Flinders Station Backpackers Reviews

35 Elizabeth st, Melbourne, Australia

Showers were cold!!! No free wifi, No free luggage storage before or after check-in or check-out, need to pay for a mug. Staff was not friendly. Staff pack up breakfast early.

Horibial would not let me and girl friend stay we had resavations and all she forgot is id had to then find other hotel at 10 at night after long trip would not reconamend to any one .space hotel is way to go

• 27th Jun 2014

Found my room to be really clean including bathrooms. Great value for money!

• 20th May 2014

Unfortunately very noisy. Saturday night the pub plays dico musib till 4am. The tram stop in Elizabeth St is also very noisy. I didnt get much sleep during the 5 days I was there.

• 17th May 2014

Ideal location

• 7th May 2014

hi yes I found your place and my room to be very clean and the staff very helpful so good on you only problem I found was I could not find a mug for a coffee with the free breakfast but apart from that all was good

• 5th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Average. Noisy at night. Location and value for money was good.

The room was not clean at all and it was not clear which beds were free to use. The broken lockers should be replaced, so one can put the valuables in a save place.

First off, the location for this place couldn't be any more perfect, right in the heart of the city, easy to walk everywhere and is across the road from finders St station so public transport is very easy to access. I was on the 10th floor so there was no issue of noise from the bar below or anything like that however drunk people loudly returning to their rooms on w/e nights can be annoying. Staff were friendly, rooms were small but good, bathrooms were mostly kept clean.

• 25th Apr 2014

Free breakfast, friendly vibe and central location! :)

• 20th Apr 2014

Good hostel, very good location and very helpfull staff. Also its great to have breakfast supplied.

The staff was the main downfall in this hostel. Throughout my stay they didnt seem the slightest bit interested in helping me. ie. I was checking out early and wanted to leave my bag. There was clearly enough space in the luggege area but refused me putting my bag there as it was only for people arriving! The receptionest was very rude in dealing with the situation. Location is good, thats all...

we stayed in a private room with ensuite bathroom. the staff came in every day but just took the rubbish, even if it wasn't necessary. they didn't fill up the toilet paper or the tea and coffee in the room. the guy when we checked-out was also very unfriendly.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

A pretty average party place. There is a club on level two which can be heard and felt from levels up (I was on 6) until 2am. It is nice and close to to both the tram and train stations (and you can hear it at 5-6am in the morning along with the even earlier bottle collection). Also they charge for a lot of their 'facilities options' Security was top notch and the beds were pretty great though.

Room was good enough for what it was. Having the bar in the same building and being across from train station and tram was great.

Don't stay here! This is the worst hostel I've ever seen! Staff are rude, offensive, unfriendly

It is good to eat and mix with meal people from different nationalities during breakfast times.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Receptionists' are very rude and unwelcoming. Maybe there is a professional course they can take on customer service. Hard to socialise with the people thar live at the hostel marking their territory. All in all it was cheap and had a good location. Everything else was below average.

Everything was great except the keycards often did not work at the bathroom. The room was a little cramped for the beds.

• 16th Mar 2014

Some blankets, sheets and pillows are too much used, is necessary to buy new ones. In my last night I changed my room and the blankets were dirty.

• 11th Mar 2014