Flip Flop Hostel - Main Station Reviews

No.103, Huayin St., Datong Dist., Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C), Taipei, Taiwan

This hostel is very close to hualien station. So good. And facility is so so. But there is not meal so you should prepare your meal.

• 24th May 2015
  • South Korea

Perfect location close to taopei main station

Recommend !!!! Nice / Clean / Good location

• 12th May 2015
  • Thailand

I spent 2 nights at the Flip Flop Hostel, and it was wonderful. I've never stayed at a hostel before as I normally stay in boutique and or major chain hotels. The main area, bathrooms, and bed rooms were all clean and roomy. The staff and guests were all friendly and polite. The staff were even helpful in making recommendations for places to go for sightseeing and to eat at. I plan to visit Taiwan again, and I definitely will stay at Flip Flop again!

• 4th May 2015

Location of the flip flop hostel is great, within 5 mins walk from the metro station. Overall condition of the hostel is good and the ladies' floor is securely managed with a separate digital lock. Only suggestion is that - the hostel can try not to accept travellers to the 4/6-ppl rooms if they need to arrive at midnight. Its a little annoying when ppl keep arriving at midnight, then some ppl need to catch flights at like 4 am/ 5am.note that they dont hv curtains for individual beds.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great hostel. Staff very friendly & helpful.

The staff are friendly and readily for help.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

I was not able to stay at the hostel because my purse and cellphone were stolen. I was not able to contact them because I had no phone, and when I later explained the situation to them they were extremely kind and understanding and didn't charge me for not cancelling my reservation. They were awesome. Thanks Flip Flop Hostel!

• 29th Apr 2015

All facilities is excelent! Staff is nice and service mind.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Located at very strategy n convenience location, which good for the solo female traveler. Nice staff n clean environment.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Staffs very nice, good location

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

The room is extremely clean and the beds are very nice. I love the locker and desk at the bed that I can store my bags there and write at my own space. However it is a little bit noisy for my room that is near to the road and quite unconvenient if I have to bring up my large backpack to lock on the upper bed's locker. It will be nice if there can be a ground locker storage for upper beds because it is quite dangerous if we have to bring up all the things to the upper level.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

one of the best hostels I've been in (within Asia). especially appreciate the huge locker provided for each person and staff were mostly friendly and welcoming. excellent background soundtrack as well. would definitely stay again if I return to taipei.

Be aware that this hostel is 5 stories tall. It does warn you that it is walk-up, but I wasn't expecting to be on the 5th floor, or that the bathrooms were down a flight. (And the non-heate drinking water is on the ground floor.) Showers are hot, staff is friendly, and the general atmosphere is inviting without being party central. It is near Taipei Main Station, and is easy to find. Luggage storage is not locked. For those who aren't accustomed, be warned: This place does tell you not flush TP.

Dear friend, thanks for your comment! We will remind our guests who stay in twin bed rooms and single room in the confirmation email that their room are on the 5F. And we posted that there's no elevator in the building both on our official website and Hostelworld. Only the guest who has key can enter the storage room. The piping system in Taiwan is narrow, so we always warn of the guest not to flush the toilet paper away, and this is common in Taiwan, we feel sorry if it makes you felt bad.

Have a chance to live in single room which is on the 5th floor Quite hard to walk up to the upstair Because of it's narrowing This make my legs loss of energy

Dear friend, thanks for your comment! We have posted that there's no elevator in the building both on our official website and Hostelworld, and also remind our guests take this into consideration when packing luggage. Our staff will always help the guests who are with big luggages, if they ask for help. We appreciate your feedback on Hostelworld, hope can see you again! :)

An excellent location really easy to find right by the main train and bus stations. The staff were helpful if you asked about anything in particular but not quite as friendly as some of the smaller hostels in Taiwan. But a perfect place to stay if you need to be close to the main transport links.

Dear friend, thanks for your comment! Our crew would like to be friends with every guest, in the meantime, we don't want to bother those people who are busy with their work. But all of our staff will definitely be glad to talk to the guests who's willing to share their stories. We appreciate your feedback.

Highly recommended for this hostel!!!

Recommended!

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

A home away from home, extremely helpful staff always willing to lend a hand! :)

Whoever designed this hostel did a wonderful job. Facility was intuitively designed for the convenience of the customer. I also had a great time chatting with my female roommates after our day of adventures. 6% was docked because of the nagging by one of the girl at the front desk. I just find that odd since her job was to be hospitable, not a micro-nagger.

« first « Prev 1 2 3