Flip Flop Hostel - Main Station Reviews

No.103, Huayin St., Datong Dist., Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C), Taipei, Taiwan

best service / good location / chic - trendy style / value for money

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

A vert cool hostel.... great and welcoming staff.... feels safe and cozy! Thank you guys!!

I hope they have fixed the fridge. This not working was the only draw back during our stay. The staff are very nice and helpful. The beds were comfortable and the place kept clean. Perhaps they could recommend hairdryers not to be used very late, since this noice woke us up. Otherwise it was quiet. Good that the social area is separate from the sleeping areas.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

The staff there, a girl helped me to take my luggage upstairs, was very nice. The location is just near Taipei Main Station, both bus and MRT is convenient to get.

No elevator....It was very hard time.....

• 27th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Hello, thanks for your comment on Hostelworld. We have posted that there's no elevator in the building both on our official website and Hostelworld, and also remind our guests take this into consideration when packing luggage. It's an old beautiful building, the stairs keeps the traditional style after the renovation. We would like to show our guests this kind of old beautiful architecture; and our staff will also help the guests who are with big luggages to go up together :)

It was my first trip to Taiwan and I'm glad that I chose Flip Flop Hostel. It's beyond my expectation. The location is great, close to MRT Station, Bus Station, Department Store, etc. And the place is very comfy, clean, and homey. The staff's also friendly and helpful. When I visit Taipei again, Flip Flop Hostel will be my first choice.

A very good campus in general, however it doesn't have very good sound proof construction and we heard the sound of using hair dryer after midnight and was woken by it early at 6 something in the morning. If you're easily woken by ambient noise, this may not be the best stay for you

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hello, thanks for your comment. We've already made a sign to ask people to keep voice down after 10pm, and post those sign on the hallway and the bathroom.

Nice and cozy. There is only one thing that bothering me. The hair dryers in the shower room shut down automatically with 1 or 2 minutes of use. And it doesn't work for a while. Actually I couldn't use it. I think I need take my hair dryer with me next time I visit the hostel. Staffs are very helpful and friendly. I want to stay this hostel again.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Hi, thanks for your comment and we're glad that you have a nice stay with us! :) We only provide small hairdryers in the bathroom, small ones are easy to be overheated. Maybe someone just had used the hairdryer before you, so when you used it, it became overheated. We would love to see you again! Thanks for the feedback! :D

this is the only hostel I have ever received a welcome email from, that says a lot about it. I was impressed with it on first sight and would have marked it all excellent except for 2 things. residents must be reminded of quiet time as some were very loud now and then up til 2 or 3am, the hallways echoed, and staff was not there to complain to. the other is that I was horribly bitten by bedbugs, and believe a serious steam cleaning of the covers is necessary.

Thanks for your comment. We already made some signs to remind voice down after 10pm. Also, we will inform our guests upon check-in in the future. About the bedbugs issue, we have rechecked very carefully everywhere and verified with other guests regarding to the bed bugs issue, yet no other cases reported. But we'll arrange the periodical disinfection, hope it won't happen again. We feel terribly sorry to hear that you suffered from bug bites. Hope you'll get better soon :)

The adapter is not working properly. I can't hardly plug in my charging port.

Dear friend, thanks for your comment and sorry for the inconvenience. Each bed in our house has a universal plug that needs no adapter anymore. We have checked the bed you stayed, the plug works well and there's no feedback from other guest. Next time if you stay in our house, welcome to feedback us if you encounter any problem; we will check and solve immediately. :)

Simply the best hostel I have ever been to. Super convenient location, with restaurants, major mall and transportation hub just across the street, very clean place (shoes off as you step in), helpful staff, good bedding integrating a large individual locker, good showers, free storage room. Be sure to book as early as you can because it is often full, specially on week-ends.

This hostel is nice. It was very clean and fashionable. And I didn't have to strain my nerve. If I could stay bit longer, I saw many good points.

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Japan

Hen hao !!

• 20th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

I never thought that a hostel so close to the main train station would be so nice. The staff is great and it's pretty clean all around. I didn't stay long enough to get a feel for the atmosphere. It was very convenient to both the Taipei Main Station (which services both the TRA and THSR) and the bus station which includes direct busses to TPE airport and the rest of the country.

Excellent hostel in a perfect location right near Taipei Main Station. Jim, a hostel employee, took us on an amazing guided tour during the Pingxi Lantern Festival - showing us several towns, local traditions/food, etc. The hostel facilities were very modern, clean and functional. I would highly recommend Flip Flop Hostel!

• 13th Feb 2014

It really feels like a home away from home, especially so for a first time solo traveller. The overall feel of the place was friendly and peaceful. Security was done well, and cleanliness was good as well. I will stay there again if I am there again with friends or myself. I had an awesome time there :)

Only stayed for one night but would have loved to stay for longer. Very comfortable place to stay, great beds, pillows, blankets, place looks very nice. Downstairs area is great too. Location is right next to TP Main station so super convenient for wherever you need to go.

I stayed there for one night. It is very close to the tube station, rail station and bus station. So the location is nearly perfect. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Facilities look clean and new, definitely above average level. Also u will meet a lot of people here. All in all a very good place to stay. Will come again.

Nice place to stay with

Fabulous days in flipflop ! Flipflop is the best hostel in Taipei!!!! If I go to Taipei again, I will go to Flipflop :)

• 23rd Jan 2014