Flinders Backpackers Reviews

35 Elizabeth st, Melbourne, Australia

After reading all of the reviews about this hostel, I was a bit worried as I had booked it for 4 of us. I have travelled all throughout Europe and this is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. We booked a private double en-suite and it was perfect! As we travelled here in July, it was pretty chilly outside, but you get supplied with a oil heater and it made such a difference! The lady who checked us in was lovely and all round I will definitely re book when we come back! Perfect location too

Perfect location!

Pancakes for breakfast every day! :)

I only stayed for one night prior to leaving early for the Great Ocean Road. Suited my needs for the night. The kitchen area was exceptionally busy and noisy but there were plenty of pans etc. The room was fine - the bed was very comfy. Would use again for short stays but not for long ones. Great location.

I really enjoyed my stayed here. Room and toilets were so clean! Ill definately recommend it!! Wish internet was free.

Our room was a bit messy, but that's merely the fault of the long term guest. Matracesses were super comfy, the bathrooms roomy and clean. The kitchen was super clean and the breakfast way above hostel standard. Location very central... would definitely go there again

• 16th Jul 2015

Stayed here for 4 nights and 3 days! Staff where makes one! Very helpful and just in great spirits! Kitchen was clean, the bar downstairs was pretty good too! More happening at the weekend but really during the week it's quiet. Location was awesome, everything close by! I would 109% come back!

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

The location can't be beat, truly. It's always great to be in the middle of the city. That aside though this hostel isn't a place I would stay long term. The room was really cold, with the window open when we first arrived (this was possibly for airing out, but still, it was freezing). The showers also were pretty spotty with hot water. Not great for Melbourne winter. Over all not a terrible place, but not the most comfortable.

Checked in to the hostel at 2pm. My room in 10th floor was disgusting. The smell when I opened the door was hideous as if the air hasn't been changing for ages. I wanted to open the window for fresh air but it was locked. The whole window was covered in steam and drops from the humidity of the room. What was supposed to be my bed still had someone else's dirty bed sheets on.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Fantastic common area and all bathrooms and facilities were very well looked after. Hostel was in a brilliant location and it was very easy to come and go. I have already recommended this hostel to friends.

• 13th Jul 2015

The place is dirty...they dont clean the showers everyday, tha linen is not clean as well. I didnt feel safe with the enviroment. I wouldnt go back.

Giles don't choose this hostel. It's bad experience for me and below my expectations.The real environment of the hostel isn't beautiful as the pictures shown on the website.The pictures are fake.The convenient location is the only one thing I appreciate.I didn't feel safe enough when I lived in this hostel.There were some drunk guys in front of the hostel bothering people on Weekends.Some guys in the hostel take drug!!! It's horrible.When I step into the dorm room,there was bad smell came out.

• 11th Jul 2015

The Flinders Backpackers looked great but unfortunately after paying my deposit and arriving there I was told we couldn't stay as I had my 14 year old daughter with me as she was not 18. I have emailed regarding getting my deposit returned but have not heard back. We were left in the street with our luggage and had to travel to find alternative accommodation.

• 10th Jul 2015

If the wifi was free, the hostel would be perfect

Very good. Loved the breakfast. Great location. Friendly staff. Awesome stay.

• 6th Jul 2015

Had a great time at flinders ;))

• 4th Jul 2015

Twin bedroom 402, very cold. Realy thin window + broken and fixed with tape ! Got a cold, very noisy at night time in the corridor ! We have reported the broken window to the reception, but no heater available and the staff knocked at our door on the last day of departure in order to fix the window with... a piece of tape one more time !

Very communal hostel, communal facilities for cooking and great atmosphere. Located in a central spot, but bathrooms were unclean on 6th floor, otherwise sleeping facilities are good and it is a quiet hostel for a good nights sleep.

Room was very small in size in comparison to other hostels which charge similar.

Good hostel with a lot of free things and good location.

• 20th Jun 2015