Flinders Station Backpackers Reviews

35 Elizabeth st, Melbourne, Australia

i was only in town for 15 hours, 1 i spent in the room but I thought it was awesome. I must say that the club volume was mental and I wouldnt stay there if I wasnt out most of the night anyway. Maybe I'm just too old but even on level 5 the glass windows were vibrating.

• 11th Oct 2014

This hostel is the worse place I have ever stayed. You arrive and go into a dodgy lift with the floor worn away, lights above your head about to break off and what looks like sick on the wall, already dreadful and not even at reception yet! I would AVOID at all costs. The hostel itself is VERY dated and old fashioned. The rooms are rubbish and there is no friendly atmosphere. Only plus is the staff who checked me in was absolutely lovely.

Awesome situated!

• 10th Oct 2014

You could have more connectors in the room.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

Extremely noisy and unpleasant. As a result we didn't stay the second night as previously planned. On top of a night club which continues until early hours of morning (this should be made known to travellers). Doors on rooms and bathrooms naturally slam shut which can be heard throughout each floor. Very sleepless, unsatisfying experience.

• 28th Sep 2014

I don't know what about some people complaining. It's one of the best hostels I've ever been and in such a great location. It's very clean, the biggest rooms are 4-bed dorms with comfortable beds and every room has a window. If it's too loud close it! The kitchen is great, big and clean. Free breakfast, tea, coffee. Laundry cheap! Just no free wifi, but ok. Go down to happy travels and surf for free. And you can meet everywhere a lot of nice people. Would recommend to everyone!

Amazing hostel with great and helpful staff. Really good location and easy to socialize with other travellers. Only downside would be no free wifi but other than that it's a great place to stay in Melbourne.

• 15th Sep 2014

The hostel was vile, the staff were extremely unhelpful except the two male staff members.The female staff were actually aggressive, and rude. The showers were covered in brown stains, even though they were getting 'cleaned.' The rooms were not cleaned daily, and for some reason they kept putting a dirty trash can next to the bed, near the head. Disgusting. The mattresses were covered in with what looked like blood or excrement. Will never stay again.

Hi Girls I was quite surprised to see you comments especially as you extended past your initial booking date. If you disliked our service and the quality of the accommodation why did you continue to stay with us? I checked your room myself no stained mattresses and the bin looked like a normal bin. Our housekeeping clean rooms daily and our bathrooms are cleaned morning, evening and night. We apologise that we couldn't provide the service/standards your require. Happy Travels Flinders Staff

The staff were lovely and very helpful. Our door lock broke (negative for facilities) but your helpful staff managed to fix it for us (positive for staff!). One MAJOR downside was the cleanliness of the upholstery and soft furnishings. I was appalled at the state of the bed cover, and the stained towels. This should be looked at closely.

• 12th Sep 2014

Staff were great, very friendly, room was clean and so so comfortable, breakfast was perfect. Will definitely stay again.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Dear Guest Thanks for the great review! It makes us so happy when guests leave happy after a good stay. How about the pancakes for breakfast every morning?!? Awesome hey? Best of luck with you travels Flinders Staff

We stayed there one night, in a twin room. The bedroom was cosy and clean. Bathroom (shared) was okay but the main problem is the noise. We stayed at level sixth and we could hear loud music coming from the bar on first floor, just as if we were there, people chatting/yelling in the street, and the tramway... So noisy! The worse was probably the other backpackers who don't care about your sleep and act as if they were alone on the building, but that's the case in every backpack...

• 23rd Aug 2014

Dear guests Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Flinders Backpackers is in the heart of the busy CBD. As such, guests may be disturbed by noise due to trams, traffic, and people on the busy streets surrounding the hostel. Friday and Saturday night’s guests may also be disturbed by noise from the bar in the basement level. Unfortunately these things we cant fix as they are all part of the charm of Melbourne Happy Travels Flinders Staff

Good location, nice staff, free breakfast, pool table, table tennis, giant movie collection. Stayed for a week and had no issues. Definitely recommend!

Hi Girls Thanks for the great review! We are so pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us. Happy Travels Flinders Staff

My sister and I stayed here for a weekend. It's nothing like the photos on the website. We booked a private room and was very basic, the tv was positioned facing the wardrobe so neither of us was able to watch the tv if we wanted to, the room was cold and the curtains didn't fit the window properly so let the cold air in. The beds were clean but the mattress that came with them were all springs and dipped in the middle and was very uncomfortable. Gallery is false advertisement. Bin was emptied.

• 31st Jul 2014

Dear Guest Thank you for leaving a review as it has given us valuable input to your stay. You room should of reflected photo 8 on our gallery but after inspection we found it didn't. Thanks to your review we change the room around, replaced the mattresses and inspected all of the other Twin rooms in our building for similar problems. If you are ever unhappy with the room during your stay we encourage all guest to speak with our reception team. Happy Travels Flinders Staff

Great place to stay in melbourne will stay again soon

• 30th Jul 2014

Dear Guest Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Travels Flinders Staff

Awesome location. Bathrooms clean and suitable. Good hostel

Dear Guest Thanks for taking the time to leave a review after having a good stay. Happy Travels Flinders Staff

Showers were cold!!! No free wifi, No free luggage storage before or after check-in or check-out, need to pay for a mug. Staff was not friendly. Staff pack up breakfast early.

Dear Guest Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate all feedback as it allows us to change and improve. Our internet is not free but great value at $2 hour, $5 a day, $20 a week. The safest bag storage is in a secure locker which is $5 for 24 hours. Unfortunately the only way to keep mugs in the kitchen is to sell them for $1, to compensate we provide free tea and coffee. Our breakfast is between 7.30 - 9.30am. Happy Travels Flinders Staff

In my previous hostel experiences, the staff have been very friendly and welcoming to guests. In this case I wasn't smiled at once by a staff member and felt like I was an annoyance by just staying there, it wasn't a nice feeling.

• 18th Jul 2014

Horibial would not let me and girl friend stay we had resavations and all she forgot is id had to then find other hotel at 10 at night after long trip would not reconamend to any one .space hotel is way to go

• 27th Jun 2014

Found my room to be really clean including bathrooms. Great value for money!

• 20th May 2014

Dear Guest Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we are very pleased you had a great stay. Happy Travels Flinders Staff

Unfortunately very noisy. Saturday night the pub plays dico musib till 4am. The tram stop in Elizabeth St is also very noisy. I didnt get much sleep during the 5 days I was there.

• 17th May 2014

Dear Guest Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry that your sleep was interrupted during stay. Our location within the city is fanatic but with that location comes the hustle and bustle of the city noise. We also a disclaimer on the website about the additional possible interruption of the nightclub in the building on Friday and Saturday nights. Happy Travels Flinders Staff