Flinders Station Backpackers Reviews

35 Elizabeth st, Melbourne, Australia

The staff was the main downfall in this hostel. Throughout my stay they didnt seem the slightest bit interested in helping me. ie. I was checking out early and wanted to leave my bag. There was clearly enough space in the luggege area but refused me putting my bag there as it was only for people arriving! The receptionest was very rude in dealing with the situation. Location is good, thats all...

• 7th Apr 2014

we stayed in a private room with ensuite bathroom. the staff came in every day but just took the rubbish, even if it wasn't necessary. they didn't fill up the toilet paper or the tea and coffee in the room. the guy when we checked-out was also very unfriendly.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

A pretty average party place. There is a club on level two which can be heard and felt from levels up (I was on 6) until 2am. It is nice and close to to both the tram and train stations (and you can hear it at 5-6am in the morning along with the even earlier bottle collection). Also they charge for a lot of their 'facilities options' Security was top notch and the beds were pretty great though.

Room was good enough for what it was. Having the bar in the same building and being across from train station and tram was great.

Don't stay here! This is the worst hostel I've ever seen! Staff are rude, offensive, unfriendly

It is good to eat and mix with meal people from different nationalities during breakfast times.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Receptionists' are very rude and unwelcoming. Maybe there is a professional course they can take on customer service. Hard to socialise with the people thar live at the hostel marking their territory. All in all it was cheap and had a good location. Everything else was below average.

Everything was great except the keycards often did not work at the bathroom. The room was a little cramped for the beds.

• 16th Mar 2014

Some blankets, sheets and pillows are too much used, is necessary to buy new ones. In my last night I changed my room and the blankets were dirty.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Colombia

The staff were great, nothing was too much trouble, our room was well maintained, the only downside for us was that the fridge and the microwave ovens weren't clean.

The building needs to be renovated. The mattress was very unconfortable. There was huge deep in the middle of the mattress. I spent two horrible nights. There were lot of noise in the corridor because of the other backpackers. There was not respect of the sleep.

• 6th Mar 2014

Sweet place!

• 14th Feb 2014

Found the private room had a bad smell. The bed was terrible. The room was very small. The bathrooms were very dirty, and I noticed the cleaner barely mopped the floor and cleaned the bathroom. Overall not a clean hostel, the location the only saving grace for this establishment!

Good facilities, clean bathrooms & friendly staff. The only thing to fault would be no air conditioning!

• 4th Feb 2014

Good hostel. Centrally located. They gave you a free breakfast and some free WiFi. The four bed was quite small but not unusual for Australia. The bar underneath was good and served great food!

I like the hostel, the rooms are nice and clean, bathrooms too, free breakfast. It is quite big though, which can make it hard to meet new people. But definitely can recommend it!

Very small rooms, no air conditioninng. However, nice free breakfast and good atmosphere!

Pros: great location, good showers/water pressure/hot water, helpful staff, good sized lockers, good kitchen facilities Cons: noisy, not the most comfortable beds, no hand soap in bathrooms good location for reasonable price if you can deal with the street noise plus noise from the bar on the first floor.

• 20th Jan 2014

Very dirty, there was pubic hair in our bed and the showers where disgusting. The room was dirty as well, and the bed omg the bed i would of rather slept on the floor.

• 17th Jan 2014

The rooms are too small, there's no air con and Melbourne is too hot. It's not very clean. I had problems with my keys (pass card) and I had to set them up again. Lift takes waaay too long to be used.

• 16th Jan 2014