We questioned it the receptionist (different person) looked on his screen & eventually said 'ah yes I see what she's done' and told us something about charging $9 a night for something but gave our $50 back. When my partner mentioned he thought it was a bit cheeky they got quite defensive and snappy.

Good place to stay and nice owner! But no shuttle bus to the Premier Motor Service Bus coming from Cairns and leaving to Brisbane. Taxi is 12 to 14$ but the hostel itself is a great one.

Was really grateful for the pick up after an overnight bus journey from Airlie Beach. Was able to check in straight away and have breakfast! Amazing

Lovely place to chill out, great facilities and staff really went out of their way to help, especially with the minibus runs