Flinders Backpackers Reviews

35 Elizabeth st, Melbourne, Australia

Nice hostel in the heart of Melbourne! Probably to big of a hostel for my taste, but it was ok. it was clean, and the rooms were nice and clean.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in as a backpacker wanting to meet people, have fun and see the city.

Nice hostel for young people who want to party. A little noisy because of the bar on 2nd floor and the proximity of the train station. Cleaning could improve. Convenient location and good price.

Location, staff, security all are great. Just bare in mind that with such great location, there will be quite a bit noice (from tram, parties). Bring ear plug and everything is fine. :)

Amazing place right in the heart of Melbourne. Definitely stay here for the beging of your trip in Vic.

Amazing location, staff were lovely. I stayed in January so it was full of awesome people.

• 27th Jan 2016

Shame there is no free WiFi when you can pay less for just as good accomodation in the city with free WiFi like nomads hostel. Free breakfast is good. Only one plug in 4 bed room which was disappointing.

The rooms for three people are VERY small and noisy

• 26th Jan 2016
  • Switzerland

I stayed here for one night in a double room, it was really nice, towels on the beds when we got there. More like a hotel than an hostel! However it is massive so may be hard to make friends, very different to the smaller hostels which are more intimate.

The location is the best thing about this hostel. You can pretty much walk everywhere or take the tram around the free zone. It is a very big hostel so a lot of people gather around the kitchen for supper and it does get loud around 9pm. I had no noise problems in my room but it is a busy street. The only thing i would add is free wifi! But you can also walk to the city library, which is just a block away. I would definitely stay here in the future

I love your Pancakes!

• 23rd Jan 2016

It was very easy to deal with Flinders Backpackers. Monique in particular had excellent customer service skills. The Scottish girl with blue hair was also fantastic. This was our first time staying in a hostel. Hope they're all this good!!

• 20th Jan 2016

the fact that there's no free wifi anywhere in the hostel is a very big argument against tw hostel.

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Argentina

we love this hostel and have come back 3 times, its got the best atmosphere and the staff are so friendly and really helpful!!

I have stayed in dozens of hostels all over the world and the mattress in this hostel is possibly the worst I've encountered. The sheets were stained and dirty and the street outside is horrendously loud. Every night people smash bottles in the alleyway. Half of the staff was nice and half were rude. The only good thing was the free breakfast.

I thought on the whole this was a great backpackers. I am middle aged and shared a room with my younger daughter and we were in a room with an ensuite. When we arrived the staff were very friendly and helpful. My real criticism would be the noise especially in the early hours of the morning where people would shout, sing and scream in the stairwells. However, this was a backpackers with the majority of people being young so on the whole I cannot complain and some nights it was quiet anyway.

• 18th Jan 2016

Overall pretty nice, room was quite hot and was annoying you had to pay for wifi. Facilities availible pretty good and great location in the city.

Stay went well, the noise over night from the night club and street made it hard to sleep

Nice breakfast, and well located. But naff wifi, and it is a big hostel so not very personable.

Location was great and room was comfortable. Bathrooms could be cleaner and water pressure was bad in some showers. It was a very large hostel so it was not that easy to interact with other travellers. Free breakfast was top notch.

• 14th Jan 2016