Flinders Backpackers Reviews

35 Elizabeth st, Melbourne, Australia

Very communal hostel, communal facilities for cooking and great atmosphere. Located in a central spot, but bathrooms were unclean on 6th floor, otherwise sleeping facilities are good and it is a quiet hostel for a good nights sleep.

Stayed here for 3 nights and arrived early. Helped us get into a room on arrival and had it cleaned for us. Would stay again :)

• 18th Jun 2015

I stayed here before and enjoyed myself enough to stay again. However, the lobby being closed in the early morning meant that drunken backpackers would come up to the rooms during that time and cause a racket, waking people up. The thin walls of the rooms also meant that we were subject to several nights of late-night domestic arguments from the couple in the room next to us, although I doubt this is a regular occurrence.

Nice place, can get quite noisy depending on which room you stay in, but the free breaky was really good, with a wide choice (toasts, cereals, milk, tea, coffee, free pancakes wuth different spreads). Rooms with lockers, nice place well located.

Had a good stay; private dbl w/ ensuite - comfortable stay and worth it for the price. Pancakes were a great plus.

When I checked in my room, it already been used. I told to reception that I want to change another room but they said they can't. Then it's ok, they said they will change new doona for me but they didn't. The room full of throwing up smell. Everywhere was dirty only bathroom was good. Some people were fighting outside the room and sounded horrible. I felt aweful and unsafe during my stay. Although the location is good I won't stay in this backpack anymore.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

Dear Guest I can see that you were booked into a 4 dorm that had 3 boys and due to the Queens Birthday weekend the hostel was so full so staff were not able to move your rooms. However there is no excuse for not providing you with a clean doona and I can only apologise on behalf of the staff for not sorting this out for you. I do recommend that in the future you take advantage of the female only dorms. I hope the rest of your stay in OZ is fantastic. Happy Travels. Flinders Staff.

staff were unfriendly

Dear Guest Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I apologise that you found our staff to be unfriendly. I hope the rest of your stay in Australian is a great one. Happy Travels Flinders Backpackers

Great location, but beware...it's very noisy at night due to traffic outside...I had a problem to sleep even with earplugs... Breakfast was quite good! Facilities and staff were OK. Very young crowd I would say...If you're not into partying and drinking it's not a hostel for you...

Dear Guest Thanks for the good review, we really appreciate feedback as it gives us a chance to improve and see what guests love about our hostel. Been in such a great central location with the trams and traffic outside it can get noisy. Happy Travels Flinders Staff

This hostel is awesome if you want to mingle with other people! Made some awesome friends in the reception room because they have a pool table and ping pong set up and you're allowed to drink in there until 10pm! The rooms are slightly smelly but the beds were really comfortable!

• 4th Jun 2015

Thanks for the fab review! We love positive feedback and knowing that guests had a change to meet other like minded travellers to enjoy Melbourne. Best of luck with the rest of your trip. Happy travels. Flinders Staff.

The only thing is that some staff was not very enthousiastic/friendly and I find expensive to charge people for wifi/internet.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Stayed here for one night, loved the location in the center of everything which is great, although the staff ruined my friends and I stay. They just weren't friendly compared to any other hostel we had stayed at when traveling, they seems sad depressed upset angry half the time, the Internet is HORRIBLE, they tell you , you can pay 5$ to have a 24 hour pass( DO NOT PAY) it does not work, didn't work for even one minute we were there. The staff ruined our stay here, unfortunately

Dear Guest The staff were really bummed to see your review. The morning staff remember spending about half an hour with you going over all the cool places and must see bars in Melbourne. Even the afternoon staff spent time problem solving and directing you to their favourite bars. I understand that you were having trouble connecting but that problem was fixed for by when the staff helped you log in step by step. Happy Travels Flinders Backpackers.

If you want in on the pasta dinner you better get there fast or else it will run out!

This is a really good place to stay right in the CBD. Liked the free breakfast and the friendly staff

The staff is really friendly!

I think you're really paying for the location with this hostel. As a hostel overall it's acceptable but the location really is fantastic.

Really good hostel and good value. Staffs were great, helpful and friendly. The location is very good and convenient, right in front of the Flinders Street station and everything is nearby. Facilities are good,too. Kitchen is kind of big and well equipped. Eating space is enough for people. Bathroom and laundry were good,too. The breakfast is good and enough. One bad thing would be that the room card often didn't work and I had to change it. Other than that everything is good and I recommend.

I really like that there are locker in room and a lots of space under bunk bed. But I don't like that other people can use lift go up to my floor so it may be not safe.

Backpacker was so nice for these money that I paid for it. Staff was very friendly, bathrooms and dorms were pretty clean. One thing that I didn't liked it's a water in shower, because warm water wasn't constant at all, also all doors were squeaky, but reliable though. Managment please do something with water and doors, please. 8,5/10👌 Стоит того, чтобы здесь пожить.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • iaintplayinnogames
  • Estonia

Good location, good breakie and friendly staff

Thanks for the awesome review! All the best with your trip. Happy Travels Flinders Staff

Well the location is great,and there's a massive kitchen and comfy TV room. The staff are so rude I found myself open-mouthed with shock listening to them talking to other guests, talk about making people feel unwelcome and not giving two s***s about your job! There were cockroaches running around my corridor, which was grubby and dingy- although at least a lot more spacious than the tiny cramped rooms. At least the bathrooms on the bedroom floors are clean and there's a cheap bar downstairs

Dear guests We are sorry our staff didn't live up to your expectations and we are unsure of the situation you witnessed. The only explanation I can give you is that sometime when guests do the wrong thing we need to make it clear that their behaviour is inappropriate as the hostel is a communal environment. I can understand how this would look to other people who didn't know the whole story. Flinders Staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3