Flip Flop Hostel - Main Station Reviews

No.103, Huayin St., Datong Dist., Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C), Taipei, Taiwan

Extremely convenient location just 5-10 minutes walk from the bus, MRT, TRA and HSR stations. Quiet despite being in the centre of the city. Friendly staff, but wish they'd speak Mandarin a bit slower for those of us out of practice. Need more free brochures for transport, etc. I like the lockers next to the bed and the LED reading lights.

Friendly, helpful staff. Loved the backpacker vibe. Pity I couldn't have stayed longer

• 21st Nov 2014

Friendly place, very convenient location, stayed there on two occasions - definitely my base when in Taipei!

Very nice place..

• 12th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Very comfortable stay. The staff is super friendly and they provide free walking tour around taipei as well which is a really great way to learn their culture. I love the common area where i get to socialise with their staff and other guest. Wifi is great and location wise is super recommended. Only a 5minutes from taipei main station, a shopping paradise area and other big departmental store as well. Will be back to this place when i visit taipei

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Accessible as it's a stone away from HRS, MRT and Bus station. Friendly staff, clean environment. Good option for backpacker!

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Singapore

Great hostel. One of the best hostel I stayed so far, highly recommended!

My friend and I stayed in two types of rooms during our trip, the twin room and 2 females dorm. The twin room is located at fifth floor, where has no lift, it's not good if you carry heavy luggage. Although it's not very close to the taipei main station, but fair enough. I will choose flip flop hostel again if i go Taipei again.

Dear friend, thanks for your comment! We have posted that there's no elevator in the building both on our official website and Hostelworld, and also remind our guests take this into consideration when packing luggage. Our staff will always help the guests who are with big luggages, if they ask for help. We appreciate your feedback on Hostelworld, hope can see you again! :)

I like the atmosphere of the hostel. Very homely and friendly. Like their cute chalkboard wall art. They offer free twice a week city tour. Too bad I did not manage to join. Only grumble was that single bedroom was at level 5. Dragging 10kg luggage up the stairs were really a chore. Anyway, good location - along Huayin St, beside Q Square which is a prominent landmark shown in the Taipei Station signboard. Provide free shampoo and shower gel.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Dear friend, thanks for your comment, and we're glad that you have wonderful stay! We have posted that there's no elevator in the building both on our official website and Hostelworld, and our staff will always help the guests who are with big luggages, if they ask for help. We appreciate your feedback on Hostelworld, hope can see you again, and join our free city tour next time! :)

Staffs are speaking perfect English so you'll get the maximum aid for your request

This is my first time in taipei, the hostel which are really great in cleanliness^^

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

In the room at the streetside it would be nice to have curtains that dont let the lite in from the streetlites.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Dear friend, thanks for your comment! We feel sorry that the streetlights disturbed you at night. We have curtains on the windows in every room, and our staffs will be glad to help you if you have any problem during your stay. We appreciate your feedback on Hostelworld, hope can see you again.

Good, clean, secure, friendly staff

• 21st Oct 2014

FFH staff is awesome friendly and helpful!!

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Location is truely exllent! just next to the main statuon. Everything is good, but may need to wait for hours for the shower.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Dear friend, thanks for your comment! We have 2 showers and 2 toilets on each level, if the showers on the level you stayed were full, just feel free to use those on other levels, then you might not have to wait for so long. We appreciate your feedback, and wish you all the best! :)

Satisfied!! Recommendable!!

Staff I chatted with were warm and friendly, facility was clean and location great. Would stay again. ^^

Perfect location and good service. Yet poor facilities as making me lift my almost 20KG luggage up to the 5th floor, it is terrible.

• 5th Oct 2014