Flinders Station Backpackers Reviews

35 Elizabeth st, Melbourne, Australia

Entrance is a little bit find difficult. Other is good.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Japan

This is a great hostel the location is brilliant right in town, the only thing i'd say as a negative was the top bunks had no cage thingy around it so when climbing up and sleeping in after a big night out was a wee bit worrying! other then that, great hostel great stay two thumbs up!!

the hostel was located very conveniently next to loads of shops, a tram and train station and a free wi-fi spot at "happy travels" downstairs. the rooms were clean and breakfast was good. great opportunity to meet people!

I stayed for 3 day in 4girls share room. Great place! Great location! Very helpful and friendly staff !! Excellent value for money!!! I will comeback for sure )))))

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Russia

Didn't realize the hostel was above a nightclub and it was rather loud when we tried to sleep at normal times and most nights found it extremely hard to sleep.

• 30th Oct 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. Our Hostelworld hostel information does ask you to take note before booking: "Flinders Backpackers is in the heart of the busy CBD. As such, guests may be disturbed by noise due to trams, traffic, and people on the busy streets surrounding the hostel. Friday and Saturday night’s guests may also be disturbed by noise from the bar in the basement" Happy Travels Flinders Staff

AWFUL place

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. We sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay, but hope the rest of your time in Australia is better Happy travels Flinders Staff

Nice place I was on the 3rd floor rooms were good and bathroom real good unless you shower early Nice people great young kids about were from the world around a good breakfast was laid out Every mourning just enought to kick start your body.

The staff were really friendly and helpful, the kitchens were always really clean and breakfast provided every morning was a plus. But the toilets had really bad plumbing so they were always blocked up. The rooms were not very sound proof, could hear everything and didn't get much sleep. We could hear every door being closed, trams screeching and the club underneath would blast music almost every night until around 5am. The location however was fantastic!

• 16th Oct 2014

The staff were helpful with explanations, efficient in processing my checkin/checkout and honest with promptly1 returning about $5 cash to me due to overcharging me. One complaint: loud noises from roadworks and air-con unit kept me awake. It is recommended that you have earplugs just in case.

• 15th Oct 2014

Great location in the center of Melbourne. But bathrooms could have been cleaner, also got bitten by bed bugs... 😡

i was only in town for 15 hours, 1 i spent in the room but I thought it was awesome. I must say that the club volume was mental and I wouldnt stay there if I wasnt out most of the night anyway. Maybe I'm just too old but even on level 5 the glass windows were vibrating.

• 11th Oct 2014

This hostel is the worse place I have ever stayed. You arrive and go into a dodgy lift with the floor worn away, lights above your head about to break off and what looks like sick on the wall, already dreadful and not even at reception yet! I would AVOID at all costs. The hostel itself is VERY dated and old fashioned. The rooms are rubbish and there is no friendly atmosphere. Only plus is the staff who checked me in was absolutely lovely.

Awesome situated!

• 10th Oct 2014

Some of the staff members were under prepared but average experience was good.

• 9th Oct 2014

You could have more connectors in the room.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

Free wifi would make the place exceptional

• 30th Sep 2014

Extremely noisy and unpleasant. As a result we didn't stay the second night as previously planned. On top of a night club which continues until early hours of morning (this should be made known to travellers). Doors on rooms and bathrooms naturally slam shut which can be heard throughout each floor. Very sleepless, unsatisfying experience.

• 28th Sep 2014

I don't know what about some people complaining. It's one of the best hostels I've ever been and in such a great location. It's very clean, the biggest rooms are 4-bed dorms with comfortable beds and every room has a window. If it's too loud close it! The kitchen is great, big and clean. Free breakfast, tea, coffee. Laundry cheap! Just no free wifi, but ok. Go down to happy travels and surf for free. And you can meet everywhere a lot of nice people. Would recommend to everyone!

Amazing hostel with great and helpful staff. Really good location and easy to socialize with other travellers. Only downside would be no free wifi but other than that it's a great place to stay in Melbourne.

• 15th Sep 2014

The hostel was vile, the staff were extremely unhelpful except the two male staff members.The female staff were actually aggressive, and rude. The showers were covered in brown stains, even though they were getting 'cleaned.' The rooms were not cleaned daily, and for some reason they kept putting a dirty trash can next to the bed, near the head. Disgusting. The mattresses were covered in with what looked like blood or excrement. Will never stay again.

Hi Girls I was quite surprised to see you comments especially as you extended past your initial booking date. If you disliked our service and the quality of the accommodation why did you continue to stay with us? I checked your room myself no stained mattresses and the bin looked like a normal bin. Our housekeeping clean rooms daily and our bathrooms are cleaned morning, evening and night. We apologise that we couldn't provide the service/standards your require. Happy Travels Flinders Staff