Flip Flop Hostel - Main Station Reviews

No.103, Huayin St., Datong Dist., Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C), Taipei, Taiwan

Location of the flip flop hostel is great, within 5 mins walk from the metro station. Overall condition of the hostel is good and the ladies' floor is securely managed with a separate digital lock. Only suggestion is that - the hostel can try not to accept travellers to the 4/6-ppl rooms if they need to arrive at midnight. Its a little annoying when ppl keep arriving at midnight, then some ppl need to catch flights at like 4 am/ 5am.note that they dont hv curtains for individual beds.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Hong Kong

The staff are friendly and readily for help.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

I was not able to stay at the hostel because my purse and cellphone were stolen. I was not able to contact them because I had no phone, and when I later explained the situation to them they were extremely kind and understanding and didn't charge me for not cancelling my reservation. They were awesome. Thanks Flip Flop Hostel!

• 29th Apr 2015

All facilities is excelent! Staff is nice and service mind.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Located at very strategy n convenience location, which good for the solo female traveler. Nice staff n clean environment.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Staffs very nice, good location

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

The room is extremely clean and the beds are very nice. I love the locker and desk at the bed that I can store my bags there and write at my own space. However it is a little bit noisy for my room that is near to the road and quite unconvenient if I have to bring up my large backpack to lock on the upper bed's locker. It will be nice if there can be a ground locker storage for upper beds because it is quite dangerous if we have to bring up all the things to the upper level.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

one of the best hostels I've been in (within Asia). especially appreciate the huge locker provided for each person and staff were mostly friendly and welcoming. excellent background soundtrack as well. would definitely stay again if I return to taipei.

Be aware that this hostel is 5 stories tall. It does warn you that it is walk-up, but I wasn't expecting to be on the 5th floor, or that the bathrooms were down a flight. (And the non-heate drinking water is on the ground floor.) Showers are hot, staff is friendly, and the general atmosphere is inviting without being party central. It is near Taipei Main Station, and is easy to find. Luggage storage is not locked. For those who aren't accustomed, be warned: This place does tell you not flush TP.

Have a chance to live in single room which is on the 5th floor Quite hard to walk up to the upstair Because of it's narrowing This make my legs loss of energy

An excellent location really easy to find right by the main train and bus stations. The staff were helpful if you asked about anything in particular but not quite as friendly as some of the smaller hostels in Taiwan. But a perfect place to stay if you need to be close to the main transport links.

Highly recommended for this hostel!!!

• 23rd Mar 2015

Recommended!

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

A home away from home, extremely helpful staff always willing to lend a hand! :)

Whoever designed this hostel did a wonderful job. Facility was intuitively designed for the convenience of the customer. I also had a great time chatting with my female roommates after our day of adventures. 6% was docked because of the nagging by one of the girl at the front desk. I just find that odd since her job was to be hospitable, not a micro-nagger.

The location was great for getting around taipei -- right next to all sorts of transportation. Our room on the 5th floor (private room) was directly under the roof, so there was little headspace in half the room and the mattress is on the floor, but it was comfy and clean. Being under the roof did mean that when the rain decided to pour for two days straight it was very loud, making it difficult to sleep. Staff were friendly and spoke English (and various other languages). A pleasant stay!

非常容易找到的位置

Very near Taipei main station, clean bed and bath room, good security. I prefer mix room more than couple room.

Staff is incredibly friendly and approachable. I made some friends staying there for about 2 weeks. I wasn't expecting to have so much fun at the hotel. Met a lot of cool people.

• 24th Feb 2015

Very cozy lounge. The atmosphere was really great and the rooms were very nice. Very clean bath.

« first « Prev 1 2 3