Flip Flop Hostel - Main Station Reviews

No.103, Huayin St., Datong Dist., Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C), Taipei, Taiwan

Older crowd, some children around the hostel, little socialising in the common areas. Otherwise the hostel was great.

Very beautiful and cosy hostel. Staff is very helpful and the location is very convenient.

I doubt if you could find another hostel like flip flop anywhere else, super friendly and helpful stuff, excellent location, cozy and clean environment, definitely a home away from home, I would highly recommend to anyone looking for true Taiwan experience in Taipei

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

I stayed in Private room at 5th floor. The hostel was really nice, clean and cozy. Friendly staffs. Location can not be better than this. It was really nice time to stay there. But there was no elevator so it was little bit hard for myself to move the bag all by myself. I recommed staff you guys help customers to bring the bag on the top floor.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Dear friend, thanks for your comment, and we're glad that you enjoy your stay here!We have posted that there's no elevator in the building both on our official website and Hostelworld, and also remind our guests take this into consideration when packing luggage. Our staff will always help the guests who are with big luggages, if they ask for help. We appreciate your feedback on Hostelworld, hope can see you again! :)

location is really excellent, nearly close to MRT and easy to find. Staffs are very friendly and speak english very well. Only one thing that I don't like here is my reserved bed is close to window, at road side, so I feel noisy every morning (frome outside) and can't sleep more a bit.

Dear friend, it's good the hear that you had good time in Taipei, and thanks for your comment. For the noise from road side, our house is next to Taipei Station, and it runs for 24hrs, so we provide free ear plugs for our guests. Guests can find the ear plugs near the counter, or just feel free to ask the staffs, we will be happy to help. Thank you for your feedback, and hope to see you again! :)

i stayed in this hostel three days. staff is so kind. you can ask to everything when you don't know about taipei. i think if you stay in this hostel, you'll success travel.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Location is really superb, it's near the Taipei MRT station and I can walk back alone at night feeling safe. The female dorm toilet is not frequent clean, as I see the full rubbish bin (the night before) is still full the next morning when I use the toilet. The washing basin area is always wet and with human hairs left here and there. However, the overall toilet cleanliness is quite OK. Environment is OK and room environment was nice too. Meet some cool room mates too.

Dear friend, thanks for your feedback. Sorry to make you feel uncomfortable with the toilet. We clean the bathroom everyday, but for keeping the cleanness, beside the morning cleaning, now we send our staff to check the bins and sinks in the evening before we leave. Thank you for your comment, and hope to see you again.

Extremely convenient location just 5-10 minutes walk from the bus, MRT, TRA and HSR stations. Quiet despite being in the centre of the city. Friendly staff, but wish they'd speak Mandarin a bit slower for those of us out of practice. Need more free brochures for transport, etc. I like the lockers next to the bed and the LED reading lights.

Friendly, helpful staff. Loved the backpacker vibe. Pity I couldn't have stayed longer

• 21st Nov 2014

Flip Flop was awesome for my 3 night stay in Taipei. It's location is excellent right in the heart of the city by the main bus station and a subway station. The staff was very friendly and spoke English well. Although the lounge was small it was really comfy. The bathrooms looked new and were clean. Each bed came with its own light and foot locker. The Wi-Fi signal was also strong throughout the building. I will definitely stay here if I visit Taipei again.

A colourful, friendly hotel in a super convenient location in downtown Taipei. The staff are really friendly and helpful, this is a great place to stay.

Friendly place, very convenient location, stayed there on two occasions - definitely my base when in Taipei!

Very nice place..

• 12th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Every single staff is amazing! Love their enthusiastic attitudes! The concierges are especially great! They know the way around and are always happy to answer any questions. Would recommend this hostel to those who speaks the language. The only thing is that, the location looks like it's closed to the main station. But if you are with heavy luggage, expect to have a hectic walk since access to specific stations might not be a convenient route.

Very comfortable stay. The staff is super friendly and they provide free walking tour around taipei as well which is a really great way to learn their culture. I love the common area where i get to socialise with their staff and other guest. Wifi is great and location wise is super recommended. Only a 5minutes from taipei main station, a shopping paradise area and other big departmental store as well. Will be back to this place when i visit taipei

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Accessible as it's a stone away from HRS, MRT and Bus station. Friendly staff, clean environment. Good option for backpacker!

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Singapore

Great hostel. One of the best hostel I stayed so far, highly recommended!

We got the private room on the 5th floor, the stairs from 4th to 5th is a little narrow (large luggages beware!). Apart of that I highly recommend this place. clean, friendly, no-fuss checking in and out. perfect for a few days in the city.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

My friend and I stayed in two types of rooms during our trip, the twin room and 2 females dorm. The twin room is located at fifth floor, where has no lift, it's not good if you carry heavy luggage. Although it's not very close to the taipei main station, but fair enough. I will choose flip flop hostel again if i go Taipei again.

Dear friend, thanks for your comment! We have posted that there's no elevator in the building both on our official website and Hostelworld, and also remind our guests take this into consideration when packing luggage. Our staff will always help the guests who are with big luggages, if they ask for help. We appreciate your feedback on Hostelworld, hope can see you again! :)

I like the atmosphere of the hostel. Very homely and friendly. Like their cute chalkboard wall art. They offer free twice a week city tour. Too bad I did not manage to join. Only grumble was that single bedroom was at level 5. Dragging 10kg luggage up the stairs were really a chore. Anyway, good location - along Huayin St, beside Q Square which is a prominent landmark shown in the Taipei Station signboard. Provide free shampoo and shower gel.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Dear friend, thanks for your comment, and we're glad that you have wonderful stay! We have posted that there's no elevator in the building both on our official website and Hostelworld, and our staff will always help the guests who are with big luggages, if they ask for help. We appreciate your feedback on Hostelworld, hope can see you again, and join our free city tour next time! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4